Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    The amount of lads sitting down as pregnant women stand in a waiting room of the hospital, totally unaware (you’d hope), that they’re being selfish assholes.

When I was pregnant, in a maternity hospital I went to sit down in the waiting room beside a man, he told me I couldn't sit there as he was saving the spot for his wife!!!

I also got pushed out of the way when a free seat became available on the dart... Yeah cool no one noticed the 8 month pregnant woman to give up their seat but getting pushed out of the way when one of the seats became available was the icing on the cake!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Guy Person wrote: »
    This week I will be moving into the apartment I recently bought by myself.
    TA that the moving in date has been pushed back again. :mad:
    I was supposed to move into this apartment 6 weeks ago after a very annoying and stressful mortgage process. I loathe bankers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Holes in my gardening gloves. I now have a load of muck under my nails. Now that's a TA.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,529 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

TA that the moving in date has been pushed back again. :mad:
    I was supposed to move into this apartment 6 weeks ago after a very annoying and stressful mortgage process. I loathe bankers.

Is it the bankers or the solicitors dragging their heels?

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Am on payg unlimited data, calls,texts , but for some strange reason today I have data only and that's it !! Wtf ?! Only noticed it about an hour ago .

• Advertisement

Is it the bankers or the solicitors dragging their heels?
    Both but more the bankers. If I didn't chase things up I don't think they would tell me anything. It's like they don't understand that they don't make money off me until I am moved in.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Am on payg unlimited data, calls,texts , but for some strange reason today I have data only and that's it !! Wtf ?! Only noticed it about an hour ago .

Let me guess.... Vodafone? :rolleyes::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

New Home wrote: »
    Let me guess.... Vodafone? :rolleyes::mad::mad::mad:

I switched from them last year NH tbh , they were abysmal . It's Eir , all grand , just monthly plan was up , three days before it's due to be out !
    Which I got no text reminder of , and when I asked the Eir assistant how I still could use the internet on the phone she said that often happens .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,370 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Both but more the bankers. If I didn't chase things up I don't think they would tell me anything. It's like they don't understand that they don't make money off me until I am moved in.
    I remember that saga, it's like you're doing them a massive favour paying an extortionate interest rate for the pleasure of borrowing money from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Im dying for a beer,no spare cash till Friday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,383 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I deleted an app on my phone and its moved everything :( pain searching for things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Vesta31

I want to eat all of the food, drink all of the drink, do all of the things I shouldn't do. Buy all of the things. Being a child in a woman body with access to a bank account is hard :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,383 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Vesta31 wrote: »
    I want to eat all of the food, drink all of the drink, do all of the things I shouldn't do. Buy all of the things. Being a child in a woman body with access to a bank account is hard :p

What you need Vesta is company for doing that .
    I'm free Saturday after getting back from the UK cashing in my lottery ticket :)

cjmc wrote: »
    What you need Vesta is company for doing that .
    I'm free Saturday after getting back from the UK cashing in my lottery ticket :)

A partner in crime who has just won the lotto? What could go wrong, hell to the yes ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

TA that River Island are now charging for click and collect. €1.25 the scoundrels.
    Still, I got a nice looking shirt reduced from
    45 to 18 and there were only 2 left.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

"reclaiming" negative terms. Ok I see the point with terms like "queer". Other terms, people realise they are accurate and true but instead of working on their flaw, developing themselves in a positive way, they think it's a badge of honour. "Pervert" is a big one. Ive used it jokingly but sometimes its needed in its iriginal meaning when someone's going too far and its not welcome. So we have sex pest cheating louses and general d1ckheads running around like scourges but thinking they're rebels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

The trend nowadays in the charts of female singers sounding like cartoon characters or something. It's hard to explain the sound I'm on about but even a two year old child wouldn't sound as squeaky.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The trend nowadays in the charts of female singers sounding like cartoon characters or something. It's hard to explain the sound I'm on about but even a two year old child wouldn't sound as squeaky.

The trend of not being able to finish a line when writing a song and replacing where words should be with 'la la la'
    Seriously, how many songs in the charts at the moment have la la la instead of lyrics at the moment?

Also, damn my kids to hell for making me listen to chart music in the mornings.

Maybe not to hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

"reclaiming" negative terms. Ok I see the point with terms like "queer". Other terms, people realise they are accurate and true but instead of working on their flaw, developing themselves in a positive way, they think it's a badge of honour. "Pervert" is a big one. Ive used it jokingly but sometimes its needed in its iriginal meaning when someone's going too far and its not welcome. So we have sex pest cheating louses and general d1ckheads running around like scourges but thinking they're rebels.

I hate it when someone who has an intellectual disability or mental health issues is referred to as being 'Retarded'. I think it's a disgusting term to use when referring to anyone.

Up Donegal I'm 100% with you on that one. I don't think there's any excuse for that kind of ignorance.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Why has cloudflare blocked me? :(

Up Donegal wrote: »
    I hate it when someone who has an intellectual disability or mental health issues is referred to as being 'Retarded'. I think it's a disgusting term to use when referring to anyone.

You see it used on here on an almost daily basis. Rarely gets addressed by the mods. Why it hasn’t been added to the “censored” words list is beyond me.

The tide is turning…

Up Donegal I'm 100% with you on that one. I don't think there's any excuse for that kind of ignorance.

And the sad thing is that I've heard a priest and a retired teacher refer openly to people as 'retards' or being 'retarded'. Thankfully, both were checked for using the term.

It annoys me when loads of parking space is blocked off by those who park their vehicles along the outside leaving it impossible to park at the back.

You hear a song on the radio that you like and you wait until the end hoping that the D.J. will say who the artist is, and instead, the ads come on or the D.J. goes on to the next song. :confused:

You hear a song on the radio that you like and you wait until the end hoping that the D.J. will say who the artist is, and instead, the ads come on or the D.J. goes on to the next song. :confused:

As a previous user suggested, for a similar situation, download the app “Shazam”.

The tide is turning…

And the sad thing is that I've heard a priest and a retired teacher refer openly to people as 'retards' or being 'retarded'. Thankfully, both were checked for using the term.

A retiring bishop once called the children of a special needs class at a local school "these sub humans" during a school concert speech. Everyone was too stunned to react apparently. I don't know if he had dementia or something.

why has cloudflare blocked me too? I feel for you Newie! I'm trying to reply to my love letters :P

Vesta31 wrote: »
    why has cloudflare blocked me too? I feel for you Newie! I'm trying to reply to my love letters :P
    Say no more Vesta. I will PM you a love letter to hold you over until you can get back into cloudfare. ;)

• Advertisement

Say no more Vesta. I will PM you a love letter to hold you over until you can get back into cloudfare. ;)

I'm waiting :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement