Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

A guy was sent to Iraq. He'd never been and couldn't speak the language.
    Died because he couldn't get insulin.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

20Cent wrote: »
    A guy was sent to Iraq. He'd never been and couldn't speak the language.
    Died because he couldn't get insulin.

Thats awful, but I don't see what that has to do with antifa

• Registered Users Posts: 40,214 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

SexBobomb wrote: »
    Thats awful, but I don't see what that has to do with antifa

It is very relevant to the discussion on the activities of ICE that you yourself were involved in an hour ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

It is very relevant to the discussion on the activities of ICE that you yourself were involved in an hour ago.

I know, I was there.. there has been a load of side discussions as some posters are desperate to get off the thread topic of antifa

SexBobomb wrote: »
    I know, I was there.. there has been a load of side discussions as some posters are desperate to get off the thread topic of antifa

Not much to say about antifa really. Tiny group, no organised. Just counter protesting far right, fascist and racist groups.
    If there were no far right group's there would be no antifa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

The Portland, OR mayor and his police department has been taken to the back of the woodshed by public opinion over the failures of the police to stop the violence that Antifa was involved in at prior events. The mayor is now promising a heavy response to any violence at the August 17 protests that will once again pit the Proud Boys against Antifa. City leaders have received information that some people are coming to spread hate and start fights and have talked about carrying weapons. The mayor has empowered and directed the Portland Police Bureau to use whatever means necessary and amass whatever resources necessary to uphold the law. The mayor is now seeking help from other law enforcement agencies across the region to build a large coalition of police and promising to push prosecutors to make sure people who do break the law face criminal charges. Rose City Antifa (Portland’s chapter), on their website, are targeting specific right wing organizers and supporters of the Proud Boy’s protest… Joe Biggs, Joey Gibson, Jered Gavin Bonneau, Shane Kohfield, Tara LaRosa, and Andrew Allwander, complete with profiles and pictures. What can go wrong? It will be interesting to see if Antifa’s violent ways are neutered at the event, and if the Proud Boys will respond, as promised, with violence for any physical attacks by Antifa upon them.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

notobtuse wrote: »
    The Portland, OR mayor and his police department has been taken to the back of the woodshed by public opinion over the failures of the police to stop the violence that Antifa was involved in at prior events. The mayor is now promising a heavy response to any violence at the August 17 protests that will once again pit the Proud Boys against Antifa. City leaders have received information that some people are coming to spread hate and start fights and have talked about carrying weapons. The mayor has empowered and directed the Portland Police Bureau to use whatever means necessary and amass whatever resources necessary to uphold the law. The mayor is now seeking help from other law enforcement agencies across the region to build a large coalition of police and promising to push prosecutors to make sure people who do break the law face criminal charges. Rose City Antifa (Portland’s chapter), on their website, are targeting specific right wing organizers and supporters of the Proud Boy’s protest… Joe Biggs, Joey Gibson, Jered Gavin Bonneau, Shane Kohfield, Tara LaRosa, and Andrew Allwander, complete with profiles and pictures. What can go wrong? It will be interesting to see if Antifa’s violent ways are neutered at the event, and if the Proud Boys will respond, as promised, with violence for any physical attacks by Antifa upon them.

I’m still waiting on proof that the mayor directed the police to go easy on Antifa. It seems to actually be the opposite now.

I think I might have to give up and let you keep repeating the lie.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Brian? wrote: »
    I’m still waiting on proof that the mayor directed the police to go easy on Antifa. It seems to actually be the opposite now.

I think I might have to give up and let you keep repeating the lie.
    Bad public opinion sure has a way of changing things, eh? The Portland mayor has historically been assigned to the Police Bureau as the police commissioner. If the Portland police department did nothing about Antifa's violence until well after the fact, who’s responsibility is it?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Bad public opinion sure has a way of changing things, eh? The Portland mayor has historically been assigned to the Police Bureau as the police commissioner. If the Portland police department did nothing about Antifa's violence until well after the fact, who’s responsibility is it?

So it’s pure conjecture? Thanks for admitting it.

they/them/theirs

Why are the proud boys marching anyway?
    What do they want?

• Advertisement

Why are the proud boys marching anyway?
    What do they want?
    It's described as a rally to "End Domestic Terrorism."

So it’s pure conjecture? Thanks for admitting it.
    Oh bother... Portland Police released a statement soon after the violent protests, contradicting Mayor Wheeler’s claims that he did not order police to stand down, blaming the Portland mayor for the lack of action against Antifa’s violence and asking him to “remove the handcuffs from our officers” to let them stop it.

https://defensemaven.io/bluelivesmatter/news/portland-police-union-tells-mayor-to-remove-the-handcuffs-he-s-put-on-cops-tDcJ3qEBpkqH0phxRHk5EA/

• Registered Users Posts: 40,214 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

It's described as a rally to "End Domestic Terrorism."

So white supremacists want to end domestic terrorisism? has nobody told them that they and others like them ARE the domestic terrorism problem in america?

So white supremacists want to end domestic terrorisism? has nobody told them that they and others like them ARE the domestic terrorism problem in america?
    Their disgusting and hateful words is considered free speech and is protected under the US Constitution, and not considered domestic terrorism.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,392 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Isn't their leader black?

Oh bother... Portland Police released a statement soon after the violent protests, contradicting Mayor Wheeler’s claims that he did not order police to stand down, blaming the Portland mayor for the lack of action against Antifa’s violence and asking him to “remove the handcuffs from our officers” to let them stop it.

https://defensemaven.io/bluelivesmatter/news/portland-police-union-tells-mayor-to-remove-the-handcuffs-he-s-put-on-cops-tDcJ3qEBpkqH0phxRHk5EA/

Portland Police did no such thing, the head of the police union expressed an opinion. And the Mayor strongly refuted the allegations. So you choose to believe the one you want to believe.

they/them/theirs

Portland Police did no such thing, the head of the police union expressed an opinion. And the Mayor strongly refuted the allegations. So you choose to believe the one you want to believe.
    You can believe a politician fighting for his political life. I'll believe the rank and file police officers who only want to do their jobs.

15 marches by far right groups in Portland this year apparently.
    The people there must be sick of them.
    They are picking on Portland because it's one of the most progressive cities in the US. These lot hate that.

15 marches by far right groups in Portland this year apparently.
    The people there must be sick of them.
    They are picking on Portland because it's one of the most progressive cities in the US. These lot hate that.
    They’re more sick of the rampant homelessness and the problems to the city it causes, and too many tourists eating donuts and drinking coffee.

Danzy wrote: »
    Isn't their leader black?

This is the brain surgeon organising it.
    Joe Biggs former infowars "journalist" (another grifter)
    It's attracting all sorts of nazi, fascist and far right groups as well.
    Looks like fella one could chat politics to.

header.png

• Advertisement

You can believe a politician fighting for his political life. I'll believe the rank and file police officers who only want to do their jobs.

It wasn't the rank and file police officers. It was the head of the police union.

they/them/theirs

They’re more sick of the rampant homelessness and the problems to the city it causes, and too many tourists eating donuts and drinking coffee.

Too many tourists? Explain that one.

they/them/theirs

It wasn't the rank and file police officers. It was the head of the police union.
    The head of the police union is one of their rank and file police officers.

Too many tourists? Explain that one.
    Just going off the complaints from citizens of Portland citizens I've read about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

The Antifa song. :D

Just going off the complaints from citizens of Portland citizens I've read about.

Where did you read these complaints?

they/them/theirs

The head of the police union is one of their rank and file police officers.

One of them yes. Are you starting to see my point yet? One guy said something. Another guy said something.

It’s hardly proof of something as serious as a mayor ordering the police to not arrest violent protesters.

they/them/theirs

The far right obsession with antifa is funny.

They are unwilling, unable or just don't want to address the serious issues of racism and fascism on their side so need a "bad guy" to blame.

Never have so many been triggered by so few.
    Dozens of fake social media accounts, stories and videos to deflect from their own failing.

One of them yes. Are you starting to see my point yet? One guy said something. Another guy said something.

It’s hardly proof of something as serious as a mayor ordering the police to not arrest violent protesters.
    I don't know how things work where you are from but here the police union leader is one of the police officers and represents the collective voice of the rank and file officers on the force.

• Advertisement

Where did you read these complaints?
    Articles regarding Portland citizens complaints about their city on the internet and once Portland citizens call-ins to a talk radio show. Homelessness is the biggest complaint. I just just though it was kinda funny as tourists were another standard complaint of theirs. Do you think this is major news to get your knickers all bunched up over?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement