Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OnePlus 7 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Does anyone know if Three will have new models on Thurs launch day? Or do phone companies usually have to wait a whike before Ihey receive them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

py2006 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Three will have new models on Thurs launch day? Or do phone companies usually have to wait a whike before Ihey receive them?

https://www.three.ie/brand/oneplus/oneplus-7t-pro/

Register your interest there, they won't have it on launch day though

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

devnull wrote: »
    Battery seems excellent too - I've just had to put it on charge - it hasn't seen a charger since 10pm Wednesday night before that which is highly impressive compared to my Sony XZ2 it replaced which normally I would have to top up before leaving work if I wasn't going straight home through fear of battery running out.

For some reason my battery performance has fell of a cliff the last couple of days and I have idea why unfortunately.

I haven't changed any settings or installed any new apps. Battery consuming apps shows nothing out of the ordinary, nothing using above 4% but you can see on the battery graph there is a steady drop throughout the day, even when the phone is not being used whereas before when the phone was not being used the drop would slow right up which you'd expect. Is it possibly the phone not sleeping properly?

I've lost 25% or more overnight for the last two nights, right now it says time since last full charge 16 hours, screen on time 29 minutes, and it's gone from 100% to 22% in that time.. I was able to get almost two full days from a charge at one point and now I'm struggling to get through the day and I'm stumped as to what it could be, as every graph and piece of information on the phone doesn't point it out.

The fact I saw similar behaviour with my XZ2 makes me think it's an app or something causing it, but that doesn't explain why it was right for a few days then the performance fell off and surely if it was an app, it would be obvious from the battery section which shows you which apps are draining power?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,817 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

devnull wrote: »
    For some reason my battery performance has fell of a cliff the last couple of days and I have idea why unfortunately.

I haven't changed any settings or installed any new apps. Battery consuming apps shows nothing out of the ordinary, nothing using above 4% but you can see on the battery graph there is a steady drop throughout the day, even when the phone is not being used whereas before when the phone was not being used the drop would slow right up which you'd expect. Is it possibly the phone not sleeping properly?

I've lost 25% or more overnight for the last two nights, right now it says time since last full charge 16 hours, screen on time 29 minutes, and it's gone from 100% to 22% in that time.. I was able to get almost two full days from a charge at one point and now I'm struggling to get through the day and I'm stumped as to what it could be, as every graph and piece of information on the phone doesn't point it out.

The fact I saw similar behaviour with my XZ2 makes me think it's an app or something causing it, but that doesn't explain why it was right for a few days then the performance fell off and surely if it was an app, it would be obvious from the battery section which shows you which apps are draining power?

Have you used a new app on the phone in the last few days? One that was already downloaded but you may not have opened since you got the phone?

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Have you used a new app on the phone in the last few days? One that was already downloaded but you may not have opened since you got the phone?

Nothing at all, I've barely touched the phone in the last couple of days as have been snowed under at work so that surprised me that it's gone down so much.

This is my battery usage graph, note the almost diagonal line, it seems a steay drai at the same pace regardless if using the phone or not, whereas before when not in use it would straighten up and only dip like that under heavy load.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Hi all I'm looking to buy a 7t where would be the best place to buy price wise. Cheers all

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

massy086 wrote: »
    Hi all I'm looking to buy a 7t where would be the best place to buy price wise. Cheers all

oneplus.com

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Wanderer41

I'm thinking of buying the 7T this week. Just wondering from past experience if they run out of stock very quickly or not? Are there any downsides to getting one this week? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

RangeR wrote: »
    oneplus.com

Would China be cheaper option and is there any downside

• Registered Users Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭54and56

Anyone thinking of ordering the 7T Pro tomorrow having second thoughts now the Pixel 4XL (https://store.google.com/ie/product/pixel_4?gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=Cj0KCQjw3JXtBRC8ARIsAEBHg4nGUYHEHwFrzgSz7TgSbw6C-TsaOUXPgW7zJbWS6RzKW6L6ZeU9260aAqwlEALw_wcB) has been announced?

Personally I don't think I'd use the air motion gestures much and the 64GB of storage is very small.

BTW, I assume the fact the 7T Pro has a pop up selfie camera means facial recognition isn't an option for unlocking?

• Advertisement

54and56 wrote: »
    Anyone thinking of ordering the 7T Pro tomorrow having second thoughts now the Pixel 4XL (https://store.google.com/ie/product/pixel_4?gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=Cj0KCQjw3JXtBRC8ARIsAEBHg4nGUYHEHwFrzgSz7TgSbw6C-TsaOUXPgW7zJbWS6RzKW6L6ZeU9260aAqwlEALw_wcB) has been announced?

Personally I don't think I'd use the air motion gestures much and the 64GB of storage is very small.

BTW, I assume the fact the 7T Pro has a pop up selfie camera means facial recognition isn't an option for unlocking?

Pixel 4 XL has a smaller battery, pathetic charge speed, less RAM, less storage, weaker processor, no dual sim support and doesn't come with Dolby Atmos.

If it was a boxing match, it'd be stopped early in the first round as the OnePlus will have knocked the Pixel out cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Narcissus

Face unlock is still available with the pop-up camera, it takes maybe a second longer than normal face unlock.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

Divided between the OnePlus 7t and the Mi9t Pro. Other than the 90hz screen, what is the advantage of the 7t (not the 7t Pro).
    The Mi9 is a fantastic price for what you get

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Narcissus

The 7T Pro costs €759, you get 256gb storage with that, Pixel 4 xl only goes up to 128gb and costs €999. Taking into account the other things devnull mentioned, i'd still be more interested in 7T Pro.

Narcissus wrote: »
    The 7T Pro costs €759, you get 256gb storage with that, Pixel 4 xl only goes up to 128gb and costs €999. Taking into account the other things devnull mentioned, i'd still be more interested in 7T Pro.

Sold!!

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭xboxdad

Did any of you receive the Android 10 OTA for the OnePlus 7? (not asking about manual install)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭Cotts72

xboxdad wrote: »
    Did any of you receive the Android 10 OTA for the OnePlus 7? (not asking about manual install)

Not yet, I'm with 3

Is it tomorrow morning @ 10:30 that the 7T's and 7T Pro's are available to purchase on the OnePlus website? For some reason I thought it was today :o

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Is it tomorrow morning @ 10:30 that the 7T's and 7T Pro's are available to purchase on the OnePlus website? For some reason I thought it was today :o

Yeah tomorrow - 17th.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,725 ✭✭✭✭phog

Is there any discount referral code available?

Ideally for the 7T Pro as I think that's what I've settled on

• Advertisement

Are people actually forking out the big bucks to buy sim free or upgrading?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

phog wrote: »
    Is there any discount referral code available?

Ideally for the 7T Pro as I think that's what I've settled on

Big referral link thread here: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057978665 its for the OP7 but all links will still be valid.

I'd say most OP owners would buy direct sim free from OP

• Registered Users Posts: 27,817 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The OP7 Pro is €469 on the €30 a month plan from Three. That's €1189 over the life of the two year contract.

If you buy direct from OP and sign up to the new 30 day plan from GoMo at €9.99 a month the two year period will cost you €940.

Even if you were on a €20 plan per month it'll work out slightly cheaper to buy direct.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    If you buy direct from OP and sign up to the new 30 day plan from GoMo at €9.99 a month the two year period will cost you €940.

I was thinking of GoMo but often those sub-companies tend not to deliver great service or last too long. I have an old package with a network that gives me unlimited data which they no longer offer to new customers so not really willing to loose that.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭fed_u

Any recommendations for a good case and screen protector for 7pro? I got the sandstone case free but not convinced it offers much protection! Cheers

Already a film screen protector on top of the phone when you get it, or are you talking about an actual glass/plastic one to go on top as an extra layer.

I've got one of these:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/OtterBox-Symmetry-Clear-Confidence-OnePlus/dp/B00Z7TV8IW/ref=asc_df_B00Z7TV8IW/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=294684076205&hvpos=1o2&hvnetw=g&hvrand=13904325368879399432&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9045048&hvtargid=pla-760542507253&psc=1&th=1&psc=1

There's a decent lip around all four sides of it which is a screen bumper, the case is made from very tough material, back literally is solid as a rock and the phone fits in as solid as a rock (not easy to get out mind, but possible!) The lip pretty much stops any accidental palm touches of the screen as well without hindering text input and obviously it's clear, so if you have Nebula Blue, that's a bonus. It's compatible with most screen protectors and the Otterbox Alpha Glass.

Probably a touch overpriced but the level of protection is very high and build quality blows other cases out the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

I got the nylon bumper case for the OnePlus 6T, a year ago when I bought it and I have dropped the phone (accidentally) 3 or 4 times on hard path. And it has come out of it without any damages.

They have the same bumper case for the 7 and 7t

It has gorilla glass 6 as well which , based on tests online, seems to show , that it's quite a sturdy phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Anyone returned a phone to OP under the 14 day cooling off period?! Is it difficult? Tempted to order and see what its like!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

I've pulled the trigger on the 7T, looking forward to seeing how it performs now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

I think no 3.5mm jack, no jack adapter and no notification light is a deal-breaker for me but still interested to hear opinions on it

5t is still going strong apart from having to be very precise to get it to quick charge

Advertisement