Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OnePlus 7 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Parting way with my 12GB OP7 Pro, bought last month, although a great phone bit too large. Having said that I am tempted by the Note 10+ which is even bigger. I use microsd storage alot so Note ticks all the boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Anyone know if these guys give a vat receipt? Was gonna try to buy one through work?

I didn't get one. I didn't ask for one. I just got a standard receipt detailing phone price and shipping. No VAT breakdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

dan786 wrote: »
    Parting way with my 12GB OP7 Pro, bought last month, although a great phone bit too large. Having said that I am tempted by the Note 10+ which is even bigger. I use microsd storage alot so Note ticks all the boxes.
    Where are you selling?

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭irish_man

Thinking of buying a one 7 from gearbest or EU global. Would I have to pay taxes on the one from gearbest?

On the EU Global website it says it's flashed. Would this matter?

irish_man wrote: »
    Thinking of buying a one 7 from gearbest or EU global. Would I have to pay taxes on the one from gearbest?

On the EU Global website it says it's flashed. Would this matter?

You have to pay taxes. If you purchase it outside EU, it will get stopepd by customs. If you purchase it from a eueopean company or direct, VAT is included.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Decided to get the OP7 Pro today. Nearly went for the S10+ instead but thankfully they had the Pro in stock. Really looking forward to getting it set up!

Yakult wrote: »
    Decided to get the OP7 Pro today. Nearly went for the S10+ instead but thankfully they had the Pro in stock. Really looking forward to getting it set up!
    Going to follow suit - but have to sell on my iPhone XS first.....

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Rojo

Where did you order from if you don’t mind me asking?

Rojo wrote: »
    Where did you order from if you don’t mind me asking?

I picked it up in a Three store!

I picked it up in a Three store!

How do you find it in the hand (size wise )?

• Advertisement

It's big but not overly so. The main thing I noticed is the weight. I came from a Galaxy 7 Edge. This 7 Pro is heavy. Not so much when you immediately pick it up. But after 2 or 3 minutes of single handed usage, man, you start to feel the weight.

I wouldn't give it up, though.

RangeR wrote: »
    It's big but not overly so. The main thing I noticed is the weight. I came from a Galaxy 7 Edge. This 7 Pro is heavy. Not so much when you immediately pick it up. But after 2 or 3 minutes of single handed usage, man, you start to feel the weight.

I wouldn't give it up, though.

This.

It's manageable by all means. I've come from the Nokia 7 Plus, which is similar enough in size that it's not much of a change for me. but even despite the heavier weight and slightly bigger build, it feels more comfortable in the hand than the Nokia did.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,817 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Teaser for the new OP7T.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

Specs leaked

botUJWI.png

The 7T looks tempting, not much of an upgrade for the Pro version

• Registered Users Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭54and56

xtal191 wrote: »
    The 7T looks tempting, not much of an upgrade for the Pro version

Agree with this, best of the Pro but in a more useable form factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Wanderer41

I'm looking to buy a OnePlus 7. It's out of stock on the website and not too keen on the flip up camera on the pro. I know the 7T will be coming out but ideally I'd like to get one sooner. Carphone Warehouse have the 7 in stock on three. I'm with Vodafone but I read a post here that one sim is locked and the other is unlocked. Can anyone verify that? They weren't sure when I asked in the store but said it should work seeing as it's dual sim. I don't want to buy it and then realise I can't use it. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Don't know about the sim locks mines on 3 and don't think it's locked, no 3 software on it. That pop up camera is a work of genius, it even hides itself if the phone senses a free fall. I'd go with the Pro. Battery is great and the included 30w charger fills it up in no time.

Android 10 is out now for it, just about the install it with Majestic to keep my root. Hopefully I don't brick it.

Don't know about the sim locks mines on 3 and don't think it's locked, no 3 software on it. That pop up camera is a work of genius, it even hides itself if the phone senses a free fall. I'd go with the Pro. Battery is great and the included 30w charger fills it up in no time.

Android 10 is out now for it, just about the install it with Majestic to keep my root. Hopefully I don't brick it.

Out of curiosity, what root stuff do you need on the 7Pro? I have historically rooted all of my phones but not since I started using Google Pay about a6 months ago.

Out of curiosity, what root stuff do you need on the 7Pro? I have historically rooted all of my phones but not since I started using Google Pay about a6 months ago.

It's very simple..

I only rooted so I can have YouTube playing while driving on Android Auto.

Sorry, my question was asked incorrectly. I should have asked [and meant] "Why do you root your OnePlus?"

Is that Youtube playing on the in car Android Auto?

If so, I'm tempted [audio not video].

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Was tempted to root but it seems Revolut wont work on a rooted phone?

Sorry, my question was asked incorrectly. I should have asked [and meant] "Why do you root your OnePlus?"

Is that Youtube playing on the in car Android Auto?

If so, I'm tempted [audio not video].

It's full YouTube audio and video while your driving. No adverts on it either when driving. I use car steam hence the root needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

It's full YouTube audio and video while your driving. No adverts on it either when driving. I use car steam hence the root needed.

You can get this without rooting if you take out a Youtube subscription which also gives you full access to either Youtube Music and/or Google Play Music. It's a great service.

You can get this without rooting if you take out a Youtube subscription which also gives you full access to either Youtube Music and/or Google Play Music. It's a great service.

It allows you watch video while your driving, I doubt it Google have it banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭54and56

54and56 wrote: »
    Agree with this, best of the Pro but in a more useable form factor.

Disappointed with the huge camera bump at the back of the phone, I think it looks terrible. That and the horrible case colours mean I'll pass on the 7T.

If the 7T Pro is the bees knees I might push the boat out and re-purpose my 5 to be a back up phone for the next time one of the family loses/breaks their phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

Anyone know a cheaper source for a genuine Oneplus Dash Charger?

They're 30 euro from oneplus and the market is 99% fakes claiming to be genuine.
    Theres only 1 used one on ebay.co.uk at the moment as they're in high demand due to the fakes.

Aliexpress, ebay and even amazon are a no go as they're all fakes claiming to be original.

I'm not willing to risk a fire with a charger capable of a 4 Amp output.

If anyone is selling one they had that they bought with their oneplus phone I'd be interested in buying,
    but it has to be one you got with the phone.

Edit:

I have put up a referral link now in the appropriate thread in the hope of getting a genuine charger cheaper:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin//showpost.php?p=111431545&postcount=43

Doge wrote: »
    Anyone know a cheaper source for a genuine Oneplus Dash Charger?

They're 30 euro from oneplus and the market is 99% fakes claiming to be genuine.
    Theres only 1 used one on ebay.co.uk at the moment as they're in high demand due to the fakes.

Aliexpress, ebay and even amazon are a no go as they're all fakes claiming to be original.

I'm not willing to risk a fire with a charger capable of a 4 Amp output.

If anyone is selling one they had that they bought with their oneplus phone I'd be interested in buying,
    but it has to be one you got with the phone.

Edit:

I have put up a referral link now in the appropriate thread in the hope of getting a genuine charger cheaper:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin//showpost.php?p=111431545&postcount=43

You don't want to risk a fire but you want to skrimp on materials? Just buy it from 1+. And it's €50 direct + Postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Ok looking to upgrade from one plus 5 to the 7 pro

Seen this for sale on one plus site and euglobal(although not sure about buying expensive phone from here)

any other online sites selling the phone that are reliable

• Advertisement

Ok looking to upgrade from one plus 5 to the 7 pro

Seen this for sale on one plus site and euglobal(although not sure about buying expensive phone from here)

any other online sites selling the phone that are reliable

There's an announcement on the 10th of October to release the 7T and rumours of the 7T Pro reveal. I'd hang on a few days.

Advertisement