Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭Grats

I'd like to see something a bit more radical but I'd hope we would see something like this.
    Murphy
    Delaney, Lawlor, Holden
    Deegan, Walsh, Buckley
    Fogarty, Maher
    Leahy, TJ, Wally
    Mullen, Fennelly Hogan

Also heard Wally and Padraig were horsing into one another in training last week. For me this is great to hear as we used to hear or see Tommy and Shefflin or Larks and JJ were flying into each other. If true it's a good positive that the lads are gee'd up for this one.

P Walsh needs to be released from centre back. Perhaps swap with Deegan. Wally to corner or midfield, away from TJ.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

SteJer wrote: »
    Yes there is definitely a leak in the camp, which is very disappointing. This wouldn’t have happened during our glory years. Damien Reck was limping heavily around the pitch after the Leinster Final yet everyone on the Wexford GAA forums were still thinking he was going to be playing as he was named. A few seemed to know he was injured but still didn’t know if it was serious enough for him not to start. Considering how badly he was limping it was obvious he hadn’t a hope of starting. We can’t seem to keep anything like this quiet in Kilkenny.

The Leinster Final team was sent out on Friday night by the supporters club. The official team was sent out by text. Then the actual starting team was sent out, quickly followed by “please ignore the previous message, sent in error”

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭droppingball

1984baby wrote: »
    Yes there is definitely a leak in the camp, which is very disappointing. This wouldn’t have happened during our glory years. Damien Reck was limping heavily around the pitch after the Leinster Final yet everyone on the Wexford GAA forums were still thinking he was going to be playing as he was named. A few seemed to know he was injured but still didn’t know if it was serious enough for him not to start. Considering how badly he was limping it was obvious he hadn’t a hope of starting. We can’t seem to keep anything like this quiet in Kilkenny.

The Leinster Final team was sent out on Friday night by the supporters club. The official team was sent out by text. Then the actual starting team was sent out, quickly followed by “please ignore the previous message, sent in error”

No it was team for dublin match that was sent out in second text sure it had Billy Ryan and Tommy Walsh on it and they didn't start leinster final.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭usualstripes

Presuming Buckley came through a tough training session unscathed and Walter has sufficiently recovered from the ankle strain he had I presume cody will go with something like the following.....

Murphy
    Murphy
    Lawlor
    Holden
    Buckley
    Padraig
    Deegan
    Maher
    Fogarty
    Walter
    TJ
    Leahy
    Billy Ryan
    Fennelly
    Mullen

Not sure if hogan will play a role as he was thrown in coming on injury time in leinster final so there must be something amiss. Hopefully I'm wrong.
    Would like Darren Mullen at right corner back. When he reverted there with the shamrocks from wing back he made a big difference to their defence.
    A lot of people talking about moving Walter around. He can play anywhere but it depends on how other teams line up but the one thing he will give you is decent decent deliveries to our forwards.
    Its all or nothing now. My belief is that we have the quality but showing it is now the key as there's a lot at stake for some of these players. Time to stand up lads. We need leaders Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭mullinr2

Those two corner backs you have there will get roasted by Corks fast forwards

• Advertisement

Presuming Buckley came through a tough training session unscathed and Walter has sufficiently recovered from the ankle strain he had I presume cody will go with something like the following.....

Murphy
    Murphy
    Lawlor
    Holden
    Buckley
    Padraig
    Deegan
    Maher
    Fogarty
    Walter
    TJ
    Leahy
    Billy Ryan
    Fennelly
    Mullen

Not sure if hogan will play a role as he was thrown in coming on injury time in leinster final so there must be something amiss. Hopefully I'm wrong.
    Would like Darren Mullen at right corner back. When he reverted there with the shamrocks from wing back he made a big difference to their defence.
    A lot of people talking about moving Walter around. He can play anywhere but it depends on how other teams line up but the one thing he will give you is decent decent deliveries to our forwards.
    Its all or nothing now. My belief is that we have the quality but showing it is now the key as there's a lot at stake for some of these players. Time to stand up lads. We need leaders Sunday.
    mullinr2 wrote: »
    Those two corner backs you have there will get roasted by Corks fast forwards

I hope not but you may be right. It wouldn't be my 1st choice but I think that cody will have it this way. Our half back line, midfield and half forward line will need to work like Trojans to thwart the cork movement coming from their half back line.
    I'm sure the boys will be up for it and I think there's a big game in us. If we get it right no one will want to face us but it's up to the panel and management. Hopefully they're in a good frame of mind and have made the most of the 2 weeks since the leinster final.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭brookville

Hard to know what to expect sunday.not many experts giving us a chance this is often the time we give a really good performance but i think we'll have our work cut out to hold their fowards.Their pace and movement will cause us huge problems.We will have to be a lot smarter with our delivery out of defence.As plenty of others have said the team is a lottery theres talk of delaney,buckley and delaney playing but with very little match practice would it be a gamble starting these although I think we have to go for broke.It will be intresting to see the team tomorrow night hopefully it will be the real team.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭JohnCougar

Ger Aylward out of the 26 due to injury and Richie Reid in. Apparently Richie Reid walked out of the squad a month ago but now back in. A lot of unhappy fringe players with this and also some of them being told by selectors and management that they are going well in training but still cant make the 26 or get on as a sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Village87

JohnCougar wrote: »
    Ger Aylward out of the 26 due to injury and Richie Reid in. Apparently Richie Reid walked out of the squad a month ago but now back in. A lot of unhappy fringe players with this and also some of them being told by selectors and management that they are going well in training but still cant make the 26 or get on as a sub.

Whats going on at all. Richie Reid walked and Cody rang looking for him to come back. This must have been a first under Cody. If Richie walked then he should have left him walk. Now he has him on the 26 as an outfield player i presume. Richie Reid would have been an ideal player for the likes of Wexford where he could have played the free role as he is excellent on the ball.

Sunday is a massive game for management as they are after getting it wrong in the championship last 3/4 years

We're all looking for Cody to change, good to see he is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

Upper Cusack open - section 706

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Powerhouse

brookville wrote: »

Hard to know what to expect sunday.not many experts giving us a chance

Not sure you have any particular experts in mind but from what I have seen and expect to see, while hardly anybody will go for Kilkenny to win (which is the logical position I think) I'd say they'll all be couched in conservative language allowing for the alternative (which would be sensible too).

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭SteJer

Aren’t you great coming on here with the big “scoop”. Are you trying to start a rumour that there is tension between the players & management? Richie Reid has been one of the most consistently good club hurlers over the past 12 months so why wouldn’t he be in the 26? So what if he walked out (if even true) and Cody asked him back. It doesn’t make him less of a hurler.

As for players unhappy that they were told by management they were going well but still can’t make the 26, that is laughable. Are you sure you are not confusing adult Kilkenny senior hurlers with your local U11 team?

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭kilkennyboy

I would give us a massive chance on Sunday. Cork are lovely hurlers.
    But how would they survive in Leinster championship .Munster games tend to be shootouts. You won't get that on Sunday. A arm wrestle is what you can expect and we win those.speaking to one of the wexford backroom lads this week and he said they had a day of days in the Leinster final. Had no wides and scoring from all angles and distances And
    Still it took a penalty to edge them ahead. And a bit of composure at the end we could have got a draw.he can't see us bet.
    Mr Cody has had time to digest things and I see a massive response on the cards.The mob might have to head for the hills come Sunday evening
    His head was called for before going back to the Charlie Carter fan club days.lot done since

Village87 wrote: »
    Whats going on at all. Richie Reid walked and Cody rang looking for him to come back. This must have been a first under Cody. If Richie walked then he should have left him walk. Now he has him on the 26 as an outfield player i presume. Richie Reid would have been an ideal player for the likes of Wexford where he could have played the free role as he is excellent on the ball.

Sunday is a massive game for management as they are after getting it wrong in the championship last 3/4 years

When I read you're first sentence - What's going on at all - I thought you were hopping that somebody got the scoop before you!! You'll have to have words with that buddy!

Aren’t you great coming on here with the big “scoop”. Are you trying to start a rumour that there is tension between the players & management? Richie Reid has been one of the most consistently good club hurlers over the past 12 months so why wouldn’t he be in the 26? So what if he walked out (if even true) and Cody asked him back. It doesn’t make him less of a hurler.

As for players unhappy that they were told by management they were going well but still can’t make the 26, that is laughable. Are you sure you are not confusing adult Kilkenny senior hurlers with your local U11 team?

Yes I am not confusing adult senior players with U-11 because it is going on. Why is it laughable. I have this from 2/3 players directly.

Lads like you have their head in the sand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Village87

Grats wrote: »
    When I read you're first sentence - What's going on at all - I thought you were hopping that somebody got the scoop before you!! You'll have to have words with that buddy!

I would have liked to see Ger Aylward play Sunday. He is one of the players that could bully the cork backs and use his physicality. That is the best chance we have turn it into a battle. I really question Corks ability to win hard games and physical games

If players are disappointed because they can't make the match day panel, surely that's a good thing. Stop trying to make an issue out of it, they are adults for God sake. They need to take their heads out of the sand and drive on. As do some posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭blackcard

If players are disappointed because they can't make the match day panel, surely that's a good thing. Stop trying to make an issue out of it, they are afukrs for God sake. They need to take their heads out of the sand and drive on. As do some posters.
    You would hope that players would be disappointed not to make the 26, this has been the situation for the last 20 years and is probably the same in any serious team.

blackcard wrote: »
    You would hope that players would be disappointed not to make the 26, this has been the situation for the last 20 years and is probably the same in any serious team.

Spot on!

• Advertisement

Yes I am not confusing adult senior players with U-11 because it is going on. Why is it laughable. I have this from 2/3 players directly.

Lads like you have their head in the sand

I think you need to bury your head in the sand too! Coming on here with your ridiculous claims 2 days before a knockout match will not help anyone in any way. A true Kilkenny hurling supporter wouldn't see the need to post this on a public forum.

I think you need to bury your head in the sand too! Coming on here with your ridiculous claims 2 days before a knockout match will not help anyone in any way. A true Kilkenny hurling supporter wouldn't see the need to post this on a public forum.

I am a true Kilkenny supporter. If you dont like the posts maybe you should not be on here at all. You obviously dont want to hear the truth and live on the past. I pay my money to watch the team so I am entitled to say whatever I want, just like you are.

I am a true Kilkenny supporter. If you dont like the posts maybe you should not be on here at all. You obviously dont want to hear the truth and live on the past. I pay my money to watch the team so I am entitled to say whatever I want, just like you are.

Your first post AS JohnCougar, which was in July this year, was negative and anti Cody. Most, if not all, of your posts since have been similar. What do you hope to achieve? I imagine Cody doesn't read Boards so you may be wasting your time. If you feel good letting off steam here, good man. But don't expect all posters to applaud you. Particularly when there's a big match coming up. Save your gripes for another time. You survived outside of Boards up to now, or did you!!!

I seriously doubt you are a true Kilkenny hurling supporter. I have my doubts you are even from Kilkenny. Maybe a Rebel in disguise?? A lot of people hear rumours but thankfully not all of them feel the need to post them on a public forum. Have you any opinion on what the team might be or how you think the match will go or are you only interested in rumours and negativity?

Your first post AS JohnCougar, which was in July this year, was negative and anti Cody. Most, if not all, of your posts since have been similar. What do you hope to achieve? I imagine Cody doesn't read Boards so you may be wasting your time. If you feel good letting off steam here, good man. But don't expect all posters to applaud you. Particularly when there's a big match coming up. Save your gripes for another time. You survived outside of Boards up to now, or did you!!!

I dont want anyone to applaud me. I am just pointing out some home truths. Obviously some of you dont like it and thats up to you. If you all think all is good in the Kilkenny hurling set up from underage to senior then you all have your head in the sand.

I seriously doubt you are a true Kilkenny hurling supporter. I have my doubts you are even from Kilkenny. Maybe a Rebel in disguise?? A lot of people hear rumours but thankfully not all of them feel the need to post them on a public forum. Have you any opinion on what the team might be or how you think the match will go or are you only interested in rumours and negativity?

Yes I think we will beat Cork but not Limerick.

My team would be

Murphy
    Delaney Lawlor Holden or Deegan
    Walsh Cleere Buckley
    Maher Fogarty with R Hogan floating
    Reid Wally Mullen
    Fennelly with Blanchfield or Sheehan - 2 fast players in full forward line

Play the ball in low.

Thats my team now but wont see the light of day

Yes I think we will beat Cork but not Limerick.

My team would be

Murphy
    Delaney Lawlor Holden or Deegan
    Walsh Cleere Buckley
    Maher Fogarty with R Hogan floating
    Reid Wally Mullen
    Fennelly with Blanchfield or Sheehan - 2 fast players in full forward line

Play the ball in low.

Thats my team now but wont see the light of day

Jeepers your post was positive and then you go and ruin it with your last line!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭kk1970

Why would you think Cody asked a player who didn't make a match day 26 back onto the panel? I think the answer is fairly obvious. If Richie is in the 26 tonight then Cody has lost the dressing room.

kk1970 wrote: »

Why would you think Cody asked a player who didn't make a match day 26 back onto the panel? I think the answer is fairly obvious. If Richie is in the 26 tonight then Cody has lost the dressing room.

Lost the dressing room? Last year Pat Lyng started v Limerick in the quarter final and wasn't on the matchday panel the previous week. Do we take it the dressing room was lost then?
    For all of us genuine kilkenny supporters we are all hoping we come through Sunday with a win. This is the only way we should be thinking before a match like this. All other things are possibly for another day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,864 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

People keep saying Richie Reid walked. There's no proof of that at all.

Some amount of ****e talk since losing the Leinster final, I can't wait until the match starts, because for seventy minutes we might not be at reach other's ****ing throats over rumours and pot stirring ****e talk.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement