Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi 9T

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Email from Honorbuy to say it's shipped with a tracking number that doesnt load on DHL's site yet. Probably be a couple days

Updated at 2pm and appeared on DHL tracking as being in ITALY.

Got a text just now saying delivery by tomorrow evening.

Arrived first thing this morning, delivered to DHL box and handy enough pick up. I think the delay (if you'd call it a delay) was i used Paypal and it probably took a day or two to clear funds.

Would defo order off honorbuy again!

Initial impressions of phone, i like it !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

https://twitter.com/rquandt/status/1163771044714426370?s=19

Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro just officialley went on sale in Germany. First 3000 units selling for 399,90 Euro on Amazon, 449 after that: https://t.co/Orz6fIUNdV

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I think this will be a Christmas phone for me. Should have come down a bit in price by then hopefully.
    If not, I'll just get the 9T

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Anyone able to tap & pay with Google Pay?
    I've been refused in all tills I've tried. Google Pay worked fine in my last phone.
    Is there anything I need to setup?
    I've NFC turned on & my default card is setup in the Google Pay app.

I've been refused in all tills I've tried. Google Pay worked fine in my last phone.

Oddly enough i tried to use it in the canteen at lunch and didnt beep. I hadn't google pay open, maybe im missing a setting or something.

I've installed Nova Launcher as the set up out the box was a bit meh with the multi screens and no app drawer

Great phone, fast and lovely screen on the apps using full screen, camera is great quality

https://c.mi.com/thread-2123080-1-0.html

ive done this...

BKWDR wrote: »

Nice one. Just set it. Will try it again tonight or tomorrow.

That's fixed my issue. Tried it in Tesco and worked perfectly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

I heard the front facing camera is terrible. Has anyone tried gcam?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I imagine that'd only be a worry for the selfie brigade. If I get one it'll never be used beyond the "that's cool" when it pops up and down.

Has a Gcam port been made for it yet?

Ha ha ya, I've not even used the selfie camera to take a photo yet.

Ha ha ya, I've not even used the selfie camera to take a photo yet.

I've used it, fairly good quality but like that rare enough I'd take selfies but great quality and modes.
    Only thing I can think of the up / down camera being a pain is for using face unlock

What's gcam?

What's gcam?

Googled it... Not supported...

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Just pulled the trigger on this. Will be replacing my Nexus 6P, which I have since launch - but the battery life is starting to get annoying now.

Googled it... Not supported...

seems like your googling needs refining :) -> port made -> version on below link

https://miblog.co/xiaomi-mi9t-google-camera/

camera2 api (required for gcam) is on by default on all Android 9 (Pie) versions of Xiaomi Mi 9T ROMs according to that page also so it's just a matter of installing this app

gcam can be useful for lowlight particularly (night shot mode) and is worth trying in comparison to the stock camera

glasso wrote: »
    seems like your googling needs refining :) -> port made -> version on below link

https://miblog.co/xiaomi-mi9t-google-camera/

camera2 api (required for gcam) is on by default on all Android 9 (Pie) versions of Xiaomi Mi 9T ROMs according to that page also so it's just a matter of installing this app

gcam can be useful for lowlight particularly (night shot mode) and is worth trying in comparison to the stock camera

Ahhh I just landed in the play store and it said not supported! Thanks for that

See show motion crashes the app if you select it

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

I am using gcam on my mi 8 and it wipes the floor with the stock miui camera, especially in low light conditions as previously posted

Ahhh I just landed in the play store and it said not supported! Thanks for that

See show motion crashes the app if you select it

use the other app for slow motion then

both apps can be on the phone at the same time - just select whichever one you want to use....

• Advertisement

use the other app for slow motion then

both apps can be on the phone at the same time - just select whichever one you want to use....

Cool thanks for the heads up

Buying this phone, how ppl pay 1000e for flagship phones is beyond me

Cool thanks for the heads up

Buying this phone, how ppl pay 1000e for flagship phones is beyond me

most don't pay that directly but many still take the lazy option of rolling over a contract for an "upgrade" for sure but the number is dropping.

look at the drop in apple phone sales for example...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Got this off honorbuy the other day. Can't believe how good it is for the money. Flagship quality everything. Even MIUI is decent these days, used to be the biggest thing that put me off Xiaomi phones, but I haven't even applied to unlock to bootloader so far and mightn't even do it at all.

Got this off honorbuy the other day. Can't believe how good it is for the money. Flagship quality everything. Even MIUI is decent these days, used to be the biggest thing that put me off Xiaomi phones, but I haven't even applied to unlock to bootloader so far and mightn't even do it at all.

What does that mean? As in not install nova launcher

What does that mean? As in not install nova launcher

you can install nova launcher no problem from the app store

unlocking the bootloader is only required if you want to install a custom rom - MIUI is very good now so don't worry about it.

Doesn't work with my fitbit charge 2 sadly...

Doesn't work with my fitbit charge 2 sadly...

Strike that... It syncs... Works fine

• Registered Users Posts: 5,408 ✭✭✭droidman123

The quickball feature is brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Harika

I am using gcam on my mi 8 and it wipes the floor with the stock miui camera, especially in low light conditions as previously posted

I just tried the low light option there and I was wowed. What a difference

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

you can install nova launcher no problem from the app store

I own the full version and used it for a while (also used extensively on previous phones).
    However I've grown to like Poco Launcher, also made by Xiaomi.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mi.android.globallauncher

Advertisement