Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2019/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Wolves signed a striker too today, together with Europa league, second season syndrome and the less points for a forward goal, and I'm completly off Jota

Really struggling with any cheap defenders this season.

in the 4.5 range, it's basically Newcastle, West Ham, Watford or Southampton defenders, Dunk going to Leicester being the only proper top half defnder really. Southampton and West Ham were reasonably solid at the end of last year. There's no real standouts are there. Any decent rotatng pairs out there?

Even jumping to 5m, you can get Arsenal defenders, Phil Jones, Nathan Ake, not sure they're worth going about 4.5 really are they?

I need a 4th playing defender most weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Anyone care to guess what potentially Bruno Fernandes and Dybala will cost in the game? I'm going to say 8.5m and 10m.

Shedite27 wrote: »

in the 4.5 range, it's basically Newcastle, West Ham, Watford or Southampton defenders, Dunk going to Leicester being the only proper top half defnder really. Southampton and West Ham were reasonably solid at the end of last year. There's no real standouts are there. Any decent rotatng pairs out there?

Even jumping to 5m, you can get Arsenal defenders, Phil Jones, Nathan Ake, not sure they're worth going about 4.5 really are they?

I agree.

I’ve currently no 4.5m defenders and think it’ll likely stay that way. Diop the only one on my watchlist.

Chambers might be a shout if Arsenal get it together defensively.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Leaning towards KDB(as well as Sterling). He’s looked shít hot in pre season...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Holding when he comes back form injury could be good value. But only if they sign an LB and a CB in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Heaton off to Villa...they do have nice fixtures after Spurs game and he could make lots of saves in that one.

Hmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Who would be his backup at Villa?
    I'd lock them both in now.

It's the Villa pair vs Sheff Utd's Eastwood/Henderson for me.

razorblunt wrote: »

Steer I think but nobody knows for sure
    So I’m gonna stick Pope in .....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

It'll be Steer I'd say but he's 4.5 so better off spending somewhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 10,511 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I think Moore is number two for Sheff.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

km79 wrote: »
    Steer I think but nobody knows for sure
    So I’m gonna stick Pope in .....

Pope is yellow flagged at the moment - only thing that has me wary

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

dsmythy wrote: »
    I think Moore is number two for Sheff.

Henderson / Moore is it?

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Pope is yellow flagged at the moment - only thing that has me wary

Hasn’t played any preseason ...........I’m just looking at it now
    Obviously first game for Villa is not great. But 3 of next 4 are at home and I’ll be wildcarding by that point
    I also hate rotating keepers
    So I might take the L on gw1 and just go with Heaton and a non playing 4.0............it’s risky though but I’m going to need cash to upgrade greenwood now I think .

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Injuries/Suspensions thread folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,511 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Henderson / Moore is it?

Eastwood is on loan elsewhere. Henderson should be number one since he nicked Moore's spot last season and helped deliver the best defensive record.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,693 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Renata Sanchez coming on for Bayern vs spurs, how did he end up there.

• Advertisement

Potential 4m defender alert

West Ham played Fulham in a friendly today, 2 weeks out from first day and I reckon he played his first XI. On player to note is Ben Johnson, 4m defender. He's only played once for the club, away to City last year, game was scoreless when he went off. He's the next highly-thought of player from the academy. Playes RB so his competition is 34 year old Pablo Zabaleta, and Fredericks who didn't really impress last year.

Could be this year's AWB, or this year's Reese Oxford. One to consider.
    West Ham played another game today with their strongest XI, and this lad started again. Think he's going in ahead of Kelly for me as the 4m defender slot.

For those wondering, the West Ham lineup for both "strongest XI" games were:
    Fabianski
    Johnson Diop Balbuena Cresswell
    Rice Wilshire
    Anderson Fornals Lanzini
    Haller

(Fabianski actually missed todays game for some reason)

Foyth stretchered off injured (possible achilles).

All aboard good-ship Kyle Walker Peters!!

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Injuries/Suspensions thread folks.

:)

^^^^. Just found the new one. Duly noted.

5ml
    No thanks

km79 wrote:
    5ml No thanks

Top 6 team defense and a team that uses its full backs to provide all of its width and a lot of its crosses.

Top 6 team defense and a team that uses its full backs to provide all of its width and a lot of its crosses.

Aurier will be straight in when fit ?
    Foyth was suspended anyway wasn’t he

You have me thinking now though ...........if I’m spending 5ml though I do not want a rotation risk as I’ll have zivchenko too

km79 wrote:
    Aurier will be straight in when fit ? Foyth was suspended anyway wasn’t he

Aurier isnt long back from the ACON and returned with an injury. He had surgery the other day ... think it's a hand injury, nothing too major but he's only allowed non contact training... hasn't been involved in hardly any of spurs preseason. I think KWP is a decent shout for 4-5 weeks maybe more depending on Foyths injury... ideas for week 5/6 wildcarder's

Aurier isnt long back from the ACON and returned with an injury. He had surgery the other day ... think it's a hand injury, nothing too major but he's only allowed non contact training... hasn't been involved in hardly any of spurs preseason. I think KWP is a decent shout for 4-5 weeks maybe more depending on Foyths injury... ideas for week 5/6 wildcarder's

Which is me ........
    In he goes for duffy !
    Thanks

• Advertisement

This might be of interest to some folks, came across it on fantasy scout site

https://fanteam.com/season-game/171482

Advertisement