Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2019/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭sheroman01

GLaDOS wrote: »
    Arsenal appear to have reached an agreement for Nicolas Pepe (right sided forward) for 80m. Id expect that to mean Zaha wont be going that way now.

He looks a quality player. He'll be listed as a forward we think yeah? Be very interesting to see what price he comes in at.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

sheroman01 wrote: »
    He looks a quality player. He'll be listed as a forward we think yeah? Be very interesting to see what price he comes in at.

9m MID I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

sheroman01 wrote: »

No, a midfielder.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,814 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

ScummyMan wrote: »
    9m MID I reckon
    That would sound about right. It make me rethink a few things, like would Pepe and Bilva be a better use of funds than Sterling and a 5.0 dud?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Potential 4m defender alert

West Ham played Fulham in a friendly today, 2 weeks out from first day and I reckon he played his first XI. On player to note is Ben Johnson, 4m defender. He's only played once for the club, away to City last year, game was scoreless when he went off. He's the next highly-thought of player from the academy. Playes RB so his competition is 34 year old Pablo Zabaleta, and Fredericks who didn't really impress last year.

Could be this year's AWB, or this year's Reese Oxford. One to consider.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Shedite27 wrote: »

West Ham played Fulham in a friendly today, 2 weeks out from first day and I reckon he played his first XI. On player to note is Ben Johnson, 4m defender. He's only played once for the club, away to City last year, game was scoreless when he went off. He's the next highly-thought of player from the academy. Playes RB so his competition is 34 year old Pablo Zabaleta, and Fredericks who didn't really impress last year.

I remember him from the City game actually, he acquitted himself very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Shedite27 wrote: »

Consensus on reddit (comments section so not reliable I know) seems to be their lineup today is as close to their strongest 11....with the exception of Johnson, where Fredericks would come in. Nothing concrete of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I feel it's my duty to warn all of ye that I'm considering Luke Freeman of Sheffield United as a potential punt early on. A 5.5 midfielder who appears to have been scoring and assisting well in pre-season, I have no more context than that to work with - but call it a gut feeling?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,514 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I feel it's my duty to warn all of ye that I'm considering Luke Freeman of Sheffield United as a potential punt early on. A 5.5 midfielder who appears to have been scoring and assisting well in pre-season, I have no more context than that to work with - but call it a gut feeling?

He had decent stats last season despite being stuck in a mid table Championship team. But I wouldn't hold much hope for Sheffield United offensively unless their various signings click quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Mason mount ridiculously expensive at 6.0 for Chelsea. Kovacic 5.5 for comparison.

Mount playing well pre season. Would have been worth a punt maybe at 5.0, even that would be expensive

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Mason mount ridiculously expensive at 6.0 for Chelsea. Kovacic 5.5 for comparison.

Mount playing well pre season. Would have been worth a punt maybe at 5.0, even that would be expensive

It's part of the recent FPL trend of waiting until it's clearer what sort of a role a player will have before adding him.

He definitely would have been cheaper if he'd been added at the start of the game. But adding him now that Lampard is in charge and he's getting decent pre-season minutes has bumped him up.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Who takes United's corners / frees from wide positions?

If preseason is anything to go by, Daniel James will win a lot of set pieces on the outside. I know United are fairly poor scoring from set pieces, but just something to monitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

If preseason is anything to go by, Daniel James will win a lot of set pieces on the outside. I know United are fairly poor scoring from set pieces, but just something to monitor.

Rashford/Pogba I'd imagine. They may become more attractive if Slabhead joins

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Henderson added at 4.5m

• Registered Users Posts: 48,185 ✭✭✭✭km79

manual_man wrote: »
    Henderson added at 4.5m

Problem for me now is their back up keepers are also 4.5 ml
    And I have lundstrum

km79 wrote: »
    Problem for me now is their back up keepers are also 4.5 ml
    And I have lundstrum

If I’m going to buy two 4.5 keepers I will prob go Heaton/pope assuming Heaton moves

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭loadwire

I don't think DJ will be starting a high % of league games.

loadwire wrote: »
    I don't think DJ will be starting a high % of league games.

I think you might be suprised !!!
    He is an OGS signing
    One of only 2
    He has had a good preseason
    He can also play on the right

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

If pogba plays in front 3 he won't play. Could see James martial and rashers are the consistent front 3

• Registered Users Posts: 21,119 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

If pogba plays in front 3 he won't play. Could see James martial and rashers are the consistent front 3

Pogba in the front 3? There are many question marks with United but Pogba looks certain to be playing in the 2 in a 4-2-3-1.

I don't see a settled front 3 for United for a few months anyway and will probably be avoiding them, apart from Greenwood who will be on my bench.

Rashford, Martial, James, Sanchez, Greenwood, Chong, Lukaku/Lukaku replacement and even Lingard will probably fight it out for 7,9,11 at the start. Preseason may suggest Rashford, Martial and James but I'm not sure Ole really knows the front 3 at the moment.

If Martial nails down 9 by performing, then he'll be first in.

• Advertisement

PARlance wrote: »
    Pogba in the front 3? There are many question marks with United but Pogba looks certain to be playing in the 2 in a 4-2-3-1.

I don't see a settled front 3 for United for a few months anyway and will probably be avoiding them, apart from Greenwood who will be on my bench.

Rashford, Martial, James, Sanchez, Greenwood, Chong, Lukaku/Lukaku replacement and even Lingard will probably fight it out for 7,9,11 at the start. Preseason may suggest Rashford, Martial and James but I'm not sure Ole really knows the front 3 at the moment.

If Martial nails down 9 by performing, then he'll be first in.

He won’t . We have been here before with him
    Rashford is the only certain starter of the attackers
    OGS loves him. He plays when fit . It’s why he is willing to sell Lukaku
    He is backing Rashford to be his 20 goal a season man ......

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Philip Billing has signed for Bournemouth. Another cheapie midfield option.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,236 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Moise Kean linked with Everton, looks like it could be happening. Brilliant signing if it goes ahead.

I'd say he'd come in at 8/8.5

Moise Kean linked with Everton, looks like it could be happening. Brilliant signing if it goes ahead.

I'd say he'd come in at 8/8.5

Where does he play
    Does it affect siggy ?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

km79 wrote: »
    Where does he play
    Does it affect siggy ?

Can play wide but mostly as a centre forward. Bad news for DCL I imagine.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Anything to be said for Ozil?

GLaDOS wrote: »
    Can play wide but mostly as a centre forward. Bad news for DCL I imagine.

Good news for Siggy so. DCL ain't going to get him many assists!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Green&Red wrote: »
    Anything to be said for Ozil?

He’s in hiding

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    He’s in hiding

Still? He's been in hiding all last season.

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,709 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Philip Billing has signed for Bournemouth. Another cheapie midfield option.

If he comes in at 4.5m he could defintely fit the bill(ing).

Advertisement