Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭brookville

The team was named last night and will be released tonight so at least it wasn't all over here last night like previous days.i guess that's how someone here knew ger was out..we nearly have everyone to pick from for the first time this year so hopefully we see our best team.Id expect unlike playing wexford this will be our starting team.For whatever reason davey has cody spooked.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Nickindublin

Where has it been officially communicated that Richie Reid has left the panel? He may not have been on the match day team but that doesn't mean he quit. I'm 100% positive Brian Cody would not ring any player begging them to come back. Maybe Mrs Cody rang him and the posters mate of KK senior team membesr got mixed up talking to Paddy down the pub after 20 pints of Guinness.

If Cody has lost the dressing room it has not being shown on the Pitch. Whatever about results,tactics and individual performances the players have always gave 100%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Joe Daly

What is it with the irish they love rumour negativity , I was fairly disappointed after the leinster final like all kilkenny people get behind the team for sunday we see where it will go. Some people must have Codys phone bugged or trying to lip read, meet E Murphy Tuesday evening in a petrol station on the Naas road wished him the best and the team. The best of luck to our minors, seniors sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭laneykin

Kil v Cork

E Murphy
    P Murphy H Lawlor J Holden
    P Deegan P Walsh C Buckley
    C Browne C Fogarty
    R Hogan TJ Reid R Leahy
    A Mullen C Fennelly J Donnelly

Subs
    D Brennan
    E Morrissey
    J Cleere
    C Delaney
    R Reid
    J Maher
    W Walsh
    L Blanchfield
    A Murphy
    B Ryan
    B Sheehan

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Nickindublin

Happy Birthday Brian Cody. 65 today. A few more years before he will be pensionable ��

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,855 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

laneykin wrote: »
    Kil v Cork

E Murphy
    C Browne C Fogarty
    R Hogan TJ Reid R Leahy

Subs
    D Brennan
    E Morrissey
    J Cleere
    C Delaney
    R Reid
    J Maher
    W Walsh
    L Blanchfield
    A Murphy
    B Ryan
    B Sheehan
    Hard to find too much fault with that selection. You'd still worry about the backs there but as long as Hogan is up for it we have a serious scoring threat ourselves. I think we might surprise a few people yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭laneykin

Hard to find too much fault with that selection. You'd still worry about the backs there but as long as Hogan is up for it we have a serious scoring threat ourselves. I think we might surprise a few people yet.

Interested to see Cork’s lineup and who from our team will be picking up Horgan

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Kkman00

laneykin wrote: »
    Kil v Cork

E Murphy
    C Browne C Fogarty
    R Hogan TJ Reid R Leahy

Subs
    D Brennan
    E Morrissey
    J Cleere
    C Delaney
    R Reid
    J Maher
    W Walsh
    L Blanchfield
    A Murphy
    B Ryan
    B Sheehan

Nice to see we’ve made a few changes. Hopefully Browne will add some pace and physicality to the midfield big game for him. You’d have to scratch your head that Richie hogan and John Donnelly hardly featured against Wexford in either match and now deemed good enough to start. But they both carry a scoring threat and they’re should be more space against cork. Tommy Walsh really has paid the price for a bad 15 minute period against Galway not even on panel
    I feel he’s been fairly hard done by here. I still think we could do the business Sunday if we play to our potential

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Make it a dogfight and see if they have the bottle. If its a shootout we lose. Browne and Fogarty to scrap like dogs in the middle. Cody will have them wired going out and I wouldn't be surprised to see us work the timber early to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Village87

Ok team. I would have started Wally for his physical presence and pace. The lack of pace from John Donnelly, Richie Hogan and Conor Fogarty does concern me.
    Need Leahy to have a stormer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

I wouldn't be surprised to see us work the timber early to be honest.

I would. It’s not junior b ffs. That kind of ****e went out with the Indians. We’re more than a match for this crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Shirleysrumbler

citykat wrote: »

I wouldn't be surprised to see us work the timber early to be honest.

I would. It’s not junior b ffs. That kind of ****e went out with the Indians. We’re more than a match for this crowd.
    Maybe JJ'LH thinks Gerry Rafter or Paddy Neary is on the whistle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Motivator

citykat wrote: »

Cork will hurl that Kilkenny team up & down Croke Park. Cork by 6+

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Village87

Talk of 2 changes for the start Sunday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭kkclubhurling

Delighted Conor Browne is playing

Firstly, I think he’s a super athlete and will bring huge energy to the middle area, I’m surprised this is the first time we’ve seen him this championship.

Secondly, Conor captained CIT to a Freshers All Ireland in 2016 and transferred over to UCC the year after, co-captaining them to the Fitz this year. He knows these Cork lads excellently, he has also played Cork Championship with UCC, I think it’s a super move, credit to management

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Comerman

Motivator wrote: »
    Cork will hurl that Kilkenny team up & down Croke Park. Cork by 6+
    Aye.
    Go back to the Cork GAA where they're chatting about football please

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭droppingball

Felt very pessimistic about Sunday all week but for some reason looking at the named teams I feel more confident.

We have Buckley and Richie Hogan starting and with Kingston not starting and those Cork backs I feel more confident.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭usualstripes

Village87 wrote: »
    Talk of 2 changes for the start Sunday afternoon.

When you say talk of 2 changes is this the same carry on as leinster final. Are Walter and Maher in place of Browne and Donnelly these 2 changes?

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭conor05

Horgan, Harnedy and Cadogan will be doing the Cork scoring on Sunday so we need other lads stepping up with TJ.

Both full back lines are dodgy so scores will flow throughout the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭kilkennyboy

Happy enough with selection. Would have stuck with Maher over fogarty.
    We have wally and Maher to come of the bench.donnelly has struggled when he has started slight worry. Physical full forward line who can hurl.
    Nice balance to us .Kilkenny by 5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 castlecat

Lads for all Walter Walsh's size any ability he doesn't win near enough ball for me , Hogan will handle twice as much ball out there and his delivery is normally very good , his first start last year was also the quarter final against limerick and he was really good on Declan Hannon, also went in full forward and got the goal,
    Roll on Sunday , Best wishes to team , panel and management,

At least we're trying something differant sunday i know we had to.Browne is a lad i like and suprised he hasnt seen game time up to this point but as others have said he is familar with the cork lads maybe that helped.He has a good engine and not afraid.its great to see buckley and richie start i hope there match fit.I would have concerns over murphy corner back i would of put deegan back and put delaney on the half back line.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭kk.man

castlecat wrote: »
    Lads for all Walter Walsh's size any ability he doesn't win near enough ball for me , Hogan will handle twice as much ball out there and his delivery is normally very good , his first start last year was also the quarter final against limerick and he was really good on Declan Hannon, also went in full forward and got the goal,
    Roll on Sunday , Best wishes to team , panel and management,

+1 on Wally very disappointed with him all year. I thought this year would make him.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Cornerback1

kk.man wrote: »
    +1 on Wally very disappointed with him all year. I thought this year would make him.

He'll probably come on - hopefully fired up and shoot the lights out.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭kilkennyboy

kk.man wrote: »

To be fair he is carrying a injury all year .And probably should not have started either wexford games. He is still a fair handful when right
    Hopefully he will get the chance before year is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭minty81

Tommy Walsh injured or dropped?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭The_Ghost

Happy with that team selection to be honest. Risky but team seems to have more balance. Forgery lucky to hold onto his jersey but him and Browne in midfield seems a good move, both kind of defensive and hopefully they’ll sit deep and protect our backs. Happy to see Donnolly and Hogan wanted them both to start. Forwards to work like animals, midfielders to sit deep and protect our backs. Will be interesting to see if cadogen will man mark tj, if he does Ellis could go full back which would be good for us I feel. Best of luck to the teams anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭rebs23

Comerman wrote: »
    Aye.
    Go back to the Cork GAA where they're chatting about football please

He’s not a Cork fan, no way would we be motivating KK for Sunday.

When you say talk of 2 changes is this the same carry on as leinster final. Are Walter and Maher in place of Browne and Donnelly these 2 changes?

With so much leakage over the last few weeks im suprised if there is changes it hasnt being put up here.I hope he goes with this team cause I dunno who we're trying to cod.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Assuming that the team named tonight will actually start, I really hope that Buckley and Richie Hogan are actually fit enough to play.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement