Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The glorious 12th

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

Jamie Bryson offended by pride parade and has claimed he has lodged an official complaint with the police ombudsman hahahaha

Horrible little orange fart

• Registered Users Posts: 67,254 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

gwalk wrote: »
    Jamie Bryson offended by pride parade and has claimed he has lodged an official complaint with the police ombudsman hahahaha

Horrible little orange fart

Jamie looking to replace Willie Frazer no doubt. Ramping up the hate speech.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,288 ✭✭✭✭downcow

Republicans and Loyalists have served 100,000 years between them in prison.
    The members of the BA (minus the locally recruited UDR, a disgraceful story onto themselves) have served less than 10 for many many killings.

Is there a glaring discrepancy in the administration an upstanding democrat like yourself be addressing there do you think?

The republicans and loyalists were terrorists the BA were peacekeepers. Not surprising that the terrorist spent longer in jail

Jamie looking to replace Willie Frazer no doubt. Ramping up the hate speech.

I completely disagree with Jamie on lots of stuff but also think he makes some very interest points on other stuff.

Now that I think about it. A bit like you francie lol

downcow wrote: »
    The republicans and loyalists were terrorists the BA were peacekeepers. Not surprising that the terrorist spent longer in jail

Soldier F was no peacekeeper nor were his likes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭janfebmar

He was sent there as one. The vast majority of the over 200,000 people who served as British army peacekeepers there did so lawfully, without killing anyone or breaking any laws.

The people who spent weeks planning murders and then who committed them, they were no peacekeepers.

Here’s one of the problems.
    Before being on this forum I had no idea what soldier f is supposed to have done.
    We live almost on two different universes.
    There was a £100m enquiry and each community heard what they wanted to hear.
    My community heard that there was rioting and the ira were on the streets armed and the fisherman was on a roof with a sub machine gun
    It seems nationalists heard soldier f killed 8 people ? I had no idea.
    This is the problem with enquiries. They achieve nothing but feed the anger cause each hears their own truth.

Don’t know what the answer is. I would be fairly certain very few in my community know soldier f admitted to 8 murders (if indeed he did)

Here’s one of the problems.
    Before being on this forum I had no idea what soldier f is supposed to have done.
    We live almost on two different universes.
    There was a £100m enquiry and each community heard what they wanted to hear.
    My community heard that there was rioting and the ira were on the streets armed and the fisherman was on a roof with a sub machine gun
    It seems nationalists heard soldier f killed 8 people ? I had no idea.
    This is the problem with enquiries. They achieve nothing but feed the anger cause each hears their own truth.

Don’t know what the answer is. I would be fairly certain very few in my community know soldier f admitted to 8 murders (if indeed he did)

Inquiry's are not for closed minds they are for open minds.

You select what you want to read and watch...your's is a closed mind.

Inquiry's are not for closed minds they are for open minds.

You select what you want to read and watch...your's is a closed mind.

Did you know the fisherman was on the roof with a machine gun. And did you know there was extensive rioting by marchers ?? Serious question??

Did you know armed ira members were shooting at the army?

Did you know it was not a peaceful demonstration?

Did you know the fisherman was on the roof with a machine gun. And did you know there was extensive rioting by marchers ?? Serious question??

Did you read the Saville report with an open or closed mind? If you have evidence for this or any other inquiry you should bring it forward.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/bloody-sunday/martin-mcguinness-cleared-by-bloody-sunday-saville-probe-28541699.html
    He (Lord Saville) fully pointed the finger of blame for what happened directly at the British Parachute Regiment," he added.

No blame was placed by the Bloody Sunday Inquiry on the organisers of the march, the Northern Ireland Civil Rights Association.

• Advertisement

Did you read the Saville report with an open or closed mind? If you have evidence for this or any other inquiry you should bring it forward.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/bloody-sunday/martin-mcguinness-cleared-by-bloody-sunday-saville-probe-28541699.html

You have ignored the question, Francie. Would you accept that in all likelihood the person or people who killed the 2 policemen in Derry 2 days before Bloody Sunday were also at the March / riot on bloody Sunday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

janfebmar wrote: »
    You have ignored the question, Francie. Would you accept that in all likelihood the person or people who killed the 2 policemen in Derry 2 days before Bloody Sunday were also at the March / riot on bloody Sunday?

Id imagine the people who perpetuated the ballymurphy massacre were also there

janfebmar wrote: »

Plain as day over the course of this thread that you disagree with the Saville inquiry.
    You have on a number of occasions tried to excuse what the British government could no longer excuse and abjectly and unreservedly apologised for 40 years too late.

Get lost, find one of your tag team to overturn the verdict with you. Pop some champagne when you succeed.

You are missing my point.
    In fact that’s the very point. I don’t know a single unionist who would have any inclination to read the saville report (indeed I wonder if nationalists would). It is reduced to soundbites Soldiers shot unarmed marchers. M McG was on the roof with s machine gun.
    Enquires are next to pointless

Did you know it was not a peaceful demonstration?

Francie. I am interested in your answer ??

Plain as day over the course of this thread that you disagree with the Saville inquiry.

You did not answer the question. Name one thing I said that was not true.

In fact that’s the very point. I don’t know a single unionist who would have any inclination to read the saville report (indeed I wonder if nationalists would). It is reduced to soundbites Soldiers shot unarmed marchers. M McG was on the roof with s machine gun.

Sure they are. That is why the entire BA past and present are up in arms because somebody is standing trial as a result of one. Sure downcow, you might cod yourself that Unionists didn't read it, but believe me, you are fooling nobody else.

In fact that’s the very point. I don’t know a single unionist who would have any inclination to read the saville report (indeed I wonder if nationalists would)

Your intellectual laziness is hardly a justication to not holding enquiries....why would you not want to read it??

It is reduced to soundbites Soldiers shot unarmed marchers. M McG was on the roof with s machine gun.

Its almost trumpian that you can pass comment on content of something you self.admitedely havnt the capacity to read

Take your sick attempt to overturn the Saville Inquiry elsewhere. I won't be aiding you 'investigations'.

I have read it and accept it. And I accept the British governments apology of they act on the results of the inquiry.

Sure they are. That is why the entire BA past and present are up in arms because somebody is standing trial as a result of one. Sure downcow, you might cod yourself that Unionists didn't read it, but believe me, you are fooling nobody else.
    Francie. I am surprised. Sometimes you appear to have a reasonable insight but you are way way off here.
    It is major wishful thinking if you think unionists payed any attention to the saville stuff never mind reading it. I would put my house on it that 98% of unionists have never even set eyes on the report. And 90+ would take the view that it is irrelevant nonsense put in place to keep nationalists happy and allow the peace process to move on.
    It will impact or effect nothing. The army are a very different animal 50 years later so there is no learning in it for them.

You are kidding yourself if you think it done anything other than make lawyers rich.

• Advertisement

Take your sick attempt to overturn the Saville Inquiry elsewhere. I won't be aiding you 'investigations'.

I have read it and accept it. And I accept the British governments apology of they act on the results of the inquiry.

Tbf the unionist posters seem upset that saville inquiry found soldiers responsible for shooting protesters

Its pure self denial that they circle the drain stuff to look for excuses to blame nationlists for getting emselves shot.....these people would disgrace a tribe of savages

_blaaz wrote: »
    Your intellectual laziness is hardly a justication to not holding enquiries....why would you not want to read it??

He has just described the very definition of a 'bubble' or 'echo chamber'.

Moderate Unionism is not one bit like that, I deal with them everyday of the week. I am presently working on a job for a cross border agency and dealing with them, they are aware and well informed. What downcow describes is the attitudes among belligerent Unionists. Don't be fooled.

I didn’t mean to upset you francie.
    I just asked you if you knew the below stuff which is what most unionists took out of it

“Did you know the fisherman was on the roof with a machine gun. And did you know there was extensive rioting by marchers ?? Serious question??

Did you know it was not a peaceful demonstration?”

It’s sad but it’s just the same as you having skewed views about the loughinisland enquiry. Unfortunately the two communities see things very differently
    But I am surpised that that surprises you

I just asked you if you knew the below stuff which is what most unionists took out of it

“Did you know the fisherman was on the roof with a machine gun. And did you know there was extensive rioting by marchers ?? Serious question??

Did you know it was not a peaceful demonstration?”

It’s sad but it’s just the same as you having skewed views about the loughinisland enquiry. Unfortunately the two communities see things very differently
    But I am surpised that that surprises you

You cannot even bring yourself to use the proper name of a deceased man, downcow.

Speaks for itself were you are on the road to normal. Absolute disgrace what you are doing.

He has just described the very definition of a 'bubble' or 'echo chamber'.

Moderate Unionism is not one bit like that, I deal with them everyday of the week. I am presently working on a job for a cross border agency and dealing with them, they are aware and well informed. What downcow describes is the attitudes among belligerent Unionists. Don't be fooled.

Sure you tell us you are even married to a unionist who thinks unionists are to blame for everything!

To think that you got me chucked off other threads when I tried to challenge you.
    This thread has been good enough to let me call you out and your case has collapsed

Did you know it was not a peaceful

None of this excuses shooting 30 odd people?

You can try find justification all yous want....but id imagine youd been pretty pissed if the frenxh shot 30 odd northern ireland supporters for messing at euros a few years ago

_blaaz wrote: »
    None of this excuses shooting 30 odd people?

You can try find justification all yous want....but id imagine youd been pretty pissed if the frenxh shot 30 odd northern ireland supporters for messing at euros a few years ago

I have not attempted to justify anything. I have said BS was completely wrong. I just don’t hold a young private responsible for everything. I think BA commanders and ira should take more responsibility

Sure you tell us you are even married to a unionist who thinks unionists are to blame for everything!
    You are clearly not even reading stuff here.
    To think that you got me chucked off other threads when I tried to challenge you.
    This thread has been good enough to let me call you out and your case has collapsed

Playing the victim again.

You cannot even bring yourself to use the proper name of a deceased man, downcow.

Speaks for itself were you are on the road to normal. Absolute disgrace what you are doing.

Well I just think you guys know rightly who the fisherman was but it is too explosive to admit it. One of the reasons there will never be a truth commission

• Advertisement

Well I just think you guys know rightly who the fisherman was but it is too explosive to admit it. One of the reasons there will never be a truth commission

Here's how small minded you are in a nutshell.

You get pulled up for continually spelling his name wrong, like a child. And rather than just stopping doing it because it was causing offence you revert to this variant. The OO arrogance all over it downcow.

Advertisement