Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor McGregor thread (MMA Talk Only - Read 1st Post Before Posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

The only difference between Jones and McGregor for me is that Jones still fights and for a period of time his fighting performance overshadoows what an abysmal piece of **** he is as a person.

When I hear of Proper 12 now the image I will have is of McGregor forcing old men in a pub to drink it and punching one of them for refusing.

Some advertisement..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

First time actually watching the clip, holy **** he absolutely smashed him in the side of the head. I was expecting more of a push/slap.

Should be spending a few months in jail.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ElBastardo1

Havent heard such sanctimonious crap since tiger woods got found out for being a horn dog. He clipped a lad in a pub on the tail end of a bender...happens a thousand times every weekend in ireland. Broke some twats phone at 5 in the morning in florida. Who cares. Get the fella back in the octagon and prove all these tools wronf

My god....

Pro Fighter hits a member of the public for no reason and smashed a lads phone for no reason and that's ok?

He also claims in his interview he needs to stop falling for the bait.... WTF is he talking about? I've seen both videos and there was absolutley no provocation. The lad with the phone did what 1000's of ppl do to him. Mcgregor encouraged all this and now he wants none of it. Hope he does time for the assault, doubt he will though.

I think when he's referring to trying to make ammends, I think he's trying to get to grips with the porblems he may have with a certain white product.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,970 ✭✭✭✭rob316

It was a slick promo that's all, maybe he's sorry I couldn't really tell.

If he's serious about his legacy and coming back, prove it. And the fight to prove it is Holloway at 145, the ultimate commitment to make that weight again and become the champion again of where it all started.

He has no claim to any fight against Khabib currently, the winner of that fight has to fight Ferguson.

It's all hot air though, it's damage control to protect his "businesses"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

My god....

Pro Fighter hits a member of the public for no reason and smashed a lads phone for no reason and that's ok?

He also claims in his interview he needs to stop falling for the bait.... WTF is he talking about? I've seen both videos and there was absolutley no provocation. The lad with the phone did what 1000's of ppl do to him. Mcgregor encouraged all this and now he wants none of it. Hope he does time for the assault, doubt he will though.

I think when he's referring to trying to make ammends, I think he's trying to get to grips with the porblems he may have with a certain white product.

I think its being blown out of proportion

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Joe Kane

That interview is cringe. Crying over being ignored for over a year by Ariel & the UFC in general. He's bollixed now, he's game finally caught up with him. Show's as good as over,

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

The bully Conor is a class A clown, total embarrassment to this country. I had a lot of respect for the guy at the start to come from nothing and advance onto the world stage with his ability. However the more he has come on the worse he has become and giving a true glimpse of his true character.

He ego is massive and the fact an elderly man turned down his crap whiskey hurt him badly so he retaliated in the only way he knows how, then months later delivers what I believe is the most insincere apology i have ever seen. This clown deserves to spend time behind bars for assault, he has a track record of being unstable.

As for his whiskey, i wouldn't scrub my footpath with that trash.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭RoryMac

rob316 wrote: »
    It was a slick promo that's all, maybe he's sorry I couldn't really tell.

If he's serious about his legacy and coming back, prove it. And the fight to prove it is Holloway at 145, the ultimate commitment to make that weight again and become the champion again of where it all started.

He has no claim to any fight against Khabib currently, the winner of that fight has to fight Ferguson.

It's all hot air though, it's damage control to protect his "businesses"

It's only slick if it's believable which it's not.

As you said it's just an attempt to protect his business interests. It's hard to see the whiskey being a long term thing, once he's out of the limelight it'll just be an overpriced average whiskey. It's hard to imagine it's making huge money at the minute anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Doff wrote: »
    The only difference between Jones and McGregor for me is that Jones still fights and for a period of time his fighting performance overshadoows what an abysmal piece of **** he is as a person.

Well.. in fairness...Jones is a renowned drugs cheat and has been caught numerous times. Their outside the cage behaviour is similar but you can't ignore Jones Ped use

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Is it really that big a deal? Everyone has just turned into an angel. Butter wouldn't melt in your mouth.

Sucker punching a man near twice his age as they were sat on a stool is a big deal for sure and he's lucky the man didn't fall and hit his head or something as being hit by surprise often results in the person sustaining more injuries from the fall than the actual punch itself. A recent example of that.

For me these photos say it all. McGregor looks healthy and together and less than 20 or so hours later he looks gaunt and strung out. It's like his 10 year older junkie brother borrowed his clothes from the night before....

mcgm.jpg

I think it's quite obvious an anger problem is not what McGregor's issue is and nor has it ever been. The question is can he live his life without that which has caused him all his issues (or at least most of them) and only he knows that. Maybe he needs to take a leaf out of Nate's book, literally, and only indulge in that which is unlikely to end his life prematurely.

As a fan of him as a fighter I hope he can do it but have to say I am not as much a fan of him as a person as I once was, like back in the days of classic Embedded episodes and hilarious interviews were his appreciation of all he was achieving was very much apparent. Hopefully we will see that McGregor again. I have no doubt it's possible. Just with all that has gone on with the bus incident and this recent assault, I'm just not all that sure it's probable.

Everyone loves a comeback though and I hope he means it when he says that he wants to earn people's respect again as that's just what he has to do. On many levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Is it really that big a deal? Everyone has just turned into an angel. Butter wouldn't melt in your mouth.

It's a disgrace I say.......now lets get back to frothing at the mouth watching a man beat another man to a bloody pulp in the octagon :D

sonofenoch wrote: »
    It's a disgrace I say.......now lets get back to frothing at the mouth watching a man beat another man to a bloody pulp in the octagon :D

The man being beaten in your analogy there is a highly trained athlete being paid to go in there, voluntarily.

Your post is idiotic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Sucker punching a man near twice his age as they were sat on a stool is a big deal for sure and he's lucky the man didn't fall and hit his head or something as being hit by surprise often results in the person sustaining more injuries from the fall than the actual punch itself. A recent example of that.

For me these photos say it all. McGregor looks healthy and together and less than 20 or so hours later he looks gaunt and strung out. It's like his 10 year older junkie brother borrowed his clothes from the night before....

mcgm.jpg

I think it's quite obvious an anger problem is not what McGregor's issue is and nor has it ever been. The question is can he live his life without that which has caused him all his issues (or at least most of them) and only he knows that. Maybe he needs to take a leaf out of Nate's book, literally, and only indulge in that which is unlikely to end his life prematurely.

As a fan of him as a fighter I hope he can do it but have to say I am not as much a fan of him as a person as I once was, like back in the days of classic Embedded episodes and hilarious interviews were his appreciation of all he was achieving was very much apparent. Hopefully we will see that McGregor again. I have no doubt it's possible. Just with all that has gone on with the bus incident and this recent assault, I'm just not all that sure it's probable.

Everyone loves a comeback though and I hope he means it when he says that he wants to earn people's respect again as that's just what he has to do. On many levels.

Fair points man. I think he can bounce back. Stay off the charles and get back doinging what he loves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Fair points man. I think he can bounce back. Stay off the charles and get back doinging what he loves.

Maybe the charles is what he loves doing these days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Any links between his ‘charles’ consumption, random drug tests and his ‘retirements’?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Any links between his ‘charles’ consumption, random drug tests and his ‘retirements’?

As far as I know, they don't test for recreational drugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Still Ill wrote: »
    As far as I know, they don't test for recreational drugs.

I should have said alleged charles consumption.

Ah jaysus here we go. Mods are gonna have a canary

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

You can do coke to your heart's content out of competition

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

No why would there be. It’s not banned.
    Also saying he was retired didn’t affect his testing obligations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

I wonder did maybe a few fighters like Diaz, etc make an agreement off the record to maybe just ignore him on social media, press conferences, etc....Maybe not feed into the McGregor show...Or maybe that is a silly idea....

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭bono_v

bono_v wrote: »

Read this earlier and was genuinely confused. What did he say about the two boys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Maybe he was talking about the two lads that hang around with the boxer and not his kids, but I didn’t see the blurred bit.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

A message from McGregor’s verified account earlier this week replied: “RIP Bobby Messett and Paul Kavanagh”, before goading the middleweight boxer about his two sons.

he's insinuating Keeler's kids will end up shot by linking them to two people where shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Helluva drug

• Registered Users Posts: 12,465 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Blurred bit says "and your two abandoned autistic boys".

The Nal wrote: »
    Blurred bit says "and your two abandoned autistic boys".

Ouch

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

I’m honestly disgusted.

Advertisement