Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor McGregor thread (MMA Talk Only - Read 1st Post Before Posting)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

Mayweather would win if it was MMA rules. What weapons does McGregor have? He's hardly going to get a kick KO or a tapoout.

He's a BJJ brown belt, if they felt like restarting the fight after every tap he'd win the fight ten times over via submission by the end of the 5 rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Mayweather would win if it was MMA rules. What weapons does McGregor have? He's hardly going to get a kick KO or a tapoout.

Sorry but what??? You think that Floyd beats McGregor in an MMA bout? Seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Ah lads. Are ye really that easily trolled?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭knockers84

Mayweather could have finishing that fight in two rounds if he wanted to.

McGregor would just take him to the ground in MMA and murder him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Khabib outboxed mcgregor never mind Floyd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭monty_python

BDI wrote: »

McGregor had man flu going into the Mayweather fight, only for that he would have ko'd him in 1 round

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Flu for mayweather , swelled foot for khabib , chest infection for mendes , poor lad can’t catch a break

dashoonage wrote: »
    Flu for mayweather , swelled foot for khabib , chest infection for mendes , poor lad can’t catch a break

And Joshua suffered a knock out the morning of the Ruiz fight. He should have never been in the ring

David haye broke his toe before klitchko, I think when this excuse culture started

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

Why does McGregor not fight any more? He should be fighting at least twice a year. I don't get it.

Why does McGregor not fight any more? He should be fighting at least twice a year. I don't get it.

He has flu.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭knockers84

50 million + in the bank.

Holding UFC to ransom on pay.

Simple really

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

knockers84 wrote: »
    50 million + in the bank.

Holding UFC to ransom on pay.

Simple really

And they called his bluff

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

And they called his bluff

And now no one really cares about the championship fight coming up with Khabib.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Effects wrote: »

I'm so excited

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Speak for yourself,I'm looking forward to seeing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Not true at all.

Although I'm not dying to watch Khabib at any point. I'm tuning in for Poirier's shot and how he matches up

• Registered Users Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

On the feet? No he didn't, not even close.

But most of the fight took place on the ground. I assume your trolling.
    Or belong in the same crew that thought Aldo was a fraud. :rolleyes:
    It's not going to have the same attention as Khabib v McGregor. But that's the casual factor. Among actual fans, people who regularly watch MMA, I'd imagine there's huge interest.

Mellor wrote: »
    On the feet? No he didn't, not even close.

But most of the fight took place on the ground. I assume your trolling.
    Or belong in the same crew that thought Aldo was a fraud. :rolleyes:

It's not going to have the same attention as Khabib v McGregor. But that's the casual factor. Among actual fans, people who regularly watch MMA, I'd imagine there's huge interest.

On the feet he did outbox mcgregor. Watch the fight again.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

Sure, didn't he only fight in April... All over the news it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Oh ffs can yee stop talking about a fight that happened 2 year ago

Would you even call Floyd's exhibition a fight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Macdarack wrote: »
    Would you even call Floyd's exhibition a fight?

Probably because it was an official fight.

He does but not in the octagon.

On the feet he did outbox mcgregor. Watch the fight again.
    If you are actually serious, then I'd suggest watching it again yourself. I've watched the fight plenty of times. Guessing your basing your assessment on that one big overhand. The fight was more than one punch.

(before somebody gets upset, I'll preface this by saying Khabib clearly won the fight. And the ground fighting element was much more significant that the standing element :rolleyes: )

Significant Strikes
    md8FMfq.png

On the feet, Conor lands 45 significant strikes. Khabib landed 25. Stats don't they the whole picture, but at almost double the strikes, Conor clearly edges the striking.
    The majority of that was in round 3, the only round that Conor won. The only where Khabib didn't secure the early takedown.

Khabib didn't land any standing strikes in round 1.
    Rounds 2 and 4 had very little stand up action.
    Both landed only 4-6 strikes in each.

Sports fans are fickle and have short memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Still, Ireland's most lucratively successful boxer ever. A record likely to be never broken. Well done, Conor. Conor bless.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,069 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Still, Ireland's most lucratively successful boxer ever. A record likely to be never broken. Well done, Conor. Conor bless.

Ah sure I'd say Daniel Day Lewis earned more. Sure he probably had a few "real fights" in filming as well :rolleyes:

Is money the measure of a man to you ?

They are also biased like you.
    Give it up mate, mctapper is done as a top level fighter. He would be mauled twice as viciously if he fought Khabib again. He couldn’t knock out a seventy year old man fgs
    Lol. Point out one thing in my post that is bias? They are simply the stats from the fight.

You hardly expect anyone to take you seriously given the level of "discussion" you bring to the forum. At least the other lads catch a few people with their trolling.

Gamb!t wrote: »
    Speak for yourself,I'm looking forward to seeing it.

I'm actually looking forward to it!
    I was kind of hinting at the general level of interest, (McGregor interest fans).

Conor is not even close to the most lucrative boxer from Ireland.
    Michael Flatley is worth about twice what Conor is.

• Advertisement

They are also biased like you.
    Give it up mate, mctapper is done as a top level fighter. He would be mauled twice as viciously if he fought Khabib again. He couldn’t knock out a seventy year old man fgs

You show your own bias/trolling when you call him McTapper and ignore the facts.

Advertisement