Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,121 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I'd say the party are hoping that by the time the next GE comes around, most people will have forgotten about the 'incident'.

And you can be sure they will tell her to keep a low profile, and stay off the national media.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

NIMAN wrote: »
    I'd say the party are hoping that by the time the next GE comes around, most people will have forgotten about the 'incident'.

I'd say the exact opposite will happen.

The CCTV footage will probably be strategically leaked in the election campaign, and I fully expect more information on Josepha Madigans role in the stroke being revealed, shining a light on the pair of them, and a castrated Leo, who tried to bury the report.

The election campaign will be extremely interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,455 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

NIMAN wrote: »

And you can be sure they will tell her to keep a low profile, and stay off the national media.
    Will it work though ?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

capefear wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/paddymacc1/status/1177825046276038656?s=21

She is going to try and brazen this out but surely she can’t get voted back in after what she tried to do?
    October coffee mornings are usually in aid of breast cancer.

https://www.cancer.ie/cupsagainstbreastcancer/get-involved-in-cups-against-breast-cancer#sthash.XfcrYW1J.dpbs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

She is back tweeting the last couple of days. Interestingly it's coinciding with lower activity on this thread and a falling from the headlines. Also she has showed an astounding lack of self awareness with the tweet and left herself once again open to ridicule.

Her activity on Twitter and reappearance at public meetings are leading me to believe she has received assurance she is on the ticket. It truly will prove to be a spectacular miscalculation from FG. They are orchestrating their own downfall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

She is going to try and brazen this out but surely she can’t get voted back in after what she tried to do?

And I thought UK politics was a joke, especially after this week.

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    She is back tweeting the last couple of days. Interestingly it's coinciding with lower activity on this thread and a falling from the headlines. Also she has showed an astounding lack of self awareness with the tweet and left herself once again open to ridicule.

https://twitter.com/MariaBaileyFG/status/1177112169055473666?s=09

Her activity on Twitter and reappearance at public meetings are leading me to believe she has received assurance she is on the ticket. It truly will prove to be a spectacular miscalculation from FG. They are orchestrating their own downfall.

Maria appears to be holding all the cards, I've a feeling she knows she'll be on the ticket, because she's made it clear that if she's going down, there'll be more going down with her.

Only logical explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Might go along and ask her about the offside rule in Gaelic, I need it explained to me

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Might go along and ask her about the offside rule in Gaelic, I need it explained to me

I might pop along and ask her if she was holding a drink in each hand while trying to sit on a swing, or was she still of the opinion that only a judge could adjudicate on that question.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,704 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

I might pop along and ask her if she was holding a drink in each hand while trying to sit on a swing, or was she still of the opinion that only a judge could adjudicate on that question.

Yeah, do that John.

It'll do you good to get away from this thread for a couple of hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,577 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Maria appears to be holding all the cards, I've a feeling she knows she'll be on the ticket, because she's made it clear that if she's going down, there'll be more going down with her.

Only logical explanation.

Big car crash approaching. FG are losing the run of themselves if she is allowed stand.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Oh I hope she does stand. It will be fascinating to watch!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Will she be able to keep her balance though? :-))

Same here because Maria running has serious potential to be a car crash of an election campaign by FG. The 2016 election was a disaster for FG when Enda Kennys face was hanging from every lampost telling people to 'Keep the Recovery Going' while the entire nation was like 'eh, what recovery?'. Maria running in this election should even out do that own goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

"I'm the victim here Sean"

Just to keep in context the mentality of the lady.

Of course she is going to brazen it out.
    Of course she has got the keys to enough skeleton closets in the FG ranks to pressure someone as "squeaky clean" as Leo into inactivity.

Leo has two options, keep schtumm in order to maintain and operate government (at a fairly crucial juncture with all the chaos across the waters) thus allowing Maria the opportunity she needs to face the judgement of her electorate.

Or

Pull the pin on an absolute hand-grenade and chuck it into the cabinet. We don't currently know (but strongly suspect) that there are at least one other sitting TD that would be brought down by the whole truth. If it comes to a cage fight, they have affirmed that they will fight dirty, thereby taking the dirty laundry of every FG TD and Council member and throwing it all over the front pages.

This at a time when stability and credibility are the only things keeping our EU partners satisfied that the good ship Ireland is making headway.

He has made the smart play for the nation in my opinion. The optics aren't great for him as a leader, nor for FG as a party, but once the current brexit crap has run its course and there is a direction out of that, he may have a better opportunity to get the dagging shears out and clean up his front yard without the neighbors using it against him and against us as a nation.

I think he has been outflanked by cute-hoorism at its worst for now, but if he gets the nation through the brexit crisis intact and keeps our alignment and relationships with Brussels and Westminster in good stead, he will get the space he needs to fix the old guard when the time comes.

Time will tell.

"I'm the victim here Sean"

https://twitter.com/RichieMcCormack/status/1133023449302142976?s=19

Sean Sean Sean Sean Sean Sean Sean Sean Sean Sean Sean Sean Sean Sean Sean Sean Sean Sean Sean Sean Sean Sean Sean SeanSean Sean Sean Sean Sean Sean Sean Sean Sean Sean Sean Sean Sean Sean Sean Sean Sean Sean Sean Sean Sean Sean Sean Sean Sean Sean Sean Sean Sean Sean Sean Sean Sean Sean Sean Sean

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Go out and enjoy your Sunday and stop obsessing about Maria Bailey. Real Barry George vibe off your posts.

Go out and enjoy your Sunday and stop obsessing about Maria Bailey. Real Barry George vibe off your posts.

I am enjoying my Sunday, I'm reading the Sunday papers, and enjoying what I'm reading immensely.

Thousands desert Fine Gael, as nearly a decade in power takes its toll
    Hundreds of activists have been lost in its traditional heartlands in rural Ireland such as Galway, Meath, Mayo and Kerry. This stands in sharp contrast to Dublin where the party's support appears to have held relatively steady in recent years.

How many of them are enjoying scat threads in Shanghai I wonder....

You think I'm enjoying it now, wait until the proper tail spin begins.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,843 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

shes hosting a morning coffee? I hope someone tells her to let it cool down a bit before starting to drink it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

Real Barry George vibe off your posts.

I hope it's not this man you are referring to...He'll sue you quicker than Gemma O'D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Just remember Paddy, MB gave the interview. Johnny is only uploading what is out there.

And now she’s hosting a coffee morning, you going? Good luck with that.

I hope it's not this man you are referring to...He'll sue you quicker than Gemma O'D.

Have to admit, I had to Google the fella as i wasn't entirely familiar with the name initially, I see he's a bit of a Walter Mitty character, so I can see why losty was. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,238 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Just remember Paddy, MB gave the interview. Johnny is only uploading what is out there.

And now she’s hosting a coffee morning, you going? Good luck with that.

To be fair, Johnny is a closet green, everything he posts has been recycled at least five times.

blanch152 wrote: »
    To be fair, Johnny is a closet green, everything he posts has been recycled at least five times.

Unfortunate choice of words blanch, especially for you - the resident Green who never seems to support any of their policies, especially those that are directly opposing FG ones oddly enough.

It is nice to see that you're lurking in this thread, forced to remain silent because Maria's, Josepha and Leo's actions cannot be defended by the usual govt spinbots in here.

You're the boards.ie version of a pantomime dame.

3-A3-C90-ED00000578-3925808-image-a-33-1478822782716.jpg

Unfortunate choice of words blanch, especially for you - the resident Green who never seems to support any of their policies, especially those that are directly opposing FG ones oddly enough.

It is nice to see that you're lurking in this thread, forced to remain silent because Maria's, Josepha and Leo's actions cannot be defended by the usual govt spinbots in here.

You're the boards.ie version of a pantomime dame.

3-A3-C90-ED00000578-3925808-image-a-33-1478822782716.jpg

Great to see you've got some new comedy material. I had thought you'd have recycled again that old picture of kids at a computer.

If I am the pantomime dame, you are more of the slapstick circus clown, all tired old routines with nothing of substance or seriousness to say.

I did post in this thread early in the day when it was news, was surprised to see it pop up on the first page, clicked in and saw the flogging of old news packaged up. Was no longer surprised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Great to see you've got some new comedy material. I had thought you'd have recycled again that old picture of kids at a computer.

If I am the pantomime dame, you are more of the slapstick circus clown, all tired old routines with nothing of substance or seriousness to say.

I did post in this thread early in the day when it was news, was surprised to see it pop up on the first page, clicked in and saw the flogging of old news packaged up. Was no longer surprised.

Man they must be stuck to be sending in the old guard to spin off topic. The new lads aren't much cop but Pintsman comes in every few days to say same.

Can you answer me this: Why do you feel the need to come into this thread to knock us for posting in it? What's your interest?

Man they must be stuck to be sending in the old guard to spin off topic. The new lads aren't much cop but Pintsman comes in every few days to say same.

Can you answer me this: Why do you feel the need to come into this thread to knock us for posting in it? What's your interest?

I loved Jack Lemmon and Walter Matthau in Grumpy Old Men, this is the closest thing I can find to it, even if the humour in here is repetitive and derivative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I loved Jack Lemmon and Walter Matthau in Grumpy Old Men, this is the closest thing I can find to it, even if the humour in here is repetitive and derivative.

Well then you'd want it to continue so?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

• Advertisement

The brazen neck on her, she has no intention to go quietly because thats 'her' seat. FG leadership are going to have to wield the axe but Leo doesnt have the balls to do it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement