Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

Personally i would prefer to keep an opinion as stupid as that to myself but each to their own.

I'm saying there is no proof of either. I stand by that.
    Brian? wrote:
    The 2 are not comparable. People shared pictures of Michelle Obama comparing her to a chimp, that was way beyond laughing at a haircut

There was. They were terrible. That isn't connected to what we are talking about now though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

if you cant see the difference between suggesting that somebody is transgender (not just looks like but actually are not and insulting somebodies poor choice in makeup, hair, clothes, and pretty much everything else then there isn't much point talking to you.

Apologies, I see the confusion. I wasn't aware it was said that she actually was, just that she looked like. The two are different as you say. Was this done by the media, or random people on the internet?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Overheal wrote: »
    You really don’t see the differences here?
    Orange man bad?

Is it more subtle, I have to "feel" it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

There’s a lot more to worry about with regards trump than his makeup.

True its very far down my list pf reasons to dislike him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Somehow we have moved away from the Antifa bad......Antifa good topic and moved onto general politics and political figures getting their feelings hurt over mean words.

• Advertisement

Somehow we have moved away from the Antifa bad......Antifa good topic and moved onto general politics and political figures getting their feelings hurt over mean words.

Nope. Still talking about hypocrisy of antifa supporters.

More trump inspired violence.

MISSOULA, Mont. — The attorney for a Montana man accused of throwing a 13-year-old boy to the ground at a rodeo because the teenager didn’t remove his hat during the national anthem says his client believes he was acting on an order from President Trump.

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2019-08-07/national-anthem-attack-trump

20Cent wrote:
    MISSOULA, Mont. — The attorney for a Montana man accused of throwing a 13-year-old boy to the ground at a rodeo because the teenager didn’t remove his hat during the national anthem says his client believes he was acting on an order from President Trump.

Definitely. I'm pretty sure I heard trump a report of President Trump ordering people to fracture skulls of 13 year olds who don't take off hats during national anthems.

Ironicname wrote: »
    Definitely. I'm pretty sure I heard trump a report of President Trump ordering people to fracture skulls of 13 year olds who don't take off hats during national anthems.

That's what the attacker says.

His commander in chief is telling people that if they kneel, they should be fired, or if they burn a flag, they should be punished,” attorney Lance Jaspertold The Missoulian. “He certainly didn’t understand [the attack] was a crime.

Trump will probably give him a pardon.

20Cent wrote:
    His commander in chief is telling people that if they kneel, they should be fired, or if they burn a flag, they should be punished,†attorney Lance Jaspertold The Missoulian. “He certainly didn’t understand [the attack] was a crime.

It sounds like a vicious thug's lawyer is using the left's view on Trump as a spurious reason to receive a lenient sentence.

If trump tries to pardon him, I will be first to vilify him.

• Advertisement

It sounds like a vicious thug's lawyer is using the left's view on Trump as a spurious reason to receive a lenient sentence.

If trump tries to pardon him, I will be first to vilify him.

People using trumps own words against him yet again.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/803567993036754944?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 40,154 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

20Cent wrote: »
    That's what the attacker says.

His commander in chief is telling people that if they kneel, they should be fired, or if they burn a flag, they should be punished,” attorney Lance Jaspertold The Missoulian. “He certainly didn’t understand [the attack] was a crime.

Trump will probably give him a pardon.

Trump can only pardon federal crimes

20Cent wrote:
    People using trumps own words against him yet again.

Ah right. So not using his words.

I didn't agree with trump for his opposition on that NFL player.

But to say that him saying that the NFL player was should be fired for the taking of the knee is not akin to fracturing a child's skull for not removing a hat.

That is a very tenuous link at best.

Ah right. So not using his words.

I didn't agree with trump for his opposition on that NFL player.

But to say that him saying that the NFL player was should be fired for the taking of the knee is not akin to fracturing a child's skull for not removing a hat.

That is a very tenuous link at best.

Well the guy who did it made the connection.
    Kid with the fractured skull might take solace in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,677 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Nope. Still talking about hypocrisy of antifa supporters.

Pleas explain

State department suspends staffer over reported ties to white supremacist group

Surprised he didn't get a promotion.

The State Department has suspended a staffer in its energy bureau after the Southern Poverty Law Center reported that he had ties to a white supremacist group.

The SPLC reported:

The official, Matthew Q. Gebert, works as a foreign affairs officer assigned to the Bureau of Energy Resources, a State Department spokesperson told Hatewatch. Online, and in private correspondences with other white nationalists, Gebert uses ‘Coach Finstock’ as a pseudonym. Through that alias, he expressed a desire to build a country for whites only.

‘[Whites] need a country of our own with nukes, and we will retake this thing lickety split,’ ‘Coach Finstock’ said on a May 2018 episode of ‘The Fatherland,’ a white nationalist podcast. ‘That’s all that we need. We need a country founded for white people with a nuclear deterrent. And you watch how the world trembles

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Why do you keep posting non-antifa posts in this thread?
    You understand you can create other threads?

biko wrote: »

You can't really discuss antifa without discussing fa now can ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,677 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

biko wrote: »

Fascists in the administration yo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Speaking to reporters at the White House yesterday, Trump said he was 'concerned about the rise of any group of hate' and referred to white supremacists and anti-fascist activists (antifa). He noted… 'Whether it’s any group or kind of hate ... I am concerned about it and I’ll do something about it.'

And on August 17, members of the far-right Proud Boys will meet again in Portland for a rally to “End Domestic Terrorism.” Nearby, antifascists and other counterprotesters will rally against the Proud Boys. The Portland police chief said messages posted online “suggest some attendees plan to engage in violence.” The Proud Boys are stating they will only participate in violence in self-defense. Neither group has a permit to protest. What can go wrong?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Advertisement

Terrible stories coming out of Mississippi. Hundreds of people dragged away from factories by ICE agents because they don't have the right papers on them. Kids coming home from school to find parents gone.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,324 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

My understanding is this thread is about "left-wing" extremists in the US. Please do not cloud the issues by bringing in extremism or other situations from a completely different part of the political spectrum. They have been discussed separately and I am sure will continue to be discussed in other threads

Any questions, please PM me - do not respond to this warning in-thread

Thanks

Ok so.
    There are no left wing extremists in the US.

/thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,268 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Terrible stories coming out of Mississippi. Hundreds of people dragged away from factories by ICE agents because they don't have the right papers on them. Kids coming home from school to find parents gone.

You do PR work for scab Labour as well?

20Cent wrote:

Could that also be written or read as hundreds of criminals arrested for being illegal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

This wouldn't have happened if they were legal immigrants.

Why should we feel any sympathy for criminals?

lawlolawl wrote:
    Why should we feel any sympathy for criminals?

Because if you think that American border patrol shouldn't tolerate illegal immigrants, you are racist.

Shocking

Well armed police raiding factories, the brown people are carted away until they can prove they are legal. Over half those arrested were totally legal but didn't have their papers on them so were released later on. Suppose they were just "following orders".
    Antifa are needed now more than ever to fight against this fascism.

20Cent wrote:
    Well armed police raiding factories, the brown people are carted away until they can prove they are legal. Over half those arrested were totally legal but didn't have their papers on them so were released later on. Suppose they were just "following orders". Antifa are needed now more than ever to fight against this fascism.

In your mind, poorly armed police should knock on a factory door and ask the workers, (who happen to be brown), if they happen to be legal and just take their word they are legal even though almost half aren't?

Fascists if they don't.

• Advertisement

And fight this fascism?

Should people who break the law not be arrested? Or should they get a pass if they are "brown people" like you were at pains to mention?

If this is why you support antifa or why antifa are needed, then I'm glad I oppose them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement