Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor McGregor thread (MMA Talk Only - Read 1st Post Before Posting)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

A national embarrassment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

The Nal wrote: »
    Blurred bit says "and your two abandoned autistic boys".

Not doubting you but do you have an un-blurred screenshot? Or how did you find this out? Can't seem to find the unedited version anywhere

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

He has form for this type of ****e

He dm the below to Blindboy from The Rubberbandits
    Be very careful speaking on my name without full facts. Are you assuming I’m to be shot soon with your Tupac reference? By your response it seems that way. I respect you and your opinions regarding the treatment of Irish people by our own Government. I have listened to many of your talks.

But do not ever speak my name in this disrespectful vein again.

You are a man with a bag on his head, don’t get left in it.

After Blindboy said
    Conor McGregor reminds me of Tupac near the end. Tupac was hanging around, living up to his gangster image, even though he made his millions

https://www.balls.ie/mma/conor-mcgregor-message-to-blindboy-386965

• Registered Users Posts: 12,464 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

dulux99 wrote: »
    Not doubting you but do you have an un-blurred screenshot? Or how did you find this out? Can't seem to find the unedited version anywhere

Here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭str8talkingguy

Here

If he thinks he's abandoned the two kids what use would threatening their lives be,more he's just threatening him himself while referencing that he has dumped his two kids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Here

FFS... Wouldn't you think he'd keep the head down for a few days atleast after all his supposed contrition speaking to helwani.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

First fight for zuffa boxing?

Angling for a boxing match? What a promoter!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Well, that didn't last too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,348 ✭✭✭Homelander

I genuinely don't understand how he acts so utterly braindead at times. It goes way beyond just being drunk/high. No matter what people actually say, clearly he's plenty smart when he choses to be, it's more like he just doesn't give a **** anymore, despite the various half-baked apologies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭fitzparker

I think its fake lads, the first one where he comments on the post it has 1 like in 3 minutes, Conor usually has 1000 likes in 3 minutes.

the second then of the PM's. how would someone get hold of Conor's account? if its possibleto hake there be much more juicier things in it and not just release one about luke Keeler

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

Homelander wrote: »
    I genuinely don't understand how he acts so utterly braindead at times. It goes way beyond just being drunk/high. No matter what people actually say, clearly he's plenty smart when he choses to be, it's more like he just doesn't give a **** anymore, despite the various half-baked apologies.

Tbh I’ve never been a massive fan of Conor but you can’t help but feel a great element of sorrow, disappointment and anger at how he conducts himself.

Children look up to him. His whole story about coming from nothing means f*** all as be it is like he hasn’t learned a thing.

He is embarrassing himself, his family and his country. Somebody needs to send him this video so he can remember what he used to be - an inspiration to young children in Ireland (and the world) going through the daily struggles of life:
    https://youtu.be/yLhc1M-l51Q

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

fitzparker wrote: »
    I think its fake lads, the first one where he comments on the post it has 1 like in 3 minutes, Conor usually has 1000 likes in 3 minutes.

the second then of the PM's. how would someone get hold of Conor's account? if its possibleto hake there be much more juicier things in it and not just release one about luke Keeler

Your sent messages are on the right, received are on the left. It's a screenshot from Keelers side.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

A really bad human

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Wonder how Ali would have got on in this social media age........by all accounts he was not a 'nice man' either and a bully behind it all

I don't know, what are people holding McGregor up against as regards our sporting personalities or otherwise............he's not a Brian 0'Driscoll or a Robbie Keane and never has been ..............the world he participates in is just a different animal altogether

sonofenoch wrote: »
    Wonder how Ali would have got on in this social media age........by all accounts he was not a 'nice man' either and a bully behind it all

Thats not true.
    I don't know, what are people holding McGregor up against as regards our sporting personalities or otherwise............he's not a Brian 0'Driscoll or a Robbie Keane and never has been ..............the world he participates in is just a different animal altogether

Yeah but people don't want to see some bog standard knacker representing the country. You can meet them every Friday and Saturday night outside Texas Fried Chicken in Crumlin shopping centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Thats not true.

Yeah but people don't want to see some bog standard knacker representing the country. You can meet them every Friday and Saturday night outside Texas Fried Chicken in Crumlin shopping centre.

You can say that.....but there is the other side too, the fotos/autographs with fans and kids .....there is the charitable work, not the actions of your bog standard knacker

We can all agree he's not the perfect individual, can't we? but who is

and lets be honest.....most on here didn't like him anyway even when he was at the top, they were waiting for the fall and now they're seemingly getting it have no intention of letting go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

He hit a sitting old man a sly dig and slagged two disabled children by the looks of things.
    Hope he had all his money invested in his hairspray and it tanks.

You can say that.....but there is the other side too, the fotos/autographs with fans and kids .....there is the charitable work, not the actions of your bog standard knacker

and lets be honest.....most on here didn't like him anyway even when he was at the top, they were waiting for the fall and now they're seemingly getting it have no intention of letting go

I knew dozens of Conor McGregors from Crumlin, Drimnagh, Greenhills, Tallaght etc growing up. Nice fellas usually but when it came to any altercations, even slight, they turned into total dickheads and the first reaction is to throw a dig or threaten someone. Loved regressing to street behaviour at the drop of a hat. Crumlin and Drimnagh are particularly bad for pathetic gangster wannabes.

People usually grow out of that after their teens though.

People still defend him. I cant get your thought process . Vile human

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Think it's time to dip out of here for a while until everyone gets tired of reminding us that they don't like him, repeatedly. Like the MMA version of vegans.

Hopefully a fight gets announced soon so we'll actually have something to talk about.

People still defend him. I cant get your thought process . Vile human

In fairness he hasn't done anything that bad. Compare him to much loved boxers for example. Foremans hobby basically in the 70s was to beat up women, Mayweather too., Mike Tyson raped someone.

McGregor has had a few silly things here and there which make him look like a small time thug but hardly worthy of all the hate.

In fairness he hasn't done anything that bad. Compare him to much loved boxers for example. Foremans hobby basically in the 70s was to beat up women, Mayweather too., Mike Tyson raped someone.

McGregor has had a few silly things here and there which make him look like a small time thug but hardly worthy of all the hate.

I wont comment on that

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Mmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 20,529 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Absolute nonsense and actually probably how he thinks and why he keeps F*cking up ,

It's is a very child like view of things , take your mistakes and compare them to people who have made worse mistakes to validate yourself ,

He's a former two weight world champion and assaulted an old man for no reason and to make it worse sucker punched him , Its very very low ,

Absolute nonsense and actually probably how he thinks and why he keeps F*cking up ,

It's is a very child like view of things , take your mistakes and compare them to people who have made worse mistakes to validate yourself ,

He's a former two weight world champion and assaulted an old man for no reason and to make it worse sucker punched him , Its very very low ,

Yup I agree. A cowardly thing to do. Classless. Scum. Not defending him for that and I'm not a blind McGregor fanboy either. He needs to do better.

Hes not Hitler either though.

Yup I agree. A cowardly thing to do. Classless. Scum. Not defending him for that and I'm not a blind McGregor fanboy either. He needs to do better.

Hes not Hitler either though.

I don't think he can do better, I'm afraid its jus the type of fella he is,

Does the interview to make himself feel better about the whole situation and say's how he is constantly trying to change and better himself and the next day is sending messages about someone's kids ,

Weve all heard the multiply stories about him they all can't be lies .
    The guys just a scrote with money you can't buy class,

He's in his 30's with two kids and goes on like a 15 year old ,

He's in his 30's with two kids and goes on like a 15 year old ,

Thats the sad thing yeah. Morto for him in that regard.

Thats the sad thing yeah. Morto for him in that regard.

It'll be interesting to see where he goes from here, as much as I don't like the guy as a person I'd still want to see him do well in MMA,

• Advertisement

It'll be interesting to see where he goes from here, as much as I don't like the guy as a person I'd still want to see him do well in MMA,

Yes no issue with people separating the mma fighter to the person . Its people that defend him as a person just cause they love to see him fight that grates.

Advertisement