Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Village87

Grats wrote: »
    As I said in a previous post I like the look of that team too but it's too late for this year. Some team for next year.

SteJer further posted his reason for dropping Fogarty and Deegan, I agree. Both are starters for now in the absence of Buckley and Delaney. I wouldn't rule out Tommy Walsh. With regards Eoin Cody, leaving cert or not, if you're good enough age diesnt matter.

Perhaps a bold selection is just what's required at this stage.

Ill have the popcorn out around nine o clock waiting for this team. I cant even predict what Cody is going to do

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭Grats

Village87 wrote: »
    Ill have the popcorn out around nine o clock waiting for this team. I cant even predict what Cody is going to do

Nine o'clock Friday for most, Thursday for you!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

We’ll all have to wait till just before throw in for the actual team if past experience is anything to go by.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

citykat wrote: »
    We’ll all have to wait till just before throw in for the actual team if past experience is anything to go by.

The Leinster final team and the last round of the league phase team was known around Wexford the Friday before both games as they lined up with all the changes from the submitted team sheet. So there is definitely a leak of some sort coming out of the camp.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,333 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

This is funny
    Big launch in limerick of the all ireland series
    Call to Kilkenny looking for Brian and player down.over night in adare manor.nice
    Tell them I'm busy.
    But Brian you have to go .no I don't
    2nd shot from Leinster via county chairman
    Hello Brian thing on in adare will you go down
    Launch bring one of the boys few photos be handy.
    No to busy match Sunday.
    3rd go director of gaa.given Codys number and told to ring himself. For fear
    Hello Brian will you go down to the thing in limerick it's the launch sponsor's are looking for you.
    Do ye lads not talk to each other .im busy i have a match sunday.

Our man never change

Is that a joke ? Or a 'real' story ??

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 takeyourpoint

Many people gave Zack Bay Hammond man of the match status after this game. Just wondering why he has been a sub since then

I have to say I did wonder about this too - MOTM against Dublin at Cornerback and played at wing forward 1st game against Wexford - and a sub since.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭SteJer

bruschi wrote: »
    The Leinster final team and the last round of the league phase team was known around Wexford the Friday before both games as they lined up with all the changes from the submitted team sheet. So there is definitely a leak of some sort coming out of the camp.

Yes there is definitely a leak in the camp, which is very disappointing. This wouldn’t have happened during our glory years. Damien Reck was limping heavily around the pitch after the Leinster Final yet everyone on the Wexford GAA forums were still thinking he was going to be playing as he was named. A few seemed to know he was injured but still didn’t know if it was serious enough for him not to start. Considering how badly he was limping it was obvious he hadn’t a hope of starting. We can’t seem to keep anything like this quiet in Kilkenny.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 157 ✭✭Hawkeye6

revanaghkk wrote: »
    If you want it clean, fair, objective and honest you should delete the post as it’s completely unfair to Brian Cody in the week of the match and not truthful

Absolutely and fair play to you and others for calling it out. Now you know what this forum has sounded like all year, after defeats in the league, defeat to Galway, draw with Wexford, Leinster loss etc. Etc. It been all about “time for Cody to go” and negativity and nothing is right in Kilkenny and we’ll never win another AI!! Regular posters should know where I stand on Kilkenny. Yet it was constant with the final straw for me being tbiggertycome who to be fair is a very knowledgeable and respected poster calling time on Cody before the championship had ended. There was no positivity and it was noted by a Limerick poster. It’s sport. Teams win, teams lose. The perceived negativity of the post has made a lot more people positive as regards Kilkenny and the anti-Cody/Kilkenny brigade have gone to ground with the possibility that the debate might get real. Let’s hope the positivity and support stays that way until August for all our teams. Good luck to all Kilkenny over the next week

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

SteJer wrote: »
    Yes there is definitely a leak in the camp, which is very disappointing. This wouldn’t have happened during our glory years. Damien Reck was limping heavily around the pitch after the Leinster Final yet everyone on the Wexford GAA forums were still thinking he was going to be playing as he was named. A few seemed to know he was injured but still didn’t know if it was serious enough for him not to start. Considering how badly he was limping it was obvious he hadn’t a hope of starting. We can’t seem to keep anything like this quiet in Kilkenny.

not sure about that to be honest. He got injured on the Sunday prior and so did Lee Chin too. There was serious doubts about the pair of them. Liam Ryan then did his shoulder and he was a 50-50 call on the day. Reck was done on the Wednesday beforehand and Chin seemed to be back ok. Not sure what forums you frequent for Wexford hurling news, but there really arent many around which probably helps keep the talk down. Most around knew Reck hadnt a hope of lining out. Plus there was no way the team would stay the same after Jack O Connor and Cathal Dunbars performances 2 weeks prior. That probably more speculation than confirmed team news though.

Albeit the talk didnt really spread far on twitter or online like what the Kilkenny team did, so I'd agree with you on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭JohnCougar

Hawkeye6 wrote: »
    Absolutely and fair play to you and others for calling it out. Now you know what this forum has sounded like all year, after defeats in the league, defeat to Galway, draw with Wexford, Leinster loss etc. Etc. It been all about “time for Cody to go” and negativity and nothing is right in Kilkenny and we’ll never win another AI!! Regular posters should know where I stand on Kilkenny. Yet it was constant with the final straw for me being tbiggertycome who to be fair is a very knowledgeable and respected poster calling time on Cody before the championship had ended. There was no positivity and it was noted by a Limerick poster. It’s sport. Teams win, teams lose. The perceived negativity of the post has made a lot more people positive as regards Kilkenny and the anti-Cody/Kilkenny brigade have gone to ground with the possibility that the debate might get real. Let’s hope the positivity and support stays that way until August for all our teams. Good luck to all Kilkenny over the next week

Tbiggertycome posts are fantastic and very informative. Your post about the anti Cody/Kilkenny brigade gone to ground is both silly and uninformed. All the posters here are Kilkenny true and true and are not anti Cody/Kilkenny. What people want is a change of manager later this year whether we win the All Ireland or not. Brian Cody is there 20 years and has nothing left to prove and also for Brian to leave with his legacy in tact. Alex Ferguson left after winning the league in 2013. Brian should have left in 2015 or 2016.

We all want us to win on Sunday but things go stale when people are in these jobs for too long.

Conor Delaney, Cillian Buckley, Jason Cleere, Richie Hogan to start on Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

Hawkeye6 wrote: »
    revanaghkk wrote: »
    If you want it clean, fair, objective and honest you should delete the post as it’s completely unfair to Brian Cody in the week of the match and not truthful

Absolutely and fair play to you and others for calling it out. Now you know what this forum has sounded like all year, after defeats in the league, defeat to Galway, draw with Wexford, Leinster loss etc. Etc. It been all about “time for Cody to go” and negativity and nothing is right in Kilkenny and we’ll never win another AI!!  Regular posters should know where I stand on Kilkenny. Yet it was constant with the final straw for me being tbiggertycome who to be fair is a very knowledgeable and respected poster calling time on Cody before the championship had ended. There was no positivity and it was noted by a Limerick poster. It’s sport. Teams win, teams lose. The perceived negativity of the post has made a lot more people positive as regards Kilkenny and the anti-Cody/Kilkenny brigade have gone to ground with the possibility that the debate might get real. Let’s hope the positivity and support stays that way until August for all our teams. Good luck to all Kilkenny over the next week
    I was calling for Cody to change or go at the end of the year not before we finish in the championship. I always have and always will be an eternal optimist when it comes to Kilkenny hurling and our teams and it's the main reason I would like Cody to change his approach a small bit as I believe we have the players to be winning these matches we're narrowly losing. If he doesn't change his approach and stays on, I can't see us improving hugely but I could be totally wrong and will happily hold my hands up. If he doesn't plan to change his approach next year I think he should go but that's my opinion and Brian has plenty of his own. The one thing we know is this current county board would never make a move against him and rightly so after everything he has achieved. He will go on his own terms when he's ready. I may change back to the Cody defender if things change but at the moment I'm no longer in that camp. I made one post about it and hadn't intended to bring it up again. I defended the sentiments in the post to Savannahcat and others reaction to it. I think this talk should be left aside now until after we're finished this year and I won't be commenting further people know where I stand. I'll update ye if I change my mind;)

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭kilkennyboy

If you can find a picture of Cody at the launch In limerick. It's lies

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

I was calling for Cody to change or go at the end of the year not before we finish in the championship. I always have and always will be an eternal optimist when it comes to Kilkenny hurling and our teams and it's the main reason I would like Cody to change his approach a small bit as I believe we have the players to be winning these matches we're narrowly losing. If he doesn't change his approach and stays on, I can't see us improving hugely but I could be totally wrong and will happily hold my hands up. If he doesn't plan to change his approach next year I think he should go but that's my opinion and Brian has plenty of his own. The one thing we know is this current county board would never make a move against him and rightly so after everything he has achieved. He will go on his own terms when he's ready. I may change back to the Cody defender if things change but at the moment I'm no longer in that camp. I made one post about it and hadn't intended to bring it up again. I defended the sentiments in the post to Savannahcat and others reaction to it. I think this talk should be left aside now until after we're finished this year and I won't be commenting further people know where I stand. I'll update ye if I change my mind😉

Hard to see Kilkenny winning if Murphy or/and Holden are in the fullback line. But the longer Kilkenny stay in more chance they have. I hope Cork dont build a big early lead..
    Is Zack 'Dublin Bay' Hammond a part of the training squad?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭blackcard

Many people gave Zack Bay Hammond man of the match status after this game. Just wondering why he has been a sub since then

I have to say I did wonder about this too - MOTM against Dublin at Cornerback and played at wing forward 1st game against Wexford - and a sub since.
    He started off at corner back against Wexford but things didn't go well for him on the day and he was moved a couple of times ending up in the half forward line. Played extremely nervously

He started off at corner back against Wexford but things didn't go well for him on the day and he was moved a couple of times ending up in the half forward line. Played extremely nervously

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

If you can find a picture of Cody at the launch In limerick. It's lies

Pictures from the launch, only 5 teams represented...

https://www.sportsfile.com/more-images/1907063/#0

• Registered Users Posts: 7 WasupDude

Followed it on radio. Don't think I heard Brian Cody interviewed after? But stand to be corrected.

Davy Fitz is managing to keep leaks under wraps for now. When he's with Wexford for twenty years no doubt that will change!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭kkclubhurling

BloodyBill wrote: »
    Hard to see Kilkenny winning if Murphy or/and Holden are in the fullback line. But the longer Kilkenny stay in more chance they have. I hope Cork dont build a big early lead..
    Is Zack 'Dublin Bay' Hammond a part of the training squad?

Firstly Joey Holden has been one of our most consistent defenders for the past 18 months.

Secondly the young player you’ve mentioned is u16, so if you’re seriously asking if he’s on the training squad I think that says it all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Village87

Firstly Joey Holden has been one of our most consistent defenders for the past 18 months.

Secondly the young player you’ve mentioned is u16, so if you’re seriously asking if he’s on the training squad I think that says it all.

Joey Holden has spent a fair chunk of 18 months involved with club and on the bench. Joeys seems be be very nervous on the ball and makes a few fumbles. It says a lot for our backs that he is considered the most consistent

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭kkclubhurling

Village87 wrote: »
    Joey Holden has spent a fair chunk of 18 months involved with club and on the bench. Joeys seems be be very nervous on the ball and makes a few fumbles. It says a lot for our backs that he is considered the most consistent

Was excellent for Ballyhale all year, man of the match against Ballygunner in the semi final.

Played all last year and was very good throughout, was injured for the first 2 championship games this year, came on vs Galway this year and in the team since.

Joey has been as easy target since 2014, and I’d be the first to say he has had some bad days with Kilkenny, however he has been very good since last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭The_Ghost

Think every other team left more or less knows there starting 15, while we haven’t a notion which shows the rebuilding hasn’t quite gone to plan. We will have to throw caution to the wind with our team selection I reckon. I know Mullen hasn’t but has Conor Delaney played a championship game for us? Cork will let ya hurl and their backs arnt fantastic and Waterford caused them problems playing long ball but in fairness their backs play high quality balls in. Coleman is very dangerous, how Walsh should be for us. I’d put fennelly or Wally at 10 to try stop him influencing the game.
    Murphy
    Mullen Lawor Joey
    Walsh Delaney Bucko
    Maher Leahy
    Wally Hogan Donnelly
    Adrian Colin TJ.

Their full back line looks poor enough and the 3 ballyhale lads link up very well and tj will come out for the frees anyway so won’t be stuck in there. Donnelly and Hogan good stick men and very smart hurlers to open up the space inside. It’s hogan from the start or not at all for me. Mullen Delaney Buckley would be risks but I think it’s worth the risk because if Cork are going to put up a good score regardless. A win here could do our confidence wonders because we’re not winning these big games lately but if we could just win one it could change everything. When was the last time we won a championship game in croke park? I’m sure we’ll know 5 mins after the named team If it’s the team starting which others have said Is very disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭SteJer

bruschi wrote: »
    not sure about that to be honest. He got injured on the Sunday prior and so did Lee Chin too. There was serious doubts about the pair of them. Liam Ryan then did his shoulder and he was a 50-50 call on the day. Reck was done on the Wednesday beforehand and Chin seemed to be back ok. Not sure what forums you frequent for Wexford hurling news, but there really arent many around which probably helps keep the talk down. Most around knew Reck hadnt a hope of lining out. Plus there was no way the team would stay the same after Jack O Connor and Cathal Dunbars performances 2 weeks prior. That probably more speculation than confirmed team news though.

Albeit the talk didnt really spread far on twitter or online like what the Kilkenny team did, so I'd agree with you on that.

I would imagine this is the first most people will have heard about this, 10 days after the match (the way it should be). Everyone knew everything about Kilkenny before the match. That is what's disappointing. Regarding Wexford GAA forums their Hogan Stand forum is fairly active and there wasn't a mention of any injuries on that (the way it should be). Everyone involved obviously respects Davy & the management team. The same can't be said for Kilkenny unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

JohnCougar wrote: »
    Tbiggertycome posts are fantastic and very informative. Your post about the anti Cody/Kilkenny brigade gone to ground is both silly and uninformed. All the posters here are Kilkenny true and true and are not anti Cody/Kilkenny. What people want is a change of manager later this year whether we win the All Ireland or not. Brian Cody is there 20 years and has nothing left to prove and also for Brian to leave with his legacy in tact. Alex Ferguson left after winning the league in 2013. Brian should have left in 2015 or 2016.

We all want us to win on Sunday but things go stale when people are in these jobs for too long.

Conor Delaney, Cillian Buckley, Jason Cleere, Richie Hogan to start on Sunday.

No we do not want a change of manager

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

JohnCougar wrote: »
    ....Alex Ferguson left after winning the league in 2013. Brian should have left in 2015 or 2016....

And that's gone pretty well for United ever since, hasnt it?!

As a Cork man I would be all for KK ditching Cody and replacing him with a David Moyes type figure.

I'd like to see something a bit more radical but I'd hope we would see something like this.
    Murphy
    Delaney, Lawlor, Holden
    Deegan, Walsh, Buckley
    Fogarty, Maher
    Leahy, TJ, Wally
    Mullen, Fennelly Hogan

Also heard Wally and Padraig were horsing into one another in training last week. For me this is great to hear as we used to hear or see Tommy and Shefflin or Larks and JJ were flying into each other. If true it's a good positive that the lads are gee'd up for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭usualstripes

I'd like to see something a bit more radical but I'd hope we would see something like this.
    Murphy
    Delaney, Lawlor, Holden
    Deegan, Walsh, Buckley
    Fogarty, Maher
    Leahy, TJ, Wally
    Mullen, Fennelly Hogan

Also heard Wally and Padraig were horsing into one another in training last week. For me this is great to hear as we used to hear or see Tommy and Shefflin or Larks and JJ were flying into each other. If true it's a good positive that the lads are gee'd up for this one.

Anyone any concrete news whether Buckley has trained the past 2 weeks?

Tbiggerthcome?

• Advertisement

Murphy
    Delaney, Lawlor, Holden
    Deegan, Walsh, Buckley
    Fogarty, Maher
    Leahy, TJ, Wally
    Mullen, Fennelly Hogan

Also heard Wally and Padraig were horsing into one another in training last week. For me this is great to hear as we used to hear or see  Tommy and Shefflin or Larks and JJ were flying into each other. If true it's a good positive that the lads are gee'd up for this one.

Yep heard Buckley did a massively intense session in the Boro on the Saturday before the Leinster final so he is as good as far as I know

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement