Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

No Encore pod say that they heard Billie Eilish is not main stage. Would seem a bit mad to me if that's true. She'd get a huge crowd wherever she plays.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,381 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

endainoz wrote: »

And also kinda slags off Hozier as 'the most mainstream Main Stage act across the weekend'. Inaccurate I'd say given some of the blander stuff on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Can someone give me an opinion on the Pink Moon camping please?

have used them every year I've gone, their price is now at the taking the piss point for me but

1. you get the tent and just the tent for the money, it's setup and ready for you to dive into. Their site is well ordered with decent security and a wall that you not mexico have paid for

2. their showers are grand and there's plenty of them, the main toilet bloc they have can get a bit grubby but it's still miles better than in the main arena and other sites (apart from the posh pooping crowd I'd imagine and eco (where I'd assume their guests are not the sort to piss on the seat and not clean after themselves)).

They had a second toilet block last year at the top of the field by the 2 man tents and these were super normal type loos with an airplane whoooooshy type flush that was great, with the location of these too they had far less traffic than the main bloc.

3. they do provide a phone charge thingy but you are always better off having your own phone charging battery, i've a couple of ankers (15,000 mAh & 25,000 mAh).

4. they have their own cafe/bar area but this was not as good last year as the previous years but it still is a handy refuge for a sit down / rain shelter and they've wildy overpriced coffees etc...

If you're arriving late on the friday or having to rock up saturday morning then I'd say they'll be a godsend as you're not going to be fighting for a space in the other campsites

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭thebusher

The Wha mentioned too. Delighted for my mates young fella.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Seathrun66 wrote: »

And also kinda slags off Hozier as 'the most mainstream Main Stage act across the weekend'. Inaccurate I'd say given some of the blander stuff on offer.

Ah I didn't take it as too much of a slagging. Tbf, it's probably not too far off either - the whole country and its mother knows who Hozier is. He's definitely in the same bracket as Florence, 1975, Billie etc for how recognisable he is.

Not the most exciting list of recommendations from the Times but solid tbf to them.

Glad to see Nealo get a nod in that article. He seems like a nice chap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭endainoz

Can someone give me an opinion on the Pink Moon camping please?

I have a two man tent booked, but I've never camped at the Pink Moon before- I bought the ticket off a guy I know, he gave me the login credentials but I can't change the name- is this important? Would they check ID or whatever? He also sent me the confirmation email so I had the booking number too.

Anyway...is it worth the €330 overall?

Is the tent totally empty, or is there a bed provided? Also, there was a mention of phone charging...is this wired to the tent, or is it in a stall where I'd have to wait for a free socket?

I presume the wait for the showers would be as bad as the regular camping area.

I won't even make the Friday night now so I will probably sell it for cost price if I get an offer.

Sorry for the noob questions

As long as you have the booking confirmation email you should be fine. You may have to pretend your name is the same that's on the booking but I doubt you'd be asked for ID.

Tents are empty unless your package include any extras, these are not really worth it imo. Much cheaper to bring your own chair, sleeping bag etc.

The phone charging is a separate area where you plug your cable into a USB port, so don't forget your cable.

I think it's definitely worth it for two people sharing, might be a bit much for one person but you have paid for it already so it doesn't matter! The biggest advantage I think is the separate pink moon entrance to the main arena. Cuts down the trekking s fair bit. Pink moon is obviously a good bit cleaner and you should get a decent night's sleep as it normally gets quiet after curfew at 1am.

We've been in pink moon for the last few years now and anyone I've ever asked always say they would never go back to the regular camping after experiencing it.

No Encore pod say that they heard Billie Eilish is not main stage. Would seem a bit mad to me if that's true. She'd get a huge crowd wherever she plays.

Probably the biggest crowd of the weekend, more than any of the headliners I'd expect. Electric Arena makes no sense so I'd be very surprised if she wasn't main stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Biggest lickspittle on boardz

I might rent it off you friday night if you want...yea facilities are fine and you rent a materess off them. Showers are cheating just bring plenty of baby wipes...it's a world away from the normal camping.

I can't really see that working out tbh. I would have to give you the booking code, nothing to stop you saying you haven't a clue who I am and you've got the tent then for the weekend :(

have used them every year I've gone, their price is now at the taking the piss point for me but

1. you get the tent and just the tent for the money, it's setup and ready for you to dive into. Their site is well ordered with decent security and a wall that you not mexico have paid for

2. their showers are grand and there's plenty of them, the main toilet bloc they have can get a bit grubby but it's still miles better than in the main arena and other sites (apart from the posh pooping crowd I'd imagine and eco (where I'd assume their guests are not the sort to piss on the seat and not clean after themselves)).

They had a second toilet block last year at the top of the field by the 2 man tents and these were super normal type loos with an airplane whoooooshy type flush that was great, with the location of these too they had far less traffic than the main bloc.

3. they do provide a phone charge thingy but you are always better off having your own phone charging battery, i've a couple of ankers (15,000 mAh & 25,000 mAh).

4. they have their own cafe/bar area but this was not as good last year as the previous years but it still is a handy refuge for a sit down / rain shelter and they've wildy overpriced coffees etc...

If you're arriving late on the friday or having to rock up saturday morning then I'd say they'll be a godsend as you're not going to be fighting for a space in the other campsites

Thanks, that pretty much answers everything...just on the phone charging question, is that phone charger in my tent so, or in a stall that I must wait for? Edit: Nevermind, it was answered by another poster.

I'll get a phone charger pack today like you said.

Snarky Snark Snark

Thanks, that pretty much answers everything...just on the phone charging question, is that phone charger in my tent so, or in a stall that I must wait for?

I'll get a phone charger pack today like you said.

not in your tent, think it was one of those locker type things but would really need some one who's used it to answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Can't you leave your phone at the 3 thing and they'll charge it up, they usually give away battery packs as well. Wouldn't panic about finding power.

• Advertisement

T-shirts:

Friday I'll be wearing a red one with 'I'm sorry, is the band interrupting your conversation' on it. Will be right of the sound desk for TCM circa 5.30. Also probably for the Roadhouse Doors if they're on earlier. A pretty hypocritical t-shirt given I'm likely to be one of several nattering Boardsies at the Salty Dog.

Saturday - New Order Movement.

Best to say what t-shirts people will be wearing on the Friday so easier to spot.

And no, I don't usually sort out my clothing a week in advance.

Snarky Snark Snark

t-shirts, jesus, it's all a bit
    pp,550x550.u3.jpg

(I will likely go with John Fogerty or the who)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,048 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Definitely

The Strokes
    Christine & the Queens
    Jarvis Cocker
    Johnny Marr
    Richard Ashcroft
    All Tvvins
    Echo and the Bunnymen
    King kong Company
    Sam Fender
    The Pale

Maybe

Roisin Murphy
    Maverick Sabre
    Parquet Courts
    Razorlight
    Otherkin
    Touts
    Frank & Walters
    Emotional Fish
    Billie Eilish

Brush up on

Four tet
    Gerry Cinnamon
    Kneecap
    Michael Kiwanuka
    Miles Kane
    Mo
    Bodega
    White Reaper
    Sports Team mitski
    Sasami
    Pillow Queen
    Vulpynes

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Kepler21

T-Shirts to decide between:
    1. Preservation Hall Jazz Club from New Orleans (Black)
    2. Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon (Black)
    3. EP 10th Anniversary (Blue)
    4. EP 2016 (Blue)
    5. Boundary Brewery - Brewery Cooperative from Northern Ireland) - Burgundy
    and of course a nondescript one to wear carting all my stuff to the campsite that I can sweat into and then change out of for the first can.

Ah I didn't take it as too much of a slagging. Tbf, it's probably not too far off either - the whole country and its mother knows who Hozier is. He's definitely in the same bracket as Florence, 1975, Billie etc for how recognisable he is.

Not the most exciting list of recommendations from the Times but solid tbf to them.

Glad to see Nealo get a nod in that article. He seems like a nice chap!

Agree re everything else but 'mainstream' is rarely a flattering adjective.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

I'm actually quite excited to see Ashcroft

I hadn't realised how Verve heavy his setlist is!

Typical festival setlist (summer19)

Sonnet
    (The Verve song)

This Is How It Feels

Space and Time
    (The Verve song)

A Song for the Lovers

Music Is Power

They Don't Own Me

Lucky Man
    (The Verve song)

The Drugs Don't Work
    (The Verve song)

Hold On

Bitter Sweet Symphony
    (The Verve song)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Mucker46

T shirt update
    Friday Why cant i be you (grey)
    Sat i see no reason to act my age (navy)
    Sun i may be old but at least i got to hear the god bands (blue)

Hopefully none will be covered by my rain jacket (grey). If not needed will be tied around my waist as a non camper

• Subscribers Posts: 41,061 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

If we're doing tee shirts.

Roger Waters silhouette
    Rick n morty starry night
    Stranger things ghostbusters

• Registered Users Posts: 32 smithweiser

Does anyone have a day by day line up and times , apologises if this was asked already

• Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Lads, if I know you lot, there's a whole week of ye trying your tshirts on in front of the mirror still ahead of us. Conversations with the missus (does my gut look big in this? etc). Anything could happen between now and Friday. Tshirt announcement of tshirts for These Charming Men on Thursday. It's the big one. Can't wait.

• Advertisement

Pro tip, never try them on in the morning, you'll probably fit into it. I'd say Scruffys in just about the right condition to try one on now, nice and swollen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Does anyone have a day by day line up and times , apologises if this was asked already

Won't be a full lineup until Wednesday at the earliest, clashfinder is your best bet.

Any slept in the car park, thinking of it rather than getting a tent, won't be there all weekend so don't want to splash out on the pink moon..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Lads, if I know you lot, there's a whole week of ye trying your tshirts on in front of the mirror still ahead of us. Conversations with the missus (does my gut look big in this? etc). Anything could happen between now and Friday. Tshirt announcement of tshirts for These Charming Men on Thursday. It's the big one. Can't wait.

Have given up asking my gut looks big in everything

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭endainoz

everlast75 wrote: »
    Definitely

The Strokes
    Christine & the Queens
    Jarvis Cocker
    Johnny Marr
    Richard Ashcroft
    All Tvvins
    Echo and the Bunnymen
    King kong Company
    Sam Fender
    The Pale

Maybe

Roisin Murphy
    Maverick Sabre
    Parquet Courts
    Razorlight
    Otherkin
    Touts
    Frank & Walters
    Emotional Fish
    Billie Eilish

Brush up on

Four tet
    Gerry Cinnamon
    Kneecap
    Michael Kiwanuka
    Miles Kane
    Mo
    Bodega
    White Reaper
    Sports Team mitski
    Sasami
    Pillow Queen
    Vulpynes

Great list there, pretty similar to mine except I'd have Kneecap on my definitely section.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Spreece

everlast75 wrote: »
    Definitely

The Strokes
    Christine & the Queens
    Jarvis Cocker
    Johnny Marr
    Richard Ashcroft
    All Tvvins
    Echo and the Bunnymen
    King kong Company
    Sam Fender
    The Pale

Maybe

Roisin Murphy
    Maverick Sabre
    Parquet Courts
    Razorlight
    Otherkin
    Touts
    Frank & Walters
    Emotional Fish
    Billie Eilish

Brush up on

Four tet
    Gerry Cinnamon
    Kneecap
    Michael Kiwanuka
    Miles Kane
    Mo
    Bodega
    White Reaper
    Sports Team mitski
    Sasami
    Pillow Queen
    Vulpynes

If you like those then you must like Courtney Barnett

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭thebusher

For anyone on the fence about Gerry Cinnamon - just go. You won't regret it. Was brilliant at Glastonbury.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Any slept in the car park, thinking of it rather than getting a tent, won't be there all weekend so don't want to splash out on the pink moon..

Yeh I’ve done it a few times now , it’s grand . Have u a van or car ?

Yeh I’ve done it a few times now , it’s grand . Have u a van or car ?

Jeep it's plenty big enough just wondering if the security give a fiddlers....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭haitens

Fatfrog wrote: »
    I'm actually quite excited to see Ashcroft

I hadn't realised how Verve heavy his setlist is!

Typical festival setlist (summer19)

Sonnet
    (The Verve song)

This Is How It Feels

Space and Time
    (The Verve song)

A Song for the Lovers

Music Is Power

They Don't Own Me

Lucky Man
    (The Verve song)

The Drugs Don't Work
    (The Verve song)

Hold On

Bitter Sweet Symphony
    (The Verve song)

Seen him in the olympia in April he was fantastic, voice in fine form. He only sings Verve songs he wrote himself AFAIK

Advertisement