Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

Is it just my imagination or does that look like a really bad photoshop job?

Looks like a photoshoot for a magazine, hair, makeup lights em Shooting victim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Brian? wrote: »
    What double standard exactly? Who's on here cheerleading for Obama?

Sorry, I didn't mean specific to this thread. And personally I'd be cheerleading for Obama if I could!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,214 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

20Cent wrote: »
    Looks like a photoshoot for a magazine, hair, makeup lights em Shooting victim.

trumps head looks like it has been stuck in. the angle of his neck is all wrong.

trumps head looks like it has been stuck in. the angle of his neck is all wrong.

He always looks wrong, smearing orange goo on his face everyday (except around his eye like a panda), the hair of course, he doesn't seem to know how trousers work either.
    None of the family seems comfortable in their skin.

Dh7ECYFVAAADdr9.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

You were probably one of the people who were outraged by people saying Michelle Obama looks like a man in drag but it's perfectly ok to rag on Trump and his family for their appearance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,899 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

lawlolawl wrote: »
    You were probably one of the people who were outraged by people saying Michelle Obama looks like a man in drag but it's perfectly ok to rag on Trump and his family for their appearance.

You’re trying to compare comments about Trumps actual makeup and a smear campaign about a First Lady being a shemale?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,899 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

biko wrote: »
    Not sure why you posted in an Antifa thread about this.
    Isn't there a Trump Derangement Syndrome thread around here somewhere?

Trump posing with a victim of a shooting someone else did - bad
    Obama posing with a disabled soldier sent to Afghanistan on his orders - fine

VY5-N55-KEJ5-CKZIGI2-FTKNHP5-CE.jpg
    "If it weren't for you, Mr President, I would have had my legs still"
    You really don’t see the differences here?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

He always looks wrong, smearing orange goo on his face everyday (except around his eye like a panda), the hair of course, he doesn't seem to know how trousers work either.

Dh7ECYFVAAADdr9.jpg

probably lizard people right ?

is that your real problem with conservatives ? they are all lizard people ?

lawlolawl wrote: »

Do you wear orange makeup everyday?
    Why not?

Dh7ECYFVAAADdr9.jpg

what i dont understand is that for people who claim to have a lot of money they never seem to be able to buy clothes that fit. I mean, look at donnie junior on the right. the fit of that jacket is just shocking. I could sew a potato sack and make it fit better than that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

lawlolawl wrote:

Fair comment.
    Overheal wrote:
    You’re trying to compare comments about Trumps actual makeup and a smear campaign about a First Lady being a shemale?

They are incredibly similar. They are both insulting the physical attributes of a person in an insulting way.

For full disclosure, I didn't think the Michelle Obama comments were very nice either. Should they have been vilified? No. Should trump name calling be vilified? No. But you should be at least consistent with 'body shaming'

Ironicname wrote: »
    Fair comment.

They are incredibly similar. They are both insulting the physical attributes of a person in an insulting way.

For full disclosure, I didn't think the Michelle Obama comments were very nice either. Should they have been vilified? No. Should trump name calling be vilified? No. But you should be at least consistent with 'body shaming'

trump is not being body-shamed. people are criticising his choice of makeup (and hairstyle and poor choice in clothes). what was said about Michelle Obama goes way beyond body-shaming.

trump is not being body-shamed. people are criticising his choice of makeup (and hairstyle and poor choice in clothes). what was said about Michelle Obama goes way beyond body-shaming.

Do you in any way think that your view might be skewed because of your personal feelings?

What I'm asking is, are you consistent that nobody should be publicly insulted for the way they look?

What I'm asking is, are you consistent that nobody should be publicly insulted for the way they look?

Michelle was not just insulted for how she looked. there were people saying that she was actually transgender.

Do you in any way think that your view might be skewed because of your personal feelings?

can you point out anything in the post you responded to that was not factual? Because if what i posted is factual, and i believe it was, then my view is irrelevant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

All politicians do that. A quick google of any politicans name and a hospital and you get the photo-op.

The reaction on twitter is interesting though. If this keeps up the US may fall apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

Michelle was not just insulted for how she looked. there were people saying that she was actually transgender.

Ok so you're talking about the degree of insult and your saying it was worse against Obama than Trump but I'll quote the question Ironicname asked again "... are you consistent that nobody should be publicly insulted for the way they look? "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

Do you wear orange makeup everyday?
    Why not?

There’s a lot more to worry about with regards trump than his makeup.

SexBobomb wrote: »
    Ok so you're talking about the degree of insult and your saying it was worse against Obama than Trump but I'll quote the question Ironicname asked again "... are you consistent that nobody should be publicly insulted for the way they look? "

People are free to insult anybody they want. I've insulted donnie junior for the way they look not 1 hour ago. the insults against Michelle Obama went a long way beyond insulting her looks.

• Advertisement

People are free to insult anybody they want. I've insulted donnie junior for the way they look not 1 hour ago. the insults against Michelle Obama went a long way beyond insulting her looks.

Leftwinger insults someone = good
    Rightwinger Insults someone = bad.

If Brian is around this is the double standard I was referring to earlier that is prevalent in America.

Some people actually say that Trump is literally a Nazi. It doesn't make them right.

Some people say Michelle Obama is a transgender person. Doesn't make them right.

That's not what I asked.

Is it ok to say that Michelle Obama looks like she is a transgender person if you can accept that it's ok to make fun of Trump's appearance.

DanDan6592 wrote: »

If Brian is around this is the double standard I was referring to earlier that is prevalent in America.

I would love to know what post you thought you were responding to.

I would love to know what post you thought you were responding to.

You're one, you know, the one I quoted.

You're one, you know, the one I quoted.

perhaps you missed the bit where i said. Or maybe you were just too keen to jump on your soapbox.
    People are free to insult anybody they want.

perhaps you missed the bit where i said. Or maybe you were just too keen to jump on your soapbox.

I know you never said otherwise. But it's a double standard to suggest those who criticized/insulted Michelle Obama went too far but the insults that Trump has being getting for ages now about being orange, his hair, his choice of clothes is all fair and good.

I know you never said otherwise. But it's a double standard to suggest those who criticized/insulted Michelle Obama went too far but the insults that Trump has being getting for ages now about being orange, his hair, his choice of clothes is all fair and good.

if you cant see the difference between suggesting that somebody is transgender (not just looks like but actually are not and insulting somebodies poor choice in makeup, hair, clothes, and pretty much everything else then there isn't much point talking to you.

if you cant see the difference between suggesting that somebody is transgender (not just looks like but actually are not and insulting somebodies poor choice in makeup, hair, clothes, and pretty much everything else then there isn't much point talking to you.

I'd go on record to say that there is roughly the same amount of evidence that trump is a Nazi than there is for Michelle Obama being a man.

Either both are acceptable to say or none are.

I'd go on record to say that there is roughly the same amount of evidence that trump is a Nazi than there is for Michelle Obama being a man.

Either both are acceptable to say or none are.

Personally i would prefer to keep an opinion as stupid as that to myself but each to their own.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

The 2 are not comparable. People shared pictures of Michelle Obama comparing her to a chimp, that was way beyond laughing at a haircut

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement