Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭fourmations

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Hot Press magazine confirmations:

Friday - Hozier
    Saturday - Strokes, Sam Fender, Billie Eilish, Duff McKagan
    Sunday - Florence, The 1975

From the FB banter page....
    Dave Fanning just said Billie Eilish and Hozier Friday night

?? confused!

Dont give a monkeys about hozier but Billie is a must-see for me

• Registered Users Posts: 44 taramurf

?? confused!

She is playing Milan on Saturday night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Any slept in the car park, thinking of it rather than getting a tent, won't be there all weekend so don't want to splash out on the pink moon..

I did go back to the car to get something, it was late ended up falling asleep in the passenger seat, initially fine but uncomfortable as hell a couple of hours in, depends on you but not something I'd recommend.

Offically no staying in carpark, lads driving around in Hi-vis now and again but I dont think they do much checking unless you're making a tool of yourself. If you were parked in a corner or in the centre of a large bunch where it wasn't that accessible to them I think you'd be fine.

No Encore pod say that they heard Billie Eilish is not main stage. Would seem a bit mad to me if that's true. She'd get a huge crowd wherever she plays.

Surely not true! I think like Dua Lipa last year She'll pull the biggest crowd of the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I posted this in EP Banter: Right folks when we get to Stradbally and the festival site we all have to collectively wave our hands in the air woo hoo! Syd Barrett said so, well he said arms.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

The sooner your lemon haze arrives the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Cider haze

Sorted Woo Hoo! Now for a Sparoot! Burger. :):D:D;):eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,381 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

?? confused!

Hot Press have a four page interview with her with Saturday very clearly printed at the top of it. Would be very surprised if a media partner of the festival got that wrong but maybe Fanning has more up to date stage times.

Fri would be a lot better for me, she could really start EP off with a bang.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

thebusher wrote: »
    For anyone on the fence about Gerry Cinnamon - just go. You won't regret it. Was brilliant at Glastonbury.

I'll 2nd this. John peel tent was bouncing.

• Advertisement

declanleo wrote: »
    I'll 2nd this. John peel tent was bouncing.

I hope it was consensual....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I've heard a whisper Ashcroft is going to dedicate 'The drugs don't work' to this thread. You heard it here first.

Strange looking barriers at leads and Reading! Wonder if we'll have the same!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1f9zdpF4vZ/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

• Subscribers Posts: 41,061 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I posted this in EP Banter: Right folks when we get to Stradbally and the festival site we all have to collectively wave our hands in the air woo hoo! Syd Barrett said so, well he said arms.

Where I got my name from ;)

Fupping love Syd!!

Stillill42 wrote: »
    I've heard a whisper Ashcroft is going to dedicate 'The drugs don't work' to this thread. You heard it here first.

ATN thread more appropriate given the extreme post-festival comedowns there.

Strobe eyes :cool:

They seem to be convinced on EP banter that the bars shut at 11 PM, is it not 1.30 - 2 AM they shut now.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Reded

Some friends went on site today and have reported that the ground is pretty wet!!

They seem to be convinced on EP banter that the bars shut at 11 PM, is it not 1.30 - 2 AM they shut now.

The official site says 1am but doesn't specify days. I think it's midnight on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Lads whats the deal with glass bottles in campervans? Do they search the campervans going in or can we sneak in some wine bottles?

• Advertisement

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Lads whats the deal with glass bottles in campervans? Do they search the campervans going in or can we sneak in some wine bottles?

Glass is not permitted we’ve been searched although we did sneak bottles of wine in! They will take them if found!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,813 ✭✭✭Alkers

Mollyb60 wrote: »

They do look but not in any great detail so you could sneak some stuff in if you needed but glass is banned for a reason so make sure you're responsible with it, keep it out of sight and take it home again!

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Peterd66

Put them in the gas , battery or toilet compartment. No one looks there.

P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Dig deeper, Seathrun...

All this talk of getting old
    It's getting me down ...familiar?

Like a cat in a bag, waiting to drown... Monday week, amiright?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,048 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Reded wrote: »
    Some friends went on site today and have reported that the ground is pretty wet!!

Get rid of those "friends". You don't need negativity in your life like that.

everlast75 wrote: »
    Get rid of those "friends". You don't need negativity in your life like that.

Twill be grand!! No such thing as wet ground just bad boots!!

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Dig deeper, Seathrun...

All this talk of getting old
    It's getting me down ...familiar?

Like a cat in a bag, waiting to drown... Monday week, amiright?

Most of us okay by Tuesday I hope.

ATN crew were talking about twitches seven days after. One thing POD can't be blamed for.

and on another note the more I listen to Billie E the more impressed I am. Her set is going to be absolutely mobbed. Not only the youngsters but all the old geezers trying to be down with the kids. Our t-shirts and beer guts may betray any semblance of credibility we seek.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Most of us okay by Tuesday I hope.

ATN crew were talking about twitches seven days after. One thing POD can't be blamed for.

and on another note the more I listen to Billie E the more impressed I am. Her set is going to be absolutely mobbed. Not only the youngsters but all the old geezers trying to be down with the kids. Our t-shirts and beer guts may betray any semblance of credibility we seek.

Hopefully she does a short set and we can pull the guts in for the duration. Mind you the collective blow out at the end could be a health and safety issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Was painting my 16 year old daughters room with her today and we agreed we would do 45 min slots of music. Billie was the only one that one of us didnt have a face for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,048 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Pillow Queens - "gay girls" is gonna be mental!

Advertisement