Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf - Winter Is Here - Game of Thrones II Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

quickbeam wrote: »
    NK would convert somebody that wasn't being spoken about for lynch (or other death mode). No point having them for only 11 hours.

He'd a choice of 19, assuming he already knew who his right-hand-man was.

Ok but let's say you're the NK.

Who would you pick to convert to the dark side

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Lynch Form now open

https://forms.gle/w2zCj4kUk5tCMEsA9

Please report back at 1pm for todays competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

I made it with 3 minutes to go!

Thanks dandy <3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

tritium wrote: »
    It’s a tough one. I think King Digi over in one of the other kingdoms, possibly Facebookgame had a similar problem eons ago. He reckoned a one per day converter would get out of hand very quickly.

Basically if theNK has unlimited one per ay conversions that even knowing them we only keep the tide at bay by lynching them. We then rely on other kills getting the NK

That said they also vote so leaving them around is bad too

Dunno really

This is the issue. We had 2 now 3...even if we lynch a convert/general tonight unless we get the NK through other means then we are in the same position tomorrow morning.

If the prizes are kill powers then they could be the villages only real chance but so far only Dandy has said he won one and is cagey about revealing what it is - which I get.

Need to run the numbers. I doubt all 3 prizes would be kill powers but let's say 1 per day is....that means there are *maybe* 2 chances a day to get NK. How does that work out in terms of being overrun?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Aww man I hope the contest is gonna be as lengthy in timeframe for today.

I'm driving to work between 12.30 and 1.30 :(

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    This is the issue. We had 2 now 3...even if we lynch a convert/general tonight unless we get the NK through other means then we are in the same position tomorrow morning.

If the prizes are kill powers then they could be the villages only real chance but so far only Dandy has said he won one and is cagey about revealing what it is - which I get.

Need to run the numbers. I doubt all 3 prizes would be kill powers but let's say 1 per day is....that means there are *maybe* 2 chances a day to get NK. How does that work out in terms of being overrun?

Well what's the win cons - Night King gaining parity with the total number of house members yeah?

So starting off that's 12, down to 11 that we know of for definite right now. Could be less depending on who got converted.

So 2 starting, now 3

We can't be lynching, or shooting house members.

And if a villager randomly offed Clara with dragonfire that's a horrific decision so early.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Necro wrote: »

Depends on who the NK is though, doesn't it?

Someone with long term experience will choose differently than someone playing their first game? Do we say they go for a more seasoned player, someone who is experienced, but will thus probably be a bigger target quicker in the game? Or go for a newer player, someone who is a smaller target and likely to last longer (and maybe even give a new player a view of what its like to be bad).

Plus then there's the whole Dandy issue; whether he has a prize or not, he's painted a big target on his back (though perhaps too big a one).

Personally, I'd probably pick someone bang in the middle of the pack. Someone who hadn't targeted me at all, so as to avoid them having to change their stances too much. Picking someone who HAD been targetting me would be stupid, since they'd have to change tactics blatantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

Hey everyone :)

Reading back over the last few pages I’m a little touched that I scarred some of you from the last game :o

Sorry to see Clara go, sucks being first out!

I’m not the NK or a convert this game, that’s all I’ll say of my allignment.

On the convert this morning, if I was NK I would go for either SK or Necro unless I already was one of them as they’ll both be the highest posters and most tactile.

I don’t know that I’d go for them straight away though as they’d seem the obvious choice? If it was me personally I’d convert someone I’d enjoy being on a team with.

So it could be a really tactical conversion or completely personal preference which does not narrow it down :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

On conversion, who would I choose if I was NK?

It's hard and would probably change over time.

On day 1 I might go for an obvious target because even of they are lynched, well it's them dying and not me so probably sKeith/Dandy/QB

After that I might look at newbies as they can often survive or someone like Tritium or BH who are great stealth wolves.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I had sKieth as village, getting iso in before conversion and things change makes sense.

Necro and QB fighting didn't feel contrived to me so I'd be happy one or both feel a bit village. Prob slightly more necro than QB.

Tusk McDonald's post feels out of place, bringing outworks in to the game world like that.

As NK I'd probably convert 2D to be honest. New players get a lot of leeway and people can be hesitant enough to lynch them.

• Advertisement

fixxxer wrote: »
    I had sKieth as village, getting iso in before conversion and things change makes sense.

Necro and QB fighting didn't feel contrived to me so I'd be happy one or both feel a bit village. Prob slightly more necro than QB.

Tusk McDonald's post feels out of place, bringing outworks in to the game world like that.

As NK I'd probably convert 2D to be honest. New players get a lot of leeway and people can be hesitant enough to lynch them.

Are you the convert fixxxy?

Taking out house members and reducing the numbers to achieve parity would be a good tactic too...

ArcticSphericalBass-size_restricted.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Depends on who the NK is though, doesn't it?

Someone with long term experience will choose differently than someone playing their first game? Do we say they go for a more seasoned player, someone who is experienced, but will thus probably be a bigger target quicker in the game? Or go for a newer player, someone who is a smaller target and likely to last longer (and maybe even give a new player a view of what its like to be bad).

Plus then there's the whole Dandy issue; whether he has a prize or not, he's painted a big target on his back (though perhaps too big a one).

Personally, I'd probably pick someone bang in the middle of the pack. Someone who hadn't targeted me at all, so as to avoid them having to change their stances too much. Picking someone who HAD been targetting me would be stupid, since they'd have to change tactics blatantly.

So ...... whos bang in the middle, who would you pick if its you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

I would convert sk/bh to befgin with then look at a newbie.

But if nk is skunk, which is possobpe, she's more likely to convert tusk or fixxxer or someone she feels she can manipulate by being a woman and them a man.

So i guess look at who you think is nk then think like them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    On conversion, who would I choose if I was NK?

It's hard and would probably change over time.

On day 1 I might go for an obvious target because even of they are lynched, well it's them dying and not me so probably sKeith/Dandy/QB

After that I might look at newbies as they can often survive or someone like Tritium or BH who are great stealth wolves.

Morning all.

I’d go for Necro, maybe SK, get a good strategy from the start with someone who is dispensable but can leave behind advice on how to avoid wagonomics

Are you the convert fixxxy?

Taking out house members and reducing the numbers to achieve parity would be a good tactic too...

ArcticSphericalBass-size_restricted.gif

I never thought of that possibility.

Player wins a prize, is turned and uses prize to kill a villager.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

On phone now so can’t give exact name. But I’d look at the post mount and pick a player on middling to low posts who hasn’t had heat on them. If someone was kind enough to post list I’ll pick a few names. Or, wait until I’m off break and I’ll do it when back on a PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

TBH though we should actively avoid going for the convert, I would deliberately not kill either Necro or SK

But if nk is skunk, which is possobpe, she's more likely to convert tusk or fixxxer or someone she feels she can manipulate by being a woman and them a man.

To find Flanders I have to think like Flanders.

Seriously though, with 2 people on the NK team before convert, id wager one at least is experienced enough to chose a calculated convert.

Green&Red wrote: »
    TBH though we should actively avoid going for the convert, I would deliberately not kill either Necro or SK

That’s a silly statement. Convert isn’t as good a lynch as the NK but it’s still better than a non convert.

Green&Red wrote: »

Why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

Ehhh what Andy? I find this post really offensive and completely uncalled for regardless of whether you find it a joke it’s not the first time you’ve made a comment along those lines and it’s getting old.

We do not yet know what happens to converts when NK dies. I’d be perfectly happy to lynch a convert if we could find one.

Just catching up on the last ten pages. One in particular stood out as really key.

beakerjoe wrote: »

I was thinking that myself but the timing is a bit quick would you not say.

Like the convert would have to be PMed, log in, see who the team-mates are and then send their kill and it just doesn't seem feasible.

Worth considering (and I don't really wanna get too bogged down in timing) but I dunno, I think it's either a prize or the the Targaryens got a kill last night as well.

We should always go for someone on the wrong side if we know they're not good.

Certainly helped me out a bit.

I was thinking that myself but the timing is a bit quick would you not say.

Like the convert would have to be PMed, log in, see who the team-mates are and then send their kill and it just doesn't seem feasible.

Worth considering (and I don't really wanna get too bogged down in timing) but I dunno, I think it's either a prize or the the Targaryens got a kill last night as well.

Why would the Tars get a kill? There are no powers outside prizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

beakerjoe wrote: »

But there was only 3 mins between convert and Dragon kill, surely too short a time this morning anyways?!

It would of been cool if yeh Dragon gif was the one killed by the NK with the blue flame.

quickbeam wrote: »
    That’s a silly statement. Convert isn’t as good a lynch as the NK but it’s still better than a non convert.

Yeah I agree but I kind of see his point. If we are leaving converts around it's more likely their voting patterns lead us back to NK.

That being said if we have confirmed convert we should lynch them over an unknown every day unless there's a very very good reason.

• Advertisement

LadySkunk wrote: »
    Ehhh what Andy? I find this post really offensive and completely uncalled for regardless of whether you find it a joke it’s not the first time you’ve made a comment along those lines and it’s getting old.

It's a game, you shouldn't find anything offensive. It's not real life.

Advertisement