Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

I'm only in my twenties and feel you too dubstarr, don't think it's my hearing, people just don't seem that interested in human interaction unless necessary anymore
    You're in your twenties, Dubstarr is in her fourties, I'm in my thirties so we have three different decades of ages of social awkwardness! I'm not sure what age Princess Calla is and of course I wouldn't dare guess a woman's age! :P

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

raf,750x1000,075,t,fafafa:ca443f4786.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

I'll give ye one to sort of counter the socially awkward people. I am a very outgoing person. I can walk in to a room of strangers and will know everyone within a few hours. My missus,my brothers and her brothers are the opposite. When we go somewhere I am the one expected to do all the talking and there are times where I just want to sit and be left alone but I am expected to carry the group cause if I don't no one else will and then we look like a bunch of dick's not interacting. Be nice to have the burden taken once or twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Guy Person wrote: »
    You're in your twenties, Dubstarr is in her fourties, I'm in my thirties so we have three different decades of ages of social awkwardness! I'm not sure what age Princess Calla is and of course I wouldn't dare guess a woman's age! :P

Ah I'm somewhere in there :) closer to Dub!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I saw a meme on FB about a man in a cafe with no iPad, laptop, phone, books or earphones in. "the psycho!" it said. funnyish but sadly accurate now. everyone's locked into digital worlds. Even when I was with my ex he'd be furtively typing on WhatsApp in front of me. I have no time for that.

I forget where I saw this tip but if you're very nervous, imagine the person you're talking to wearing a fluffy bunny costume.

• Advertisement

Nosnon wrote: »
    I am a very outgoing person. I can walk in to a room of strangers and will know everyone within a few hours.
    giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,490 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

For the second time in 9 hours, I caught only the last 4 minutes of the Match If The Day, last night's and then the repeat this morning. I know I could have recorded it, but still...exactly 4 minutes each time, with the same person talking!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Went to a local cafe for breakfast last month. Asked for my fried eggs to be cooked over easy and the waitress said “no problem”.
    The eggs came out perfect. Skin on top and perfectly runny in the middle.

Went back there today and asked for the same. Different waitress who said “so you want the eggs hard?” I said no and explained what over easy meant. She said ok.
    The eggs came out over hard.

Went to a local cafe for breakfast last month. Asked for my fried eggs to be cooked over easy and the waitress said “no problem”.
    The eggs came out perfect. Skin on top and perfectly runny in the middle.

Went back there today and asked for the same. Different waitress who said “so you want the eggs hard?” I said no and explained what over easy meant. She said ok.
    The eggs came out over hard.

You should have eggsplained it better.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

dubstarr wrote: »
    Im the same,i just sit like a lemon and dont know what to say.
    Hate how socially awkward I am!

I have the same problem and its nice too know I'm not alone.
    I like quiet people. They can be very thoughtful and observant. Weirdly though a TA of mine is being described as quiet. It's called listening and adding my view as and when. I've never left a conversational gap anyway. The only people who ever called me quiet turned out to be arses probably hoping for a timid woman to dominate.

I hate when people say too me "Ohhhh why are you so quiet, he's very quiet isn't he" .

• Advertisement

I have the same problem and its nice too know I'm not alone.

I hate when people say too me "Ohhhh why are you so quiet, he's very quiet isn't he" .

Empty vessels make the most noise Sephers,just show them a photo of your fiancee and they'll back off lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Maybe we should meet up and sit in awkward silence:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Empty vessels make the most noise Sephers,just show them a photo of your fiancee and they'll back off lol.
    dubstarr wrote: »
    Maybe we should meet up and sit in awkward silence:D

🤣🤣😀😀

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I forget where I saw this tip but if you're very nervous, imagine the person you're talking to wearing a fluffy bunny costume.

That wouldn't work. I'd be thinking "Watership Down"...

New Home wrote: »
    That wouldn't work. I'd be thinking "Watership Down"...

I couldn't do it because then I would think I'm at one of those furry parties!

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭radiotrickster

Washed my jeans and they went back to their pre-stretched state but they feel like they shrunk three sizes. The jeans waistband and my stomach grew out together quite a bit the last month it seems. Wish I could shrink my stomach by just giving it a wash too 😂

You know they say not to wash your jeans, put jeans in the freezer instead

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Guy Person wrote: »
    You should have eggsplained it better.

You’re coming out of your shell...

I'm outta here. You're all cracked.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,573 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I saw a meme on FB about a man in a cafe with no iPad, laptop, phone, books or earphones in. "the psycho!" it said. funnyish but sadly accurate now. everyone's locked into digital worlds. Even when I was with my ex he'd be furtively typing on WhatsApp in front of me. I have no time for that.

I switched off my phone one night and it was the worst night ! I didn't realise how much everyone is constantly on their phone, texting , googling. Every attempt at conversation involved showing something on the phone. I had to leave

• Advertisement

I'm just laying on the couch here enjoying the bantam.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,573 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

And yes my hearing was poor on one side. Ear drops fixed it .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,445 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Trigger Happy TV. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

I'm outta here. You're all cracked.

Oh, Widdershins... from the frying pan into the fire...

cjmc wrote: »

I switched off my phone one night and it was the worst night ! I didn't realise how much everyone is constantly on their phone, texting , googling. Every attempt at conversation involved showing something on the phone. I had to leave
    I don't showing something on the phone mind if they're giving an example with a photo or something. That's not sneaky, low, or excluding the person in your company.

If I have to reply to a message I'd explain it's for e.g.. my friend who is struggling with something, or it's a relative.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

I dont drink spirits or shots, but what I cant understand is. Why are 2 half ones, a double?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,822 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    I dont drink spirits or shots, but what I cant understand is. Why are 2 half ones, a double?

Way back, the standard measure was what, today, is a double.
    So what is today's single was known as a half drop.

Was physically killing myself trying to fix something earlier today and exclaimed "Fúcking Hell!" and then a voice comes from my phone, 'According to Wikipedia Fúcking Hell is a German Pilsner or pale lager with an alcohol content of 4.9%. It is named after the village of Fúcking in Austria; hell is the German word for 'pale' and a typical description of this kind of beer.'

Fúcking Hell!

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

When people don’t listen to me.

I met one of my aunts at my uncles funeral a few weeks ago. Haven’t seen her in years, and have no real interest in being close with her after she said some nasty things about me, my sister and my father after my mother (her sister) died.

At the funeral she told me she has kept all the cards from every single flower arrangement we’ve put on her grave over the past 10 years and said she’d send them to me. I asked her not to, as I really didn’t want them. They only hold painful memories for me.

They arrived in the post a few days ago. I was fit to be tied. Why can’t people just fu(king listen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,325 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When people break a device(A battery or electrical item) and they blame the device!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement