Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Stillill42 wrote: »
    It is the beauty of flying solo. You do get to see a pile more music.

Havent been to a festival on my own since the Saturday of Oxegen 2005, but saw an absolute rake of bands that day. Hothouse Flowers, Kerbdog, Eagles of Death Metal, Bloc Party, Kaiser Chiefs, Snoop Dogg, QOTSA, Slam, Green Day, Mylo, The Prodigy, Bjorn Again...twas great. I'll try and do it again some day. For now, it's about 4 a day on average unless it's a free flow festival, which would increase it to about 7-8

• Registered Users Posts: 4,953 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

5 sleeps

Gong to a family christening today, screaming children everywhere, good practice

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Peterd66

I’m due to fly back from Australia Wednesday. Having second thoughts now due to the forecast!
    Met office app showing sunny spells with high of 20 and 17 for Friday and Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Havent been to a festival on my own since the Saturday of Oxegen 2005, but saw an absolute rake of bands that day. Hothouse Flowers, Kerbdog, Eagles of Death Metal, Bloc Party, Kaiser Chiefs, Snoop Dogg, QOTSA, Slam, Green Day, Mylo, The Prodigy, Bjorn Again...twas great. I'll try and do it again some day. For now, it's about 4 a day on average unless it's a free flow festival, which would increase it to about 7-8

Funnily enough that day was the only time I’d been to a festival on my own. I was actually quite shocked at the amount of bands I got to see (most of them on that list). Normally when there’s a gang there’s so much waiting around for people to get their sh1t together.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 taracampbell

Hi all,
    I really want to see the 1975 at Sundays Electric Picnic and looking for advise on any ways I could get into EP on the Sunday. I know there was a limited number of Sunday Day tickets but they are ridiculous money on the sites and unfortunately I cannot commit to weekend tickets due to home commitments.
    so I am wondering would I have any luck getting in on the Sunday if I made my way to Stradbally. Is it possible to get in?Havent been to EP before so not sure how scanning tickets work. I was thinking that I might meet someone leaving the venue on the sunday and I could buy their armband and tickets from them. Would that be possible or are they scanned out? would really appreciate any advise.
    Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭Stillill42

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Funnily enough that day was the only time I’d been to a festival on my own. I was actually quite shocked at the amount of bands I got to see (most of them on that list). Normally when there’s a gang there’s so much waiting around for people to get their sh1t together.

I know we have the 'going on your own' chat in here most years but there's no doubt that if it's the music you're after, it's hard to beat. I went with a gang to ATN and certainly had great craic but I'm delighted to be heading into EP knowing I have to consult NOBODY about music, when to eat, drink etc. 25 gigs in the space of 3 days when you struggle to get to normal gigs these days, it's hard to put a price on that. I know a few people that'll be around next weekend, so I'll maybe meet them for a pint at some stage and I'm sure the Boardsie meet up this year will be a resounding success and offer up any number of opportunities for scoops and chat over the 3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

Ordered 3 EP tickets earlier in the year, for myself and my girlfriend and one spare in case one of her family wanted to visit from Spain.

Her uncle is coming over from Spain for the festival, however I only bought 2 Early Entry tickets.

Showing as limited availability on ticketmaster but showing up as gone when I search for them.

Does anyone have a spare early entry ticket available? If we cant get one will have to head down on Friday morning instead. He doesn't speak a word of English so us heading down on Thursday and him following us down on Friday would be messy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Ordered 3 EP tickets earlier in the year, for myself and my girlfriend and one spare in case one of her family wanted to visit from Spain.

Her uncle is coming over from Spain for the festival, however I only bought 2 Early Entry tickets.

Showing as limited availability on ticketmaster but showing up as gone when I search for them.

Does anyone have a spare early entry ticket available? If we cant get one will have to head down on Friday morning instead. He doesn't speak a word of English so us heading down on Thursday and him following us down on Friday would be messy.

Try the Facebook EP banter page.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭eplady2017

Hi all,
    I really want to see the 1975 at Sundays Electric Picnic and looking for advise on any ways I could get into EP on the Sunday. I know there was a limited number of Sunday Day tickets but they are ridiculous money on the sites and unfortunately I cannot commit to weekend tickets due to home commitments.
    so I am wondering would I have any luck getting in on the Sunday if I made my way to Stradbally. Is it possible to get in?Havent been to EP before so not sure how scanning tickets work. I was thinking that I might meet someone leaving the venue on the sunday and I could buy their armband and tickets from them. Would that be possible or are they scanned out? would really appreciate any advise.
    Thanks in advance

Last two years l've packed up Sunday morning and headed to car with bits to help with Monday morning scramble. Always meet people looking for wrist bands.. Only problem I could see is if in the process of removing wristband and you obviously getting on your wrist the band is obviously damaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I am giving my tickets away to a younger couple, it's going to be their first festival. So they are going shopping tomorrow or during the week to get their festival kit. I have listed anything I can think of/remember. Can anyone add to this, and mainly, suggest a good tent or place to get a good tent for a decent price?
    My list to them:

A decent tent (not a 'disposable' one)
    Power Bank
    Wipes
    Dioralyte/rehydration salts
    Paracetemol
    Torch
    Water bottles
    ear plugs

I know I have left loads of stuff out probably some real basic stuff, but only decided to do it this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,043 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Suckit wrote: »
    I am giving my tickets away to a younger couple, it's going to be their first festival. So they are going shopping tomorrow or during the week to get their festival kit. I have listed anything I can think of/remember. Can anyone add to this, and mainly, suggest a good tent or place to get a good tent for a decent price?
    My list to them:

Power Bank
    Wipes
    Paracetemol
    Torch
    Water bottles
    ear plugs

I know I have left loads of stuff out probably some real basic stuff, but only decided to do it this morning.

Check the 1st post on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

My list to them:

Power Bank
    Wipes
    Paracetemol
    Torch
    Water bottles
    ear plugs

The tents in Halfords are reasonably priced and have always withstood festival endeavours for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Strange looking barriers at leads and Reading! Wonder if we'll have the same!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1f9zdpF4vZ/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Crowd control measure. They had them at rock werchter when I was there a few years ago. Was handy cos they had a green light above them when there was space to enter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    The tents in Halfords are reasonably priced and have always withstood festival endeavours for me

Halfords tents aren't bad. I had one for years, 6 man two room, 2M tall which meant you can stand up inside while getting dressed (It's the little things) what killed it was the loops for the tent pegs broke off slowly one by one, sometimes pulling small sections of the outer layer, it was a shame aside from this it was still in perfect Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Aha lads getting giddy now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

davywalsh7 wrote: »

Thanks, I will have a look at them. I was going to tell them to head up the top of Henry street and look around there.

The cheap tents are a disaster in rain. Basically sleeping with a sheet over you.

I wouldn't wish that on anyone (happened to me in EP '09 I think or '08).
    Campervans and glamping since.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭darzog

A happy, heady little mix. Will be very happy if I get to see some/most/all of this bunch next weekend. Some, like Lilac and Fonda, have a barely existent presence on Spotify etc. but one decent tune that draws me in is a good enough reason to take a punt on them...

Thumper
    The Scratch
    Cavetown
    Courtney Barnett
    Heavy Lungs
    Jack O’Rourke
    Johnny Marr
    Miles Kane
    Panik Attaks (ferocious...saw them at Vantastival earlier in the summer and they were raw and angry as hell. Right up my strasse)
    Porcelain Hill
    The Streets
    White Reaper
    Wolff
    Badhands
    Fonda
    Yankari
    Touts
    Lilac
    Kid Karate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭Mucker46

darzog wrote: »
    A happy, heady little mix. Will be very happy if I get to see some/most/all of this bunch next weekend. Some, like Lilac and Fonda, have a barely existent presence on Spotify etc. but one decent tune that draws me in is a good enough reason to take a punt on them...

Thumper
    The Scratch
    Cavetown
    Courtney Barnett
    Heavy Lungs
    Jack O’Rourke
    Johnny Marr
    Miles Kane
    Panik Attaks (ferocious...saw them at Vantastival earlier in the summer and they were raw and angry as hell. Right up my strasse)
    Porcelain Hill
    The Streets
    White Reaper
    Wolff
    Badhands
    Fonda
    Yankari
    Touts
    Lilac
    Kid Karate

Love that fonda tune be interesting to see what else they have. Check out in their thousands ifvyou havent already acrasia is a great song

• Registered Users Posts: 20 DDOK

Sitting in sun this afternoon brushing up on acts I’m less familiar with on Spotify. Can’t wait for next weekend now. I’ll definitely be spending lots of time at the smaller stages broadening my musical horizons!
    Now if only we could get a repeat of this weekend’s dry & warm weather again next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mrscloudatlas

My list to them:

Power Bank
    Wipes
    Paracetemol
    Torch
    Water bottles
    ear plugs

Im going to EP since 2005. In fairness that list along with some cash is all you need. Everything else can be laughed off. A dunnes stores tent served me well in general camping for years. Ive camped everywhere from the car park, all the camp sites, in a campervan, in a hotel room, but by far the best is Pink Moon. All the bants minus A LOT of the hardships.

• Advertisement

I've done pink moon now for many years.. I notice every year that the podpad crowd get access to boiling water, tea and coffee... Tempted to take coffee with me this year.. Is there checks who uses this or if I rock up with a travel mug to get boiling water would anyone even care???

eplady2017 wrote: »
    I've done pink moon now for many years.. I notice every year that the podpad crowd get access to boiling water, tea and coffee... Tempted to take coffee with me this year.. Is there checks who uses this or if I rock up with a travel mug to get boiling water would anyone even care???

Gonna bring a mug and some decaf coffee this year for sure. Make me feel like a civilised member of society after a night of debauchery :(

• Registered Users Posts: 41 otterboy

Newbie pink moon question...
    are your tents pre assigned before arrival or is it first come first served......

If pre assigned...Any way of influencing your tent location?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 otterboy

are your tents pre assigned before arrival or is it first come first served......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

everlast75 wrote: »
    Gonna bring a mug and some decaf coffee this year for sure. Make me feel like a civilised member of society after a night of debauchery :(

Decaf ?? whats the point ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,953 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

otterboy wrote: »

Don’t know. Mail them and ask. They used to have a system where a bunch of bookings could be grouped but I think they had to be registered in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

otterboy wrote: »

Pre assigned but you set up a group and get them next to each other b

s8n wrote: »
    Decaf ?? whats the point ?

So I don't get a migraine

Have you had luck before sneaking a drop of hot water from them... Don't want to go to the bother of bring stuff if I'll be stopped from using it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭Stillill42

So I don't get a migraine

Dead right, Everlast. The least we can do is make sure our migraines come from horrendous over indulgence in alcohol.

Advertisement