Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi 9T

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Jasper79

Harika wrote: »
    Torn between the 9t and the mi mix 3. 40 Euro difference. Was looking at the note 7 before but the notch annoys me

Mi 9t has NFC and Netflix hd swung it for me

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bodonnell

For the sake of €40 I'd go for the mix 3 if only for the higher spec chip & slide feature

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

What's the best place to buy one of these? Honorbuy and eglobal EU shops are they both reliable and quick shipping with no customs? Or any other alternatives? I was thinking of ordering tomorrow, would I have t before Friday? (On holidays Saturday morning) if not, I can wait to order until I am back. Any suggestions appreciated. Even thinking of the Pro model but is it worth the extra?

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bodonnell

Have used Honorbuy several times, no duties & quick delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Harika

bodonnell wrote: »
    For the sake of €40 I'd go for the mix 3 if only for the higher spec chip & slide feature

if only if had a 4k battery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

bodonnell wrote: »
    Have used Honorbuy several times, no duties & quick delivery

333euro plus 12 euro delivery for a 2 to 5 day delivery with no customs, 6/64gb model, tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Dunne_bkill

Jasper79 wrote:
    I got one from Amazon.es, 64gb model. Really good phone, battery and camera are great and screen nice and clear. so far so good.

What Charger are you using? The one from the box? I see the socket won't work in Ireland. Will a converter work OK or can you recommend a charger?

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭breeno

What Charger are you using? The one from the box? I see the socket won't work in Ireland. Will a converter work OK or can you recommend a charger?

How are people finding this phone? I'm using a Pixel 2 xl and fancy a change and this feels like a good fit. Probably a slight downgrade in camera but otherwise an upgrade on most specs.

I'm using old fast charger from a Samsung phone one you just put the usb cable into

breeno wrote: »
    How are people finding this phone? I'm using a Pixel 2 xl and fancy a change and this feels like a good fit. Probably a slight downgrade in camera but otherwise an upgrade on most specs.

I'm finding it really good.fast to use great battery life and really good camera can't fault it really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

I've a handful of these (https://ie.rs-online.com/web/p/travel-adapters/7839561/) and these (https://ie.rs-online.com/web/p/travel-adapters/7839568/) at home. Anything with an EU plug gets one of them attached. They clamp around the plug and secure with a screw so none of the usual travel adapter awkwardness.

EDIT: Direct links don't seem to be working with the Boards redirect? Try this for the general search: https://ie.rs-online.com/web/c/connectors/mains-iec-connectors-accessories/travel-adapters/?searchTerm=PowerConnections Europe UK

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Shanegggg

Anybody order one from Amazon Spain?
    Placed the order on the 6th, shipped on the 11th and still no sign of it!

going for €279 on eglobal now - great price. tempted to upgrade tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Do all 9Ts have NFC? Im looking at the global editions on Honorbuy & eGlobal and its not mentioned.

I believe so.

https://www.mi.com/global/mi-9-t/

mentioned on this page. search nfc

seller pages don't always mention NFC tbh.

glasso wrote: »
    I believe so.

https://www.mi.com/global/mi-9-t/

mentioned on this page. search nfc

seller pages don't always mention NFC tbh.

Thanks, I saw that and it's also mentioned on Amazon es but not on the 2 previously mentioned.

there is only one version of the mi 9t afaik.

it itself is effectively the global version of the K20.

glasso wrote: »
    there is only one version of the mi 9t afaik.

it itself is effectively the global version of the K20.

If I remember rightly, some of the online stores flashed different versions of android onto the phone. Doing that to an NFC phone disables it afaik. I doubt it's the case here but that's my reason for asking.

T-Bird wrote: »
    Do all 9Ts have NFC? Im looking at the global editions on Honorbuy & eGlobal and its not mentioned.

As Long as it is the MI9T it will have it. The K20 Global Rom I'm not so sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

I have a mi 8 and was considering upgrading to a Mi9t but looking at the spec of kimovil, it doesn't seem like that much of an "upgrade" (except for the camera) or maybe im missing something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

I have a mi 8 and was considering upgrading to a Mi9t but looking at the spec of kimovil, it doesn't seem like that much of an "upgrade" (except for the camera) or maybe im missing something?
    Ye it wouldn't be an upgrade at all.maybe wait and see if they bring out a 9t-pro with the 855 Snapdragon.

camera and bigger battery.

in-screen fingerprint reader if that is an upgrade also.

no notch due to pop-up camera.

730 is very similar to the 845 in real-world perf but more efficient

but not a big upgrade for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭webels

decent price.

works out about 330 euro delivered vs 308 euro on eglobal (chepest) for 128gb

375 delivered on amazon spain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Good price from Aliexpress from Mi Global store
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33026068560.html?spm=a2g0s.8937518.0.0.3c2c2e0eAoHXMP
    Works out at around €273 with DHL delivery

Edit with 6gb and 64gb...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

This info is for the Mi 9T PRO.
    The Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro official EU release is imminent.
    Said to start at €429 for the base version.

(I also posted this info in the K20 thread. Potentially the K20 Pro might never be officially launched in Europe under that name, only as Mi 9T Pro).

I suppose keep an eye out on Amazon.es and Honorbuy EU for availablity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

My niece got a Mi 9t 128gb on my recommendation - she always had iPhones before this :eek:
    She's very pleased with it but for some reason the RTE player app refuses to play in fullscreen - any help appreciated.

I had a play around with it - very impressed but I reckon it would take me a while to get used to miui. I'm a longterm oneplus user so used to near stock android. There's an annoying amount of xiaomi apps that can't be uninstalled/disabled so have to be hidden in a folder.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Harika

Bought the 9T at the end from honorbuy.
    Battery is a beast, acceptable fast and nice gimmick with the camera and no notch or hole in the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

digitaldr wrote: »
    My niece got a Mi 9t 128gb on my recommendation - she always had iPhones before this :eek:
    She's very pleased with it but for some reason the RTE player app refuses to play in fullscreen - any help appreciated.

I had a play around with it - very impressed but I reckon it would take me a while to get used to miui. I'm a longterm oneplus user so used to near stock android. There's an annoying amount of xiaomi apps that can't be uninstalled/disabled so have to be hidden in a folder.

Coming from a oneplus 3T im thinking of pulling the trigger on the mi9T. Looks like a decent upgrade for me. Is it just a bit of bloatware? I recently updated my 3T to Android Pie so i take it this phone runs that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

As in the two prong? But if you use an adapter will it work?

Ive been using a ONEPLUS Dash Charger the past couple years with an adapter and it hasnt bothered me at all. I take it the same will work

Advertisement