Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sub 2.50 - and beyond!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭squinn2912

KSU wrote: »
    Happy to share my own plan.

Would probably be a bit higher mileage than most as the marathon specific would be relative high volume as well as the long run

Currently in general phase of hills, fartleks traditional tempos and long run. 2 weeks of 17 milers then a down week and then 4 19-20 milers. Not worried about progressing the long runs just simply building endurance with time on feet so these are very handy

After this I get into the marathon specific work which will consist of these sessions (one of each weekly)

Marathon Specific
    6x2km MP/1km steady recovery
    6x3km MP/1km steady recovery
    5x4km MP/1km steady recovery
    4x5km MP/1km steady recovery
    3x6km MP/1km steady recovery
    13 mile MP
    3x7 km MP/1km steady recovery
    2x6 mile 1 mile easy recovery

Each of these sessions will have around 13 miles of work with the warm up and cooldown bringing it to roughly 16/17 miles. Overall volume stays the same but the intensity increases as the weeks go on

Long runs
    6 miles steady/3 miles easy/6 miles steady/3 miles easy/ 2 miles MP
    7 miles steady/2 miles easy/7 miles steady/2 miles easy/ 2 miles MP
    8 miles steady/2 miles easy/8 miles steady/2 miles easy/ 2 miles MP
    9 miles steady/1 miles easy/9 miles steady/1 miles easy/ 2 miles MP
    20 miles steady
    22 miles steady

Steady for me comes in around MP+30 sec

With these the injury risk should be fairly low from the volume due to the fact that time on feet actually comes down a little as the intensity goes up and its building from the slow easy long runs that preceed it

This is just a rough draft but the aim is to spend alot of time on heavy legs running quite marathon specific work thought it will be supplemented with a small bit of 10k and fartlek work here and there

I love that plan. So one of those sessions per week - do you intend on doing any other sessions during the week? What is MP for this block? I'm just cruising at the moment getting the miles gradually back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭KSU

squinn2912 wrote: »
    I love that plan. So one of those sessions per week - do you intend on doing any other sessions during the week? What is MP for this block? I'm just cruising at the moment getting the miles gradually back up.

The plan will be session every three days, a more 10k based session (fartlek, hills etc) one of the marathon specific sessions and a long run over the course of each block of 8 days

All the marathon stuff is based off effort. At the moment marathon effort is about 6.40 pace though I am hoping by the time I get to the specific phase this effort should be closer to 5.55-6.05 if not will just operate to fitness, not trying to force pace as its a recipe for disaster.

Previous PB is 2.43 after wheels came off in the last few miles

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Duanington

Happy to share my own plan.

Would probably be a bit higher mileage than most as the marathon specific would be relative high volume as well as the long run

Currently in general phase of hills, fartleks traditional tempos and long run. 2 weeks of 17 milers then a down week and then 4 19-20 milers. Not worried about progressing the long runs just simply building endurance with time on feet so these are very handy

After this I get into the marathon specific work which will consist of these sessions (one of each weekly)

Marathon Specific
    6x2km MP/1km steady recovery
    6x3km MP/1km steady recovery
    5x4km MP/1km steady recovery
    4x5km MP/1km steady recovery
    3x6km MP/1km steady recovery
    13 mile MP
    3x7 km MP/1km steady recovery
    2x6 mile 1 mile easy recovery

Each of these sessions will have around 13 miles of work with the warm up and cooldown bringing it to roughly 16/17 miles. Overall volume stays the same but the intensity increases as the weeks go on

Long runs
    6 miles steady/3 miles easy/6 miles steady/3 miles easy/ 2 miles MP
    7 miles steady/2 miles easy/7 miles steady/2 miles easy/ 2 miles MP
    8 miles steady/2 miles easy/8 miles steady/2 miles easy/ 2 miles MP
    9 miles steady/1 miles easy/9 miles steady/1 miles easy/ 2 miles MP
    20 miles steady
    22 miles steady

Steady for me comes in around MP+30 sec

With these the injury risk should be fairly low from the volume due to the fact that time on feet actually comes down a little as the intensity goes up and its building from the slow easy long runs that preceed it

This is just a rough draft but the aim is to spend alot of time on heavy legs running quite marathon specific work thought it will be supplemented with a small bit of 10k and fartlek work here and there

Thanks for sharing this.

So - 1 long run ( relatively easy) , 1 long session....any shorter session midweek? ( I'm assuming no)

Duanington wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing this.

So - 1 long run ( relatively easy) , 1 long session....any shorter session midweek? ( I'm assuming no)

Dropped you an email but overall the odd bit of the following

Fartlek - 3x 4,3,2,1 min @ 10k-HM pace
    20x400
    200m hills

Aim to do speed work sparingly enough and not have them be hard sessions but rather just a bit of turnover stuff to keep the legs tipping over with the miles

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Cheers for sharing. Couple of questions L if that's ok.

Those MP sessions. Will they get quicker as time goes on and fitness builds or are they all at planned MP?

I presume that plan is based around your target volume i.e. a higher or lower volume runner would need to adjust accordingly for higher or lower weekly mileage? (understood that this is a tailored plan for yourself and shouldnt be assumed that anyone can use that plan).

How long do you reckon you will have spent base building before kicking off that block?

Any races planned?

• Advertisement

Cheers for sharing. Couple of questions L if that's ok.

Those MP sessions. Will they get quicker as time goes on and fitness builds or are they all at planned MP?

In an ideal world yes, I have been running long enough to know what the effort should be like so I am hoping that effort will see paces improve as I don't expect to be near those sort of paces at the start of the training block (although not a million miles off as aim is to go into the specific block relatively fit.
    I presume that plan is based around your target volume i.e. a higher or lower volume runner would need to adjust accordingly for higher or lower weekly mileage? (understood that this is a tailored plan for yourself and shouldnt be assumed that anyone can use that plan).

Target volume is more based around the sessions. I don't think it is the sort of plan that can be watered down as the nature of the sessions is time on feet at relative marathon intensity i.e its getting you used to the specific demands of the marathon.

I don't feel 10 mile straight tempo's replicate that as much and any longer on a regular basis and you get to a stage where you are working beyond marathon effort due to cardiac drift and also cumulative fatigue.

Running any less than 70-80 mpw on this plan and not gonna be worth a whole lot IMO
    How long do you reckon you will have spent base building before kicking off that block?

Roughly about 10 weeks of general work and then 8 weeks of specific work followed by a 2 week taper
    Any races planned?

Unsure just yet may look for one or two along the way but will have to see how things go I have 3 weekends blocked out due being away in July/August so outside of that will have to see if anything fits in. Will probably do Dublin Novice XC as just a rust buster 3 weeks out from the marathon just to shock the system but aside from that should be particularly light race wise due to the fact that I missed a number of weeks so still only getting back fit so not too much room to manouever in that regard. Had planed a few more originally.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Thanks for sharing this - looks like a very solid plan with a ton of Marathon specific stuff in it.
    Thanks for sharing this.

Is it not a tough long run (e.g. 7 miles steady/2 miles easy/7 miles steady/2 miles easy/ 2 miles MP) and then 1 Marathon Specific Session midweek (e.g. 4x5km MP/1km steady recovery) with sporadic speed over the 10 weeks??

I don't feel 10 mile straight tempo's replicate that as much and any longer on a regular basis and you get to a stage where you are working beyond marathon effort due to cardiac drift and also cumulative fatigue.

Can you expand a bit on this point? - are you saying that shorter tempo intervals "are better" than straight tempos for Marathon training if they are a regular part of your plan??

Would building to 10m straight tempos (HM/MP pace - or alterations) be a wiser strategy for someone prone to cramp rather than having shorter interval type tempos to build muscle resistance??

General Marathon Training Question;

Is there a place in todays plans for straight, vanilla type long runs.
    e.g. 20m easy (or slightly steady)

Or - is running long runs in a 'non marathon specific' way a waste of 2.5hours training when you could use that to add in alterations, fast finish at MP etc?? e.g. Canova's philosophy.

Thanks for sharing this - looks like a very solid plan with a ton of Marathon specific stuff in it.

It's funny enough I think the Hudson plans have some very similar type sessions in them so I figured might peak your interest a bit (I know he used them with Kieffer and Stinson a bit though not sure if they are in the book)
    Is it not a tough long run (e.g. 7 miles steady/2 miles easy/7 miles steady/2 miles easy/ 2 miles MP) and then 1 Marathon Specific Session midweek (e.g. 4x5km MP/1km steady recovery) with sporadic speed over the 10 weeks??

Yes sorry It would be odd speed work of a Tuesday, MP session Friday and Long run the Following monday (roughly rolling on two easy days between sessions)
    Can you expand a bit on this point? - are you saying that shorter tempo intervals "are better" than straight tempos for Marathon training if they are a regular part of your plan??

Would building to 10m straight tempos (HM/MP pace - or alterations) be a wiser strategy for someone prone to cramp rather than having shorter interval type tempos to build muscle resistance??

Sure.

The idea is that if you take the average person doing a tempo you have to scale back the effort enough to be able to handle the workout so that you will have the following scenario for people

Miles 1-3 roughly to slow to be in right HR range for the stimulus, after this you are into the right effort level (particularly the lower base someone has) once you get to this point you then are hitting a number of miles of good work and after a while the effort level drifts up but remember you working at a level that you are aiming to run 26.2 miles at the 1st half of a marathon should always feel easy and as a result so should these 10 mile tempo, if they don't you are working too hard or it is because you are tired from the cumulative mileage (which is fine if that is the aim of the plan but many people will "freshen up" for sessions for the psychological boost of hitting paces or something in life crops up and they don't get that planned double the day before they had been planning.

With these broken up sessions cardiac drift is not as prevalent as the steady miles allow HR to level off a little, (not drop and this is why steady means steady and not easy) so you are at the appropriate effort levels for a longer duration, plus you have the advantage of running the right paces at the right effort level on 13-14+ miles into a run so for me personally it just feels a good bit more specific to the demands of the race at hand.

In terms of which is better both have there place and depending on the reason for cramp (muscle imbalance could be one cause) it could end up being worse as time on feet could be exasperating the issues.

Or - is running long runs in a 'non marathon specific' way a waste of 2.5hours training when you could use that to add in alterations, fast finish at MP etc?? e.g. Canova's philosophy.

The easy long runs are crucial. Most people should be banking them on a regular basis,

Most people would benefit more from these than trying to add intensity, Best case many people still get the stimulus from these, worst case the should be a precursor to the Long Runs with stuff.

• Advertisement

I think we often lose sight of the long, easy stuff - take a look across Strava at some of the fastest people running marathons and you'll see a lot of them running relatively easy ( I say relative, 6.50-7.00 is pretty easy for people running 2.1x marathons) - room for both I would have said

The easy long runs are crucial. Most people should be banking them on a regular basis,

Most people would benefit more from these than trying to add intensity, Best case many people still get the stimulus from these, worst case the should be a precursor to the Long Runs with stuff.
    I think we often lose sight of the long, easy stuff - take a look across Strava at some of the fastest people running marathons and you'll see a lot of them running relatively easy ( I say relative, 6.50-7.00 is pretty easy for people running 2.1x marathons) - room for both I would have said

I would think that where you place a 'long easy run' is important though.
    There would be a point in the plan whereby you are not getting a stimulus from that type of run.

I agree that early in the plan, building up the long easy run provides a decent stimulus.
    After doing a few weeks of long runs 'with stuff' - placing a 20 miler would not give a whole lot.
    Maybe doing an easy 18-20 the day after a session on tired legs would give an additional benefit.

I would think that where you place a 'long easy run' is important though.
    There would be a point in the plan whereby you are not getting a stimulus from that type of run.

I agree that early in the plan, building up the long easy run provides a decent stimulus.
    After doing a few weeks of long runs 'with stuff' - placing a 20 miler would not give a whole lot.
    Maybe doing an easy 18-20 the day after a session on tired legs would give an additional benefit.

Dunno about not getting a stimulus anymore - depends on the individual I suppose but I hate them so I know I need them !
    I’d agree that it depends where you place them alright and what the rest of the week looks like, I can’t see how they wouldn’t have a place though for most of us

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

If incorporating some warm up races, eg 10k/10m/Half, would a Stuff/Stuff/Race/Easy be a typical enough 4 week block of LR's?

healy1835 wrote: »
    If incorporating some warm up races, eg 10k/10m/Half, would a Stuff/Stuff/Race/Easy be a typical enough 4 week block of LR's?

Or a Stuff/Easy/Race/Stuff - depending on the race and the week you've had.

You could also do a 15m MLR the day after the 10k, or a 10-13m MLR after the 10m.

Personally, I'm thinking of incorporating a recovery week into the days prior to the 10m & HM with an additional couple of days recovery after the races.

Just checking my own plan and my Long run plan meets your stuff/stuff/race/easy.

My Own plan for Dublin will be a bit different than my previous plans in terms of content, but similar in a few ways (Big sessions).
    Its a Hudson based plan, but its not pulled from a book or off the shelf.

I'll be back from 2 weeks holidays with 11.5 weeks to go to DCM - this current 10k block will serve as a good fundamental phase - leading into the specific phase.

Strong focus on Marathon Specific pace or slightly faster (no faster than HMP) except strides.
    I'm trying a 'different' approach to see if more MP runs help with the hamstring cramps.

Basic premise is; 1 Session / 1 MLR / 1 Long run session or easy

Monday: 2 recovery runs (2nd run with Strides)

Tuesday: Session 1: Starts with 4(10minsMP/5minsSteady) and this builds to 2(45minsMP/5Steady) - similar to what was shared earlier.
    Total 'work time' grows from 60 mins to 105 (not inc WU/CD)

Wed: Recovery 6-8miles

Thurs: MLR - Starting at 10 miles and growing to 15 miles - some with steady last 3-5 miles.

Friday: Easy/Recovery with some hill sprints 6-9 miles.

Sat: Recovery Day - 4-7miles with Strides.

Sunday: Session#2 / Long run
    Easy runs to 24 miles
    Sessions are a mixed bag of Races / Alterations e.g. 5mileE+5(2MP-5 / 1MP+20) / Long steady Runs e.g. 3/4Mara / maybe 1 or 2 Fast Finish long runs

Quite a lot of the Sessions/Long Runs will be on the DCM Route or over lumpy routes.

Mileage: Peaks at 80+
    Gym/S&C: 2 focused sessions per week + other 10-15 mins before bed etc.
    Other: Yoga is currently being incorporated.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Tommy Max

Hi Guys. I was reading through some of the recent stuff here. I notice a number of you run quiet a bit of your long runs at "steady" pace. What exactly is steady pace.

If I have a recent 10k pb of 36.20 for example what pace would steady be? I always assumed (possibly incorrectly) that a steady pace was another name for marathon pace.

And what is the purpose of steady pace?

In training for my first marathon and was planning on doing most long runs at easy 7.40-8.00 pace with some threshold pace miles at estimated 10 mile race or 1 hour pace. For example 10 miles easy, 3 x 2 threshold pace, 2 miles easy.

Other sessions would be at my target marathon pace so 4 miles easy, 10-12 miles at target marathon pace, 2 miles easy.

What exactly is steady pace and am I missing out on something important by not including it and just focusing my training like outlined above?

Thanks all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

My Own plan for Dublin will be a bit different than my previous plans in terms of content, but similar in a few ways (Big sessions).
    Its a Hudson based plan, but its not pulled from a book or off the shelf.

I'll be back from 2 weeks holidays with 11.5 weeks to go to DCM - this current 10k block will serve as a good fundamental phase - leading into the specific phase.

Strong focus on Marathon Specific pace or slightly faster (no faster than HMP) except strides.
    I'm trying a 'different' approach to see if more MP runs help with the hamstring cramps.

Basic premise is; 1 Session / 1 MLR / 1 Long run session or easy

Monday: 2 recovery runs (2nd run with Strides)

Tuesday: Session 1: Starts with 4(10minsMP/5minsSteady) and this builds to 2(45minsMP/5Steady) - similar to what was shared earlier.
    Total 'work time' grows from 60 mins to 105 (not inc WU/CD)

Wed: Recovery 6-8miles

Thurs: MLR - Starting at 10 miles and growing to 15 miles - some with steady last 3-5 miles.

Friday: Easy/Recovery with some hill sprints 6-9 miles.

Sat: Recovery Day - 4-7miles with Strides.

Sunday: Session#2 / Long run
    Easy runs to 24 miles
    Sessions are a mixed bag of Races / Alterations e.g. 5mileE+5(2MP-5 / 1MP+20) / Long steady Runs e.g. 3/4Mara / maybe 1 or 2 Fast Finish long runs

Quite a lot of the Sessions/Long Runs will be on the DCM Route or over lumpy routes.

Mileage: Peaks at 80+
    Gym/S&C: 2 focused sessions per week + other 10-15 mins before bed etc.
    Other: Yoga is currently being incorporated.

Nice plan, best of luck with it.
    Only change I would make is move the Sunday session to Saturday, I just found it easier mentally to have that out of the way Saturday morning.

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Nice plan, best of luck with it.
    Only change I would make is move the Sunday session to Saturday, I just found it easier mentally to have that out of the way Saturday morning.

And makes beers easier??

Tommy Max wrote: »
    Hi Guys. I was reading through some of the recent stuff here. I notice a number of you run quiet a bit of your long runs at "steady" pace. What exactly is steady pace.

If I have a recent 10k pb of 36.20 for example what pace would steady be? I always assumed (possibly incorrectly) that a steady pace was another name for marathon pace.

In training for my first marathon and was planning on doing most long runs at easy 7.40-8.00 pace with some threshold pace miles at estimated 10 mile race or 1 hour pace. For example 10 miles easy, 3 x 2 threshold pace, 2 miles easy.

Other sessions would be at my target marathon pace so 4 miles easy, 10-12 miles at target marathon pace, 2 miles easy.

What exactly is steady pace and am I missing out on something important by not including it and just focusing my training like outlined above?

Thanks all.

Steady pace is a bit easier than MP - its about MP+20s (or MP+30s).

Main reason for it is that you can get more volume in at this pace - whereas at MP it would be a lot more difficult to get the volume and/or could leave you knackered for the other runs.

The physiological benefits are similar (running long at a tough'ish pace).

You can mix up the runs with Steady & MP too - such as running 2m@MP then 1 steady and repeat 3 or 4 times (other alternatives available :) ) - this is 1 continuous run with no stops - the steady portion makes it manageable.

I also use a steady pace at the end of a midweek longish run (10-15 miles) by picking up the pace in the last few miles - adds an extra stimulus.

I wouldn't do all the stuff at 'Steady' though - theres a need to hit MP too, especially in the last 6-8 weeks - otherwise your body will become accustomed to steady and MP will be tougher.

BTW - nothing wrong with what you have planned - looks solid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,482 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Tommy Max wrote: »

Long runs shouldn’t be slow jogs during which you just accumulate time on your feet. As discussed in chapter 1, the appropriate pace for a specific long run depends on the purpose of that run within your training program.
    Steady pace is faster than easy/recovery, but slower than marathon pace. However, the plan you're following should state what your long runs should be like. Some plans would have the majority of long runs at steady pace. Some would have none, only easy or marathon pace. It depends on the rest of the plan

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

Anyone done a LR along these lines before? Thoughts....?

http://www.nazelite.com/the-alternating-pace-long-run/

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

If they could run fast in them hoka boats how fast could they go in a Pair of new Nikes :).

From what I've seen lately they trent for long runs is going towards the kipchoge model. Which is no slow long runs. A long run is a tempo +25 sec of marathon pace. Your week is filled with a fartlek and a track session. The rest are easy miles. If the long run is slower it tents to be a fast finish or on hills to get a stimulus. This phase is done in the marathon cycle, while easy running is done when your not training for one.

Edit: this trent would be for elite athletes.

I have this in my plan.

Theres a guy at our club who was a similar paced guy to me - he went to get a 'Vo2 type' test in Trinity and the guy there gave him some paces to run at and told him that these alternating paced runs were the way to go for Marathon training.

He ran 2.49 in Berlin and followed that with a 2.43 in London in April - the majority of his sessions are alternating paced sessions - he feels that with other sessions you get that 'recovery' time, but with these, you are working on the recovery and the body learns to cope better with the fatigue.

Might not work for everyone though.

I have this in my plan.

Theres a guy at our club who was a similar paced guy to me - he went to get a 'Vo2 type' test in Trinity and the guy there gave him some paces to run at and told him that these alternating paced runs were the way to go for Marathon training.

He ran 2.49 in Berlin and followed that with a 2.43 in London in April - the majority of his sessions are alternating paced sessions - he feels that with other sessions you get that 'recovery' time, but with these, you are working on the recovery and the body learns to cope better with the fatigue.

Yeah i suppose i had a steady 20 miler planned for around 7:05/mile, and contemplated going at MP/MP+1 minute which would have equated to about the same average pace....went with the steady 20 miles in the end. Might have a go at it next time out maybe....

I have this in my plan.

Would a long run like that require any specific rest during the week? I like to mix up the long run but that usually means running the last 5 miles at race pace or thereabouts. Sometimes I’m a great believer in time on the legs. I think the blandness helps to give a mental edge.

No, but its not a run that you just jump into either.

I have initially a 6x1.5mile with 0.5m float.
    the 1.5m is MP and the float is MP+90 - so about 8 min miles.

I'd also do it at Marathon effort as opposed to MP - so if you're a bit fearful of it, add 10-15 secs a mile to it.
    You MP now should be different to your MP in 9-10 weeks time.

Anyone from these here parts gearing up for an Autumn marathon? My own training for Dublin going pretty well so far. As opposed to last year when I probably peaked around a month out, I feel like I've managed things a little better this time; all easy mileage in June with no sessions (this was after a Limerick HM training block where I got sick race week and had to pull out of the race), re-introduced sessions in July, but controlled the intensity, and since August have been steadily increasing intensity & volume in the sessions. LR's have been pretty consistent, 4X30k, 4x32k & a 34k thus far. Any new nuggets or approaches in people's training?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭spc78

Anyone from these here parts gearing up for an Autumn marathon? My own training for Dublin going pretty well so far. As opposed to last year when I probably peaked around a month out, I feel like I've managed things a little better this time; all easy mileage in June with no sessions (this was after a Limerick HM training block where I got sick race week and had to pull out of the race), re-introduced sessions in July, but controlled the intensity, and since August have been steadily increasing intensity & volume in the sessions. LR's have been pretty consistent, 4X30k, 4x32k & a 34k thus far. Any new nuggets or approaches in people's training?

Going for Amsterdam the week before Dublin.

Thats a good set of LR's you've already got under the belt! I've got 2 x 27, 2 x 28, 1 x 30 & 1 x 33 but I've 4 LR's left which should all be 30k+ so hopefully things will look better at the start of 2 week taper.

I've tried to address a few things that have gone wrong for me in the past:

Getting sick before race day - started loading up on the multi vitamins now
    Taper too much - only doing a 2 week taper and not taper so hard, just 10% off the normal load each week
    Not enough Endurance - more long runs, more MP miles in the LR's
    No 'down' week - try to avoid that one week in the plan where you end up with half the mileage you planned - avoided so far

• Advertisement

Great going lads. I was planning on Dublin and I'd just got up around the 60 MPW where I like to be. Hoped to kick on but injury has struck. I had an ankle issue and it was kind of sitting dormant. Then a groin problem in the other leg. I asked the physio to look at them and he told me run away but shorter distances. A week of that and both problems are persisting so I'm on a week off now. Can still feel pain in both areas when resting. No problems walking around etc so I'm at a loss to explain this. I'd say Dublin could be out for me but I'm worried it might impact in the longer term. Any ideas?

Advertisement