Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer (Dublin) 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭solidasarock

Excellent - well done.

Did you let them know you have to give 4 weeks?

With me, the HR from the dept rang me to arrange a suitable start date.

I'd advise you wait until you've have that conversation with your new HR dept. before you had in your notice.

Good luck with it all!
    Tigs.

Oh I will totally wait.

I will have to have "the talk" with my supervisor on Tuesday as he wasnt there on Friday. Should be fun.

PAS just wants to contact a reference, then they will pass me along to the department and then we can talk on start dates and stuff. My PAS contact seems to understand. I went from a temp contract to a perm contract at work in the months since the campaign started so that makes it a little awkward.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭2016claire

Hi all, quick question for anyone who was assigned with the Guards has anyone heard anything yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,659 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Oh I will totally wait.

I will have to have "the talk" with my supervisor on Tuesday as he wasnt there on Friday. Should be fun.

PAS just wants to contact a reference, then they will pass me along to the department and then we can talk on start dates and stuff. My PAS contact seems to understand. I went from a temp contract to a perm contract at work in the months since the campaign started so that makes it a little awkward.

You have to do what's best for you. Am sure most employers would understand that once you give the minimum notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 King Leer

Hi all, where is everybody placed on the panel? I was told that I'm 103 - does anyone have any idea how long it might take to fill all those positions before it gets down that far? :eek:

Finally got my starter pack from the department and I am not sure they have me on the correct pay scale?

The one in the starter pack is using this pay scale from October 2018 which goes.... €23,338 €24,865 €25,254 €26,010

https://circulars.gov.ie/pdf/circular/per/2018/16.pdf

But shouldn't I be on this one dated January 2019 which goes €23,572 €25,114 €25,507 €26,270

https://circulars.gov.ie/pdf/circular/per/2018/20.pdf

Which is correct?

Even on public jobs it lists the starting salary as €23,572 so maybe the department just copy + pasted the older payscale ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Dublintigger

Finally got my starter pack from the department and I am not sure they have me on the correct pay scale?

The one in the starter pack is using this pay scale from October 2018 which goes.... €23,338 €24,865 €25,254 €26,010

https://circulars.gov.ie/pdf/circular/per/2018/16.pdf

But shouldn't I be on this one dated January 2019 which goes €23,572 €25,114 €25,507 €26,270

https://circulars.gov.ie/pdf/circular/per/2018/20.pdf

Which is correct?

Even on public jobs it lists the starting salary as €23,572 so maybe the department just copy + pasted the older payscale ?

I queried my pay rate with my Department HR and my was corrected €23,572 and I'm now on the correct rate.
    Don't forget there is a 1.5% payrise due in September and thats where the confusion re pay is.

I queried my pay rate with my Department HR and my was corrected €23,572 and I'm now on the correct rate.
    Don't forget there is a 1.5% payrise due in September and thats where the confusion re pay is.

So before I sent a email to HR, I should be on the one starting at €23,572 right?

So before I sent a email to HR, I should be on the one starting at €23,572 right?

I believe so.... but if you dont ask.... you won't know. The argument I used was that I was a tco before a co

• Registered Users Posts: 25 little mrs

Ciabris wrote: »
    I was interviewed yesterday morning. After interview I was told to wait in results waiting room. The department of agriculture, food & marine had a stand there and asked would I be interested to work at Dublin Port if I was successful with my interview result. They are seeking to fill a lot of port inspector roles before October for Brexit. After a short wait, I was handed a brown envelope with my interview results - I have been assigned to AGS (an Garda Síochána). Anyone else been assigned to this department?

I'm a tco in AGS. Absolutely love it. Went for this interview and got Revenue. Really don't want to leave AGS. And I'm near home. Revenue would be really far for me to travel. Still weighing up my options.
    It's takes quite a while to get all the Garda vetting done for AGS as there are 3 strands of vetting... Normally only 1. Took me 4 months but everyone is different. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Hydration

Got an email today from PublicJobs.ie saying Clerical Officer vacancies have arisen in the Department of Agriculture, Food & the Marine as a Clerical Officer Portal Inspector (COPI). Apply by 12 noon on Friday, 30th August 2019. Should you express an interest in the above position and/or attend for interview, you will no longer be considered for other vacancies that may arise throughout the course of the Clerical Officer 2019 competition.

Anybody else get this? Would it be worth applying for or is there a likelihood that other Clerical Officer vacancies will be available from other departments in the coming months?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jock 1

Yep got that message, they apparently are trying to get loads of inspectors in place for brexit, it’s just a pity it’s in the port too far away for me and it’s shift which doesn’t suit me at the moment with two young kids. Would be a good one for someone with no family commitments as there is a shift allowance

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

Did everyone get the email about portal inspectors? Sounds interesting and it's somewhat related to my current job. Is there anyone else considering it?

Does anyone have an idea as when the next C/Officer campaign will be?

Will there be another one this year or will it be next year?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 46 blackro12345

Staph wrote: »
    Did everyone get the email about portal inspectors? Sounds interesting and it's somewhat related to my current job. Is there anyone else considering it?

Hi yeah I emailed them back with an expression of interest. Did you go for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭LittleMissRed

So my initial 12 weeks for the clearance process for AGS were up this week and I emailed to ask if they could give an estimate of how much longer it might take (I explained that I knew it could take longer than the 12 weeks but just wanted an idea of where it was at). I got a reply saying they are just waiting on my papers from PAS and when they get them they'll be in touch to discuss location and start date.
    So... I was wondering if anyone else who has been at this point knew if this part happened swiftly enough or if it would be worth my while to email PAS to get an update from their end (and give them a gentle nudge!)? Also, does anyone know if I was to email PAS would I just use the 'clearance' email address to contact them?

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

Hi yeah I emailed them back with an expression of interest. Did you go for it?

Yes, I emailed them too.

I hear another payscale is being introduced in September?

Any idea if thats true and whats the change?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Don’t think it’s a new pay scale. Over the past 18 months existing civil servants have been receiving ‘pay restoration’ and there have been 2 or 3 increases of 1% or so. Think the next one is due in September or October so I think that might be what you mean. I’m not sure how it works with new recruits.

So my initial 12 weeks for the clearance process for AGS were up this week and I emailed to ask if they could give an estimate of how much longer it might take (I explained that I knew it could take longer than the 12 weeks but just wanted an idea of where it was at). I got a reply saying they are just waiting on my papers from PAS and when they get them they'll be in touch to discuss location and start date.
    So... I was wondering if anyone else who has been at this point knew if this part happened swiftly enough or if it would be worth my while to email PAS to get an update from their end (and give them a gentle nudge!)? Also, does anyone know if I was to email PAS would I just use the 'clearance' email address to contact them?

Hi, i think is good idea to email PAS as they will do the reference checking once the ref's are done then they will pass your details to AGS so they will contact you with strating date and location

2016claire wrote: »
    Hi, i think is good idea to email PAS as they will do the reference checking once the ref's are done then they will pass your details to AGS so they will contact you with strating date and location

Thanks for that. Have you had any update yet?

• Advertisement

Thanks for that. Have you had any update yet?

Hi, yeah they have my ref checked out last week, i should know more next week, just starting date and Location is the last step

2016claire wrote: »
    Hi, yeah they have my ref checked out last week, i should know more next week, just starting date and Location is the last step

Ah that’s great, I’m glad things are moving along for you know. I’ll email PAS later and hopefully hear something soon!

Hydration wrote: »
    Got an email today from PublicJobs.ie saying Clerical Officer vacancies have arisen in the Department of Agriculture, Food & the Marine as a Clerical Officer Portal Inspector (COPI). Apply by 12 noon on Friday, 30th August 2019. Should you express an interest in the above position and/or attend for interview, you will no longer be considered for other vacancies that may arise throughout the course of the Clerical Officer 2019 competition.

Anybody else get this? Would it be worth applying for or is there a likelihood that other Clerical Officer vacancies will be available from other departments in the coming months?

Anybody get an email today from PublicJobs.ie about interviews?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 blackro12345

Anybody get an email today from PublicJobs.ie about interviews?

My interview is next Thursday. Did you get a date?

My interview is next Thursday. Did you get a date?

Yeah I am next Thursday also.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 callum21

I have my interview next Wednesday for the Clerical Officer Portal Inspector 2019 (Dublin). 

There is a possibility of shift work, did you guys hear more about this?

Also stupid question 🙈 but I got a letter for garda vetting, do we do this before we go? Or do we fill it out and give it to them? Again apologies for the stupid question,

Thank you in advance.

callum21 wrote: »
    I have my interview next Wednesday for the Clerical Officer Portal Inspector 2019 (Dublin). 

There is a possibility of shift work, did you guys hear more about this?

Also stupid question �� but I got a letter for garda vetting, do we do this before we go? Or do we fill it out and give it to them? Again apologies for the stupid question,

Thank you in advance.

Yeah I heard that there was shift work but did not get any garda vetting letter. Was this sent to you through the post or through the publicjobs.ie website?

Yeah I heard that there was shift work but did not get any garda vetting letter. Was this sent to you through the post or through the publicjobs.ie website?

Thanks for the reply, sorry through public jobs, so on the email that has your date and time for interview, there is a blank Garda vetting form.

Dont know if I'm to have this done by next Wednesday or fill it out and give it to them.

Thanks for the reply, sorry through public jobs, so on the email that has your date and time for interview, there is a blank Garda vetting form.

Dont know if I'm to have this done by next Wednesday or fill it out and give it to them.

Sorry so I just read it, and there is parts to be completed by PAS so obviously you bring it with you. Should have read it the first time.

Best of luck next week.

• Advertisement

Sorry so I just read it, and there is parts to be completed by PAS so obviously you bring it with you. Should have read it the first time.

Best of luck next week.

Best of luck to you also, let us know how you get on next Wednesday.

Advertisement