Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The glorious 12th

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

downcow wrote: »
    I have not attempted to justify anything. I have said BS was completely wrong. I just don’t hold a young private responsible for everything. I think BA commanders and ira should take more responsibility

Mate youve spent the entire thread rejecting findings and looking to justify the shootings...yous are fooling noone

Its easy to see why you support the orange order and what it stands for

• Registered Users Posts: 67,254 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Loyalist in their guise as Orange love a bit of bullying. The six counties was a perfect setup for those within the Unionist who wanted to make it a cold place for Fenians. They ran the place as if they were the colonial masters in charge of a bunch of natives, they made the life of the nationalist hell. The only thing a bully understands is when the bullied stands up to him, Unionists are like the Afrikaners when they have the power they will be brave but when they lose power they fall in line just like all bullies.

The need to stop this nonsense banging their drums and roaring like bullocks.Its 2019 for Gods sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,288 ✭✭✭✭downcow

Loyalist in their guise as Orange love a bit of bullying. The six counties was a perfect setup for those within the Unionist who wanted to make it a cold place for Fenians. They ran the place as if they were the colonial masters in charge of a bunch of natives, they made the life of the nationalist hell. The only thing a bully understands is when the bullied stands up to him, Unionists are like the Afrikaners when they have the power they will be brave but when they lose power they fall in line just like all bullies.

The need to stop this nonsense banging their drums and roaring like bullocks.Its 2019 for Gods sake.

Very sectarian

Very sectarian

You just expertly demonstrated (and tried to implicate all Unionists) that you want to live in an ill-informed bubble and fester in victim hood downcow.
    It isn't 'sectarian' it is a description of what Unionism did since partition.

They changed the voting system to one that allowed them to gerrymander control and then refused to relinquish that control right up until even the British got sick of you and ended the Unionist veto by signing the Anglo Irish Agreement.

You need to own that part of your history.

• Advertisement

Very sectarian

You looking in the mirror again?
    Anyone who tries to defend the six county statelet that imprisoned nationalists is deluded. Just as deluded as those that defend the annual sectarian **** show the 12 of July. You should hold a mirror to yourselves and look at the sectarian clowning around that passes for culture. Frankly I would be embarrassed to be associated with those bowler hatted neanderthals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭janfebmar

You looking in the mirror again?
    Anyone who tries to defend the six county statelet that imprisoned nationalists is deluded.

It is you who is deluded. Our own free state statelet here in the 26 counties also interned nationalists in the not too distant past, and not only that but went a step further than Northern Ireland and actually shot 6 captured prisoners in cold blood in prison.

janfebmar wrote: »
    It is you who is deluded. Our own free state statelet here in the 26 counties also interned nationalists in the not too distant past, and not only that but went a step further than Northern Ireland and actually shot 6 captured prisoners in cold blood in prison.

You missed the point and content of my post entirely in your need for the "what about".
    The six county state also executed at least one republican on top of all the other misery they dumped on the nationalist population. please get your facts right.

Jesus we are going to try and defend the sectarian statlet now. And without mentioning Dev. Wow!

Jesus we are going to try and defend the sectarian statlet now. And without mentioning Dev. Wow!

"Notorious Dev" to you Francie, since you discovered he executed 6 IRA men.

• Advertisement

"Notorious Dev" to you Francie, since you discovered he executed 6 IRA men.

Yeh jan. Still clinging to that one.

Unlike downcow, I am not afraid to confront and read my history.

Yeh jan. Still clinging to that one.

Unlike downcow, I am not afraid to confront and read my history.

Well, I am glad you discovered about the executed prisoners last week, Francie. Even Mrs T. did not execute prisoners. Yet you condemn Mrs T and not Dev?

And we are still waiting for an answer to the following post:
    I didn’t mean to upset you francie.
    I just asked you if you knew the below stuff which is what most unionists took out of it

“Did you know the fisherman was on the roof with a machine gun. And did you know there was extensive rioting by marchers ?? Serious question??

Did you know armed ira members were shooting at the army?

Did you know it was not a peaceful demonstration?”

It’s sad but it’s just the same as you having skewed views about the loughinisland enquiry. Unfortunately the two communities see things very differently
    But I am surpised that that surprises you

A yes or no to each question will suffice.

Well, I am glad you discovered about the executed prisoners last week, Francie. Even Mrs T. did not execute prisoners. Yet you condemn Mrs T and not Dev?

And we are still waiting for an answer to the following post:

A yes or no to each question will suffice.

I gave my answer to you and your tag team member. Take your sick attempt to justify Bloody Sunday someplace else.

I gave my answer to you and your tag team member.
    No you did not and I am not a member of any tag team. And I never justified Bloody Sunday.

No you did not and I am not a member of any tag team. And I never justified Bloody Sunday.

Sure jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,286 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I gave my answer to you and your tag team member. Take your sick attempt to justify Bloody Sunday someplace else.

What the British Army did on Bloody Sunday was wrong and criminal. However, what the IRA did on Bloody Sunday was also wrong and criminal.

Nobody comes out of Bloody Sunday an innocent or a hero, time you stopped pretending otherwise Francie.

blanch152 wrote: »
    What the British Army did on Bloody Sunday was wrong and criminal. However, what the IRA did on Bloody Sunday was also wrong and criminal.

Nobody comes out of Bloody Sunday an innocent or a hero,
    time you stopped pretending otherwise Francie.

The 14 dead and the injured? You still inferring they were IRA blanch? They deserved it?

The depths are certainly being reached on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Very sectarian

Very interesting that you ignored my post and equally interesting to get a sense of your poorly disguised sectarian worldview.

Your description of the various shades of treachery practised by 'the Catholics' and how when you refer to 'my community' it disregards whether they were professional unionist security personnel, or not.

Then there's the subtle victim blaming and resentfulness over the investigation and outcome of the Bloody Sunday massacre.

Fascinating stuff.

Very interesting that you ignored my post and equally interesting to get a sense of your poorly disguised sectarian worldview.

Your description of the various shades of treachery practised by 'the Catholics' and how when you refer to 'my community' it disregards whether they were professional unionist security personnel, or not.

Then there's the subtle victim blaming and resentfulness over the investigation and outcome of the Bloody Sunday massacre.

Fascinating stuff.

A Man Revealed. QED.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

Not sure you've got it right about who's getting bullied..
    https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/derry-protestants-west-bank-exodus-needs-recognition-38367018.html

• Advertisement

RobMc59 wrote: »

Very good piece. And the nationalist Irish news ran a story last week of how the small Protestant estate of Suffolk is being attacked nightly. And all just the tip of the iceberg. But francie and co want to chase shadows in an impossible attempt to get an old man prosecuted

You cannot even bring yourself to use the proper name of a deceased man, downcow.

Speaks for itself were you are on the road to normal. Absolute disgrace what you are doing.

Tbh I have mixed feelings about him. He used to be number one hate figure in my community because of his period as a ruthless loyal member of the ira and his particular enjoyment of torture but we have tbh and acknowledge that he also lately saved many many lives in his period thwarting every single ira murder attempt in his area over a ten year period as he acted as a highly effective agent.
    I also have to admit, difficult as it is for me, that unlike many terrorists, that neither position was for personal gain but rather he was doing what he thought right at the time - killing people for decades and protecting people for a decade. I also believe, unlike Gerry etc that he had honourable intentions in the peace process - of course he was 10 years ahead of his comrades in stopping the violence, he just could never admit it.

So he is complex figure who I have very mixed feelings about

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PeteEd

I see where there is a gigantic pile of pallets stacked up in an estate in Portadown which the fire service regard as a 'serious health and safety risk'. Apparently 30+ firms have been approached to remove/dismantle it but nobody will touch it. One things for certain if that ws some years ago in a nationalist area the British army would be steaming in like a flash to dismantle it and anything else that was in its way.

blanch152 wrote: »

And what the IRA did in Derry only 2 days before Bloody Sunday, murdering 2 security force members, one catholic and one protestant, and then hiding among the civilian population, was also wrong.

And what the IRA did in Derry only 2 days before Bloody Sunday, murdering 2 security force members, one catholic and one protestant, and then hiding among the civilian population, was also wrong.

And what I find absurd about these people calling for the truth. They had no problem with the saville enquiry reminding people often no to discuss agents (code for, don’t talk about the fisherman colluding with the mi5). Why were people not calling for saville to hear the whole truth but rather quite happy for much of the truth to be surpressed?

And what I find absurd about these people calling for the truth. They had no problem with the saville enquiry reminding people often no to discuss agents (code for, don’t talk about the fisherman colluding with the mi5). Why were people not calling for saville to hear the whole truth but rather quite happy for much of the truth to be surpressed?

What part of truth is supressed?

The part where the ruc suppiled numbers of families of those murdered to orangemen,who to this day get sparodic taunting phonecalls.and always on anniversary of bloody sunday

The bit where family of one of those killed went to.the ruc and were laughed at and.told well its one fenian less?

What exact part of truth do you think is being supressed here?

_blaaz wrote: »

The part where the ruc suppiled numbers of families of those murdered to orangemen,who to this day get sparodic taunting phonecalls.and always on anniversary of bloody sunday

The bit where family of one of those killed went to.the ruc and were laughed at and.told well its one fenian less?

What exact part of truth do you think is being supressed here?

Hadn’t heard any of that before. Were witnesses told not to talk about this stuff or is it just urban myth. Specific Witnesses were told not to talk about agents. I wonder why!

This is typical of the nonsense that continues to keep the cycle going.
    Where is there any evidence. It is absurd. You are trying to tell us that people phone the families every BS anniversary, identify themselves as orangemen and then taunt them about the deaths.

And as for the comment about the ruc. I do really wonder how deep the hatred runs in some nationalists to even speak this stuff.

This is typical of the nonsense that continues to keep the cycle going.
    Where is there any evidence. It is absurd. You are trying to tell us that people phone the families every BS anniversary, identify themselves as orangemen and then taunt them about the deaths.

And as for the comment about the ruc. I do really wonder how deep the hatred runs in some nationalists to even speak this stuff.

Truth hurts mate....and these stories are widely known....so dont try and claim
    Claim yous dont know them...1st orangeman ive encountered that tries to deny it occurs

https://www.derrynow.com/news/graffiti-support-soldier-f-painted-free-derry-corner-overnight/279827?fbclid=IwAR3c_jLkfEKltoUyj6sAJi4_aAjWjChZ30-TKJmqRuIb8U_CX1TpDOupdkk

Yous people offer nothing to the world....this is being cheered on wholescale across loyalist social media groups.......hes up on sept 18.....expect full scale intimidation and taunting of catholics to.occur next few weeks....but its ok coz muh culture

• Advertisement

Truth hurts mate....and these stories are widely known....so dont try and claim
    Claim yous dont know them...1st orangeman ive encountered that tries to deny it occurs

https://www.derrynow.com/news/graffiti-support-soldier-f-painted-free-derry-corner-overnight/279827?fbclid=IwAR3c_jLkfEKltoUyj6sAJi4_aAjWjChZ30-TKJmqRuIb8U_CX1TpDOupdkk

Yous people offer nothing to the world....this is being cheered on wholescale across loyalist social media groups.......hes up on sept 18.....expect full scale intimidation and taunting of catholics to.occur next few weeks....but its ok coz muh culture

Firstly, I am not, nor ever have been a member of any of the loyal orders or loyalists bands.

Your claim is simply ludicrous- that people phone the families every BS anniversary, identify themselves as orangemen and then taunt them about the deaths.

Most people on here will realise how ludicrous that is.

As for some putting up graffiti (I suppose he also identified himself as an Orangeman). It doesn’t prove much about the unionist community. We could all point to horrendous graffiti directed at each community. It really only takes one misguided person.

Advertisement