Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,715 ✭✭✭endainoz

According to a comment on Facebook he was found safe and well in Tullamore. Unconfirmed though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Was going to write my review but think most things have been mentioned by others so not going to go through it!
    One thing I had an issue with was sleeping in Eco campsite. For all its positive points, I could not get a wink of sleep due to the Rave and some noisy neighbours.

Had wax ear plugs in but didn't do the job, so for next year, could anyone recommend any ear plugs that they may have used for similar struggles?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭rubick

LowOdour wrote: »
    Was going to write my review but think most things have been mentioned by others so not going to go through it!
    One thing I had an issue with was sleeping in Eco campsite. For all its positive points, I could not get a wink of sleep due to the Rave and some noisy neighbours.

Had wax ear plugs in but didn't do the job, so for next year, could anyone recommend any ear plugs that they may have used for similar struggles?

I use the silicone variant, slept well all four nights:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hush-Pairs-Plugz-Silicone-Earplugs/dp/B004TX1MVU/ref=sr_1_16?keywords=ear+plugs&qid=1567764621&s=gateway&sr=8-16

Were you close to the hedge next the Rave in the Woods? We always try to get near the opposite hedge, along the Chaplin walkway, which is far enough away that there's minimal noise from the masses there assembled. Not one of our neighbours had a speaker with them.

Not much can be done about the noise from the woods - although as an ageing rave monkey I sort of find it soothing and can drift off to sleep fairly easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,800 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Please do review! I’m not ready to move forward yet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jeditokingyoda

I used these for music and also for sleeping this year. They're very comfy to wear and block out sound at night well enough. I'd recommend them.

Alpine MusicSafe Pro Ear Plugs https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000VO8PR0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Dutchy

I used these for music and also for sleeping this year. They're very comfy to wear and block out sound at night well enough. I'd recommend them.

First few Amazon reviews don't inspire confidence. Did you not hear them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I just use the simple silicone type. These ones in particular.

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcT6uAeVPoGFhtvA_OPSeXSrs5LrEtOH18pOnjncEBlA5XQ6Y79s

I think the key is to get used to using them a few times before EP as they can be a bit irritating if you've never used them before.

Dutchy wrote: »
    First few Amazon reviews don't inspire confidence. Did you not hear them ?

Yeah I saw that after my post. Went through a few of the comments, I thought it was a bit weird as my experience with them has been positive enough! Maybe the size thing is a bit of an issue? I dunno, I'd still recommend them.
    I could hear the rave in the background, but it was easily ignored. I doubt there are any ear plugs that could perfectly block that much sound anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,346 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Looks like the thread is grinding to a halt. Is it worth moving everything over to the new thread, including any leftover 2019 reviews?

I wasn't going to bother doing a review, but if anyone wants it, I'll be happy to. I think 2019 stuff should stay in the 2019 thread though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

Who's reviewing the users???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

if im getting a loyalty code should i have got it by now?been to three and all through the ticketmaster website so should have no problem but have nothing so far

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

I had the same issue with Eco last year, i found it was the vibrations from the ground keeping me awake, so earplugs were just useless.. the only advice i can give you is to just move closer to the loos in eco, we moved closer this year and it was fine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HarryTheSpider

Does anyone know why Body and Soul was a bit smaller this year? The area around the Peace Pagoda was swallowed up with Trailer Park /Body and Soul backstage areas.

Does anyone know why Body and Soul was a bit smaller this year? The area around the Peace Pagoda was swallowed up with Trailer Park /Body and Soul backstage areas.

Yeah the whole zen garden area completely disappeared! I think it was to accommodate the arena move?

I'm after looking at their site layout map, it seems that there's a new crew camping area between trenchtown and Body and soul now. Maybe that's why

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Did you also notice how much quieter it was?
    Trailer park has really taken off in popularity, I wouldn't be surprised if they downsized b and s to fit in more around trailer park

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭duckdiggler

Mucker46 wrote: »
    Was at a few gigs there just mustard biggest crowd yonaka got decent crowd rest small. Suspect 3 not have the same draw as the OV brand which along with lack of signage is the problem. Great tent andcaddition of bar very welcome.

but jesus 18 yoyos for 3 cans of heineken at that stage...., i nearly had a heart attack...
    Just mustard were excellent, some great acts there but too much out of away to nip back and forth from EA or Rankins regularly
    missed Sports Team and Yonaka there as a result

• Registered Users Posts: 8,346 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

endainoz wrote: »
    I wasn't going to bother doing a review, but if anyone wants it, I'll be happy to. I think 2019 stuff should stay in the 2019 thread though.

Review please Eanna. And I just thought that so few posts coming in that some posters may miss stuff on this thread if posted next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 larkie

One memory that just popped into mind was seeing all the gold sparkle around the toilet seat rim in one of the loos and wondering when is enough sparkle enough

Em lads everyone has to do a review....it’s mandatory...

• Advertisement

larkie wrote: »
    One memory that just popped into mind was seeing all the gold sparkle around the toilet seat rim in one of the loos and wondering when is enough sparkle enough

The answer is never :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Aren't all those glitter/sparkley things horrible for the environment?

Aren't all those glitter/sparkley things horrible for the environment?

They are, but would you believe eco friendly glitter is a thing now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

but jesus 18 yoyos for 3 cans of heineken at that stage...., i nearly had a heart attack...
    Just mustard were excellent, some great acts there but too much out of away to nip back and forth from EA or Rankins regularly
    missed Sports Team and Yonaka there as a result

I missed Let's Eat Grandma there .. Did anyone see that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

endainoz wrote: »
    They are, but would you believe eco friendly glitter is a thing now!

Fabulous, i shall replace my talc powder with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,985 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

i did. Caught about 20 mins or so

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Yeah, they were ace. One of them got into the audience for a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

Just received an email with a loyalty code for 3 or more picnics!

Three or More Picnics Loyalty Offer
    Electric Picnic returns to Stradbally Co. Laois from Friday 4 – Sunday 6 September 2020.

In recognition of the fantastic support and the wonderful times that Electric Picnic and its followers have had together we'd like to reward our longstanding fans with a Loyalty Discount between Saturday 7 September at 09:00 and Sunday 29 September at midnight.

You are receiving this email because we have a record that you purchased 3 or more previous Electric Picnics and are eligible to get your Weekend Camping tickets at an incredible price of E170 until Sunday 29 September.

To purchase your tickets at this amazing price please click Find Tickets at 09:00 on Saturday 7 September and enter the code provided below on the Weekend Camping, Weekend Family or Instalments event to pick up your tickets.

Same! Guess I’ve to join the 2020 thread now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Reded

This time last week beers were being had.... I’m still weeping found this week very tough - toughest ever I think! Anyone get to the techno toaster van in trailer park- was great craic! KKC intro was great on Sunday aft EA

Advertisement