Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2019 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,353 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

revolting evening here in west Mayo for mid july,cold dark and damp.

think it reached a pathetic 14 degrees today.

not sure where the warmth humidity and thunderstorms went today,never materialised,pig scutter of the highest order.

plenty of more Atlantic dross in the pipeline next week,

glad to be heading off for August.

I’d take that “pig scutter” without any complaint

Hate humid/muggy/close weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭acequion

compsys wrote: »
    Jesus wept.

We've lost a grand total of 15 mins in the evening for God's sake.

Come back to me when we've lost an hour in the evening.

People don't post here to "come back to" you!

They post to express their opinion.And commenting on the gradual shortening of the days is extremely valid imo. I'll be interested to see how I'll see it when I return on Sunday, having being gone for the last 17 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

acequion wrote: »
    People don't post here to "come back to" you!

They post to express their opinion.And commenting on the gradual shortening of the days is extremely valid imo. I'll be interested to see how I'll see it when I return on Sunday, having being gone for the last 17 days.

It is noticeably shorter . the daylight now. Being a very early riser and walker I am seeing that. The year is turning as it always does. Over the top and down the other side ;)

Xenji wrote: »
    Encroached as far as Claremorris anyway, they have had lightning and nearly 50 mm of rain in the last two hours or so.

It was lively out here too. Restful to go to sleep with wind and rain .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭pauldry

Yesterday today was forecast to be a great day but today today is forecast to be only good from afternoon.

Keeps happening.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

It’s breezy and cloudy here this morning 17 degrees. Nothing to get excited about unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Same in Donegal, dark and grey, ground still damp from the rain.

Tomorrow looking like a complete washout as well but *hopefully* some warm sunshine in the week ahead

Quite lovely out here. Some sun and a fresh clean breeze that has life in it. A pleasure to be outside

west mayo offshore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Same in Donegal, dark and grey, ground still damp from the rain.

Tomorrow looking like a complete washout as well but *hopefully* some warm sunshine in the week ahead

Probably should pack wellies & sunscreen for a two day trip there next week Ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Pleasant day in north Dublin

• Advertisement

Pleasantest day for a while.. perfect gardening and walking weather

Today was promised mostly sunny and fair on forecast last night and even this morning

Now

Mostly cloudy today but with occasional sunny spells. Highest temperatures of 17 to 21 degrees in moderate westerly breezes.

They cant even forecast a few hours ahead.

This has happened every weekend this Summer.

Hvnt looked at weekdays as too busy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Mostly cloudy with some small breaks near Limerick City. Feeling much cooler than yesterday. It doesn’t feel up to 18 or 19°C as reported at Shannon Airport.

Sun came out for 5 minutes but then cloud again

However since it came out temperature has risen to 18 and 19c from 17c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Pretty much the only set up where places right on the sea get up to 25C or more (E. Coast). My favourite summer set up, sunny with a warm wind. Pity it'll only last a day.

GFSOPUK12_51_2.png

Rain and drizzle all evening in Letterkenny after another dull pretty much sunless day. Was briefly pleasant enough around 2-4pm but back to the usual crap again

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Some sunshine on and off getting the Temp up to 20.2C, overcast much of the evening and currently 16.3C . Drove through a few heavy enough showers only a few Km's away but all dry here.

Pic: Banna Beach early evening.

I8xeGoq.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Status Yellow - Rainfall warning for Connacht, Cavan, Monaghan, Donegal and Longford

Through Sunday and Sunday night, falls of heavy rain will give high rainfall totals with reduced visibility and a risk of localised flooding.

Valid: Sunday 21 July 2019 06:00 to Monday 22 July 2019 06:00

• Registered Users Posts: 23,551 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Poor day all round tomorrow alright but distant memory by Monday afternoon thankfully.

hirlamuk-41-48-0.png?20-18

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Status Yellow - Rainfall warning for Connacht, Cavan, Monaghan, Donegal and Longford

Through Sunday and Sunday night, falls of heavy rain will give high rainfall totals with reduced visibility and a risk of localised flooding.

Valid: Sunday 21 July 2019 06:00 to Monday 22 July 2019 06:00

Just seen this and wondered re a new thread but you beat me to it!

We have this too which will affect all coastal areas,,

Status Yellow - Small Craft Warning
    South to southwest winds will reach force 6 or higher during Sunday on all Irish coasts.

It it dark, dramatic and ominous out here already; been out to take my lovely big pot of flowers off the gate post before the wind does.. Those clouds over the north ocean...

west mayo offshore island

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,085 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A dark wet miserable morning here in Castlebar.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,551 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

hirlamuk-41-39-0.png?21-06

Wondrously wild and invigorating.. been out gathering vegetables. Love this weather!

west Mayo offshore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Disappointing for those of us who only have the weekend to get stuff done or have a day out. Wet and overcast. Last weekend was a one way off in its loveliness.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,937 ✭✭✭OldRio

Got caught in the rain on my morning run. And to think it's going to get worse. Dreadful morning.
    Leitrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,141 ✭✭✭✭km79

Has this come in a bit more north/west than forecast
    Not complaining!

km79 wrote: »
    Has this come in a bit more north/west than forecast
    Not complaining!

No surprise there :rolleyes:

Pouring rain, 16C, miserable.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭loughside

No surprise there :rolleyes:

Pouring rain, 16C, miserable.

Same here, just another summer week-end wasted gazing out the window, had planned to get the bike out.....oh well,

meanwhile

https://www.skylinewebcams.com/en/webcam/espana/canarias/santa-cruz-de-tenerife/playa-los-cristianos.html

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭seamusk84

Overcast in Celbridge all day so far. Wind picking up slightly and clouds darkening as they move from west to east overhead.
    I’d give it another 30-45 minutes before the rain starts. Be great to hear some thunder....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

pauldry wrote: »

They cant even forecast a few hours ahead.

I admit I don't really watch the TV forecasts any more. but the website forecasts seem to be alright, though even then, I only rarely read them as they only tell me what I basically already know.

New Moon

Advertisement