Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gang attack Garda in Drogheda

Options

Comments

You keep calling them.African without a shred of evidence. Black does not = African.

In most cases here it does
    Black equals African equals scumbags
    Lets stop pussyfooting around these and call a spade a spade

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

Evidence for this scurrilous accusation or retract please.

Someone's been watching too many box-sets of Courtroom Dramas.

enricoh wrote: »
    No doubt some posters on here believe these lads were simply waiting on the bus to bring them to their various highly skilled and highly paid jobs.
    And these guys will be paying our pensions despite what the racists say!!

LMAO!

That picture was taken years ago!

Guess what its for?

It's a promo picture for a rap group.

Embarrassed for you both :pac:

Sure it was, how could it not be when two of it's members are holding that traditional musical instrument that is the common baseball bat.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

In most cases here it does
    Black equals African equals scumbags
    Lets stop pussyfooting around these and call a spade a spade

Racist statements are against the Boards Terms of Use.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

From yesterday

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/boy-attacked-by-gang-swords-18946836

African gangs at it again yes we know the paper gives no description as per usual just like this thread title.
    Again, really no new story here at all. Growing up on the Northside of Dublin you knew not to venture into certain areas because this is what could happen to you. It's animosity towards other areas at work here, not colour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

MrFresh wrote: »
    it doesn't seem like it has gotten worse.

It's definitely gotten worse unless your just been obtuse by denying everything while in feed back calling what you perceive to be hate speech to be banned (better known as censorship)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,928 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Gatling wrote: »
    It's definitely gotten worse unless your just been obtuse by denying everything while in feed back calling what you perceive to be hate speech to be banned (better known as censorship)

i was going to say "that's becuse hate speech is a crime ya feckin moon biscuit" but i see you've had an adult edit your post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

Sure it was, how could it not be when two of it's members are holding that traditional musical instrument that is the common baseball bat.

Two interesting revelations here. Firstly, you seem to believe rap is made with musical instruments. Second, you seem to believe the display of weapons is not normal in rap. I gotta ask, do you know what rap is?

It's definitely gotten worse

Only if you are blind to all crime not committed by black people

while in feed back calling what you perceive to be hate speech to be banned (better known as censorship)

Oh no, you got me. I don't believe hate speech should be allowed or we should be having discussions on race that belong in the past.

Second, you seem to believe the display of weapons is not normal

You condone glorifying weapons?

Not a particularly sensible viewpoint you appear to be expressing, that one would want the denizens of a Dublin suburb such as Tyrrelstown to emulate the gangster rappers from an urban slum such as Compton is baffling.

But I digress, this photo is not of a musical group and you know it, anyone who wishes to claim it as fact will need to post some evidence to support such a claim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Display of weapons is ‘normal’? Is that what we have to look forward to, thanks to multiculturalism?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Display of weapons is ‘normal’? Is that what we have to look forward to, thanks to multiculturalism?

Reported. Let's see what happens

Blueshoe wrote: »

Stick to the topic at hand please. Do not comment on moderation etc in thread. It’s just noise.

dudara

You condone glorifying weapons?

Not a particularly sensible viewpoint you appear to be expressing, that one would want the denizens of a Dublin suburb such as Tyrrelstown to emulate the gangster rappers from an urban slum such as Compton is baffling.

But I digress, this photo is not of a musical group and you know it, anyone who wishes to claim it as fact will need to post some evidence to support such a claim.

interesting you all decided to ignore the last two words of my sentence to completely misconstrue my comment. That's the level you guys have to stoop to to try push your agenda.

interesting you all decided to ignore the last two words of my sentence to completely misconstrue my comment. That's the level you guys have to stoop to to try push your agenda.

No obligation to reply to anyone's opinions

What has rap got to do with a bunch of scumbags with weapons?

No obligation to reply to anyone's opinions

Indeed. But it's fairly disingenuous to blatantly misrepresent them.

What has rap got to do with a bunch of scumbags with weapons?

Did you even read the comments before your post?

Indeed. But it's fairly disingenuous to blatantly misrepresent them.

Did you even read the comments before your post?

Some lads on here would defend anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Some lads on here would defend anything.

You're still misrepresenting..

batgoat wrote: »
    You're still misrepresenting..

How? He was defending lads acting like gangsters with weapons, saying it is ‘normal’.

Sickening.

How? He was defending lads acting like gangsters with weapons, saying it is ‘normal’.

Sickening.

It's normal for rap... White rappers literally do the exact same thing...

• Advertisement

It's normal for rap... White rappers literally do the exact same thing...

So we should welcome it here?

So we should welcome it here?

Rap? If a person commits a crime, prosecute them. But rap itself, is already welcome here and has gotten on lucratively well for decades across the globe.

Rap? If a person commits a crime, prosecute them. But rap itself, is already welcome here and has gotten on lucratively well for decades across the globe.

I clearly meant glamourising violence by their displaying weapons. Should it be welcomed here?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,458 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I clearly meant glamourising violence by their displaying weapons. Should it be welcomed here?

Erm, rap albums and rappers themselves have (allegedly) "glamourised violence" for decades wether it's via pictures on album covers or the lyrics.

You would have us living in some sort of Footloose type scenario where music is banned for fear of corrupting young minds?

Sickening.

Except I wasn't.

Except I wasn't.

Disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,458 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Disgusting.

Ah would ya stop with that bolloxollogy, you're in the wrong, you know it, i know it and anyone with more than 2 brain cells knows it.

Ah would ya stop with that bolloxollogy, you're in the wrong, you know it, i know it and anyone with more than 2 brain cells knows it.

What's wrong is not calling out for being disgusting.
    Disgusting.

Cut out the squabbling. Take it to PM if you want to continue.

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

. I don't believe hate speech should be allowed or we should be having discussions on race that belong in the past.

We shouldn't be having discussion on race it's in the past ,

Well considering close to 20% of our population is made up of foreign immigrants ,it's quite relevant to 2019 and going forward, we've seen the mess other countries have by ignoring there situations when they come up and authorities bury their heads in the sand for fear of being labelled as racist for bringing it up ,

Hate speech isn't being discussed but a minority is trying to sway it to have this thread and threads in future shut down ,

If you don't like the topic ignore it and move on

Advertisement