Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭JMMCapital

IRE60 wrote: »
    Funny - I was talking to a fella from Cavan over the weekend and he mentioned Granard in a conversation about Quinn Industrial Holdings.

Nothing to do with anyone who would align themselves with any much discussed 'minority ethnic group' but to a family that neck of the woods - just chat locally but one to keep an eye on.

Also the chat locally is that the Quinnes did not cover themselves in any glory when they were a no show at the march(s) on Friday - if they were that 'appalled' by the kidnapping they should have got off their arses!

They're definitely in on it. (speculation of course)

rondog wrote: »
    Seen the guard that did the p1ss take video calling out the fireman got suspended from teh force.
    Absolute farce.Ridiculous you cant even have a bit of banter.

While the travellers commit violence ,drugs extortion and make hundreds of call out videos,its somehow seen as disgraceful by the traveller community that the Police did banter video.
    Im getting seriously sick of travellers crying victim while they commit crime and crime and their fellow travellers say nothing.

Battering old people,drugs,murder, violence machete attacks???Not a word from the travelling community.

garda make a banter video for a charity fight while raising thousands for temple street and the fools are up in arms.

Tell me about it, read today on the financial times that a hedge fund manager lost his job over saying to his co-worker that he would hire an assistant and call her "sugar tits" can't have the banter anymore in any job it's a pure joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭rodmn2377

IRE60 wrote: »
    Funny - I was talking to a fella from Cavan over the weekend and he mentioned Granard in a conversation about Quinn Industrial Holdings.

Nothing to do with anyone who would align themselves with any much discussed 'minority ethnic group' but to a family that neck of the woods - just chat locally but one to keep an eye on.
    Also the chat locally is that the Quinnes did not cover themselves in any glory when they were a no show at the march(s) on Friday - if they were that 'appalled' by the kidnapping they should have got off their arses!

Heard from a copper up there that SQ is trying to get the businesses back on the cheap and is out to get the lads who were his main men back in the day but jumped ship when he the businesses were taken off him.. psni supposed to have got a photo of him meeting a ex ra bomber who is leading this.. could be all bollox but not surprised if true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

rodmn2377 wrote: »
    Heard from a copper up there that SQ is trying to get the businesses back on the cheap and is out to get the lads who were his main men back in the day but jumped ship when he the businesses were taken off him.. psni supposed to have got a photo of him meeting a ex ra bomber who is leading this.. could be all bollox but not surprised if true.

I heard something very similar from a man local to that area today. Now it could be that he's local, but he didn't paint the victim in a good light. It appears Quinner was a victim of a double cross as it were.

The gist of what I was told is that a gentleman's agreement was broken, and this is payback.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭spider baby 172

JMMCapital wrote: »
    That was boylan's auld lads shooting on crime call last night lads ya?

Yeah it was

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

Looked very amateurish. Also, it would seem that the Toyota Avensis is the vehicle of choice for every single criminal act these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Looked very amateurish. Also, it would seem that the Toyota Avensis is the vehicle of choice for every single criminal act these days.

I know. I have one. I'm waiting to be pulled out by the neck by ERU one of these days. :pac:

I must say though, they are a pretty anonymous car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭benny79

Danzy wrote: »
    Word in Cavan is that none of the people being looked at have paramilitary connections.

The attack was timed to coincide with a visit by a visit from an American hedge fund.

Why the Guards have been so stand offish in this whole case, outside for years is telling as well.

Yeah exactly I find it very strange. A bit like the whistle blower case

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭KM792

Anyone tuning into the gangland doc on TV3 tonight at 10?
    Not getting too excited about it,prob just a rehash of what we already know.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,023 ✭✭✭Jeff2

KM792 wrote: »
    Anyone tuning into the gangland doc on TV3 tonight at 10?
    Not getting too excited about it,prob just a rehash of what we already know.

Yep.

It's called Virgin Media 1 these days. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

Watching that programme did I hear right that the photographer that gets all the early snaps worked undercover for 20 years?

markc1184 wrote: »
    Watching that programme did I hear right that the photographer that gets all the early snaps worked undercover for 20 years?

That's been said before hasn't it..he's a slick operator that fella..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

KM792 wrote: »

I never knew that. Has he always been a photojournalist or what did he do beforehand?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,023 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Rte would not have said some are travelers in Drogheda.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,371 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Was the gangland doc on Virgin Media One any good?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Was the gangland doc on Virgin Media One any good?

Nothing you wont have heard here months ago!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 370 ✭✭WB Yokes

Its up on the player for anyone that's interested. Just watching it here in work. Nothing we haven't seen or heard before really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭6541

WB Yokes wrote: »
    Its up on the player for anyone that's interested. Just watching it here in work. Nothing we haven't seen or heard before really.
    Work must be busy !

Undercover journalist. Not a cop.

• Advertisement

6541 wrote: »
    Work must be busy !

Handy number :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭Hoboo

https://twitter.com/padraig_reilly?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭IRE60

WB Yokes wrote: »
    Undercover journalist. Not a cop.
    Undercover - is bit of a stretch! Was a regular snapper and then went down the road of snapping the 'underworld'.

The bit I saw Stephen Breen was on a bit - he's news ed. in The Sun and has written two books - one on the Cartel and another on Freddie - very interesting books.

Who are these two brothers?

https://www.rte.ie/news/crime/2019/0927/1078611-criminal-assets-bureau/
    The Criminal Assets Bureau has seized two high-end cars as part of an investigation into the assets of an organised crime gang in west Dublin.

CAB searched five locations including homes, a solicitors office, an accountants office and a gym.

An Audi Q5 SUV and a Toyota Hilex pick-up as well as documentation relating to the ownership of the houses and gyms has been seized.[/b]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭ifElseThen

Either travellers or the Grendons

• Registered Users Posts: 7,892 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Who are these two brothers?

https://www.rte.ie/news/crime/2019/0927/1078611-criminal-assets-bureau/
    The Criminal Assets Bureau has seized two high-end cars as part of an investigation into the assets of an organised crime gang in west Dublin.

CAB searched five locations including homes, a solicitors office, an accountants office and a gym.

An Audi Q5 SUV and a Toyota Hilex pick-up as well as documentation relating to the ownership of the houses and gyms has been seized.[/b]

https://www.herald.ie/news/gym-in-leafy-suburb-is-raided-in-family-gang-bust-as-two-cars-seized-38542077.html

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

septictank wrote: »

Good stuff, keep that poison off our streets and keep these scumbags on there feet! Now the vermin will kill each other off good riddance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,371 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

A 23-year-old man has appeared in court charged with the murder of John Gibson in Dublin two years ago.

Matthew Bell, of Ambervale in Tallaght, was arrested just after 9am this morning at Cookstown Way.

Detective Garda Kevin Bowen gave evidence of arrest, charge and caution at Tallaght Garda Station.

Judge Gerry Jones agreed to a request for legal aid.

He remanded the accused in custody to appear before Cloverhill District Court on Friday, after receiving medical and psychiatric attention.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭Hoboo

A 23-year-old man has appeared in court charged with the murder of John Gibson in Dublin two years ago.

Matthew Bell, of Ambervale in Tallaght, was arrested just after 9am this morning at Cookstown Way.

Detective Garda Kevin Bowen gave evidence of arrest, charge and caution at Tallaght Garda Station.

Judge Gerry Jones agreed to a request for legal aid.

He remanded the accused in custody to appear before Cloverhill District Court on Friday, after receiving medical and psychiatric attention.

Thanks Kurt, now over to Dave with the weather.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement