Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: Batman

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Doris WW wrote: »
    Look ask the mods for confirmation if you want but I was told first to pick a person by the lunch, and then after I posted that on the thread they pmd again and said by midnight. I can't defend this coz it wasn't my fault.

That's fine I did just say it was noteworthy, and I'm definitely not voting you today

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

No fault to ya Wendy but yours was REALLU obvious too.

:D

Angus WW wrote: »
    No fault to ya Wendy but yours was REALLU obvious too.

Yup.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Why would there be an 'other' option on the form?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Baggly wrote: »
    Mod

Please note Oisin ww and Mary ww were accidentally listed as anon accounts in this game. They aren't and have been removed from the list of accounts posted earlier today.
    Liam WW wrote: »
    Mods have secrets. Gabriel's character wasn't listed.
    Fiona WW wrote: »
    They made a mistake and listed 2 wrong anons If I remember correctly
    Gabriels anon is now listed you said it wasn't but that was clarified by mods as a mistake

No it was Oisin and Mary that were wrongly listed

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Gabriels anon is now listed you said it wasn't but that was clarified by mods as a mistake

They're there as flavour, not as players.

Harley could also be seen as flavour, as she's in a photo.

Were the Wayne's added in later? Mods only clarification was the anon accounts that were removed.

Henry WW wrote: »
    Why would there be an 'other' option on the form?

I was tempted to vote for Baggly :D

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Holly WW wrote: »
    No it was Oisin and Mary that were wrongly listed

In stead of Gabriel and someone else if they weren't in at the start I'm presuming

Never even noticed the "other" option. I didn't scroll down that far.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

They're there as flavour, not as players.

Harley could also be seen as flavour, as she's in a photo.

Were the Wayne's added in later? Mods only clarification was the anon accounts that were removed.

You said Gabriel wasn't there from the start I'm presuming they listed ones that weren't in although i could be wrong

In stead of Gabriel and someone else if they weren't in at the start I'm presuming

I don’t know if they had the wrong names or just too many names listed

Never even noticed the "other" option. I didn't scroll down that far.

I saw it cos Ewan is down there.

I don't know why you'd presume that?

There were just two too many anon accounts listed. I can't see what that has to do with Gabriel and another person.

Anyway, it's irrelevant.

I still think there's a good chance Harley is in this game.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Ok I've voted Ewan based on Wendy's post. I have to leave. I will talk to you tomorrow unless I get murdered I suppose.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Not really. I've been reading the thread more or less the whole way through but never enough time to contribute. Wife has been nursing a hangover all day, so I've been pre-occupied with the kids. Just got the youngest off to bed there now. Hoping the wife will take care of the eldest later.

I agree with the tasking case around Orla, I thanked that post that highlighted it earlier.

I liked Evas posting there from around an hour or two ago, so I wouldn't really want to vote there. The account slip actually seemed like genuine villager excitement.

What is the case on Ewan, its not one I recall ?

Coola Boola

I’d have to catch up on the Ewan case myself. Ive been reading and generally keeping up scanned through some of the stuff. I find the more deaths happen you can start to piece things together and those attacking certain posters give stronger feels.

You said Gabriel wasn't there from the start I'm presuming they listed ones that weren't in although i could be wrong

Ah. I see the confusion.

I meant Gabriel's character (Thomas Wayne), not listed as a role.

Yeah, the Gabriel WW account was there all along.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Holly WW wrote: »
    I was tempted to vote for Baggly :D

That would definitely add an interesting spin to the wagonomics later

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Barbara WW wrote: »
    What wagon?

ewan 2
    eva 2
    orla 3
    clodagh 2
    conor 2
    steve 1
    fiona 1

if anything its a orla wagon not eva one.

but there is not enough data yet.

Why?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Wendy WW wrote: »
    Ok, I'm running out of time here and I'm gonna be AFK for the lynch.

I'm Martha Wayne, wife of Thomas, and Batman's ma.

But how can I prove this, oh well oh well oh well.

Myself and my poor deceased hubby had to do a task which involved mentioning our own character name more than once on the game thread:

We were due to have a shared room this morning I think post munch but Gabby was taken away from me and I'm very sad :(

And this is why I don't believe Eva is Harley Quinn.

It's TOO obvious.

That's it???? Why would it be too obvious?? Just because your task was the same? This actually makes me more convinced that Eva is Harley.

• Advertisement

That would definitely add an interesting spin to the wagonomics later

I wonder what would happen if we all voted for the mods

Isla WW wrote: »
    Good morning, busy weekend here but I'm watching

Isla likes to watch, well what have you seen?

@Wendy, I'd still like an answer to this please. I don't like being called a liar when I've not been.
    Explain? What lies?

Liam, you said you had voted Eva and thus were very much part of the wagon at the time Tegan posted.

Ok, I'm running out of time here and I'm gonna be AFK for the lynch.

I'm Martha Wayne, wife of Thomas, and Batman's ma.

But how can I prove this, oh well oh well oh well.

Myself and my poor deceased hubby had to do a task which involved mentioning our own character name more than once on the game thread:

Here's mine....

And here is Gabriel's.

We were due to have a shared room this morning I think post munch but Gabby was taken away from me and I'm very sad :(

And this is why I don't believe Eva is Harley Quinn.

It's TOO obvious.

What do you think is the counterfeit power? Just curious as you are a very shrewd player and I know you would have some ideas.

Liam, you said you had voted Eva and thus were very much part of the wagon at the time Tegan posted.

I said I had voted for her, but was going to change when I got home. Which I did. She didn't even make my FFA.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

FFA1

Frank
    Tegan
    Liam

Frank WW wrote: »
    What do you think is the counterfeit power? Just curious as you are a very shrewd player and I know you would have some ideas.

I posted my thoughts on this on Saturday actually, I feel the counterfeiter has something to do with lynch votes, based off the info on the role in the thread linked in the OP.

Now, that being said, I have no proof but it's my best bet. Hang on and I'll find the post for you

Orla WW wrote: »
    FFA1

Frank
    Tegan
    Liam

Reasons?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Fiona ISO
    Fluffy Intro
    Hello all

I am nondescript flying mammal person
    Or woman,

Thank you brother,

Or sister

Wait where was i
    My eyes my eyes
    Congratulations everyone we have set the record for most role claims pre game,

Dance party?
    More Fluff then into Mechanics
    If Harvey is at end game, he will win as an evil or a goodie depending on his day.

So if he is evil at 2v1 and evil on that day he will kill the last villager by the sounds of it.

I'm also reading he has a kill ability maybe a gun with a 50% chance of killing his target

Although no idea on how many bullets

Thats my read on the character
    What?

3 v 1 dent good

munch not dent

2 v 1 dent bad

wolves win instead of a lynch
    Its exactly what I said I just went back a day to explain how we get there which you didn't seem to think we could
    After lynch on night x, 4 left 1 wolf, I dent good, 2 villagers

After munch

1 wolf, 1 dent bad, 1 villager endgame
    ok I fear we are going round in circles all im saying is what I said the first time,

I'll leave it there the points been made anyways,
    you seem quite argumentative for someone who missed my original point.

You can call him what you like.

Im out

Im Batman
    We have a Barbra role and a Barbra player, that will get confusing at some stage no doubt.
    Someone said this is potentially tasky
    How do I change the post per page thingy again, I'm on 11 when I should be on max 4
    I felt I could get into arguments with Barbra on page 11 but now Im back on page 4 I think she is swell
    The theory that mods would set avatars to players roles is of course crazy.

You saying you will riddle this :eek:

And naming out a load of roles is well very very very suspect

I'm not sure the end game here but **** its all very suspect.

Saying you found Harley Quinn at the top of the list given we suspect she might be in the game is just all very very worrying
    Were she starting diving in two footed on Gabs, talking about shooting etc.
    I mean the thoery is a little crazy but its not wolfy

Saying riddle, I mean who says that tbf but it could be just getting caught up in the game I guess

But

I've found Harvey Quinn

is just really suspect considering we think Jokeror her may be looking for each other
    Actually can someone more clever then me work this out.

Is gabriel saying avatars have gave people away, and are all the characters he is talking about even avatars
    As soon as I get my gun gabriel is dead unless the villagers can talk me down

Gabriel this is for you
    I'd have hoped you would have looked into this a little closer and broke down the posts but meh

Its ok you go on the dodgy list but you aren't someone I will be shooting yet.
    Gabriel, Wendy are locked bad

Barbra semi locked
    Mentions three thoughts for wolves based on well little or nothing
    I just looked through this also

You used the word about 4-5 times not much in that

A lot that you fail to mention it while stating you left out mod posts from your calculation

If you believed in the theory which you must have a little to check it out, then you would have cut this down further, but you left in you're own posts, this is a little odd

And after reading them all Gabriels ridddle post is the only one, that reads a bit forced

From first look here it suspect I'll look closer at posts tomoro,

You're breakdown is suspect
    Wendy was based on the riddle word search and then Babs for disagreeing
    Are you reading?

I've gave reasons, there has not been many posts

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm you will be 50/50 from now on

I will shoot gabriel if i could thats all.

And wendy is suss as in a wolf if gabriel is bad
    So Gabriel has been looking for Harley quinn and saying things the joker said hmmmmm
    Ya got mixed up
    Bitta patriotic fluff
    Hon Shane, ole ole ole ole
    The theory was just a way to get thier message out there, look at the post last night at 00:08
    Im on my phone, wtf making you do stuff? Look if you want or dont, ive already quoted it last night
    If you think I'm Dent come out and say it, instead of heavily implying it.

People who cast shade, without really accusing the person are highly suspect.

I must say I like Barbra theory
    Im not agreeing with someone elses theory it was something, its something I also thought I spotted, just Barbra hashed it out potentially very well.

But it kinda depends is the mod posts are to do with a competition or were cryptic announcements.

I'll still shoot Gabriel first though..

Pew pew Gab ya dead.........
    No concern of yours yet, but it is a big gun, and it shoots bullets.
    A lot of talk then about the seer spartacus strategy
    OK i was taking the pee but multiple people claiming seer wont help the village so we should stop that
    Wait does everyone do it?

Surely the information that is bad points to wolfs towards the real seer.?
    he could be harley yes one or the other
    Well i someone says x is a villager and they are a wolf they know they aren't the seer.

The seer clearing a wolf on thread to stay hidden would obviously be silly, so they just wouldn't post.

So if people are making bad reads the pool for the seer is cut now for munching quite sharply.

Its a bad idea.

From my first impression maybe people can enlighten me more though
    o right no.
    Should we not wait at least until auto priest is confirmed

This seems better in an auto priest game.

Still not sure about it tbh.
    A lot will depend on what the mods posts were about.

You posted the Harley pic and 8 minutes later the mods posted the paper thingy

So it looks dodgy right now for you. Given Barbras suspicions.
    its alright dont worry about it I've got you. :p
    Ya thats the other thing we give a list of the most trusted villagers to the wolves, so they can pick them off at some stage too.

I really dont like this idea
    I mean I do I want their munch targets to be as hard as possible and leaving them to work out who the most trusted villagers are or aren't, without the village handing over the info.

its hard for a power roled villager to appear wolfy, (not saying it can't happen) but we are just narrowing down the munch list a fair bit.

If 1 or 2 wolfs manage to come across really villagery we could half the seer list for the wolves
    Lets imagine you and another person come across as really villagery and you are both actually wolves.

10 villagers say they peeked you and your buddy good, now not only are you more confident to take on a village lead, the seer has been massively compromised.

the wolves now peek from a list of 25 - x(wolves) - X people who said they peeked the wolves.

Thats before the wolves use any rational themselves to narrow down the list further.

There is a reason FFAs work as it only points to bad leans and it still gives the seer a chance to expose wolfs in them.

Its all just a bit fancy play sydrome for me
    Long term this plan decreases the seers life span,
    And again this plan is better with an auto priest which it looks like we have.

As it wont expose the seer to people using wrong terminology, like x is a villager

Instead of good/bad in some games

Or NRV citizen of gotham

Its ok, just ok with an auto priest

If not it would be a disaster, most likely (% wise things can always just luck out randomly) but it doesn't help

I'd guess if this was a regular occurrence it would cost the village about 1 peek per game maybe more
    If everyone did it that way you would maximise the villagers picking wolfs

So say 25 players could only pick 1 available player

Straight off day 0/1

-5 wolves who knows wont pick a wolf, leaves 5 villagers to pick a wolf as a villager

and we are down to 15 targets for the wolves

If the wolves move early on day 2 picks then its likely 5 seer munch targets (worst case)

And so on if played correctly like you say, its daft
    playing it this way is worse
    Here look if there is a study done on this strategy over a 1000s games or more compared to ones without that result in a higher % village win im all ears

But when you implement something which could reduce the seer down to a 1 in 456 target, on day 2 it sounds crazy.

It doesn't matter who part takes the more I peeked villager who was actually a wolf reduces the targets for wolfs.
    I'm batman I have a gun I'm shooting gab

pew pew pew pew

He/she is not

They are saying organically some people wont part take and maybe a seer will or wont.

But she/he is misunderstanding the more villagers who claim to have peeked wolves as villagers will still narrow down the field of seer munch targets regardless of seer participation or not

Now of course this can be done as a double bluff also, but it means seer possible giving up the game early to a mis lynch or Sk/wolf (good read) munch
    Anyway ive given my thoughts on the game mechanics of this and I'll stop now

I wont be part taking as ive shooting to do
    ba ba ba ba ba ba ba,
    ba ba ba ba ba ba ba.
    Babmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan
    my computer has detected harley quinn entering the game wierdly enough
    Afternoon all, i see i may have been wrong on poor gabriel, my only regret though is i didnt get to shoot him. Jokes.

Ive to catch up from there
    Is a black and white chequered flag not singally the end of a race.

Not the begining?
    Do we think dent is with the wolves in the backroom. Probably not is my guess.

They might know who he is might not.

But maybe they fake poisioned him, he freaks out.

But he is good dent today so his power is good and he cures himself or takes the chance to?

Could also just have been dent being a good villager also?
    O i figured, it was the let the games begin comment that caught my eye.

Kinda odd to shoe horn a gif into in.
    Its not the post in isolation though, its the post 9 minutes later by the mod account, and Barbaras well reasoned argument of what it could mean.

I thought it could be part of the competition but it turns out not to be, and it wasnt posted just for the hell of it do something happened and the most likely something is you being found by the joker
    You seem quite confident that eva isnt a wolf.

How could you know this?

Now i know she is being accused of Harley buy could still be a random wolf yet you seem to know she isnt.

Youve made my list tegan

First accusation of someone else since Gabs died
    So your thoughts on Eva is enough for you to say there are 2 wolfs on the bandwagon list, even though eva vould be anything.

You are a little too certain for my liking tbh
    Thats actually an interesting iso on Ewan well the first line also makes sense,
    Pretty sure his avatar is harley as well not sure if he did this or mods did though.

What would be hilarious if he was Harley and Eva was joker and had to post a harley gif to convert him.

Im a little torn now on this
    Why the mod announcement with the paper they hardly posted it randomly, and it hasnt really served a purpose, it must mean something?

Really what has Fiona said of substance. I am coming down wolfy on her at the moment! Seems to be more talk of mechanics than anything else despite a large amount of posts

Advertisement