Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Britain ever just piss off and get on with Brexit? -mod warning in OP (21/12)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

blinding wrote: »
    Funnily Enough I Understand Democracy and the Freedom that goes with it .:P:P:P

About as well as you understand the rules of capitalization.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Eu-Phile MPs that fraudulently stole their seats .

Leave illegally stole a referendum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Like a democratic vote to accept a leader by 52% to 48%
    There was only One Candidate . Was this One Candidate even Democratically Nominated ? Or was she a Merkel Shoe-Horn .:eek::eek::eek:

amcalester wrote: »
    About as well as you understand the rules of capitalization.
    I Don’t write in a Forum such as this under the Normal Rules of Capitalisation .:P:P:P

There was only One Candidate . Was this One Candidate even Democratically Nominated ? Or was she a Merkel Shoe-Horn .:eek::eek::eek:

2 options, accept or reject.

• Advertisement

Leave illegally stole a referendum.
    I Don’t Agree . The British people have shown no appetite to change their Opinion . Neither the Conservatives , Brexit Party or even the Labour party are in favour of Another Brexit Referendum . Its as if they know that the British people expect their Democratic Recision to be Respected .

2 options, accept or reject.
    In a Democracy isn’t their normally at least two Candidates in such an Election ?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 67,496 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

In a Democracy isn’t their normally at least two Candidates in such an Election ?:eek:

If they rejected her they simply would have found somebody else...rinse and repeat.

You therefore get somebody who the majority want in the job. Not like the oh so democratic UK were the people have no say who is going to lead them through the most crucial period of their history. Only the Tory party get to decide that.

I Don’t Agree

Laws were broken. I doesnt matter whether you agree or not

Who voted for Farage as party leader?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭storker

Your attitude to the Democratic Decision of the British People .

Specifically?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭storker

That passes the Conway test. Carry on.

You'll have to explain that one to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,286 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Someone that wants to decide other people Democracy .

The British people Voted to leave the Eu . Respect their Democracy .

Referendums are meant to be only a mere part of the British political system and never, ever to overrule the Parliament (unless you believe the centuries old Parliament is somehow "undemocratic"?)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,366 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

storker wrote: »
    You'll have to explain that one to me.

It's reference to Kellyanne Conway who made headline news yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

blinding wrote:
    Eu-Phile MPs that fraudulently stole their seats .

Stole them how and from who?

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭babi-hrse

Here's why that is BS.

The UK negotiated the deal in the WA over several months. They proposed backstop solution.
    The 39B is money already owed, it's not a fee or anything like that.

If this was an individual divorce, it would be comparable if there were only about 200 people in the world, you were going to have to live beside your ex after ye have separated and look after children ye had together and you didn't owe them any money (which you admitted you owed) at the time of divorce.

Now, in that scenario, how conducive would it be to having a healthy future relationship (with anyone) if everyone was watching as you refused to pay your debt, reneged on any deal and was just screaming 'I want, I want, I want'? Remember, there are only 200 or so people in the entire world (representing number of countries in real life) and you can't just pack your bags and move, you have to stay living in the same house, in the same corner of the estate you've been in all your life.

That's why everyone is talking about the UK looking for unicorns, what they want (and what you've suggested they do) is magical make belief, in the real world.

Sounds like the UK wants somebody to have an affair so it can be not their fault

• Registered Users Posts: 23,369 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I Don’t Agree . The British people have shown no appetite to change their Opinion . Neither the Conservatives , Brexit Party or even the Labour party are in favour of Another Brexit Referendum . Its as if they know that the British people expect their Democratic Recision to be Respected .

Reading Posts with Such raNdom Capitalisation is annoying. Is the EU Punctuation a no Go now?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

I realise well that this is the banter side of Brexit discussions in Current Affairs, relative to the Brexit threads in Politics, but...

...do trolls like blinding really need to be fed in here?

Pages of whattabouteritic diarrhoea in answer to every rational post are tedious to read, and blocking makes it worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,369 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

ambro25 wrote: »
    I realise well that this is the banter side of Brexit discussions in Current Affairs, relative to the Brexit threads in Politics, but...

...do trolls like blinding really need to be fed in here?

Pages of whattabouteritic diarrhoea in answer to every rational post are tedious to read, and blocking makes it worse.
    If you take trolling away from fans of brexit then whats left?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

pjohnson wrote: »

Economic ruin?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,934 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Their artificial sense of victimhood and little Union flags?

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Loads! Imagine an erudite and coherent Brexiteer like Peter North (e.g.) dropping in here for some light relief Brexit-themed banter.

You make a good point of course. But still we should insist on better trolls (or better bots...I work with some AI-pushing Fintechs, and am quite confident that virtual Leaver-trained assistants could do much better than the poster in question).

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭lfen

Trying to bring myself up to speed with Brexit and this thread has acted as a very decent 'Brexit 101' :)

In plain terms, can someone explain to me why house prices in Ireland would decrease if the UK crash out of the EU?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,934 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

ambro25 wrote: »
    Loads! Imagine an erudite and coherent Brexiteer like Peter North (e.g.) dropping in here for some light relief Brexit-themed banter.

You make a good point of course. But still we should insist on better trolls (or better bots...I work with some AI-pushing Fintechs, and am quite confident that virtual Leaver-trained assistants could do much better than the poster in question).

FYI, do not google "Peter North" at work.

I've a few trips away booked in September. Think I'm actually going to have to move to the continent now. It's scary just how ignorant, selfish and apathetic people here have become with regards to Brexit.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Laws were broken. I doesnt matter whether you agree or not

What laws were broken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Anyone who thinks the British did not know what they were voting on should go and read the ballot paper. It really was not a difficult choice, leave or remain in the EU

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Dytalus

What laws were broken

Finance violations. They went over their legally permissible limit by funneling the funding through BeLeave.

Darren Grimes of BeLeave also exceeded the £10k he is allowed spend as an individual.

FYI, do not google "Peter North" at work.

I've a few trips away booked in September. Think I'm actually going to have to move to the continent now. It's scary just how ignorant, selfish and apathetic people here have become with regards to Brexit.
    mea culpa maxima: I meant Richard North, he of http://www.eureferendum.com.

Drop by Lux on your travels, their lager ain't half bad (and their pinot gris is truly magnificant) and if this September is anything like the last two, it'll be a warm Indian summer. You can take the opportunity of visiting Schengen :pac:

Anyone who thinks the British did not know what they were voting on should go and read the ballot paper. It really was not a difficult choice, leave or remain in the EU
    They certainly did not Vote to stay in the Most Glorious Eu Empire .

They do not want to be in the Eu .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67,496 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Farage et al told the electorate that there was no way they were advocating leaving the single market...YET here we are. Inform yourself for goodness sake, you are indulging in abject comedy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement