Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rikand's Walrus Reveal!

Options

Comments

Great choice Pretzil, well done! I never heard the song before but I instantly love it.

So Rikand...at least we got Eddie Vedder and the piano to talk about if we ever meet up, eh? :pac:

I think the seer should come out now btw, don't care if saying that makes me look wolfy.

osh wrote: »
    Thanks for another good reveal Rikand, and well done PJ and Pretzill.

If anyone likes my song, this was the original video I submitted. Song itself starts about 2:05 just to warn you, but the video is more interesting :)

That's a class song

I'm in your head Rikand :pac: If you enjoyed that beruit one, this is their best imo

https://youtu.be/G8lOkgyPcaU

Had many a good night singing those lyrics

Just found they cancelled their gig in August :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Catch up time. Cheers again Rikand :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Rikand wrote: »
    Yeah - 3

You probably did better with Lewis Capaldi.

I love Wiley! But Sean Paul.... /facepalm

Well then... I'm very very glad I didn't submit this song for the next category :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Ah I like that song Necro. I took a bit of a gamble on the next song. Hopefully Rik doesn't hate it :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Ah I like that song Necro. I took a bit of a gamble on the next song. Hopefully Rik doesn't hate it :D

I like it too :D

There's a section of early 00's music that I remember very fondly, due to certain... reasons ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,842 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

8th Place :: Karen O and Danger Mouse - Woman

Not bad, not great, just okay. I liked the start but then she got real pitchy with the soprano bits and that didnt do it for me at all. Bridge was nice though

8th place - 8 points to Electric Nitwit

Just reading through after falling asleep last night!

Can't argue much, obviously I like it more and it earwormed me for ages, but I left this round to last and struggled. I felt very out of the loop but seems a lot of people did, maybe its just not been a great year

I recognise most of the others but will play catch up on them all :)

Cheers guys, thanks Rikand

Nice to see Rammstein being appreciated :D

Made me even more worried about my other foreign music choice ;_; Was going to keep them for then but then 2019 was a bad year for my kind of music.

Heh, maybe we're just getting old and not with whatever 'It' is anymore given a few seemed to struggle with this round :D

baySp.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭Pretzill

^^^
    I'm surprised I'm in the position that potentially at most only six of us can achieve in this Walrus and moreso that I topped the 2019 category!

The next category now that's the one that'll show us all what "it" was :pac:

Love this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

my cover

it's hard to know which one i love more.

Also next time I'm wolf this is my lynch song, you hear!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Just came across this, if only I'd known about it for the cover round

That's my kind of Cover :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭Pretzill

giphy.gif

Just getting into these now, but I nearly sent on Necros song.

For me its a great song, no sure why I didn't send it on in the end but I forget things...

Necro wrote: »
    Grats Pretzill :)

Hey Rikand, on a scale of 1 to 10 what would you have scored this had I entered it?

How was/is Sean Paul ever a thing

Just getting into these now, but I nearly sent on Necros song.

For me its a great song, no sure why I didn't send it on in the end but I forget things...

I'm not a big Lewis Capaldi fan myself tbh, I just really love that song!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Easy top 3

Sorry Adiemus ;)

Great cover too! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Actually after listening to that Du Hast cover, I was just reminded of this one too :D

Had completely forgotten about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,123 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

^ lead vocals let down what was shaping up to be excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Oh that was an embarrasing fall from grace. I do think Billie is a very marmite sort of artist and she does put a lot of weird extra bits in the tracks. I think shes great tho. Will be top of my list of people to see at EP this year.

And yes for whoever mentioned it, Rammstein are playing their only UK/ Ireland gig in Belfast next June. Was gonna pick up a ticket for it as the stage show is insane but the starting price is £85 which is just too much.

Pre-2010 reveal hype

Just heard this on the radio and reminded me that this would have been a good submission for this category :)

It's happening now??

tenor.gif?itemid=10121476

Another good one to enter ;)

I might do it tonight actually. I know its earlier than billed, but the wife and kids are away so it would suit me to do it this evening

I might do it tonight actually. I know its earlier than billed, but the wife and kids are away so it would suit me to do it this evening

Either is fine with me :) I'm off till Thursday :pac::pac:

Just double checked, I think my answer to this round is the most Rikand-friendly answer I gave!

• Advertisement

Right so - Doing this this evening. Starting at around 10pm

Advertisement