Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OnePlus 7 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭54and56

wardie101 wrote: »
    Is there any issues with buying off the US site, getting it ordered to the US and picking it up over there to bring back to use here ? The 8G 256 is only 699$ so ~620 which is a big saving from 749e

The only diff seems to be TDS here missing on the US model.....Is there another issue I need to be aware of ??

Bands
    FDD LTE: B1,2,3,4,5,7,8,12,13,17,18,19,20,25,26,28,29,32,66
    TDD-LTE: B34,38,39,40,41
    TDS: B34,39
    UMTS: B1,2,4,5,8,9,19
    CDMA: BC0,BC1
    GSM: B2,3,5,8

TDS here? (Apologies if it's a really dumb question)

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭wardie101

54&56 wrote: »

Thats the Irish Site Details...US site is the same except is does not have TDS listed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭54and56

wardie101 wrote: »
    Thats the Irish Site Details...US site is the same except is does not have TDS listed

So what is "TDS"?

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

Anyone know if you buy from three is it still Dual SIM, think I read it wasn't for T Mobile in the states the 6T was single SIM only

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Interested in buying from three actually. I currently pay them €30 per month for sim only deal for last 3-4 years with unlimited data. There I can get the phone for €299 and pay €30 per month but now on a 24 month contract instead.

This way €250 cheaper for the phone and same monthly cost as now (some less minutes but I mainly use data in fairness.

Seems like good value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

chris85 wrote: »
    Interested in buying from three actually. I currently pay them €30 per month for sim only deal for last 3-4 years with unlimited data. There I can get the phone for €299 and pay €30 per month but now on a 24 month contract instead.

This way €250 cheaper for the phone and same monthly cost as now (some less minutes but I mainly use data in fairness.

Seems like good value.

I got it on the same from Three.

It's a great phone, no idea why it isn't selling more

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Cotts72

How's the camera on the OP7, hearing mixed reviews online

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

talkabout wrote: »
    Anyone know if you buy from three is it still Dual SIM, think I read it wasn't for T Mobile in the states the 6T was single SIM only

I inquired about this in 3 blanchardstown yesterday. SIM 1 is locked while SIM 2 is unlocked.

Sold out in store, so it must be doing well!

Still on the fence from upgrading from the 5T.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

I inquired about this in 3 blanchardstown yesterday. SIM 1 is locked while SIM 2 is unlocked.

Both SIM slots work. I have 2 different SIMs in my OP7Pro at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

For those of you that have the 7 Pro, have you noticed any issues with the camera in nightscape mode?

Highlighted here: (skip to 7:00)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Chibs

How is everyone finding the battery life on the pro? Thinking of picking up one next week torn between this and s10+ can’t decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

Chibs wrote: »
    How is everyone finding the battery life on the pro? Thinking of picking up one next week torn between this and s10+ can’t decide.
    I'm in the same spot, S10+ or OP7 pro. I think I'm going with S10+, apart from 90hz refresh rate screen, galaxy is better phone imo. From reviews I seen, quality of screen seems to be better on galaxy, it's just the refresh rate. And s10+ is cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

kave2 wrote:
    I'm in the same spot, S10+ or OP7 pro. I think I'm going with S10+, apart from 90hz refresh rate screen, galaxy is better phone imo. From reviews I seen, quality of screen seems to be better on galaxy, it's just the refresh rate. And s10+ is cheaper.

Where is the s10+ cheaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Chibs

kave2 wrote: »

I like the bigger screen and no notch and warp charging and the os. But like you said the s10+ gets the better reviews. I’m really split. I’m coming from a mate 20 pro that I returned. Where are you planning on picking up your s10?

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

Chibs wrote: »
    kave2 wrote: »

I like the bigger screen and no notch and warp charging and the os. But like you said the s10+ gets the better reviews. I’m really split. I’m coming from a mate 20 pro that I returned. Where are you planning on picking up your s10?

I have S8 atm. Bigger screen but the phone itself is bigger too and lot heavier. I really like OneUI on Samsung and camera meant to be really good. I'll get mine on adverts, currently 699e. You can order OP7 pro directly from OnePlus and if you don't like it, return within 14 days. No questions asked. I was actually thinking about that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Em7th

Has anyone got this phone and how are they finding it? Can't decide whether together this or the p30 pro...

Em7th wrote:
    Has anyone got this phone and how are they finding it? Can't decide whether together this or the p30 pro...

I'm the same I'd imagine the p30 has a better camera

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Em7th

Nolars wrote: »

From what I could see in comparisons, the OnePlus takes a more true to life photo while the P30 is more vibrant. I prefer the former myself.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

So this phone is technically unlocked so? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Nolars wrote: »

Same Boat... Few YouTube vids on the topic. There's a lad 'mrwhoseboss' who is i think that does side by side the comparisons. P30 is more vivid alright in colour but has up to x5 zoom capabilities with unreal clarity. That's swaying me at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Haribo_papa

54&56 wrote: »

Hey -was anyone ok to confirm if the OP7 pro purchased from the US OP website will work on Irish networks?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭5star02707

Software wise OnePlus hands down

but if you're a camera person go with Samsung or Huawei as you'll be disappointed with OnePlus.

don't get me wrong i'm a OnePlus user myself but I've accepted the fact that camera is their weakpoint

I ordered the almond version shipped and all hopefully have it by Friday now.

5star02707 wrote: »
    Software wise OnePlus hands down

but if you're a camera person go with Samsung or Huawei as you'll be disappointed with OnePlus.

don't get me wrong i'm a OnePlus user myself but I've accepted the fact that camera is their weakpoint

How bad are we talking?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

py2006 wrote: »
    How bad are we talking?

Here's a good comparison video of the OnePlus 7 Pro against the P30 Pro and S10+

How long for priority shipping lads ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Nolars wrote:
    How long for priority shipping lads ?

2 days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Yakult wrote: »
    Here's a good comparison video of the OnePlus 7 Pro against the P30 Pro and S10+

That video was before the new software update and now the camera is supposed to be much improved

Is it too big for the back pocket?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

py2006 wrote: »
    Is it too big for the back pocket?

Both of he OP7 And OPP Pro are available to view in the Three stores. I looked at them a few days ago I was surprised how similar in size both were no vast difference.

I think both will fit in a pocket

Advertisement