Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rikand's Walrus Reveal!

Options

Comments

I've first seen the video years and years ago and I just think its Genuis, song is great although was fairly sure Rikand would have heard it a couple of times.

I'll take 6th although I wanted 5 th :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Clarabel wrote: »
    I'm listening to a lot of difficult music at the moment, no lyrics, not harmonic (weird stuff). I've been told it's beautiful and to stick with it cause once it clicks.

Now all these songs tonight sound a bit childish, I fear I may have ruined songs.

A quick listen to 'strong bad - the sytem is down' will have you as right as rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Rikand wrote: »
    6th Place :: Daft Bodies - Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

lol, great video. I've watched this 4 times now and I have yet to write any description for it. Think I've more or less just sat here open mouthed at how brilliant this is. If I hadn't heard the song 400 million times before this would have scored better. it's such a great song, such great appeal to my preferred music choice and the video strongly appeals to my rampant heterosexuality. Well played!

6th Place - 10 points to
    Deleted User

LOVE IT

• Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

5th Place :: Us3 - cantaloop (flip fantasia)

Submitting anything with hiphop, rap, R&B always carries a certain amount of risk with me. Well risk rewarded. Anymore than this though would have been a little too much. It was just enough. Overall, the jazz, that trumpet! The pianos and general sort of club house feel to it, its just such a tune! You will not be able to stop bopping all the way through this. I wasn't.

https://open.spotify.com/track/06DSI8L6IT8SizCw3JLckz

5th Place - 11 points to
    Ectoplasm

6th Place :: Daft Bodies - Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

lol, great video. I've watched this 4 times now and I have yet to write any description for it. Think I've more or less just sat here open mouthed at how brilliant this is. If I hadn't heard the song 400 million times before this would have scored better. it's such a great song, such great appeal to my preferred music choice and the video strongly appeals to my rampant heterosexuality. Well played!

6th Place - 10 points to
    Deleted User

class video.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

sKeith wrote: »
    A quick listen to 'strong bad - the sytem is down' will have you as right as rain.

I'm not offended by that, because my ears are broken!!!!

for those of us that dont have spotify

That’s another serious tune

Great original by The Knife, great cover by Jose Gonzalez, just a great fúcking song that I love.

The Knife playing it live is...interesting, and the way they introduce the Twin Peaks theme is genius.

Thats class!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Great choice Ecto!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Delighted with that. Knew it was a risky one alright but I looooovvvee that tune.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

These are just getting better, I like the ordering of this category.

*Holds Breath*

Necro wrote: »
    These are just getting better, I like the ordering of this category.

*Holds Breath*

Breathe Necro...breathe...nearly there :)

Such a long time since I heard that Ecto. Brilliant choice. Micksjaguar is another one I love. Great picks!!

I’ve to go to sleep, look forward to listening to the top four in the morning

4th Place :: Royksopp - What else is There ( Trentemoller Remix)

This is top 5 and is yet massively situational for me. Like, right now, I'm at home and I'm just enjoyin it, Bopping my head, grinding my hips as I walk around the place, when the tech breaks down for each vocal bit, sometimes im a little bit eh. But if I was at a rave and this came on and I was a couple of beers deep, then I would go into full on gurn mode and forking love it. A few mates of mine absolutely love Trentemoller, but I was never that into his stuff before, but this is really good and I really enjoyed myself!

4th Place - 12 points to
    Deleted User

Rikand that's a great review - gurning, bopping and grinding :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Oooh I could listen to that beat for ages. Nice choice PJ

Top 3 Hype ::

Three very different songs coming up But who's going home with the top prize!
    Stu Redman
    Mollyb60
    Necro(Wait, wut?)

Necro(Wait, wut?)

OMoaKK.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Necro wrote: »
    OMoaKK.gif

Westlife?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,755 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

b91dcb0f653e25bfd87e6985ae9bafe6.gif

I can't believe that 'My Lovely Horse' is getting Top 3, delighted here :D

3rd Place :: Fountains of Wayne - Stacey's Mom

"[myfriend]'s Dad has got it going on, [myfriend]'s dad has got it going on" - One time as a tribute to how cool my best friends dad is, I took the lyrics to staceys mom and applied them to his dad and then sang them one night in a packed pub. Everyone broke themselves up laughing at it. I have never sang it since (except to myself lol). I wrote the lyrics as a one time dealer performance and some people were like, "whats wrong with this guy" but everyone else was in a state. To this day, I dont know if it the was the lyrics, how bad my singing was or really just that I dared to do it in the first place and how was I not killed and...... I forget where I'm going with this but.... Stacey's Mom is a great great song with a great great great tremendous video..... And will always hold a special place in my heart <3

Actually, [myfriend] is getting married next year. Maybe I'll whip it out one more time for that lol

3rd Place - 13 points to
    Necro

I can't believe that 'My Lovely Horse' is getting Top 3, delighted here :D

I've always thought if I was in an Irish singing competition and made the final, I'd do my lovely horse as crap as in the show, vote winner extraordinaire :D

I've always thought if I was in an Irish singing competition and made the final, I'd do my lovely horse as crap as in the show, vote winner extraordinaire :D

MJ: "Huh? It worked for Ted and Dougal. Fine then, shove yisser singing competition" :pac:

Woo, I'll take that :)

Also we need to hear Rikand singing his version, it's only fair :P

2nd Place :: Dan La Sac & Scroobius Pip - Thou Shalt Always Kill

I love the Scroob! Beat that my heart skipped is good but Letter from God..... To Man is my favourite offering from him which samples Planet Telex and is amazing. He really makes you think with the thought provoking lyrics and Dan produces great music for all the compositions. I wont take Lord Scroobs name in vain by offering my thoughts on the piece, I'll let you judge it for yourself. Its what he would want :)

2nd Place - 14 points to
    Mollyb60

It's true what he says about Oasis...just a band :O

• Advertisement

2nd Place :: Dan La Sac & Scroobius Pip - Thou Shalt Always Kill

I love the Scroob! Beat that my heart skipped is good but Letter from God..... To Man is my favourite offering from him which samples Planet Telex and is amazing. He really makes you think with the thought provoking lyrics and Dan produces great music for all the compositions. I wont take Lord Scroobs name in vain by offering my thoughts on the piece, I'll let you judge it for yourself. Its what he would want :)

2nd Place - 14 points to
    Mollyb60

that was great, had to wait until it was over before reading the commentary, unlike every other song in walrus so far, it dragged me in.

Advertisement