Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeless junky aggression

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Trite. Ireland has a large social security state and a relatively low prison population.

Fo sho, but if we start throwing everyone in prison like the post I quoted that wouldn't be long changing. The other post I wanted to quote at the same time wouldn't work (I think because it got carded).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Along with very limited detox beds .

Methadone, also known as liquid handcuffs.

Much better would be more plain-clothes gardai

Then when one of the addicts harasses someone, grabs someones phone etc , they can be beaten to a pulp

This would filter the normal addicts from the violent ones

• Registered Users Posts: 10,298 ✭✭✭✭branie2

They need help

branie2 wrote: »
    They need help

They are not all poor-little-craythurs, some are

Offer euthanasia to the rest

I live in hope I’ll someday read of a mass fatal poisoning of the junkie filth via their product supply. The occasional occurrence on a small scale in other countries already delights me. I’d be ecstatic to hear that hundreds of them here overdosed and died in the space of a couple of days.

Good for nothing human waste.

• Advertisement

branie2 wrote: »
    They need help

Bloody right you are.

The same way a deer that’s been smacked by a jeep and had its hind quarters run over and crushed needs help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

Another Dublin is full of junkies, free houses, free money etc.. Boards.ie thread.

Who'd ave tunk it huh :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

Most people are afraid of their life to venture around the Talbot Street/Abbey Street area, where you see open street dealing in broad daylight and junkies strung out of their head in nearly every doorway. Ironically enough Store Street Garda Station is only around the corner and they don't seem interested whatsoever in what goes on around their doorstep.

:pac: Afraid of their life's. You need to do some travelling if you think Dublin is rough. Bless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

No one is afraid of their life ffs

Except those of us who have had knives pulled on us in broad daylight exactly in those areas mentioned...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Hal3000

Thinking of tourists stepping outside Connolly Station or walking along our boardwalk makes me cringe with embarrassment. Let's be honest now, the North inner city is an absolute hole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭dd973

You rarely see or hear any quiet junkies, they mostly seem to be mouthy, roaring feckers with leather vocal chords and sliotars for gonads, I thought that was meant to be advantageous for life.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Agree with that tbh. Used to not have a problem with them and thought they were harmless enough but now whenever you walk by and ignore the begging theyll ask another few times and try to get in your face, and if just ignore it and walk on by them theyll mutter' ah arsehole' or something along those lines, didnt listen out but Im sure it wasnt something friendly, not very nice to be around really.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

What martial arts style is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭fatknacker

Afraid for your life on Talbot st?

You're all a bunch of saps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

The Guards aren't interested, end of story. They've neither the ability not the inclination to address the problem. Some form of private security, particularly for the Board Walk and adjacent seating areas should be employed.

These zombies aren't long hanging around private property before they're moved on. They've no such issue on public property because they know the Guards aren't interested

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

fatknacker wrote: »

I'm afraid the heat will get me long before Talbot St. anyone else here dying?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

fatknacker wrote: »

Well I would be very afraid. But ..I AM a girl. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Homeless Junky Aggression, available now on PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭policarp

There are gangs killing each other for a share of the patch.
    So what hope has a poor unfortunate on the lower echelons
    of surviving without robbing,conning or begging?
    Not saying it's right, but that's how I see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

You feel aggrieved by his/her presence.... When he/her made their communion do you think that was their goal in life,.to make you feel like that!?.. look not getting at you,.but it's so foooookin sad for some/most of those guys.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 343 ✭✭Wtf ?

I just go up to their face and tell them to **** Off. Mind you, I am 6''6 and 19 stone :D

Wtf ? wrote: »
    I just go up to their face and tell them to **** Off. Mind you, I am 6''6 and 19 stone :D

One might stick a needle in you walking away, HIV wouldn't mind what size you are :(

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

I got zero sympathies for junkies... more so in a country that has it good on social welfare. If they want to re.ain homeless that's on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Robsweezie wrote: »
    Homeless Junky Aggression, available now on PS4.
    Duel Crutches - achievement unlocked

• Registered Users Posts: 23,562 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

We can't man a navy, army, police force.

What a country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Dufflecoat Fanny

Move the needle exchange to montrose and see a solution appear overnight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

Euro Giant on Abbey street sell 2 Euro crutches - I am serious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Nikki Sixx

Methadone clinics should never have been put near O’ Connell Street. Junkies and homeless should be moved on by the guards around the city centre. Tourists shouldn’t be exposed to this on a visit to our capital.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Nikki Sixx

BeerWolf wrote: »
    I got zero sympathies for junkies... more so in a country that has it good on social welfare. If they want to re.ain homeless that's on them.

Not easy being addicted to anything, especially hard drugs. However, yes we shouldn’t be expected to pay for their bag of smack. Having said that I’ve seen documentaries about the U.S. where junkies get their money from begging, so it’s not unique to Ireland.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement