Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,266 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Jaysus lads, you have an honest description fro Stephen on his view but yet you are still running around with pitch forks trying to put a label on him and shunt him into a box.

You should be happy that you have someone honest from an 'opposite' side to have a discussion with rather than trying to dial back anything he says by pigeonholing him.

when you espouse racist conspiracy theories like the great replacement dont be surprised when people call you racist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

batgoat wrote: »
    He has adamantly claimed that the gear replacement is occurring. A conspiracy of the far right and white supremacists. He proudly supports the national party, which is led by a guy who attended Neo Nazi rallies. He has regularly said that he doesn't view certain people to be really Irish even though they're Irish citizens and have been born here. He only generally seems to apply that rule if they don't fit what an Irish person should look like in his vision.

That's only off hand examples, there are many more.

The great replacement is just a name I've heard given to replacement migration which has already happened in places like Savile Town in Yorkshire and Molenbeek in Brussels and is happening here in places like Blanchardstown, Longford and Balbriggan.

Saying supporting the National Party is racist is just stupid, Justin Barrett is an Irish Nationalist but I wouldn't call him a racist he attended a few neo nazi rallies years ago on a pro life message and he admitted in an interview he regrets it. Saying the National Party is racist is like saying Trump and all his supporters are racist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Il Fascista

when you espouse racist conspiracy theories like the great replacement dont be surprised when people call you racist.

The UN themselves use the term "replacement migration", so I can totally understand why some may jump to conclusions.

The UN themselves use the term "replacement migration", so I can totally understand why some may jump to conclusions.

The great replacement theory is a white supremacy dog whistle and everybody who uses it is either a racist or thick beyond words. It is the motivation behind several mass murders.

The great replacement theory is a white supremacy dog whistle and everybody who uses it is either a racist or thick beyond words. It is the motivation behind several mass murders.

So are the UN racists?

• Advertisement

Stephen15 wrote: »
    So are the UN racists?

do they call it the great replacement?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

So are the UN racists?

Are you the UN?

do they call it the great replacement?

The great replacement is just another name for replacement migration

No its not. and thank you for clearing up which of the two groups i mentioned you belong in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 408 ✭✭SoundsRight

Delighted they cleared that guy over the Grenfell tower effigy thing. We're starting to see a pushback against this idea that everything is racist if they say it's racist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Saying the National Party is racist is like saying Trump and all his supporters are racist.
    No, no it's not like saying that. You just cant say 1+1=3 Cop on to yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

You're lying Stephen and I would be astounded if you've never searched for the term..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Delighted they cleared that guy over the Grenfell tower effigy thing. We're starting to see a pushback against this idea that everything is racist if they say it's racist.

I had to google that. What a scumbag...

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭ollkiller

Saying supporting the National Party is racist is just stupid, Justin Barrett is an Irish Nationalist but I wouldn't call him a racist he attended a few neo nazi rallies years ago on a pro life message and he admitted in an interview he regrets it. Saying the National Party is racist is like saying Trump and all his supporters are racist.

You're so right. Last time i wanted to get my pro life message across my first port of call was to research which neo nazi rally to attend. And there isn't a racist bone in our dear Irish patriot Justin's body. He is as pure as the white driven snow, which by coincidence is the only colour of a true Irish person.

I had to google that. What a scumbag...

It was in bad taste, yes, but humour is subjective.

ollkiller wrote: »
    You're so right. Last time i wanted to get my pro life message across my first port of call was to research which neo nazi rally to attend. And there isn't a racist bone in our dear Irish patriot Justin's body. He is as pure as the white driven snow, which be coincidence is the only colour of a true Irish person.
    Now that's sarcasm Stephen.

It was in bad taste, yes, but humour is subjective.
    Licking your plate at a fancy restaurant is bad taste. What he did was pretty sickening.

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Licking your plate at a fancy restaurant is bad taste. What he did was pretty sickening.

Making jokes about priests, the holocaust, slavery etc. is pretty sickening too. Doesn't mean you should get taken to court over it. Whatever idiots decided to waste taxpayers money bringing this to trial should be made pay it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,242 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I wasnt aware that was being treated as a racist incident if its one I am thinking of...do you have a link that states that it was?
    It fell under a public order offence as far as I remember.

It was vile btw.

Making jokes about priests, the holocaust, slavery etc. is pretty sickening too. Doesn't mean you should get taken to court over it. Whatever idiots decided to waste taxpayers money bringing this to trial should be made pay it back.
    It's actually called a public order offence of causing another person harassment, alarm or distress:
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/nov/06/grenfell-bonfire-video-police-search-house-as-five-men-questioned

• Advertisement

I think there's a huge difference between telling an off-colour joke about any topic and creating a model of a tower and setting it on fire while filming it and laughing...

gmisk wrote: »
    I wasnt aware that was being treated as a racist incident if its one I am thinking of...do you have a link that states that it was?
    It fell under a public order offence as far as I remember.

It was vile btw.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-49435117

He was charged with posting grossly offensive material online. Prosecution claimed it was racist. He said it was just a bit of banter between friends. Judge took the common sense approach. Hope he can put the ordeal behind him.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,940 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Kimsang wrote: »
    You just keep digging that hole don't you? The very first request I made to you

was met with..

And since then not once have you supplied any evidence, except for weird spiels about immigration and brown countries.

You could have ended this discussion about 300 posts ago, but no you continue to not supply evidence and keep digging a hole. The tactics you are employing is the reason people can't communicate and debate anymore. You can label whoever you like a racist and get away with it. Disgusting. I find people like you vile and disgusting.

What you mean to say is I told you exactly what was demonstrated and you chose to ignore it. You’re too lazy to use the search feature and want me to do your work for you at this point, and given your loaded agenda trying to attack me rather than find out what actually happened doesn’t inspire me to do the homework for you. As you can see other posters on the thread who have actually been involved in the thread know exactly what I’m talking about - it’s not us, it’s you. Go read the thread you disgusting and vile person without integrity.

He was charged with posting grossly offensive material online. Prosecution claimed it was racist. He said it was just a bit of banter between friends. Judge took the common sense approach. Hope he can put the ordeal behind him.
    Dear oh dear oh dear. That's not correct. She couldn't be certain:
    "Acquitting Bussetti, she (the judge) said: “I cannot be sure the video relied on by the Crown is the one taken by the defendant.” She added that she could not be sure the figures on the tower were not meant to be the defendant and his friends, imagery that she said was “in colossal bad taste”.
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/aug/22/paul-bussetti-court-effigy-grenfell-tower-bonfire-joke-about-own-friend-group-video

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Dear oh dear oh dear. That's not correct. She couldn't be certain:
    "Acquitting Bussetti, she (the judge) said: “I cannot be sure the video relied on by the Crown is the one taken by the defendant.” She added that she could not be sure the figures on the tower were not meant to be the defendant and his friends, imagery that she said was “in colossal bad taste”.
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/aug/22/paul-bussetti-court-effigy-grenfell-tower-bonfire-joke-about-own-friend-group-video

It really is the strangest case to pick as a victory for common sense...

:rolleyes:
    Seriously? Now you are definitely just trolling.

Bad taste, even on a colossal scale, should not see you dragged to court. He really should have been granted anonymity like in rape cases.

The video might not be racist and he wasnt charged with that...it was a public order offence.

By the way...lets be honest though he is a racist...
    The court previously heard a number of sickening racist messages included in Bussetti’s bad character material.

In one, he calls the priest who married Prince Harry and Meghan Markle a ‘n*****’.

One photo was said to have consisted of a black man with children playing on top of him.

Prosecutor Philip Stott read the caption: "The male n****rpotamus, a rare sight to see, he will soon abandon them and leave them to the female.'

He told the court that there was a picture of a gallows with the caption: "n****r swing set".

The prosecutor previously said another image was a picture of black babies in a KFC bucket with the caption: 'How to get a black man to see his kids.'

Images shared among friends by Bussetti also include KKK imagery, mocking Muslims and the 9/11 tragedy, referencing it to the game Angry Birds, changing the second word to Muslims.

Bad taste, even on a colossal scale, should not see you dragged to court. He really should have been granted anonymity like in rape cases.

You really don't get how rape cases work do you, seems to be a common issue with you.

• Advertisement

The fried chicken thing isn't racist though. They've recently put anti-knife meassages on snackboxes in England to deter them from stabbing one another. Is that racist too?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement