Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OnePlus 7 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,527 ✭✭✭SickBoy

irishbuzz wrote: »
    3 store only have 6GB RAM models.

For the pro?

I thought they had both the 7 and 7 Pro but only with 128gb storage...

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭irishbuzz

SickBoy wrote: »
    For the pro?

I thought they had both the 7 and 7 Pro but only with 128gb storage...

To be clear, they have:
    AFAIK They don't have either model available in higher storage or RAM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭pawrick

Is there any difference between a flashed oneplus phone and one bought from their website for use in ireland? Does a factory reset put it back to it's original Chinese set up after it's been flashed? I never had a phone flashed so I know nothing about it but I'm considering getting a oneplus 7 pro at the moment to try them out and obviously pricing around also for the best offer which seems to be flashed ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Hi looking to buy the 7 pro 8gb 256gb model.Is there any downside to buying the Chinese model.as I can buy today in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭5star02707

no downside, you can always flash the global firmware version and it'll be just like the rest.

• Advertisement

5star02707 wrote: »
    no downside, you can always flash the global firmware version and it'll be just like the rest.
    I have read online that I won't have warranty from one plus in europe.has anyone come across this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Yeah OnePlus won't deal with you unless the phone is bought from them directly

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭MickH503

Has anyone tried sending video out over the USB-C connection? Would be interested to hear if USB-C to DisplayPort specifically works. Thanks.

Pacifico wrote: »
    Yeah OnePlus won't deal with you unless the phone is bought from them directly
    that's poor form.is it also legal???

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭subscriber

Did the OP 7 receive a camera firmware update or was this just the 7 Pro? If so, can anyone shine a light on what the issues were pre + post update if applicable to the OP7?

Thanks
    In the market for one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭John mac

I got the update,(9.5.7) nothing standing out about it , but then im not counting milliseconds between before and after updates .. :)
    they improved stitching panos , auto focusing , pro mode quality ,

. its very fast to go from asleep to taking a photo, Less than 3 seconds .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

John mac wrote: »
    Just got my OnePlus 7 (non-pro) in the post today. Does anyone know of a good headphone jack and glass protector?

think glass protector is the same as 6T . must get one as the screen protector that came with it is all scratched.
    I've a three year old OP3T no screen protector ever on it and still perfect. I think if it has a good quality case and always hold it in a pocket on its own it won't get damaged. I just got the 7 pro yesterday and absolutely loving it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Just got my OnePlus 7 (non-pro) in the post today. Does anyone know of a good headphone jack and glass protector?

think glass protector is the same as 6T . must get one as the screen protector that came with it is all scratched.
    I've a three year old OP3T no screen protector ever on it and still perfect. I think if it has a good quality case and always hold it in a pocket on its own it won't get damaged. I just got the 7 pro yesterday and absolutely loving it

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭subscriber

I got the update,(9.5.7) nothing standing out about it , but then im not counting milliseconds between before and after updates .. :)
    they improved stitching panos , auto focusing , pro mode quality ,

. its very fast to go from asleep to taking a photo, Less than 3 seconds .

So what I'm talking away from this is that there weren't "problems" with the camera prior to the update, it was just that they made some improvements to features that weren't exactly living up to peoples expectations?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

There's a marked improvement in the camera alright, the foreground during auto shots has a lot more definition.
    Auto shots in general seem better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,527 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Stupid question time.
    Is there a protective film over the main camera that should be removed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

When I open the camera app it seems to freeze for a second before I can capture images. It is quite annoying tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭73bc61lyohr0mu

Anyone know if the 7 pro in Three come unlocked. My own phone is shagged and I want to get one today or tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,722 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

No 3.5mm jack? Dissapointing.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Anyone know if the 7 pro in Three come unlocked. My own phone is shagged and I want to get one today or tomorrow.

Yea they have a few unlocked phones, xiaomi are unlocked as well I think.
    No 3 software on the one plus...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

Just took off the back cover and noticed the back is all cracked no idea how it happened no major falls.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

do 3 accept the trade in deals that are being offered on the oneplus site ?

RobAMerc wrote: »
    do 3 accept the trade in deals that are being offered on the oneplus site ?

3 does not accept trade in deals that's only exclusive with OnePlus website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

The trade in prices are awful anyway

would be better to sell it privately

Oneplus 6 can still be sold for 350-400 and use that money to buy the Oneplus 7 pro

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

how long is delivery if I order from the site - today

RobAMerc wrote: »

about a week 5-7 working days

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

RobAMerc wrote:

The OnePlus site? If so mine was delivered in 2 working days, so was my mate's.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭John mac

i went for slow delivery, (free) still arrived within 3 days via DHL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

Anyone know if these guys give a vat receipt? Was gonna try to buy one through work?

Advertisement