Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OnePlus 7 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭wardie101

Hey -was anyone ok to confirm if the OP7 pro purchased from the US OP website will work on Irish networks?

Cheers

Yes I got one from US and its working perfectly on vodafone network here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Techlit

thinking of buying the 12gb/256gb version on ebay for 750 euros
    anyone know if i really need 12gb of ram ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Got the 8gb, absolutely loving it so far, came from a galaxy s8

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Isn't it 6gb when bought from Three etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭Cotts72

What way is camera and battery since updates?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

Use code ALL10EMEAINC

Techlit wrote:
    thinking of buying the 12gb/256gb version on ebay for 750 euros anyone know if i really need 12gb of ram ?

No need for 12 at all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Ordered the 7 (8/256) yesterday morning and was delivered within 24 hrs.
    Very impressive device.
    Was tempted by the pro but that pop up camera :(

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Got the 7 pro coming from a S8 plus this is a heavy phone i keep switching from each hand but worth it it's a fantastic upgrade... got a case and screen protector if anyone is interested

Ringke Fusion-X Designed for Oneplus 7 Pro Case Ergonomic Transparent [Military Drop Tested Defense] PC Back TPU Bumper Impact Resistant Protection Shock Absorption Technology Cover - Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07Q6GZXZK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_MFAjDbYCBD7CN

LK [3 Pack Screen Protector for OnePlus 7 Pro, [In-Display Fingerprint Support][Case Friendly] [Bubble Free] HD Clear Flexible TPU Film with Lifetime Replacement Warranty https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07QJBQ2N8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_AJAjDbQ75TVA5

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Techlit wrote: »
    thinking of buying the 12gb/256gb version on ebay for 750 euros
    anyone know if i really need 12gb of ram ?

Depends on how long your going to keep it for. 12GB is more than required but does future proof a phone.

I have seen some of them on Adverts.ie also with good price and receipt. I would buy one on there than Ebay just incase.

caught in two minds about the OP7 Pro v the P30 Pro,the camera in the p30 being a big draw but the screen and OS being scrutinized in some reviews. Has anyone moved from one to the other that can somewhat advise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Cotts72 wrote: »
    caught in two minds about the OP7 Pro v the P30 Pro,the camera in the p30 being a big draw but the screen and OS being scrutinized in some reviews. Has anyone moved from one to the other that can somewhat advise

I'm similar position.

I have the OnePlus 3t for past three years I'm a heavy user it's still perfect and I absolutely love it. I'm into photography big time but my Sony mirrorless camera transfers images effortlessly into its 128gb hard drive and the cloud so I'm swaying towards the OnePlus 7 pro. One thing turning me off the Huawei is the possibility of being forced to use a new operating system over Google's

My work phones have been Samsung Notes and wow up until the Note 8 they were so unreliable crashing dying etc.

Never ever had a single glitch in 3 years on the OnePlus

• Registered Users Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭John mac

anyone got a recommendation for oneplus 7 case. . was looking for otterbox type ,(emailed them but they said they dont have any info only do pro case ) .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

John mac wrote: »
    anyone got a recommendation for oneplus 7 case. . was looking for otterbox type ,(emailed them but they said they dont have any info only do pro case ) .

Spiegen on Amazon are great

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Spiegen on Amazon are great

Ordered the ringke fusion x cover over the weekend for mine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭bilbot79

I don't care how good the OP7 is I'm switching from the Chinese OP5 to HUAWEI cos I hate Trump and Britain right!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Anyone know if the version in three in dual sim unlocked or is it locked to three

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jw_sweetman

Just got my OnePlus 7 (non-pro) in the post today. Does anyone know of a good headphone jack and glass protector?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

Just got my OnePlus 7 (non-pro) in the post today. Does anyone know of a good headphone jack and glass protector?

Does it have a notification light?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jw_sweetman

xtal191 wrote: »
    Does it have a notification light?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭John mac

think glass protector is the same as 6T . must get one as the screen protector that came with it is all scratched.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Anyone know if the version in three in dual sim unlocked or is it locked to three

I'd like to know aswell
    surely its unlocked
    Oneplus don't lock their phones do they?

Also how waterproof is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭This is it

Pretty sure I read that one SIM slot is locked and the other is open, I'm not sure which provider it referred to though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭54and56

I wonder will OnePlus be doing a 7T this time and if so what additional feature would it have? I'm guessing wireless charging and/or official IP67/IP68 waterproof status.

I'll likely be in the market for a new phone this side of Xmas. Will OnePlus have launched a new model (whether 7T or 8) by then?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

54&56 wrote: »
    I wonder will OnePlus be doing a 7T this time and if so what additional feature would it have? I'm guessing wireless charging and/or official IP67/IP68 waterproof status.

I'll likely be in the market for a new phone this side of Xmas. Will OnePlus have launched a new model (whether 7T or 8) by then?
    7T a possibility tho they've launched two variants this time, so not sure of how they'll manage that in terms of stepping into the T increment.

OPO have avoided wireless charging and official waterproof status reasonably strongly thus far. I wouldnt be expecting their introduction generally and certainly not in a T variant

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

Def think there will be a 7 Pro T but no 7T, I've a feeling their plan is to only have a Pro version within the next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Anybody here get the new OxygenOS 9.5.10 build?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Anybody here get the new OxygenOS 9.5.10 build?

Installing it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Hey all looking for a 8gb 128gb pro.where would be best to buy this cheers all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭SickBoy

massy086 wrote: »
    Hey all looking for a 8gb 128gb pro.where would be best to buy this cheers all

The best place is always direct from OnePlus.

If you're in a hurry though, any 3 store should stock that model but you'll be limited to the one colour, grey (which is real nice IMO)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭irishbuzz

SickBoy wrote: »
    The best place is always direct from OnePlus.

If you're in a hurry though, any 3 store should stock that model but you'll be limited to the one colour, grey (which is real nice IMO)

3 store only have 6GB RAM models.

Advertisement