Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Stillill42 wrote: »
    The gin garden, you say? And there was me thinking I'd explored the site thoroughly.

It was unreal, in Mindfield, you got an empty glass, first station you had an edible paint for inside your glass, then pick 1 of 3 gins and 3 mixers, loads of fruits to choose from and then loads of fresh herbs.
    It was great and not too pricey.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Poorside wrote: »
    It was unreal, in Mindfield, you got an empty glass, first station you had an edible paint for inside your glass, then pick 1 of 3 gins and 3 mixers, loads of fruits to choose from and then loads of fresh herbs.
    It was great and not too pricey.

Wow. Beats a lukewarm can of Heineken. I'll keep my eyes peeled in 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Wow. Beats a lukewarm can of Heineken. I'll keep my eyes peeled in 2020.

On Sunday there was a free gin for first hundred people to go to the stall and give a codeword. Saw a notification on the app but I was driving...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭Stillill42

sweetie wrote: »
    On Sunday there was a free gin for first hundred people to go to the stall and give a codeword. Saw a notification on the app but I was driving...

If you were any sort of Boardsie, Sweetie, you would have pulled over there and then and got that up on the thread. Poor form.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Ah FFS, I was definitely one of the first hundred in there on Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Forgive me dudes I have almost Saturday done in the review but have to take a break tonight, will hopefully have the whole thing complete tomorrow and will post it.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Poorside wrote: »
    Ah FFS, I was definitely one of the first hundred in there on Sunday.

I was in the first 100 twice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭BullBauld

Any parents out there bring their kids the last year or two?
    It's been a few years since I went and I brought my nephew (4) that time. Had a ball.

Just wondering if it's still as kid friendly or anything changed I'm not aware of.
    Hoping to bring my daughter, she'll be tipping 4 also

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Dutchy

Anyone else get savaged by horse flies this year? One week later and bites still healing

If you were any sort of Boardsie, Sweetie, you would have pulled over there and then and got that up on the thread. Poor form.

I know! In fairness it was during our daring attempt to bypass the gardai on the vicarstown Rd and skip the Sunday daytrippers hour plus long queue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HarryTheSpider

Was the Official App any good this year?

I've avoided it for a few years, but seeing this and there was also some schedule changes makes me thing I should have looked into it. I presume schedule changes were also pushed through notifications also.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Tickets got for next year , see ye on the 2020 thread 👋

Was the Official App any good this year?

I've avoided it for a few years, but seeing this and there was also some schedule changes makes me thing I should have looked into it. I presume schedule changes were also pushed through notifications also.

It was ok, wasn't the easiest to see what was currently on or how long a set was but it was a help at times

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Tickets got for next year , see ye on the 2020 thread 👋

You can’t leave yet..can’t close the thread until we have bodhrandudes review!

Rfrip wrote: »
    You can’t leave yet..can’t close the thread until we have bodhrandudes review!

:) I thought he did it already or was i still tripping earlier in the week

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Rfrip

:) I thought he did it already or was i still tripping earlier in the week

His blog post with pics yet to come!

Or maybe it was me tripping earlier in the week...I’m still not right!

Actually I do have a Q , I’m still a bit drunk from last night and feeling generous , anyone recommend pod pads or anything to say about them ?

Thinking of getting one as bday/Xmas present for my wife (a present I can enjoy too)
    €850 , worth it ? Does that include a ticket ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,964 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Actually I do have a Q , I’m still a bit drunk from last night and feeling generous , anyone recommend pod pads or anything to say about them ?

Thinking of getting one as bday/Xmas present for my wife (a present I can enjoy too)
    €850 , worth it ? Does that include a ticket ?

no idea if worth it, does not include ticket, none of the posh camping options include ticket.

Snarky Snark Snark

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I've got my pink moon confirmation.

Now to sober up a little, have some food, sh1t, shower, shave and get arse in gear to go Ire vs Wales.

This has been an expensive bloody week.

Snarky Snark Snark

I can now safely say

363 sleeps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

See ya all next year,got sorted, i still have to put me own thoughts down in this thread on this years festival (albeit was there on friday and saturday!!), but thats for later!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭noble00

Hi this is a stupid question I know but I can’t seem to find the answer anywhere, I’m hoping someone can help, I’m trying to buy a ticket for my daughter , do I need a loyalty code or is it like a concert just keep trying on Ticketmaster. Thanks

Snarky Snark Snark

noble00 wrote: »
    Hi this is a stupid question I know but I can’t seem to find the answer anywhere, I’m hoping someone can help, I’m trying to buy a ticket for my daughter , do I need a loyalty code or is it like a concert just keep trying on Ticketmaster. Thanks

don't need a code, you'd be getting early bird tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭ItsAnEasyGame

Looks like they are sold out?

I'm inputting my code but just says something went wrong!

Anyone having same issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Looks like they are sold out?

I'm inputting my code but just says something went wrong!

Anyone having same issue?

Got that quite a bit keep trying but could well be gone at this stage

Snarky Snark Snark

thread unfollow time

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Deirdre5

hi guys can anyone recommend any of the onsite camping? cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Farewell 2019 thread, time to unfollow. See you all on the new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

I've a rake of cans left and I'm slowly polishing them off each night!!

Must agree with an earlier poster, the Three stage was cool AF, fully kitted out, barriers at the front, nice stage, good sound desk, good sound, serious rigs, roof overhead, bar right beside (no toilets though) it had everything bar punters watching acts!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

My review at the stroke of six o'clock, enjoy folks. Let me know if there is a billion typos. :)
    https://niallmcquaid.wordpress.com/2019/09/05/electric-picnic-2019-festival-review/

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Advertisement