Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrestling Thoughts (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Cesaro having little to no personality or mic skills is one of wrestling's great tragedies. He's got everything else; moveset, look, height, one of the most impressive strongmen in WWE history. Just missing that one vital ingredient to be a main eventer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Enzo was the only saving grace of 205Live and since he got sacked there is no personality to it good or bad.

Neville was doing well before he left too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I just finished reading Al Snow's book. I don't think it is 5/5 book based on reviews online, but still an okay book to read for a few hours for a day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

I don't want a new Attitude Era. (Which is good as we are not getting one).

Ugh, Natalya is wrestling Becky Lynch at Summerslam. Alexa Bliss would have been a better pick as there's history between Alexa and Becky, and I think it's a feud worthy of a Big 4 PPV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Ugh, Natalya is wrestling Becky Lynch at Summerslam. Alexa Bliss would have been a better pick as there's history between Alexa and Becky, and I think it's a feud worthy of a Big 4 PPV.

Natyala isnt even that good in the ring and has a serious lack of personality but everyone in wwe does seem to love her and you always see praise for her in ring skills from the wrestlers too which i just never get.

i always thought she was just coasting on her family name

• Registered Users Posts: 37,982 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Finn taking a break after summerslam for about 2 months

Really hope its doesn't turn into a permanent thing when he realizes on his break '**** this'

Break might do him and creative good. Time will tell

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

PTH2009 wrote: »

Really hope its doesn't turn into a permanent thing when he realizes on his break '**** this'

They should keep him off TV and try to do a surprise return in Rumble. But that will never happen :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

PTH2009 wrote: »

He has barely done anything since WrestleMania on TV & I genuinely thought he was on a break already(I never check house shows fwiw). Had a run with Andrade which went kinda nowhere & took a moronic bump in the MITB which in hindsight was a waste of time & stupid of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Thinking of how overproduced and false commentators sound these days, and how Vince relays EVERYTHING he wants said via the headsets - why the fúck doesn't he just go and do commentary himself?

Is there really a need for commentators to be produced, if they are calling the action in the ring?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Would love to see Finn and Nak back in Japan rather than stuck jerking the curtain on a pre-show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Daniels Bryan monumental announcement to be he is entering the female division..........

He wanted to bring the tag team division to main event of wrestlemania.

He wants to "change the planet".

They teased intergender wrestling with Corbin and Becky.

TNA just did it with Tessa and Calihan.

Would be a real heel move, go through the female roster and become the womans champion. Changes it to gender neutral

Then Ronda returns. defeats him in a match similar to Mayweather Big Show,

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Thinking of how overproduced and false commentators sound these days, and how Vince relays EVERYTHING he wants said via the headsets - why the fúck doesn't he just go and do commentary himself?

Is there really a need for commentators to be produced, if they are calling the action in the ring?

Well because it's a three hour show and "what a maneuver, oh my, and one,two, thr...nooo" can only fill so much of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,419 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

What is the point of a WWE PPV when every match on that PPV is repeated on the following RAW and Smackdown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Sirsok wrote: »
    Daniels Bryan monumental announcement to be he is entering the female division..........

He wanted to bring the tag team division to main event of wrestlemania.

He wants to "change the planet".

They teased intergender wrestling with Corbin and Becky.

TNA just did it with Tessa and Calihan.

Would be a real heel move, go through the female roster and become the womans champion. Changes it to gender neutral

Then Ronda returns. defeats him in a match similar to Mayweather Big Show,
    Actually part of WWE's contract with Mattel states that they can never have a man physically overpower a woman. I realise of course that they just did that 3 days ago but I would imagine it was a one off that Mattel were given a heads up about.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,419 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'd love to see Balor come back after his two months off as Prince Devitt and get rid of that Demon gimmick.

I much prefer the name Finn ballot to prince devitt

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

sky88 wrote: »
    I much prefer the name Finn ballot to prince devitt

Lets put it to a vote

• Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I don't like the demon gimmick.
    To be honest... it's stupid. I get it that it is a modern day take on Keiji Mutoh and The Great Muta. Problem is that was good :pac:

Finn is one of the best wrestlers in the world hands down. He isn't exactly the most charismatic tho. With Muta he'd be doing all sorts of crazy movements that made it cool. Fergal just dawns some nice body paint.

Only my two cents for what its worth

he hasnt really been the demon that much on the main roster id say less than 10 times which isnt a lot so like its never really bothered me except i think he should be more aggressive as the demon and not be just ole finn in paint which it tends to be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I don't like the demon gimmick.
    To be honest... it's stupid. I get it that it is a modern day take on Keiji Mutoh and The Great Muta. Problem is that was good :pac:

Finn is one of the best wrestlers in the world hands down. He isn't exactly the most charismatic tho. With Muta he'd be doing all sorts of crazy movements that made it cool. Fergal just dawns some nice body paint.

Only my two cents for what its worth

Nice body paint with the ridiculous arts and crafts headgear. It's so fúcking stupid. He'll roll it out for the likes of Corbin and Lashley but stays as smiley Finn for his biggest match ever against Brock bloody Lesnar. It makes no sense.

I could not stand Bray Wyatt for years but I would love to see The Fiend bury The Demon in two minutes. I don't even find his wrestling that great, to be honest. Spams dropkicks and slingblades like there is no tomorrow.

I don't like criticising our own but God, Finn is painfully dull!

The problem with the demon character for me is that they messed it up. It would be easier to accept if Finn was the Demon all the time, but he's constantly going back and forth. He should have just kept the body paint and be booked like Boogeyman or Undertaker. Someone who plays mind games with people and is kind've mysterious. They don't need to humanize him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

J. Marston wrote: »
    Nice body paint with the ridiculous arts and crafts headgear. It's so fúcking stupid. He'll roll it out for the likes of Corbin and Lashley but stays as smiley Finn for his biggest match ever against Brock bloody Lesnar. It makes no sense.

I could not stand Bray Wyatt for years but I would love to see The Fiend bury The Demon in two minutes. I don't even find his wrestling that great, to be honest. Spams dropkicks and slingblades like there is no tomorrow.

I don't like criticising our own but God, Finn is painfully dull!

Honestly i feel the same.
    He was, and probably if still in njpw, one of the best wrestlers. But he has been dull in WWE. Just the style I guess. Told what to do or more importantly, not do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Check out the empty seats at the Smackdown live event tonight. Blue ones are the empty ones. Some photos up on twitter too of the tiny crowd.
    https://twitter.com/captain_fl/status/1153305286511341570

seth at the minute is reminding me of shawn in 95/96 were he had the fans on his side up to his title win but since then its just not working and fans are turning not so much as booing him just the cheering is getting less. also apt cause business wasnt great at the time either i think another heel turn is well needed again

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

sky88 wrote: »
    i think another heel turn is well needed again

Wouldn't agree with this, I don't think every time someone goes stale they need a switchup

It would be incredibly stupid for him to be saying for 6 months plus that he's here every night to fight for the fan etc etc, to go heel and say he hates the fans etc etc the usual heel stuff

So yeah I could see it happening actually

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

I see JR said that there are no great heels in wrestling anymore. There is a dearth of top heels for sure but don't think you can say there's none around whatsoever.

I'd argue that some of the best around currently are MJF, Jay White and Sami Callihan. Ciampa for sure too before he got injured.

I see JR said that there are no great heels in wrestling anymore. There is a dearth of top heels for sure but don't think you can say there's none around whatsoever.

I'd argue that some of the best around currently are MJF, Jay White and Sami Callihan. Ciampa for sure too before he got injured.

i do kinda agree with him MJF is very good but he will have to change it up before he becomes a cool heel.

for me callihan is of the corbin vantage and has go away heat for me anyway i just not a fan at all

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

MJF is a mega babyface waiting to happen. He’s Stone Cold in 96/97, too charismatic that it’s only going to be so long before people started cheering and they have to let them. KO had been similar for ages (going on years) until they finally switched him, he’s going to be big now. The rest listed are good examples though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,982 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Who is MJF ?

Advertisement