Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf - Winter Is Here - Game of Thrones II Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Necro wrote: »
    Reading sKeiths ISOs and Skunk and trit do stand out.

Did they stand out to you before his iso?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

tusk wrote: »
    Did they stand out to you before his iso?

Skunk's icky pocket on fixxxer did.

I didn't notice trit if I'm honest.

Forgot he did Stu as well (giggidy)

Stu I think said in the other thread he wasn't going to be very active yesterday so I'll give him a pass on that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Morning all. Happy unbirthday tusk!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Going by my read, house missions only kick in after NK is killed. Then it is house v house.

Yeah agree with this assessment

fixxxer wrote: »
    Morning all. Happy unbirthday tusk!

Cheers buddy.

I finished Northern Lights. Give it a 6.5 out of 10...

It seemed to be very superficial, like most of the story was very skin deep. I enjoyed it, but expected more depth. Hopefully that comes in the next two books.

The perfomances were fantastic! Some serious talent in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,428 ✭✭✭tritium

sKeith wrote: »
    fail

acknolegement of fail

fail

so tuff

fail

more fail

more acknolegement of fail

i tried to interact and even offered up the png link to make it work,

7 posts of true junk.

nothing added to thread at all, not even a real court jester entry....

:(

Morning skeith

Tough iso for you there. I’m afraid that what happens when you combine traveling and mobile

Don’t worry I’m sure there’s much more in the billions of gifs we all had to wade through yesterday

Nope, PJ not playing...

Maybe, I'm not sure. Just based off the OP would make sense in my own head anyways.

So if we take it at face value that you're Brienne are you not aligned to the Starks and Sansa in particular?

Wasn’t brienne also aligned to the Lannister’s via Jamie?

tritium wrote: »
    Wasn’t brienne also aligned to the Lannister’s via Jamie?

Yeah that's true, though she has that oath to keep with Sansa so I was thinking that more likely

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I don't really like ISOs on D0 stuff as I know mine is all fluffy gifs for the most part and people can twist that but in recent games people have screwed up with their first few posts. Harley Quinn in the last game accidentally calling out to Joker (when she didn't actually need to) or myself in one previous to that "reading the OP wrong" and giving out info only the wolves could know for sure at that stage.

That said it could easily be SK still and he is trying to get people focusing on others instead of himself or those he plans to potentially convert but as per usual I don't like the term "lock" when nothing is certain.

I dont mind the ISO day one stuff, nothing wrong with someone looking for clues.

That said I wouldnt be lynching someone for pure fluff on day zero.

A few things from the OP

The houses get rooms after NK team is dead. This likely implies any converts die with him since otherwise that mechanic would be likely to only happen very late in the game.

However if the NK converts rather than kills that also gives them a block for voting that they’re likely not too worried about using

Without a seer role it will be very difficult to isolate the NK

• Advertisement

A few things from the OP

The houses get rooms after NK team is dead. This likely implies any converts die with him since otherwise that mechanic would be likely to only happen very late in the game.

However if the NK converts rather than kills that also gives them a block for voting that they’re likely not too worried about using

Without a seer role it will be very difficult to isolate the NK

If the block grows though we might win peeks through prizes and be able to isolate the NK through voting patterns.

It's not gonna be easy that's for sure

Can’t see anything in the op about what action starts the game. I’m assuming NK will get the first action and no reference to munch probably implies it will be a conversion

Can’t see anything in the op about what action starts the game. I’m assuming NK will get the first action and no reference to munch probably implies it will be a conversion

Lynch form opens post munch, so conversion acting in place of a munch?

quickbeam wrote: »
    Oh, my memory is that it was PJ. Is he even playing?? I'll take your word that it's Guffy though.

As I'm not in a house, I don't know, but, do they have "side missions". Like Lannisters have to defeat the Brotherhood?

The OP mentions other factions may exist, but may isn't definite. Claiming Brienne puts you outside the house set up. One reason for that could be if an alignment peek was a prize, not an unreasonable idea given the game set up. So would the Night King show as unaligned if peeked? Not lynching you yet, but don't want an unverified Brienne claim to have you LOCK CLEAR in people's minds.

If the block grows though we might win peeks through prizes and be able to isolate the NK through voting patterns.

It's not gonna be easy that's for sure

Yeah but catching walkers is useless by itself if NK can generate more as the pool of players dwindles. Focus needs to be on getting the NK itself while managing any voting block I guess. Maybe we’ll understand the mechanic better after 10

Lynch form opens post munch, so conversion acting in place of a munch?

Yep that was my assumption all right

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Nope, PJ not playing...

Maybe, I'm not sure. Just based off the OP would make sense in my own head anyways.

So if we take it at face value that you're Brienne are you not aligned to the Starks and Sansa in particular?

Not the Starts. But Catelyn.

Skunk's icky pocket on fixxxer did.

I didn't notice trit if I'm honest.

Forgot he did Stu as well (giggidy)

Stu I think said in the other thread he wasn't going to be very active yesterday so I'll give him a pass on that too.

I know you hate people answering for others. But ... my impression of Stinky was just that she hadn't seen Fix in a while since he's left us in the other place. I hadn't read more than that in to it.

Yeah but catching walkers is useless by itself if NK can generate more as the pool of players dwindles. Focus needs to be on getting the NK itself while managing any voting block I guess. Maybe we’ll understand the mechanic better after 10

Well my thinking is that the NK is gonna be very hard to find. But however if we find a white walker we can link them back to the NK, particularly in the early votes.

I agree focus should be on NK though, just how we find him might be through his minions

Not the Starts. But Catelyn.

Also problematic as Cat Stark is long dead at the particular point in time we seem to be at.

• Advertisement

Kinda stating the obvious.

Noted :)

I know you hate people answering for others. But ... my impression of Stinky was just that she hadn't seen Fix in a while since he's left us in the other place. I hadn't read more than that in to it.

Skunk is very pockety in general, this is true.

She has a great tone about her posts that can be hard to read her alignment from.

Fooled me in the last game, so I'm being cautious

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Morning all.

Two things to mention after a quipping k skim this morning.

The crossbow bolt phrase was more trying to remain somewhat within the realms of the world we all inhabit. “Bullets” are a bit rare in Westeros, so I went with a more infamous projectile.

The most significant observation from Keith’s ISOs was Trit’s failures to do the meme task. If I was the NK, I’d want to 100% nab a prize, if only to block the village getting all three. I’d put money on the NK being someone who successfully got the two posted up yesterday.

Don’t suppose anyone has a list of which posters were active and put up two successful attempts yet?

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Morning all.

The most significant observation from Keith’s ISOs was Trit’s failures to do the meme task. If I was the NK, I’d want to 100% nab a prize, if only to block the village getting all three. I’d put money on the NK being someone who successfully got the two posted up yesterday.

Don’t suppose anyone has a list of which posters were active and put up two successful attempts yet?

Great point Lord.

I do.

At home :(

Morning all.

Two things to mention after a quipping k skim this morning.

The crossbow bolt phrase was more trying to remain somewhat within the realms of the world we all inhabit. “Bullets” are a bit rare in Westeros, so I went with a more infamous projectile.

Unless the NK can't win prizes then it's a great cover. I was wondering about using the prizes to clear villagers but that didn't go well in a previous game.

Skunk is very pockety in general, this is true.

She has a great tone about her posts that can be hard to read her alignment from.

Fooled me in the last game, so I'm being cautious

Yeah, she fooled me too. So your caution about her is fine and I've no problem with you pointing it out (gives me a different angle as I'd taken it as grand myself, might make others think too).

Unless the NK can't win prizes then it's a great cover. I was wondering about using the prizes to clear villagers but that didn't go well in a previous game.

Yeah :o

Sorry about that

(Not really :P )

Just on this, I don't see why the NK or indeed his minions couldn't win prizes. Nothing seems to disbar them from doing so in the OP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

Morning all, 10am munch? I thought 9am for some reason. I’m going to be in powerscourt gardens most likely f the day so should be good to be on here too provided a signal exists.

Advertisement