Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

emaherx wrote: »
    Any opinions on Tuffmac trailers? Considering a 16ft cattle trailer for the Tractor.

https://www.donedeal.ie/trailers-for-sale/tuffmac-cattle-trailer/8328387

Looks like a cracking trailer, looking for something similar myself but perhaps one that I can detach the body easily and use as a bale trailer also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,006 ✭✭✭emaherx

Looks like a cracking trailer, looking for something similar myself but perhaps one that I can detach the body easily and use as a bale trailer also.

I'd like that option too, but anything new puts it way beyond what I'm willing to spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

I'd like that option too, but anything new puts it way beyond what I'm willing to spend.

Always dear the first day. As you say this is a vital part of your farm. If you were putting up a new shed you wouldn't bat an eye at price.

This purchase will give you comfort for next 20+ years so divide purchase price by this and it makes it more palatable. I'd steer clear of all steel trailer, esp if has to live outside. Look and wait for a good alum sheeted secondhand one to come up on donedeal if not going new.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭visatorro

Was the bridgeway much cheaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

visatorro wrote: »

The primer and paint isn't great on them. Only single pack paint l think.

Any l see around here look ragged. Sheeting only goes up about 4' and then bars. Looks mean looking

• Advertisement

Muckit wrote: »
    The primer and paint isn't great on them. Only single pack paint l think.

Any l see around here look ragged. Sheeting only goes up about 4' and then bars. Looks mean looking

My better half says I'm rough looking but I still got the job done!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,388 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

My better half says I'm rough looking but I still got the job done!

I agree with her

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Grueller

Reggie. wrote: »
    I agree with her

About getting the job done? Ooh matron!

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Keep Sluicing

Reggie. wrote: »
    I agree with her

Your some oil painting yerself ; )

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭oxjkqg

Lad near me has the tuffmac tractor trailer. Grand trailer, only gets odd use.
    I see the lads down my way who move cattle to marts etc. running lynch cattle trailers, good reports.
    Bridgeway make good stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,388 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Your some oil painting yerself ; )

****ing am when I'm next to that fella :D

Always dear the first day. As you say this is a vital part of your farm. If you were putting up a new shed you wouldn't bat an eye at price.

This purchase will give you comfort for next 20+ years so divide purchase price by this and it makes it more palatable. I'd steer clear of all steel trailer, esp if has to live outside. Look and wait for a good alum sheeted secondhand one to come up on donedeal if not going new.

This is true, but I really only need a new cattle trailer. I already have a decent tipping trailer that I use for bales too.

Yes,

Bridgeway €6,500
    Tuffmac €10,300

The aluminum floor and sheeting in the Tuffmac is a big plus though.

Actually like that about them. My current one is similar design and it makes the view great for reversing into tight corners.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,092 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Yes,

Bridgeway €6,500
    Tuffmac €10,300

The bridgeway would have to be 18 ft by 7ft to be similar square footage to the tuffmac 16ft by 8ft

wrangler wrote: »
    The bridgeway would have to be 18 ft by 7ft to be similar square footage to the tuffmac 16ft by 8ft

I'm aware of that, but honestly I'd nearly prefer the 16 x 7 as a size behind my 390T but the Tuffmac is only available in 8ft widths.

I think there is an 18x7 Bridgeway but I'm currently leaning towards the Tuffmac just for the Aluminum body.

Yes,

Bridgeway €6,500
    Tuffmac €10,300

I think the lynch 18 ft was 14k all in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭MfMan

I'm aware of that, but honestly I'd nearly prefer the 16 x 7 as a size behind my 390T but the Tuffmac is only available in 8ft widths.

I think there is an 18x7 Bridgeway but I'm currently leaning towards the Tuffmac just for the Aluminum body.

Do Bluemount in Cavan still make 'em? A bit like the Bridgeway trailers.

MfMan wrote: »
    Do Bluemount in Cavan still make 'em? A bit like the Bridgeway trailers.

Yes, I'm waiting on a price for a Bluemount also.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Yes,

Bridgeway €6,500
    Tuffmac €10,300

I take it €6,300 was for that second hand Bridgeway? What is their new cost?

• Advertisement

I think the lynch 18 ft was 14k all in.

Was that running on single or twin axles?

I take it €6,300 was for that second hand Bridgeway? What is their new cost?

6500 new delivered to yard

Was that running on single or twin axles?

Single with double wheels I'm fairly sure.

Has to be value in that for a 'farmers ' trailer
    Not either in mart or factory every day. Surely if washed out it would last the finest!

Has to be value in that for a 'farmers ' trailer
    Not either in mart or factory every day. Surely if washed out it would last the finest!

Certainly is good value, but an aluminum trailer would probably be the last cattle trailer I'd ever buy. Also the higher speed rating would future proof it a bit better.

At that price you could spec whatever type of paint you want on it. Even pricing in a shot blast and respray 10 years down the line, it is still good value.
    Although I'd like to know the thickness of the steel used in it.

I don't like the look of blue machinery though. Dunno why, I just hate it! I'd prefer it in the green like their Self Loading Bale Carrier.

Is that an error on the DoneDeal advert?

Full range of TuffMac Trailers available from GERETY FARM MACHINERY LTD,

Livestock trailer range includes sizes: 16X7,18X7,16X8,18X8,20X8,22X8,24X8,26X8

I've just had another look at the trailers from all - make sure the ramp is not too steep on them with whatever wheels you spec. A steep ramp could be hard to work with. i.e. if you look at the Johnson triple purpose they have a kick out in the door which when inverted for use as a cattle trailer gives a shallow rise into the trailer - might even be a bit too shallow given the step from there onto the bed.

Is that an error on the DoneDeal advert?

Full range of TuffMac Trailers available from GERETY FARM MACHINERY LTD,

Livestock trailer range includes sizes: 16X7,18X7,16X8,18X8,20X8,22X8,24X8,26X8

It's not an error, it's just 16x7 and 18x7 are not Tuffmac. They are other livestock trailers available from Gerety

It's not an error, it's just 16x7 and 18x7 are not Tuffmac. They are other livestock trailers available from Gerety

That's misleading to say the least!

That's misleading to say the least!

Meh, hardly the most misleading add I've seen on Done Deal, I'd say poorly written rather than intentionaly misleading.

• Advertisement

Yeah, that would have been a better way to put it.

Advertisement