Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Just over a week to go til October and Maria's fraudulent stroke, Josepha's role, and Leo's and therefore the whole FG party's lack of action on a card carrying TD trying to extort money from a business is still making front-page news.

The three amigo's claims that the story was finished/nothing - ultimately a dead horse that has been flogged, dragged to China and back, and flogged some more.

Your man that owns the Dean was on the wireless yesterday, oh please let it be that this is but a softener for the CCTV to make its way into the public realm.

Huey, Louie and Dewie will have a collective conniption. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,843 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Politics here is truly bizarre. A booming economy , yet fg won’t solve any problems , not because they won’t get seriously stuck in and do what they said they would to reform everything before the election after the meltdown, was that 2011?

They are actually prepared to lose power , because they won’t even tinker with issues! Are they afraid someone will be offended ?

You can’t solve issue by doing nothing , it’s so bizarre , do fg even buy their own **** or do they stand in a room laughing at all the idiots who vote for them , while they do nothing ?!

Anyone who has dean hotel footage. Release it several days before the election. The footage was probably sold to ff or the indo have it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

FF now the most popular party in the country on 29 percent while FG are on 26 percent, according to the latest opinion poll. Well done FG on making FF electable again.

FF now the most popular party in the country on 29 percent while FG are on 26 percent, according to the latest opinion poll. Well done FG on making FF electable again.

Fg continue to support welfare increases while giving nothing back to those they claim to represent and paying for everything In this kip. See you at the polls varadkar!

I’d say a lot of that vote loss is down to abandoning the taxpAyer. Absolute idiots , they should have continued on with increasing threshold to marginal rate. Stop removing people from tax net. Minimal welfare increases. They are sending out a bloody stupid message and possibly prepared to lose being the largest party over several hundred million. Several hundred million! Sometimes it’s the message you send thAts important ! That’s an example of very simple to understand, non dramatic way to maintain power. They can’t even comprehend or grasp that and they think they can run a country? Lol !

• Advertisement

I'd say losty was just about to post that, but you beat him to it plumb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

I just cannot work out this shambles of a ‘government’.

Blockades being gradually lifted on the meat factories, but we are being told the damage has been done. So, it would appear that we will have to look further afield to sell our beef.

We have the largest market in the world, & in the next few weeks, there won’t be any direct flights between Ireland & China.

One good thing imho is the drop in support for the taxaholic greens.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

It has gone both ways. This lists polls back to 2016. Polls which are within a few weeks of an upcoming election are the only ones worth giving much credence to.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Next_Irish_general_election#Opinion_polls

is_that_so wrote: »
    It has gone both ways. This lists polls back to 2016. Polls which are within a few weeks of an upcoming election are the only ones worth giving much credence to.

The point I made is the heroes in FG have now made it acceptable for FF to lead government again.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

The point I made is the heroes in FG have now made it acceptable for FF to lead government again.
    It's always been one or the other for most voters and FF were eventually going to be rehabilitated somewhat. It is after all heading for over a decade since their disaster. What continues to be interesting about polls is how voters still seem happy to spread their vote around all entities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

It's always been one or the other for most voters and FF were eventually going to be rehabilitated somewhat. It is after all heading for over a decade since their disaster. What continues to be interesting about polls is how voters still seem happy to spread their vote around all entities.
    But unfortunately, there are too many of the same old same old... Getting buttered up and the odd back scratched.

I can't think of any reason to vote in either of those two parties again. The rest getting shafted.

Never mind it being one or the other, especially this last few years they've proven that they're one and the same.

2 cheeks, same arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Never mind it being one or the other, especially this last few years they've proven that they're one and the same.

2 cheeks, same arse.

Never a truer word Johnny.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Fg and ff never supported workers

Who does?

I have 2 countries that have a more than average interest in as it comes to politics, Ireland and the Netherlands.

If i combine all the political parties in those 2, i think i ll be around 40 or 50 political parties.

Now most of these parties can be linked to 1 kind of "group" that have their best interest but i can honestly say, that i cant think of any political party whose main interest is the normal person who actually works for their more or less average salary.

It is just not "hip".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭jmreire

That's very true,none the less depending on who is leading in the poll's at any given time, it's a cause for elation or despair.........despair being an uncomfortable condition for the affected politicians but is all too common for the voter's !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,774 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

jmreire wrote: »
    That's very true,none the less depending on who is leading in the poll's at any given time, it's a cause for elation or despair.........despair being an uncomfortable feeling for the affected politicians !!!:D:D:D

6c minimum increase on fuels per litre might focus people's minds.
    Roll on the budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭jmreire

Fann Linn wrote: »
    6c minimum increase on fuels per litre might focus people's minds.
    Roll on the budget.

I'm not too sure about 6c / ltr increase being enough to trigger a reaction...we are already being conditioned to expect much more...So it could be a relatively "mild" increase in the budget ( trying not to disturb the voter ) followed by mini-increases after the election....but the real pain will come when transport and there fore all other costs rise due to the knock on effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,057 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Well if FF and FG retain an overall majority of seats after the next election, are we to assume that the majority of voters don't accept this, or accept it and are not bothered by it? The early version of confidence and supply implemented by Fine Gael as the Tallaght Strategy over 30 years ago didn't impact the dominance of Irish politics by the two parties and would not appear to have convinced the electorate of the indistinguishability of the two...

Well if FF and FG retain an overall majority of seats after the next election, are we to assume that the majority of voters don't accept this, or accept it and are not bothered by it? The early version of confidence and supply implemented by Fine Gael as the Tallaght Strategy over 30 years ago didn't impact the dominance of Irish politics by the two parties and would not appear to have convinced the electorate of the indistinguishability of the two...

My guess is they accept it, but aren't bothered, as there's barely any difference between their policies in either party. In saying that, even after the monumental funk up by FF in their last stint, FG still couldn't achieve a clear majority, and hence why lab became their mudflap, and hence why lab are currently in political wasteland.

In other news.

https://twitter.com/oconnellhugh/status/1174972096314667010?s=19

Lots of rumours flying about as to why Daly is stepping down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭mike_cork

Lots of rumours flying about as to why Daly is stepping down.

It's been well known for months in west cork what he got caught doing (nothing criminal btw). It is not surprising that he isn’t running in the next general- There isnt a hope he'd get it in the next time.
    The family thing is just a cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,518 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

mike_cork wrote: »
    It's been well known for months in west cork what he got caught doing (nothing criminal btw). It is not surprising that he isn’t running in the next general- There isnt a hope he'd get it in the next time.
    The family thing is just a cover.

What did he get caught doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

JeffKenna wrote: »
    What did he get caught doing?

I'd guess he was playing hide the sausage. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

Funny. Lots of intrigue on another thread about what Jim Daly was doing. Whatever people do in the metaphorical bedroom doesn't seem particularly important to me. I think making fraudulent claims is a much better reason to step down from an elected position.

BattleCorp wrote: »
    I'd guess he was playing hide the sausage. :D

I'm reminded of that sketch in Little Britain where the fictional politician, obviously caught in an uncompromising situation with another individual, described it as "unfortunately I slipped and as a result, a part of my body fell into a part of the other persons body":D

boombang wrote: »
    Funny. Lots of intrigue on another thread about what Jim Daly was doing. Whatever people do in the metaphorical bedroom doesn't seem particularly important to me. I think making fraudulent claims is a much better reason to step down from an elected position.

This all day long.

Absolutely 110% spot on boom.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Jim Daly obviously never grew up on the sidelines of a GAA pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Dean Hotel guy saying nobody fallen off since doesn't mention that theres non-slip tape on the seats now https://twitter.com/lostexpectation/status/1132949892446466048

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I find the idea she'd one drink and then fell off a swing while holding a drink in each hand to be beyond belief and her brief is akin to Lionel Hutz IMO.

Dean Hotel guy saying nobody fallen off since doesn't mention that there non-slip tape on the seats now https://twitter.com/lostexpectation/status/1132949892446466048

Didn't he say nobody had fallen off before, or since?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭golfball37

I’m sure plenty have falling off they just didn’t go issuing legal proceedings like any normal person.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement