Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Reded

This time last week beers were being had.... I’m still weeping found this week very tough - toughest ever I think! Anyone get to the techno toaster van in trailer park- was great craic! KKC intro was great on Sunday aft EA

• Registered Users Posts: 18,983 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

The email says

"-The full discount is available to customers who have attended any 3 previous Picnics. Three of one type of proof mentioned below or any combination from different years of proofs of purchase and/or attendance will be required.

.Email address on booking
    .Home address on booking
    .Phone number on booking linked to same email
    .Bank statement showing debit for ticket (Security details etc. can be blanked out so just the name/address and Electric Picnic purchase show).
    .Photos of customer on site which indicate different year e.g. if two photos then they should have changed slightly in appearance, hair style, age and so forth.
    .Screen shots of Facebook or other social media showing messages or pictures supporting the claim.
    .Wristbands or ticket stubs
    .Official Programmes or year marked merchandise.
    .Travel or local (to festival) accommodation receipt (dated).

-Customers wishing to purchase from Ticketmaster outlets should bring along any of the above 3 forms of proof in order to avail of the discount."

so that would indicate that you have to turn up in person, yet the email says

"To purchase your tickets at this amazing price please click Find Tickets at 09:00 on Saturday 7 September and enter the code provided below on the Weekend Camping, Weekend Family or Instalments event to pick up your tickets"

That seems to say you can buy online with the code?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭endainoz

Seathrun66 wrote:
    Review please Eanna. And I just thought that so few posts coming in that some posters may miss stuff on this thread if posted next week.

Alright then seen as you insisted!

So my groups EP started with a hotel stay in Port Laoise on the Thursday night to make it a nice short trip to Stradbally on Friday morning, early entry might be considered in the future but hard to beat that hotel shower before hitting the road.

Getting in was relatively ok, some savvy sat naving got us on to the N80 to the green entrance pretty handy and off we went for pink moon, got set up for about 1pm, the cans commenced.

Like many here our group went into Billie Eilish, huge crowd. We normally hang around the big tree on the left of main stage due to being close to the toilets and bar. It's also never really that crazy busy down there. Billie was fantastic, didn't hang around for Dermot Kennedy as his voice irritates the hell out of me. Had some nice cocktails in body and soul and them went to see a bit of Hozier. I am a fan of his and he always puts on a decent show from what I see. From Eden being a particular highlight.

At this point things were getting a little blurry and normally I'd just decide I was too hammered and go back to the tent to chill. Not this year though! Went for the fantastic village hall in global green for robot rock. They were so much fun! I'm sure a few boards people were there too. After all that was over myself and the couple of crew still awake went on a big wandering adventure around the place, checked out Freetown (which was closed) Trenchtown, a bit of rave in the woods, Salty Dog, Hazelwood and then back to pink moon. By now it was nearly 4am and the rain was started so time for bed, epic first day!

Saturday started hand enough, first can was opened before 10am and we started asvwr ment to go on. We tried to get into blindboys podcast but it was too crazy. First music was the bootleg beach boys which were a great way to start the day in trailer park. We stayed around trailer park for a while, making the yearly visit to my lovely ranch. So many cute rescue dogs and a goat! Who I had a chat with at the bar. His name was Francie. It's a place I love visiting and obviously donating to as well. Was happy to pick up a hoodie there on Sunday too. Caught a little bit of bingo loco out of curiosity and then off to Terminus to see Kneecap on a big stage and they did not disappoint! I've been mad about these guys since I saw them in Doolin last June and I had to see them again. They were fantastic, genuinely looked like they were having so much fun up there and genuinely suprised with the crowd that turned up.

Did a bit more wandering around the place and headed back to trailer park to catch Interskalactic who are always consistent at what they do. We then went back out to Freetown to check out uproot hootenanny at Spike Island. When we walked into a bluegrass version of American Girl by Tom Petty I knew we were in for a treat! Randomly met a guy I knew who smuggled in poteen in little holy water bottles, was lovely. Apparently Cork poteen is great stuff. The lads from Hermitage Green got up and sang aul triangle, got a bit flustered before the last verse so I kindly prompted them, seemed to work! I then broke away from the group and had to check out the Strokes. The music was played beautifully, Julian's talking wore on me a little. It's not that I didn't find it funny, he just dragged on a little. A bit like Florence the next night. Not much to report after the Strokes, was pretty exhausted and was quite sick of young lads off their head hitting into me at the main stage so hit the hay before 2am.

Sunday began quite relaxed, probably chilled in pink moon for a good couple of hours. First act we had seen were KKC in EA. The mass part was brilliant, really enjoyed it. I still can't believe that 18 months ago I had not heard of them! Checked out a bit of Razorlight, meh they didn't do much for me. Heard Golden Touch, was enough for me. Did a little bit more wandering, saw a good bit of the Academic in the today fm stage while keeping an eye on the All Ireland.

We then checked out the last half an hour or so of Johnny Marr, was sorry I wasn't there for the whole show! He was brilliant and he led into probably the best pleasantly suprising act of the weekend: Richard Ashcroft. Loved every bit of his set, had never heard Bittersweet Symphony live before, it was really special. As was luck man, a real treat.

I can't for the life of me remember what happened between here and Florence but things were getting a bit blurry again. It was probably more cocktails in body and soul. That dark and stormy place made fair money out of me all weekend. And so we went to check out Florence, crowd seemed crazy here but we got down to our usual spot near the tree and it was fine. It was my third of fourth time seeing her, great performance, quite preachy and it was more like, ok grand come on and sing the friggin song. Good show though, enjoyed it.

I was convinced by two friends to go see KKC in body and soul, before they started got to check out a bit of the haunt which was always fun, unfortunately heard no trad that time. King Kong was rammed, kinda dangerously rammed so we stuck it out for about a half an hour. I preferred the EA show from earlier anyway. And so they was pretty much the end of it.

Phew it was fun trying to recollect my thoughts a full week after the event. I had a fantastic time this year. One of the better picnics I've been to. I'll definitely be going again, eagerly awaiting my loyalty code to be emailed to me, though I didn't buy officially this year so hopefully we'll have enough in the crew between us. Might even upgrade our pink moon arrangements for 2020. Thanks for reading, and sorry I forgot to upload BDs photos, my bad!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭JustMe,K

Um, anyone know what we are supposed to do if our offer codes are wrong? I've been given a 2 or more code even though my last tickets were for 3 or more!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Ky_mc

JustMe,K wrote: »
    Um, anyone know what we are supposed to do if our offer codes are wrong? I've been given a 2 or more code even though my last tickets were for 3 or more!

try giving ticketmaster a call and see if they will give you the right one..

• Advertisement

Ky_mc wrote: »
    try giving ticketmaster a call and see if they will give you the right one..

I havent been able to get through to them at all. I was hoping there was another sneaky way :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

endainoz wrote: »
    I was convinced by two friends to go see KKC in body and soul, before they started got to check out a bit of the haunt which was always fun, unfortunately heard no trad that time. King Kong was rammed, kinda dangerously rammed so we stuck it out for about a half an hour. I preferred the EA show from earlier anyway. And so they was pretty much the end of it.
    How does the hilly part of B&S hold up when it's so packed? Surely there's people falling all over the place?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

I havent been able to get through to them at all. I was hoping there was another sneaky way :pac:

Twitter is generally a good way. Always get a prompt reply

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

No code for me , got turned down but I’ve been to 7 :( poxy ****ers

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Not being smart but be glad u got one at all . Loads of regular attendees got none going by the 2020 thread , myself included

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭bergipau

No code for me , got turned down but I’ve been to 7 :( poxy ****ers

Ive been to 12 or 13 and also got turned down.
    I look at my online ticketmaster account and it has tickets for every year going back to 2013.
    They are not answering the phones either...... Gawd I hate TM.

Not being smart but be glad u got one at all . Loads of regular attendees got none going by the 2020 thread , myself included

Check your pms

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Dalkeybabe

I haven't received a loyalty code despite attending EP since 2007. My BIL got none last year & he's been going since 2005.
    Can you just ring Ticketmaster & ask for a CODE?

BaZmO* wrote:
    How does the hilly part of B&S hold up when it's so packed? Surely there's people falling all over the place?

The hill itself wasn't too bad, people were being careful but the upper area where we were was very busy. I didn't feel for my safety or anything but I am fairly good in big crowds like that, I could totally understand how lots of others wouldn't be though. There were the few idiots that didnt stand up when there were huge crowds around them and then getting angry because some small amount of booze splashed on them. I hadn't experienced 'late' night Sunday body and soul before, it was interesting.

Dalkeybabe wrote:
    I haven't received a loyalty code despite attending EP since 2007. My BIL got none last year & he's been going since 2005. Can you just ring Ticketmaster & ask for a CODE?

By any chance is your email address the same as your screen name? That might explain it!

Seriously though, did you apply for the early birds this year? I got none last year and got mine today so it seems a bit random. But I'd get on to TM before close of business, they would find any excuse not to give it to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Dalkeybabe

Um, anyone know what we are supposed to do if our offer codes are wrong? I've been given a 2 or more code even though my last tickets were for 3 or more![/QUOTE

That happened to my BIL a couple of years ago & he rang them up & tore a strip off them & they sent on the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

bergipau wrote: »
    Ive been to 12 or 13 and also got turned down.
    I look at my online ticketmaster account and it has tickets for every year going back to 2013.
    They are not answering the phones either...... Gawd I hate TM.
    Dalkeybabe wrote: »
    I haven't received a loyalty code despite attending EP since 2007. My BIL got none last year & he's been going since 2005.
    Can you just ring Ticketmaster & ask for a CODE?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111186070&postcount=247

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

First of all, if you didn’t get a 2020 code, DM’ing TMHelp On Twitter seems to be working for some people.

Now, my review... been a LOOOONG few days since and still in recovery but if I’m going to post anything I better get on with it....

Overall, a super weekend with the new areas helping spread people out. Smuggling the odd can was easy enough too. Lots of great music even if I don’t think any of them make onto my all time greats list

Friday
    Arrival - Directed to red, should have driven through it to green but walk up the road wasn’t the worst
    First cans at the Pink Moon tents - Awesome as always
    These Charming Men - good craic with the extra bonus of meeting a bunch of folk on here, all of whom seemed totally sound. Great to put some faces to names
    Billie Eilish - thoroughly enjoyed this, as she seemed to
    Jerry Fish tent DJs - was in here a lot on Friday, before and after Amelie Lens. Seven Inch Collective and some others. Had an excellent time
    Amelie Lens - this was peak fog of the night for me. Wish I could remember more of it!
    Finished off the night with some more dancing in Jerry Fish and then Body and Soul but with the rain didn’t last too much longer

Saturday
    Breakfast - Home Fries from Trailer Park. An old reliable, great as always
    Bootleg Beach Boys - feels like lots of us were at this. Enjoyed it well enough but not as much as TCM
    Freda Ridings - Didn’t really float my boat
    Kneecap - Immense. What a fun gig. Crowd so into them
    DJ Seinfeld - My favorite electronic act of the weekend. Would have loved this set to be on 3 or 4 hours later. Coming after Kneecap with both in the Terminus tent, made one of the best parts of my weekend.
    Yves Tumor - for a while there, wasn’t sure he was going to start or might be in bad form but things warmed up and it turned into one of the more unique acts of my EP 2020.
    Sons of Kemet - Only caught 20 minutes but really enjoyed what I saw. Would go see them if they were playing Dublin for sure.
    Four Tet - Thought this was an excellent set, kept my attention the whole way through. No light show was fine with me
    Kelly Anne Byrne - Was quote excited for this but ended up just being too tired too really get in it. Off to bed to get ready for Sunday

Sunday
    Yonaka - crazy that these guys only got a short early set at the 3 Made by Music stage. Still put huge energy into the set, great gig. If they keep on making music, expect to see them in Rankins Wood/EA in 2021 and main stage 2 years later.
    Razorlight - mainly saw these as I’d just got a Kinara Kitchen and my mate fancied a seat in the stands while eating it. Nothing special, nothing awful
    Johnny Marr - LOVED the Smiths songs. Special. A bit less into the rest of it than others on here
    Richard Ashcroft - Quite enjoyed most of this then Bittersweet Symphony was totally savage. Thought he and his band seemed really into playing together, and the gig itself by the end. Special word for Sasami whom I left as the tent was Sooooooo Empty - the two songs I was there for good
    Let’s Eat Grandma - LOVED IT. Probably my gig of the weekend. They’re pretty unique in the style of what they do. Can’t wait to see what they do next
    Mitski - Have the feeling that this would have been my gig of the weekend if the sound had been up to snuff. It wasn’t. Still enjoyable but not what it could have been
    Courtney Barnett - Super. So much more loud and rocking than I expected. Tons of great songs played with real heart. Great to have a gig like this towards the end of the weekend
    Maya Jane Coles - Up there with DJ Seinfeld as my dance my socks off moment of the weekend. Given the crowds at KKC, was happy enough to stay here and catch up with my mates later
    Gaudi - Aside from dancing on the slope of the hill which was very tricky given my fragile physical and mental state at this stage of the weekend, it was a lovely way to round things off. There’s something special about the BnS main stage, so was delighted at how enjoyable I found this after not really getting into Kelly Anne Byrne the night before.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Ficcss

Has anyone stayed in the sheds with pod pads in pink moon? How much do they cost can't seem to find it anywhere and is it worth it? Are they comfortable??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Folks I have a 2+ festival code that I'm not gonna be using tomorrow if anyone wants to PM me for it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Folks I have a 2+ festival code that I'm not gonna be using tomorrow if anyone wants to PM me for it?

Legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Poorside wrote: »
    Legend.
    :D Happy to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,983 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Don't want to be "that guy" but if anyone has a spare code I would appreciate it.

*smashes smoke bomb and disappears*

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭bergipau

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    :D Happy to help.

I'll raise a can at the SD for our fallen comrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Scoobydooo

I'll raise a can at the SD for our fallen comrade.

Would really appreciate a PM with any code going also, out of the country tomorrow so can't make my way to a kiosk to show proof.

Ok my review

Highs
    Kinara kitchen BBQ combi, outstanding

Okish
    Mr. Pieman, had no mushy peas, bit let down but still good.

Strange but brilliant
    Eating Gin paint in the Gin garden

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Highs
    Kinara kitchen BBQ combi, outstanding/QUOTE]

Agreed - outstanding. As was their Khat a Khat thing

Highs
    Kinara kitchen BBQ combi, outstanding/QUOTE]

Agreed - outstanding. As was their Khat a Khat thing

Missus, had that, twas unreal.

Just looking back at a few pics and videos while having a left over can, Johnny doing Depeche Mode was unreal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Ok my review

Highs
    Kinara kitchen BBQ combi, outstanding

Okish
    Mr. Pieman, had no mushy peas, bit let down but still good.

Strange but brilliant
    Eating Gin paint in the Gin garden
    The gin garden, you say? And there was me thinking I'd explored the site thoroughly.

Advertisement