Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Obviously we could point out the irony of Paddy berating the intellectual capabilities of readers of a particular newspaper, and the fact that it was the exact same newspaper Bailey chose to gift her interview to, but I think it would be losty on him.

Hahaha. "Gifted her interview"

Some flute of an intern being told to stand outside the Wishing Well pub on a cold weekday morning to try and fill up a few pages. Marie Bailey spoke two sentences to them on the way in.

Gifted an interview. Genuine lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I see lostys no better at sarcasm detection than he is at the parodic routine.

Definitely a bang of a certain Harry Enfield character off the act at this point.

enfield_3388479b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭jmreire

Yet you were on here saying it would be forgotten by the Summer recess.

Yes he did say that OK. but he forgot to mention WHICH year summer recess....:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

blanch152 wrote: »
    Good to see at least one poster living up(!) to their username.

Quality debate Blanch, good man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Good to see at least one poster living up(!) to their username.

You must not be familiar with the musings Paddy and his chums engage in involving the most basic of human functions.
    Anything worthwhile to contribute yourself, other than a pathetic ( no surprise there) insult?

• Advertisement

On that, I know he (Blanch) said that he did comment in the thread when "it was news" here.
    I did post in this thread early in the day when it was news, was surprised to see it pop up on the first page, clicked in and saw the flogging of old news packaged up. Was no longer surprised.

Problem is, I've searched all his posts for his comments on the thread title, and you know what,? It's mad altogether, because i couldn't find a single comment relating to the actual thread title at all.

There's lots of poster characterisation, deflection, whatabouts galore and sinn Fein even got a mention (surprise surprise)

But nothing on Maria Bailey, with a little help from Josepha Madigan trying to extort cash from a Dublin based business under what many people view as a fairly dodgy insurance claim.

Perhaps if she had of shown up in court but left before the hearingt/had a loaf of bread on her head, or even tried to snap off a clamp we would have known his thoughts, but alas we can now only but wonder.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

The fact is that Maria was yet again on a front page yesterday as people passed the newspaper stands. That has to be a worry for the Insurance Fraud Party. If she runs again, it will be very damaging for the whole party. Constant reminders and a media frenzy. I am sure Farrell and Madigan will be monitored closely too during the election canvassing. Interesting times ahead, I cant wait! :)

The fact is that Maria was yet again on a front page yesterday as people passed the newspaper stands. That has to be a worry for the Insurance Fraud Party. If she runs again, it will be very damaging for the whole party. Constant reminders and a media frenzy. I am sure Farrell and Madigan will be monitored closely too during the election canvassing. Interesting times ahead, I cant wait! :)

This will bring on ( and has already ) the question of why are they even on the ticket?? WHY?? What kind of machination's are going on out of sight? A bit like the paddling duck, all calm on the surface, but paddling like hell underneath..
    And after the next election, and IF ( I say IF because the Irish Voters are notoriously fickle when it comes to an election, just see resurrection of FF ) FG take a trouncing, and in the inevitable post-mortem in such a case. how much of the blame will attach to Swing gate???:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

On that, I know he (Blanch) said that he did comment in the thread when "it was news" here.

Problem is, I've searched all his posts for his comments on the thread title, and you know what,? It's mad altogether, because i couldn't find a single comment relating to the actual thread title at all.

There's lots of poster characterisation, deflection, whatabouts galore and sinn Fein even got a mention (surprise surprise)

I'm just surprised he didn't manage to shoehorn Michael D.Higgins into the thread given he thinks Higgins is a "danger to humanity" and Maria Bailey said that humanity has been crossed.

Plot twist- Maria Bailey got pushed off the swing by Michael D.Higgins during one of his regular acts of being a danger to humanity. Censure of Higgins by the UN High Commission on Human Rights is to follow

• Registered Users Posts: 27,248 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

You must not be familiar with the musings Paddy and his chums engage in involving the most basic of human functions.
    Anything worthwhile to contribute yourself, other than a pathetic ( no surprise there) insult?

But nothing on Maria Bailey, with a little help from Josepha Madigan trying to extort cash from a Dublin based business under what many people view as a fairly dodgy insurance claim.

Perhaps if she had of shown up in court but left before the hearingt/had a loaf of bread on her head, or even tried to snap off a clamp we would have known his thoughts, but alas we can now only but wonder.
    Muahahaha wrote: »
    I'm just surprised he didn't manage to shoehorn Michael D.Higgins into the thread given he thinks Higgins is a "danger to humanity" and Maria Bailey said that humanity has been crossed.

Plot twist- Maria Bailey got pushed off the swing by Michael D.Higgins during one of his regular acts of being a danger to humanity. Censure of Higgins by the UN High Commission on Human Rights is to follow

Look at yourselves, running out of excuses to keep the thread going, so take a pop at me. Don’t worry, I am laughing, comedy gold again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

Baileygate will remain topical as long as people have difficulties in renewing insurance cover

Look at yourselves, running out of excuses to keep the thread going, so take a pop at me. Don’t worry, I am laughing, comedy gold again.

Taking a pop at you?your one reply to me was a pathetic insult. You have added not to the thread other than deflection and personal attack on other posters. If you think this thread and the comments are comedy gold you must have an incredibly juvenile sense of humour.

nuac wrote: »
    Baileygate will remain topical as long as people have difficulties in renewing insurance cover

Nuac, if all the insurance policy's became due on the same date ( or even in the same week or month) the water protest's would pale into significance...but even staggered as they are, they are still a very sore point with motorists..not to mention all the businesses closing down, solely because of impossible insurance costs. There is a slow but massive ground swell of anger out there, and all due to being ripped off by the insurance company's.

Poor blanch, how dare posters call him out on his selective condemnation of Irish politicians and what shenanigans they get up to.

Yes you've made comments on the thread, but quite what your thoughts are on the FG party allowing itself to be embroiled in several insurance claim dodgy claims are, as yet no one knows, as you've still only used the thread to "take pots" at other posters, yet commented fcuk all on the topic at hand.

You couldn't help yourself rowing in behind your fellow amigo's, no more than a dog could keep itself from wagging it's tail when it sees it's master.

Poor blanch, how dare posters call him out on his selective condemnation of Irish politicians and what shenanigans they get up to.

Yes you've made comments on the thread, but quite what your thoughts are on the FG party allowing itself to be embroiled in several insurance claim dodgy claims are, as yet no one knows, as you've still only used the thread to "take pots" at other posters, yet commented fcuk all on the topic at hand.

You couldn't help yourself rowing in behind your fellow amigo's, no more than a dog could keep itself from wagging it's tail when it sees it's master.

Hard to take the thread seriously when the OP fills it with funny gifs and pics.

Hard to take the thread seriously when the OP fills it with funny gifs and pics.

Still nothing to contribute to what is the subject matter if the thread I see. Why even bother taking the time to write and post vacuous nonsense, I find that quite sad tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Still nothing to contribute to what is the subject matter if the thread I see. Why even bother taking the time to write and post vacuous nonsense, I find that quite sad tbh.

Not much more to say to be fair to the chap ptd. If ever a horse was truly flogged it's this one.

Not much more to say to be fair to the chap ptd. If ever a horse was truly flogged it's this one.

To use an expression, it's the gift that keeps on giving. As I said earlier , story broke in May and here we are Bailey's attempted fraud still being discussed in the papers. Fully expect a strategic leak closer to the GE just as Bailey made the papers prior to the local elections, when max damage can be inflicted.
    Far better for you and the other lads to deal with the comments and leave the personal stuff out of it. Keeps things civil nes pàs?

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭mike_cork

Your schtick has grown beyond tiresome .

Firstly, threads that I find hard to take seriously - I tend to just not bother my hole posting in them (like scat threads) as opposed to taking pot shots at those who are contributing to it.

Secondly, we still haven't heard your opinion on Bailey's apparent extortion attempt, strange that, , can't understand your reluctance to voice your opinion on it either way (you being a green and all)

Lastly, can you please link to what funny GIFs or pics the OP posted in the thread, and what relevance they would have on the subject regardless?

Out in the headlights blanch, even the amigo's acknowledge bailey dropped the ball on this one.

Go greens.

• Advertisement

Firstly, threads that I find hard to take seriously - I tend to just not bother my hole posting in them (like scat threads) as opposed to taking pot shots at those who are contributing to it.

Secondly, we still haven't heard your opinion on Bailey's apparent extortion attempt, strange that, , can't understand your reluctance to voice your opinion on it either way (you being a green and all)

Lastly, can you please link to what funny GIFs or pics the OP posted in the thread, and what relevance they would have on the subject regardless?

Out in the headlights blanch, even the amigo's acknowledge bailey dropped the ball on this one.

Go greens.

Apologies to the OP.

Given your ubiquitous posting on this thread, I had thought you were the OP.

Ah well, never mind, I think that is the second time in a week I have to admit to being wrong.

On the subject of the thread, the only place I ever read about it is here on this thread, and it is easier to make sense of the cackling of geese than to sift through the faux outrage and find the small kernels of truth on here. Geese are funny as well though.

You do know I am not required to have an opinion on everything?

Indeed - I remember the last time you refused failed to have an opinion on something, it was when the FG TD went on the rampage with the broken bottle, bit of a pattern emerging perhaps?

933411dd-5bc7-4989-a4af-99d2d60edc14.jpg

Apologies to the OP.

Ah well, never mind, I think that is the second time in a week I have to admit to being wrong.

On the subject of the thread, the only place I ever read about it is here on this thread, and it is easier to make sense of the cackling of geese than to sift through the faux outrage and find the small kernels of truth on here. Geese are funny as well though.

You certainly have an opinion on this thread. Only coming on to ridicule people for taking part says everything. You won't comment on the subject but will comment on the people engaging on topic. It seems when ever there is genuine criticism of the governing party you swoop in like the Green Lantern.

Apologies to the OP.

You do seem to have an opinion on other posters and enthusiastic about sharing it.
    Amazing despite the coverage in the media both print and television/radio and the public dressing down Bailey got you only are familiar with the from what you gleamed here. Now that is funny.

You do seem to have an opinion on other posters and enthusiastic about sharing it.
    Amazing despite the coverage in the media both print and television/radio and the public dressing down Bailey got you only are familiar with the from what you gleamed here. Now that is funny.

#Ibelieveher

You certainly have an opinion on this thread. Only coming on to ridicule people for taking part says everything. You won't comment on the subject but will comment on the people engaging on topic. It seems when ever there is genuine criticism of the governing party you swoop in like the Green Lantern.

Glad to see my opinion is so valued that the thread seems bare without it.

Haven't you more to be worrying about than what my opinion of Mary Bailey is?

#Ibelieveher

#metoo

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Got my car insurance renewal today. Up by 17% :(

Glad to see my opinion is so valued that the thread seems bare without it.

Haven't you more to be worrying about than what my opinion of Mary Bailey is?

Why are you commenting completely around and off the topic of Maria Bailey in a Maria Bailey thread?

• Advertisement

Why are you commenting completely around and off the topic of Maria Bailey in a Maria Bailey thread?

Why does it upset you so much?

The thread is full of diversions and silly pictures and gifs from the very start to the extent that less than half of the posts are directly relevant to Bailey. That gives plenty of room for responding to them without having to talk about Bailey.

It was the fourth post when Alan Farrell was brought into it. The 13th post saw the first personal insult of her, the 15th called for a noose for her, c-word was used in the 18th post, there were humourous posts by then etc. so sorry if I don't meet the early high quality debate standards of the thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement