Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrestling Thoughts (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,754 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

lawlolawl wrote: »
    J. Marston wrote: »
    Also agree on Cody, feels like he is trying to carry himself as a star.

Omega, on the other hand, is dying his hair pink and cosplaying as Akuma from Tekken on one of their big shows. Give me a break.

It was a show at a fighting game convention and Kenny is a huge fighting game fan.

Also, wrestling is allowed to be fun.
    Yes fun not ****ing stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,503 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'd like to see Finn team up with Gallows, Anderson & AJ to form a heel faction that goes on the rampage for a long run to WM.

Forget calling it The Club and come up with a new name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Loughc wrote: »
    Unless it’s WWE right ;)

The best part of their shows at the moment is the 24/7 title stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It's not just Omega, the whole cosplay thing in wrestling now is a pet peeve of mine. Gargano with his Marvel get-ups at each Takeover, Rollins as Thanos, Omega as Akuma.

I'm a big a nerd as them but if someone is getting special attire made, I'd like it to be relevant to the feud or the night. Rollins did it with the Beastslayer stuff, in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,965 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Velveteen Dream is the new Rick Rude in that regard with tights for the big match. And Bianca Belair did it as well, having pictures of her opponents

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Also agree on Cody, feels like he is trying to carry himself as a star.

Omega, on the other hand, is dying his hair pink and cosplaying as Akuma from Tekken on one of their big shows. Give me a break.

It was actually Street Fighter II :P :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,822 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

It's not just Omega, the whole cosplay thing in wrestling now is a pet peeve of mine. Gargano with his Marvel get-ups at each Takeover, Rollins as Thanos, Omega as Akuma.

I'm a big a nerd as them but if someone is getting special attire made, I'd like it to be relevant to the feud or the night. Rollins did it with the Beastslayer stuff, in fairness.

With Gargano though he's not coming down to the ring actually dressed up as Spiderman, Captain America or Iron Man. They should have went all out and have the other lads as Sub Zero, Scorpion and Reptile. Then everyone could play dress up and bill it as Street Fighter Vs Mortal Kombat.

I'd prefer an unprotected chair shot to the head than half a dozen elbows from Brock.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I'd prefer an unprotected chair shot to the head than half a dozen elbows from Brock.

I'll prob come across as a scumbag but I loved the chairshot. I know, I know, I'm awful but it looked great.

I don't get why they can't use whatever material they use in the gimmicked trashcans for these things? Like did you ever smash Roses tin lids off your little brothers' head and it would make an unmerciful noise but wouldn't make him flinch even. Something like that?!

Omackeral wrote: »
    I'll prob come across as a scumbag but I loved the chairshot. I know, I know, I'm awful but it looked great.

I don't get why they can't use whatever material they use in the gimmicked trashcans for these things? Like did you ever smash Roses tin lids off your little brothers' head and it would make an unmerciful noise but wouldn't make him flinch even. Something like that?!

The sounds of Jeff's chair shot reminds me of many a biscuit tin shot. I have two little brothers though so I was usually the "monster heel" on the receiving end no selling them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,156 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

My idea of a taker and sting confrontation

'At mania next or some big ppv taker appears in the ring to cut a promo and attacked by some new power group but the lights go out and we hear a crow noise and then they light up again with Sting appearing and helping taker fend off the baddies with both doing their signature stuff. Both men stare down each other and acknowledge one another cue lights go out and both men are gone'. Truly a special haunting moment

my logic is this is too finally have the 2 men together in a WWE ring without having a match. They both like being dark and beaten respect into bad people throughout there careers. Hogan and Stone Cold appeared in a promo at mania 30 and we all loved it even tho they never had a match or much confrontation before

My idea is that they both come out to the ring and announce that they are retiring forever and Shane O Mac comes out to interrupt them to say the exact same thing but not before HHHs music kicks in and he promises to never wrestle again.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,156 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Did that Booker T inside the ropes show in the sugar club actually take place last week ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Riddle101

As far as the Undertaker/Sting match goes. I wonder if Undertaker is a bit worried about facing Sting. After the mess of a match between Undertaker and Goldberg he can't be too keen on wrestling with someone who he can't be too sure will be able to work well enough with him.

I know Sting isn't Goldberg so it might not be as bad, but Sting hasn't wrestled in years I believe and he has that injury as well. So he's probably not going to be 100%, and will have ring rust. That's of course if WWE even decides to go ahead with a match between Undertaker and Sting.

Is sting even medically cleared to wrestle by WWE ?

Someone should use the Rings of Saturn as their finisher. Great submission.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Is sting even medically cleared to wrestle by WWE ?

What a quaint idea.

They called up Ciampa when he was hurt and worked him until his neck exploded.

"Medically cleared" doesn't matter to this company. They'd cart Sting down to the ring in a wheelchair and have Taker tombstone him directly on the top of his head if they thought it would earn them an extra few quid from the nostalgic idiots who still follow this twaddle.

"Medically cleared" doesn't matter to this company. They'd cart Sting down to the ring in a wheelchair and have Taker tombstone him directly on the top of his head if they thought it would earn them an extra few quid from the nostalgic idiots who still follow this twaddle.

Meanwhile your dream promotion of AEW has a vicious chairshot to the skull in 2019....

Meanwhile your dream promotion of AEW has a vicious chairshot to the skull in 2019....

And the guy it happened to is perfectly fine other than a few stitches. He'll be working a match next weekend at a charity event on the same day that WWE cynically scheduled an event for. I guess charity only matters if they are the ones doing it.

How has Ciampa been doing since his call up? Do we even know if he'll ever wrestle again?

And the guy it happened to is perfectly fine other than a few stitches. He'll be working a match next weekend

A quick Google tells us that symptoms of CTE typically do not begin until years after the injuries.

• Advertisement

A quick Google tells us that symptoms of CTE typically do not begin until years after the injuries.

You'd better forward these FACTS on to WWE re: Daniel Bryan/Alexa Bliss/etc.

What a quaint idea.

They called up Ciampa when he was hurt and worked him until his neck exploded.

Jesus H christ but your train of thought is getting tiresome. Sting and Ciampa aren't even remotely the same issue FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

And the guy it happened to is perfectly fine other than a few stitches. He'll be working a match next weekend at a charity event on the same day that WWE cynically scheduled an event for. I guess charity only matters if they are the ones doing it.

It was a severely scummy thing of Cody to do, nothing to do with whether he was fine or not. He’s in a position of high influence now and there are tons of naive, desperate wrestlers on the indies who will do anything to get noticed: seeing one of the most powerful men in the industry taking an unprotected chairshot sends the message to all that this is now acceptable. Sure enough, the next weekend at the GCW Backyard show, some lad there gets smacked with a horrific chair to the head. Probably happened countless other places we didn’t hear about too.

I’ve nothing against AEW, but every single one of those chairshots and every bit of damage that comes from them was on Cody and his need to pull a stunt to get his feud with Tye Dillinger over. It was a totally reckless and scummy move.

If Ciampa is done, WWE will pay for all his medical care, continue to pay his wages and he’ll likely get a job for life the same way Tyson Kidd and Corey Graves have. Will Cody lift a finger or even think twice about all the people he had a direct influence in injuring as a result of his spot? Nope, he’s setting up a special interview with JR for Shawn Spears to promote it.

tonight is 23 year since hogan turned on WCW and the NWO was formed.

Could something like this ever happen again.

Hogan's heel turn and the formation of the NWO was 23 years ago yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

Hope Sting doesn't wrestle he was done for before the injury and will only embarrass himself like hbk and taker if he wrestles again.

leggo wrote: »
    It was a severely scummy thing of Cody to do, nothing to do with whether he was fine or not. He’s in a position of high influence now and there are tons of naive, desperate wrestlers on the indies who will do anything to get noticed: seeing one of the most powerful men in the industry taking an unprotected chairshot sends the message to all that this is now acceptable. Sure enough, the next weekend at the GCW Backyard show, some lad there gets smacked with a horrific chair to the head. Probably happened countless other places we didn’t hear about too.

I’ve nothing against AEW, but every single one of those chairshots and every bit of damage that comes from them was on Cody and his need to pull a stunt to get his feud with Tye Dillinger over. It was a totally reckless and scummy move.

If Ciampa is done, WWE will pay for all his medical care, continue to pay his wages and he’ll likely get a job for life the same way Tyson Kidd and Corey Graves have. Will Cody lift a finger or even think twice about all the people he had a direct influence in injuring as a result of his spot? Nope, he’s setting up a special interview with JR for Shawn Spears to promote it.

Ah yes, Cody Rhodes, powerful mind control wizard making all these indie guys take chairshots. Backyard wrestling is usually so safe, shame on him for making it dangerous.

Your perception of WWEs handling of injured wrestlers is almost adorable in its naivety.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Whats everyones thoughts on intergender wrestling saw sami callhan vs tessa blanchard was on impact ppv last night.

Have to say im not a real fan of it too much myself and its been said triple h hates it and tony khan said its not going to be apart of AEW

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Could something like this ever happen again.

Hogan's heel turn and the formation of the NWO was 23 years ago yesterday.

The only person capable of such a shocking twist would be Cena in the modern landscape.

Missed opportunity with the Nexus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    The only person capable of such a shocking twist would be Cena in the modern landscape.

Missed opportunity with the Nexus.

even now i think cena would get cheered i mean the only real heel in wrestling the last few years was ciampa

its so hard to be a true heel these days as it always seems to be a mixed crowd. I think its why guys like corbin get pushes as he gets heel reactions even if that maybe go away heat a lot of the time

Advertisement