Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I lent €5 to a guy in work and still no mention of paying me back despite asking a few times

Maybe I’m the fool for being trusting in the first place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

maudgonner wrote: »
    Leo Varadkar's pre-budget comments about the first time buyers scheme:
    Apparently it's official government policy that only couples (and young couples at that) deserve to be able to buy a home. Single people can just, I dunno, squat in a hovel until they die, or something.
    I'm not looking to turn this into a debate but this week I will be moving into the apartment I recently bought by myself as a single man. I don't earn great money but I still managed to do it. It can be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

At this time of the year I let some of my vegetable and flower plants go to seed. I then collect this seed and use them next year for "free" plants.
    For some reason I just can't be arsed to do it at the moment.....

Guy Person wrote: »
    I'm not looking to turn this into a debate but this week I will be moving into the apartment I recently bought by myself as a single man. I don't earn great money but I still managed to do it. It can be done.

Congrats, hope you have many happy years there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Guy Person wrote: »

Fair play, and I know it can be done - but that's totally not the point. The point is that Leo Varadkar and his government are tone deaf to the fact that people other than couples deserve to be able to buy their own homes. It suits the government to have two-income households be the yardstick by which everything is measured, and if you're not a two-income household, then tough.

Anyway, back on topic. I'm trying to make payments to my PRSA before the tax deadline and the insurance company have been messing me around for over a month. I'm trying to give them my money, and they're making it almost impossible! What's wrong with them!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

My TA is those plastic bags that sweets are sold in, and some cereals. Unless you've a scissors to open them, you risk tearing the bag from top to almost bottom and all the contents spilling over the place, when you try to tear the bag open with your hands or even your teeth!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Up Donegal wrote: »
    My TA is those plastic bags that sweets are sold in, and some cereals. Unless you've a scissors to open them, you risk tearing the bag from top to almost bottom and all the contents spilling over the place, when you try to tear the bag open with your hands or even your teeth!!:mad:

And the 'resealable' pasta bags that come with the sticky label. Instead of using it to reseal the bag you end up using it to try and patch the massive rip all down the side of the bag :mad:

maudgonner wrote: »
    Fair play, and I know it can be done - but that's totally not the point. The point is that Leo Varadkar and his government are tone deaf to the fact that people other than couples deserve to be able to buy their own homes. It suits the government to have two-income households be the yardstick by which everything is measured, and if you're not a two-income household, then tough.
    Yeah I agree on that. It's worse than tone deaf imo, they don't care at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Seanachai

People that mumble on the phone and then get thick when you ask them to repeat themselves

TA at dog walkers who stand on one side of a path, have the dog lead extending across the middle, have the dog on the other side of the path and won't move themselves or the dog out of the way to allow other people to pass them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭GBX

School kids on public transport with no awareness of their bags bouncing off people.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

mikemac2 wrote: »
    I lent €5 to a guy in work and still no mention of paying me back despite asking a few times

Maybe I’m the fool for being trusting in the first place

It was a cheap enough lesson!

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

GBX wrote: »
    School kids on public transport with no awareness of their bags bouncing off people.

People (usually tourists) who wear their backpacks in busy pubs. Take it off ffs nobody wants to run away with your hiking boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I've two related ones.

I asked for a white chocolate éclair but the guy gave me a regular éclair and I didn't notice until I opened the box. Such a 1st world problem - I got the wrong sort of chocolate on my cream bun! My browser even puts the accent on the e for me.....

While eating it a bit of chocolate fell on my office chair. I didn't want chocolate on the back of my pants, so I stood up to look for it. I couldn't find it but brushed off the chair anyway. Somehow still ended up with chocolate on my pants!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Your Face wrote: »
    The wind is being unpredictable today.

Did you have beans for lunch?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,730 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

The amount of lads sitting down as pregnant women stand in a waiting room of the hospital, totally unaware (you’d hope), that they’re being selfish assholes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭gifted

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    The amount of lads sitting down as pregnant women stand in a waiting room of the hospital, totally unaware (you’d hope), that they’re being selfish assholes.

Be half afraid nowadays to offer a seat to a woman in case you'd be called a sexist pig....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,730 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

gifted wrote: »
    Be half afraid nowadays to offer a seat to a woman in case you'd be called a sexist pig....

Just don’t call her sweetheart when you offer her your seat

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Got blinds for the windows last year.We have had a problem for months and finally they came out to day.The minute he walked in,it was all attitude.Didnt even look at the blinds before he said we had them over a year.

JUst a bad attitude,he will ring me tomorrow about getting them fixed.So annoyed with them.When they are fixed im going on SM and lashing out their customer service.Or lack of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

gifted wrote:

Hey there's no need for that kind of talk now. Get the hell out of here you misogynist!!! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭gifted

Just don’t call her sweetheart when you offer her your seat

Any man that calls a woman sweetheart deserves a slap never mind been called a sexist pig lol lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Diesel going up in the budget. Expected yes, but still annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I pulled up a dickhead up on that a few years in a maternity clinic. Waiting with pregnant wife and this dickhead was actually slouched across two seats and a pregnant women came in. He didnt even look up but he knew well she was standing there.

After a minute or so, I tapped him on the shoulder and signaled for him to move his ass. He did reluctantly.

I am more annoyed that nobody else would have said anything if was not there.

Why did you not say anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I pulled an dickhead up on that a few years in a maternity clinic. Waiting with pregnant wife and this dickhead was actually slouched across two seats and a pregnant women came in. He didnt even look up but he knew well she was standing there.

After a minute or so, I tapped him on the shoulder and signaled for him to move his ass. He did reluctantly.

I am more annoyed that nobody else would have said anything if was not there.

Every so often the nurses in the Coombe clinic come out and announce that any man sitting should stand up and allow their patients sit .I have actually seen women in early pregnancy stand for women who are further on before some men stood

gifted wrote: »

Just offer the seat anyway as most women appreciate it and those who dont can lump it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Just offer the seat anyway as most women appreciate it and those who dont can lump it

I am happy to offer a seat to an elderly person, pregnant lady, disabled or maybe an harassed mother with shopping and kids hanging off her but that is it.

Like foook I am offering up a seat to a women just because she is a woman. Why should I?

I am happy to offer a seat to an elderly person, pregnant lady, disabled or maybe an harassed mother with shopping and kids hanging off her but that is it.

Like foook I am offering up a seat to a women just because she is a woman. Why should I?

The poster I answered was discussing a post about pregnant women

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Every so often the nurses in the Coombe clinic come out and announce that any man sitting should stand up and allow their patients sit .I have actually seen women in early pregnancy stand for women who are further on before some men stood

When i was in the Rotunda the nurses used to do this.Isnt it awful people have to be shamed in giving up their seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Childproof packaging that is also Rubberlegs proof :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Did you have beans for lunch?
    Did you?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement