Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf - Winter Is Here - Game of Thrones II Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Guffy

Knew it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Guffy wrote: »

something to listen to to inspire proper thought processes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

Guffy wrote: »

SKeith is not one to annoy.

tritium wrote: »
    #CourtJester

search?client=safari&channel=ipad_bm&source=hp&ei=E6BZXffYLcjQkwXVs4CwCg&q=game+of+thrkones+meme&oq=game+of+thrkones+meme&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-hp.3..0i13l8.2458.13674..14666...0.0..0.378.2485.8j12j0j1......0....1.......8..41i275j41j41i22i30j0i131j46i131j0j46j46i275j46i10i275j0i10j46i13i275.qO3FuTm-eSY#imgrc=qWu1LKp0nikpGM:

Evening all
    fail

Hmm that didn’t work so well :(
    acknolegement of fail
    Try try again....

#CourtJester

Ha6QzP2ZZ9PAVUvi9
    fail
    Not so easy on mobile
    so tuff
    fail
    ##CourtJester

if-monday-morning-was-a-person-3ef7289ee0d94a1d97393c38862e5f5f
    more fail
    Well cook this’s, I guess we’ll never know
    more acknolegement of fail

i tried to interact and even offered up the png link to make it work,

7 posts of true junk.

nothing added to thread at all, not even a real court jester entry....

:(

LadySkunk wrote: »
    Hey everyone :)
    hey
    Okay I’ve just caught up on my lunch.

Holy moly that OP is something to work through alright! :pac:

I would assume that the nightking is not alone. He had the main group of whitewalkers with him in the show before we saw him resurrecting people and that. Maybe one of them will become NK if he gets killed off too early?

I know he gets a convert each day but it would seem like an odd choice to have him alone starting off in case he gets dead straight away.
    why not alone?
    why not he gets a recruit before any chance of being killed off?

Is the meme comp still running? Just home from work going to post a couple then have a read back :)
    8 hours from 1-9, question for no reason.

I’m having technical difficulties, damn images!! :(

excuses for nothing.

Hahahahaha. No I’m dying a slow and painful death, I’d rather not move from where I am. That’s after cracking me up though :pac:

Is the only way to link an image if I upload it to a site first and then use the link?

question that everyone knows is false and was explained by necro and a game mod already

0aaaf71d0c5b38268f5a572acfd0fca6.jpg

#courtjester
    meme
    niz95qb.jpg

#courtjester
    meme
    Oh Fixxxy how I’ve missed you :pac:

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51aca18410063a81273953bc29beb4c79c677fe8a6d&rid=giphy.gif

attempt to pocket fixxxer, and thankfully denied by fixxer.

*vommit emoji*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Guffy

SKeith is not one to annoy.

Pfff

cool-cat-walking-i-do-what-i-want-meme.png

Sk is my lock Nightking, we are searching for a 1 in a 21 shot and he is pulling isos from day 0, from loads of people.

Its a very skatter gun approach, on random ****e talk

Very much seems like he is throwing around accusations to see what sticks and what doesn't. He will convert from this info he gets.

Boooooooooooooom

I drink and I know things gif :cool:

Another note the lack of people claiming prizes, makes me feel the winners are are putting houses before the vilage

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Getting my excuse in early :pac:

Might not be super active this week (will still be involved almost as much as usual but) as it's the first week of a new term in work/school we will be extra busy after today.

Hopefully after Munch (if it is a munch) we will know a bit more as right now I don't really have much of an idea of who may be the NK beyond Guffy making a weird post about not focusing on the NK. Dandy suspected SK but honestly I don't think the mods would make it that easy that the first person to win a comp gets made the NK, they would want him well hidden to begin with so that anything they have planned gets at least a chance to happen (and I guess they actually clarified this). No roles so id assume that all powers roles would usually have will be given via competitions so it makes sense to me that winners (apart from Dandy who was obviously confident enough not to) would stay hidden until they have used the powers. That said the comp rules kind of out them anyway if anyone looked back at number of thanks so...

I wonder if maybe the NK can like in the show only convert those who have died. So technically there would be a munch but they wouldn't tell us who died as that would give away who was turned into a white

• Advertisement

Sk is my lock Nightking, we are searching for a 1 in a 21 shot and he is pulling isos from day 0, from loads of people.

Its a very skatter gun approach, on random ****e talk

Very much seems like he is throwing around accusations to see what sticks and what doesn't. He will convert from this info he gets.

Boooooooooooooom

I don't really like ISOs on D0 stuff as I know mine is all fluffy gifs for the most part and people can twist that but in recent games people have screwed up with their first few posts. Harley Quinn in the last game accidentally calling out to Joker (when she didn't actually need to) or myself in one previous to that "reading the OP wrong" and giving out info only the wolves could know for sure at that stage.

That said it could easily be SK still and he is trying to get people focusing on others instead of himself or those he plans to potentially convert but as per usual I don't like the term "lock" when nothing is certain.

Another note the lack of people claiming prizes, makes me feel the winners are are putting houses before the vilage

The way I see it, the prize winners are keeping quiet because they probably won a day 1 power. There are no roles in play and powers are seemingly won via competitions in this game.

If for example you won a D1 peek Mick, I doubt you would say that now and then leave yourself open to being converted at Munch time and giving the NK your power.

quickbeam wrote: »

Purely just a fun personal element for me Stu. It wasn't meant to be a benefit (or a hindrance) to the wider village in any way.

Cheers QB. I've since read though that you made a soft claim for Brienne and I see this happened around 1:30pm, before your stated time of 2pm for checking your game PM. So, did you check it before 2pm to see that you were Brienne? Or are you just messing about with the Brienne SC? Conflicting info could be a hindrance to the village, or there could be benefits I just can't see yet.

I know it is only n0 and messing about does habitually occur, but you're not usually a habitual messer about are you? I could be wrong.

Lol I’m a week and a half into the father in laws visit. He is a pig ignorant cnut

Nothing, just that made me LOL.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    If I get a crossbow bolt, I'm offing Drumpot.

Why would you get a crossbow bolt? OP says that prizes could be specific to characters.

sKeith wrote: »
    please be more verbose, your short post are worrying me. QB finds you in anon because you are verbose, but you are not in this game so far.

It shouldn't worry you too much buddy, not this early. I mentioned in the sign-up thread before PMs went out that I had a loaded Sunday with work and it would be Monday before I'd get into the game. I posted what I could on Sunday, and I even rushed things that much that I missed the fact that I needed to tag #court jester to competition entries. The Hasselhoff meme was my opportunity to enter with an original meme, but I didn't tag it appropriately.

I'm never a prolific poster early on in games purely down to the fact that I work weekends and late. Even with less complex games it takes me a while to get into things.

So, if the NK and his converts are killed, the game continues and only then can the real politicking begin according to OP win conditions…
    If or when the nightkings team dies, the game will continue to determine which House rules over Westeros. Each house will be given a backroom to meet with the surviving members of their House. Each House will be given 1 anonymous boards.ie account which they can use to post on thread.

The winning House(s) will be determined by whichever House has numerical superiority. For example, if House Stark has 3 surviving members, and there are only 2 other players remaining from House Lannister (at the point when the Night Kings team is killed), the Starks will automatically win.

Surviving House’s can form alliances with each other on thread, using their provided anonymous accounts. When an alliance is formed, the sum total of members in the alliance will count towards the tally for numerical superiority. So, for example, House Stark has 2 players and House Lannister has 2 players, and there are 3 other players alive from other houses; if House’s Stark and Lannister ally, they will win the game.

Alliances can be declared when Houses, using their anon account, both declare ‘House XXX allies with House YYY’, where ‘House XXX’ is the players house and ‘House YYY’ is the House they want to ally with. Alliances take effect when both Houses within a prospective alliance have declared the alliance, but will count towards numerical superiority at the end of the cycle they are declare in (either day or night). Alliances can be broken by declaring a new alliance. The three large Houses (Lannister, Stark and Targaryen) can only ally with 1 of the other 2 large houses at any one time.

For the purposes of declaring a winner, each alliance will need a name.
    From that, I get an inkling that there are no other straight-up evil teams outside of the NK's faction. Game of Thrones was admired (early on) for its complex characters who weren't binary in their morals, weren't outright good or bad. The heroes were flawed, the villains had their reasons, with all big players scheming with or fighting against each other to win the Throne. I suspect this is the way that it will be in this game. If/when we banish the NK, the game records will show a village win, but we the village will have to form Houses to try and outnumber other houses to get a very specific win.

TVDR: No evils IMO apart from the NK. Like the show, we deal with the supernatural/evil threat, and in the aftermath likely tear ourselves apart vying for power. Nice one, mods :(

(No, I'm not the Night King. Not in the game, even if in life it seems to have long gone that way with the hours I keep.)

Now, sleepy sounds for sleep.

Why would you get a crossbow bolt? OP says that prizes could be specific to characters.

Another reason why prize winners may not come forward immediately. If prizes could be (important two words there) character specific then someone announcing they have a prize before its used could out their character.

A crossbow bolt could be for Bronn for example not that he would be the only one - iirc a dragon was killed by crossbow bolt.

Ok gotta work now

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

This is the only mention of munch, which could just signify dawn. It may be a teminology slip, but we'll see in the morning. As I said already, I'm not expecting a death in the morning, as i don't believe thats how the mechanics of this game are setup, but as with you, i'm not definete about it, but find it more stastically likely that we have no munch death.

That doesn't change with the updated OP no?

Flipside is that the Night King raises all the people he kills from the dead so it would be slightly off canon to have him kill permanently.

As a side note I really like it, conversion games sometimes annoy me but when done in this context it seems to work a lot better.

Also I've never played in one as I'm usually modding them lol.

That said we probably should lynch Barney.

It's what he'd want if he were playing.

He'll probably get converted from the DR or wherever he's observing the game :P

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Soft claiming Tyrion was my initial thought on Lord being specific about crossbow bolts.

Why Drumpot though. I'm not sure he ever explained that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Okay, not too bad amount of posts to catch up on this morning. Thank-you folks :P
    Necro wrote: »
    The update in the OP makes me think that Ecto might be right about there being multiple evils.

If so there may be a munch with the conversion and I'm probably gonna get got lol.

Either by evil QB or someone trying to make people think QB is evil.

Dandy's claiming of the prize troubles me a little bit, keep an eye on what he says it is, hopefully it's just me being skeptical but if it's something not provable then he needs further scrutiny.

I've also reservations about QB, I think her whole thing with me supposedly lying was bizarre, an argument out of nowhere over something not provable either way.

fixxxer also. Like he says he's working for the good of his house but is it not in the house's interest to eliminate the Night King above anything else.

Houses need to work together to kill the Night King or they are going to lose to him, it's that simple.

Game is straight up at the moment, wolves vs village, ignore the other game state as it hasn't and won't happen until we get the Night King.

There isn't much else I can really get despite all the posts today. That's me out for tonight anyways.

I'm not evil.

Yeah, it pissed me off that you said you'd thanked posts that you clearly hadn't -- at the time of me gathering the information -- and making it sound like *I* was the liar, when I was the only one being bothered to gather information.

That doesn't make me evil. That makes me someone who hates to be wrong. You know that of me already.

Cheers QB. I've since read though that you made a soft claim for Brienne and I see this happened around 1:30pm, before your stated time of 2pm for checking your game PM. So, did you check it before 2pm to see that you were Brienne? Or are you just messing about with the Brienne SC? Conflicting info could be a hindrance to the village, or there could be benefits I just can't see yet.

I know it is only n0 and messing about does habitually occur, but you're not usually a habitual messer about are you? I could be wrong.

I caved and read my PM earlier than I'd originally said. I do believe that made a post saying I'd read the PM (yep, just checked, post #157). If I was pulling some sort of evil trick, then surely I'd just stick to 2pm as that's what I'd said I'd do, right?

Kinda obvious if you look back at #140 and #16 (my meme posts) that they didn't get a lot of thanks, but might as well state for the record that I didn't win a prize.

Oh, and has PJ ever explained satisfactorily why he wants us to ignore the NK and focus on the Brotherhood? I don't think we should forget about that statement.

Oh, and has PJ ever explained satisfactorily why he wants us to ignore the NK and focus on the Brotherhood? I don't think we should forget about that statement.

You mean Guffy yeah?

Not really, he's probably a Lannister though. Don't get bad vibes from him at the moment.

As I said already the peoples in the houses need to not worry about that part of the game until we get that far.

And yes I'm aware the rules state to please play in the interest of your house.

But killing the Night King is in your interest, every house will lose and die if we don't kill him.

I feel like Jon bleedin Snow here trying to unite everyone lol.

(Disclaimer: I am not Jon Snow, I may know nothing but I am not him)

Oh, my memory is that it was PJ. Is he even playing?? I'll take your word that it's Guffy though.

As I'm not in a house, I don't know, but, do they have "side missions". Like Lannisters have to defeat the Brotherhood?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

happy birthsay, that excuse dont hold tomorrow.

meme

meme

will be looking forward to your promise of improvement tomorrow.

whats not to understand, can you expand on what you dont understand.

Cercei and a dragon dog.... Would have made more sense if it mentioned danaerys...

Don't worry. I'll be reading everything from yesterday and then my enslaught will commence

Oh, my memory is that it was PJ. Is he even playing?? I'll take your word that it's Guffy though.

As I'm not in a house, I don't know, but, do they have "side missions". Like Lannisters have to defeat the Brotherhood?

Nope, PJ not playing...

Maybe, I'm not sure. Just based off the OP would make sense in my own head anyways.

So if we take it at face value that you're Brienne are you not aligned to the Starks and Sansa in particular?

tusk wrote: »
    Cercei and a dragon dog.... Would have made more sense if it mentioned danaerys...

Don't worry. I'll be reading everything from yesterday and then my enslaught will commence

Are you planning to Red Wedding us :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Necro wrote: »
    Are you planning to Red Wedding us :eek:

My posting enslaught :pac:

Reading sKeiths ISOs and Skunk and trit do stand out.

I'm not gonna rag on them cos it's day 0 but the contributions are most definitely lacking.

Skunk's pocket attempt on fixxxer is pretty yuck alright.

I'm ignoring 2D for now, they're new, there were a lot of posts yesterday. They get a pass for today at least.

The other one is tusk and meh, twas his birthday yesterday. I suppose I'll have to give him benefit of the doubt there :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Going by my read, house missions only kick in after NK is killed. Then it is house v house.

Advertisement