Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Had to reschedule an early morning meeting today, not for the 1st time, because someone made me late again. I hate it and it gives me anxiety...if I had to do it again I'd be too mortified to ring them and make more excuses...not goosd I know. But they were lovely about it. TA people being inconsiderate with time.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,859 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Irish Rail wifi.
    I think they'd piss people off less if they just said that they don't have wifi!

Trying to peel a turnip !

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

Irish Rail wifi.
    I think they'd piss people off less if they just said that they don't have wifi!

Same at McDonald's. Doesn't work - don't bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

Irish Rail wifi.

this drives me mad.... and then they cut u off after about 40 mins. waste of time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,859 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Irish Rail toilets perpetually stink of piss.
    Dryer not working, either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

That pain in my gum is back again, but now it’s worse and hurts when I swallow as well (???)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,662 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I love getting that email! I don’t check the winnings for hours, maybe a day , kinda savor it and play over all the scenarios in my head of my huge windfall ......then I find I won €3.50 :D,:D

Mind you recently I won €25 one week and €55 the next week so I was delighted !
    All the mail said I'd won a prize. Had to log in to find out it was 5.90.
    Those 90 seconds logging in were but exhilarating and terrifying. What if its 190 million? Alas

• Registered Users Posts: 13,662 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Interview with the Japanese captain in the rugby.
    Big white dude with a south African accent.

Pervy old gits with no concept of boundaries. OH, normally cool as a cucumber, told him to put his tongue back in his mouth or he'll...better not finish that sentence here...!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Everyone thinks an empty petrol barrel is safer than a full one when it's actually more dangerous as it could be full of fumes.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,427 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

96168352-2-B3-C-457-C-922-F-0707-E6-E4-FD2-C.jpg

TURN
    RIGHT
    NO

LANE
    IN
    STAY

Does my head in.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    96168352-2-B3-C-457-C-922-F-0707-E6-E4-FD2-C.jpg

TURN
    RIGHT
    NO

LANE
    IN
    STAY

Does my head in.
    Slow
    Very
    Go

Just a bit TA with my friend . I love him dearly but the ingrained misogyny is embarrassing. If a woman's general behaviour is disagreeable he calls her a slag. Why use a sexual derogatory term....

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Hate how socially awkward I am!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

I feel your pain PD!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

We all are, P. Some people just hide it better.

WISH-Letterkenny.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Im the same,i just sit like a lemon and dont know what to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭4Ad

The new Sky Go app...hate it...
    Why couldn't ye leave it !

1.59 Mbps download internet speed, and I'm paying for this !!
    New service provider connecting me on Tuesday, so hopefully no more buffering.

I like quiet people. They can be very thoughtful and observant. Weirdly though a TA of mine is being described as quiet. It's called listening and adding my view as and when. I've never left a conversational gap anyway. The only people who ever called me quiet turned out to be arses probably hoping for a timid woman to dominate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

That peeling a feckin boiled egg can cause such injury

• Registered Users Posts: 13,528 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

We all are, P. Some people just hide it better.

Speak for yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Speak for yourself!

You may well be the life and soul of all parties, I don't know.

TA people lacking in tact.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,891 ✭✭✭gifted

dubstarr wrote: »
    Im the same,i just sit like a lemon and dont know what to say.

Late 40's now and I used be like that.....now I don't give a good ****e....if I want to stay quiet I stay quiet...something to say I'll just say it......it's brilliant...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,127 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Just a bit TA with my friend . I love him dearly but the ingrained misogyny is embarrassing. If a woman's general behaviour is disagreeable he calls her a slag. Why use a sexual derogatory term....

Tell him

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

gifted wrote: »
    Late 40's now and I used be like that.....now I don't give a good ****e....if I want to stay quiet I stay quiet...something to say I'll just say it......it's brilliant...

Im late 40s as well.My problem is everyone else seems to find someone to talk too.Whereas i sit on my own.

iamwhoiam wrote: »

Tell him

I'm going to. I'll give him a chance to breath after the chat about holding doors open specifically for women. He's unusual...he can rethink his beliefs and attitudes and take other people's points on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,842 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Im late 40s as well.My problem is everyone else seems to find someone to talk too.Whereas i sit on my own.

I'm like that too :)

Do you think it's your hearing? I ask because I've recently, as in the last few years, have lost a fair percentage of my hearing which makes pubs etc way too much hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,765 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Guinness. The new 4 pack wrapper. They’ve changed from the tight plastic wrap to shjtty cardboard. Apart from advertising the Guinness logo etc, the wrapper has one job......to hold the fcuking cans in place. IT DOSENT HOLD THE CANS IN PLACE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

I'm only in my twenties and feel you too dubstarr, don't think it's my hearing, people just don't seem that interested in human interaction unless necessary anymore

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement